Is Porsche the next Vision GT?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by jonjwlee, Sep 9, 2017.

1. jonjwlee

jonjwlee

2. RaY29rus

RaY29rus

3. queleuleu

queleuleu

4. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

If only...

Lord Kacperov and Aero2000 like this.
  5. This was on the Top gear site months ago. Looks good.

6. Soundtrack

Soundtrack

I wouldn't jump on any conclusion but this project has seemingly been given enough of an endorsement by the manufacturer it is being currently used/teased on Porsche official YouTube channel and linked to a copyrighted Porsche Vision GT website.

7. Lee x sensai

Lee x sensai

I don't see any GT logo anywhere. Lol

TheNuvolari likes this.
  8. RaY29rus

RaY29rus

They started this project when a lot of VGT cars appeared, and early sketches have GT logos.
    [​IMG]
    But now "Vision GT" is just a name. Two similar letters is the only thing that connects the game and this concept.

girabyt3, queleuleu, KingK76 and 4 others like this.
  9. Lee x sensai

Lee x sensai

IMG_1834.jpg
    Yooo where you find this ?!!!! Wait I found this office website

AgentBlackDog and TheNuvolari like this.
  10. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

And to think one person's thread with this car was shut down. Oh boy :lol:

Too bad as cool as this car is, it will not get the full size working car treatment its VAG siblings got.

If they are selling models of that car in that size though...

upload_2017-9-13_13-30-6.png

11. Mike458

Mike458

OH MY GOD. THIS IS AWESOME.

12. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Somehow it got to the main page of GTP, still not sure why. I don't see anything being accidentally leaked, just some old news from a while ago. I'll be happy if someone could point that out.

RaY29rus likes this.
  13. Il_Conte_Sky

Il_Conte_Sky

If this is gonna be the Group 1 car for Porsche in GTSport, they can just simply get the real LMP1 models, throw them in the bin, and call it Ridge Racer Sport Group.

BTW really sexy concept nontheless

14. Famine

Famine Administrator

Porsche posted it on its own news site on 9th September 2017.

Interestingly, the creators of the concept say, in their account, that they received an email from Porsche and have spent about a year working with them since, resulting in this latest version of the car. The original versions of the concept surfaced on our forums last July, about a year ago...

I wonder how Porsche became aware of it before contacting the 'Vision GT' team.

15. trustjab

trustjab

Imo it looks pretty nice, but I'm not a fan of the "long-tail" and I'm no Porsche fan. But it's really nice of them to recognize these guys. I'm afraid that's all it is though. Recognition and a 'small partnership' which entitled them to officially use Porsche's name.

Lubeify100 and Racecarman like this.
  16. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

Wild guess, but perhaps Porsche were already working in secret on a Vision concept of their own before presenting it to the VGT team, then someone dropped the original photos of the 908/04 at their door at the time said photos would have gone viral.

Porsche gets in contact with the designers to see what they were doing, liked what they saw, settled any potential licensing issues, and decided in the end to collaborate with them and make their work the Vision concept that would be shown to the VGT team.

Porsche's own design maybe might not have been far along enough at the time that they ultimately got behind the 908/04. Would've been cheaper too to switch seeing as a concept was already complete and in the public domain. All Porsche did was paint it in the 2015/16 919 Hybrid LMP1 colours.

Plus, if you look back at the various articles from July 2016 about the 908/04, there's little or no reference at all to the original design team. As far as people who saw it were concerned, it was a retro 21st century concept created by Porsche.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  17. Famine

Famine Administrator

But if you look on GTPlanet...

It's almost like Porsche learned about this from us...

18. cutmeamango

cutmeamango

You mean two years ago?
    2015, the year where the lead artist already worked for Chery Motors, along with the rest of the design team?
    And it surfaced on the forums right about the time where they already had a website and a tease campaign going?
    And they were contacted in August 2016?
    Which happened to be the month right after their campaign/blow out happened and garnered attention in motoring sites?

PhaedrusSocrate likes this.
  19. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

Hmm. Must of overlooked that thread at the time.

I've known about the GTPlanet community for about 2 to 3 years, but I didn't exactly delve into every forum/thread in that time.

20. Yarf

Yarf

Not sure why you guys would put this as a news article, and if Porsche was part of the Vision GT project, it wouldn't look like that that's for sure also, c l i c k b a i t

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  21. davidt33

davidt33

Wow, that car looks sweet.

22. Famine

Famine Administrator

Of course, Porsche probably didn't actually learn about it from us - versions of the car have popped up a few times, starting with that version with a more 918 colour scheme and front end - but it's interesting to note that the last we heard of it was July 2016, right around the time Porsche's exclusivity agreement with EA expired, and now the car is getting a scale model built by Porsche and publicity on Porsche's own website. It's gone from a fan project to something the manufacturer itself recognises and publicises.

Will it be the Porsche VGT? Does Porsche even have a VGT? Nobody knows except Porsche and Polyphony Digital. It's getting a lot of praise though.

And it has a full interior :lol:

23. adam thompson

adam thompson

I wish they would just finish off GT 6 vision cars first. Lol grrrr instead of having a manufacture logo and all these blank squares.

AgentBlackDog and palqo like this.
  24. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Vision GT support on GT6 has been dead for a LONG time. I'm surprised people are still asking for it tbh.

AgentBlackDog and davidt33 like this.
  25. davidt33

davidt33

Yeah. Was one of my pet peeves too.

26. MockngBrd

MockngBrd

Well played Porsche!!!! I'll drive my 944 Turbo to work today!!!!

Maybe they will present both VGT cars into the game? Will make an awesome story.

27. adam thompson

adam thompson

I'm not asking for it just pisses me off they never finished it and no real career mode in gt sport upsets me too.

28. palqo

palqo

Looks nice, but nothing WOW and I am a Porsche fan. If Porsche supports a fan design, I'd rather see the Porsche Karma in the game than this.

29. alertthepro

alertthepro

This is a work of art. Plain and simple.

30. TWR77

TWR77

Seems pretty obvious Porsche will eventually have a Vision GT car. But first they need the LMP1 and GTE models. You would think those are top priorities.