Is Special Stage Route 11 in GT5?

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 374 comments
Especially if we add the highway SSR7 into it, it'll be the new Ring!
No, it won't. It'll just be two long, high-speed sections linked by technical loops. The Nurburgring constantly assaults you; this would give you a chance to catch your breah in between corners.

That sir, looks like such an orgasmic track. :sly: If Polyphony ever decided to do that, I'll scream like a girl or something.

And what do you mean it's too long? We have Nurburgring, don't we?

That would be bad ass. Only thing about it, is that one of two will have to be driven in reverse once it connects to the other. ss5 is easier in reverse by far. But i do recall having to do ss11 in reverse and it does go as smooth as its forward position. But I could do it. I'd welcome this for sure. I think gt6-7 they could get alot of ideas. Especially if they make it a two disk set.

I never realized the hairpins on those courses could plausibly be connected. Now just imagine if they decided to give us both GT1 and GT3 SSR11s, obviously with some environmental modifications to make them fit each other... which one would you want to be used for the combo track (if there is one)?

Sorry for Necro'ing this thread, but I wanted to know if you can fit Special Stage Route 7

37209_454429039791_583659791_5033416_623497_a.jpg

Into the great Special Stage City?

ssr16std.png

I thought maybe it could go down the middle, where the two u turns meet, but this is pure speculation

P.S. I'm really shocking at photoshop, so I can't do this at all

P.P.S. Since we have this thread in the first place there seemed no need to make a new one.

While we are at it we should include the track from the Toyota Pod race because it looks like part of the clubman family.
👍👍👍

I love SSR7 already. It brings a nice Wangan Midnight-esque touch to the game, without the crap J-pop.

:(:( -> This is how I've been feeling since GT2.

I seriously cannot comprehend why SSR11 gets so much hate from PD. It's like their own mini-Nurburgring at night. Instead we get a lot of crappy city tracks over the years. They're good, but should never have replaced R11.

Sigh. Guess I'd have to wait for the next installment. Again.

Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc. had this to say:

our objective with Gran Turismo 5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts. I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed.

You feeling this statement guys... :ouch:

I'm gonna take a wild guess here... and really throw one out there... YOUR NOT ARE YOU .!!!!!

Last edited:
-> I would say that, our last hope as of the moment would be thru DLC. If KY's rule of no DLC still stands, I don't know what to say...but Forza won on the track and car selection this round.

-> PD needs to hire a automotive and race circuit consultant (or group) to prevent a disaster like whats happening right now...

I think your hope's are gone m8.. Sorry to say I think R11 is destined for the history books.

Im gutted too, R11 with the tunnel chicane was just awsome..

Ahh well

Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc. had this to say:

our objective with Gran Turismo 5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts. I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed.

You feeling this statement guys... :ouch:

I'm gonna take a wild guess here... and really throw one out there... YOUR NOT ARE YOU .!!!!!

Go start up your own game development studio then. Can't wait for you to come up with a way to please every single Gran Turismo fan at once. That is going to be the most expensive video game in history, but I wish you the best of luck.

Go start up your own game development studio then. Can't wait for you to come up with a way to please every single Gran Turismo fan at once. That is going to be the most expensive video game in history, but I wish you the best of luck.

Would If I had the cash... sadly I don't..

Oh.. and its actually not so hard to please the majority of people..

All you have to do is listen to them

" Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts "... YEAH RIGHT... he's really been listening over the last I don't know how long... FANS have been screaming for the return of R11 for years

It was my only hope for GT5; not for 3D Trees, or 1000+ cars, or for in-depth damage modeling for the Premium cars. But for the return of the track that really made GT1 a lot of fun for me, that track being SSR11. If it was in, I would get GT5 as soon as I can. But, since SSR11 isn't in the full game from the start, I can wait (I must be insane). I still have hope for the fabled track (in it's GT1 varation) to return in some way.

Would If I had the cash... sadly I don't..

Oh.. and its actually not so hard to please the majority of people..

All you have to do is listen to them

" Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts "... YEAH RIGHT... he's really been listening over the last I don't know how long... FANS have been screaming for the return of R11 for years

Money doesn't get you the best games out there............

Also, if you listen to all the fans, you'd be developing a game for 20 years. It's impossible to please everyone. Look at all the whiners here that can't be happy with what is coming. It's not the best, but they are just furious over the developments and visuals that we are about to get. I think it's amazing what we are getting. Not many studios could pull this off.

So instead of R11, PD brought up that stupid R7. I've heard from my friends that its a punters central or a drag racing pit. 👎:indiff::grumpy:

So instead of R11, PD brought up that stupid R7. I've heard from my friends that its a punters central or a drag racing pit. 👎:indiff::grumpy:

SSR7 was supposed to be a high speed test track to suit those who want to test their cars top speeds and to suit those interested in drag racing. Not a replacement for SSR11. Punters aren't PD's fault either.

I seen a comment about ssr 5 and ssr7 being connected in some way... I just pulled out gt3 on the ps2 and the ONLY similarity between the two is that they both lead to "new river city" on the A 126... Both actually are identially 1.8 km away from each other, so i find that wierd... But i searched around both tracks forwards and backwards and looked at every overhead billboard and nothing said that a green billboard would lead to each other in x amount of km's... And i raced an x1 around ssr7 on gt5 and it had NO overhead billboards leading to anything what so ever... The thought of ssr5 and ssr11 being inter-connected by the highway of ssr7 is very unlikely... But it would be amazing...ly LONG !!

And i apologize for giving life to a topic that has potentially already been said and done but i just had to give this info... After i was done i was looking for the ps button in the middle of a ps2 controller.... Hahaha and thats not even the worst... I reset the ps2... Went to the menu screen and hit triangle expecting to see the xmb menu screen (what does that even abbreviate for anyway?) just so i can "eject the disc" hahah man u know you've played your ps3 too much when....

Yeah i'm relatively new to PS3-ness and that X just makes me think of that other console :)

On the subject of conjoined Special Stages (there is another thread with theoretical maps and such, I will look for) I wonder if those who glitched SSR7 until it was patched, and reported additional exit ramps and suchlike when they left the established track could add anything....

I think they should junk R7 entirely.. put the test course back in.. and bring back R11, i cant believe i actually miss that course

Special Stage Route 5 and 7 are connected. Look at this.

200eon.jpg

That's very interesting considering the fact that that highway never appeared in the tunnel of SSR5 in any GT until now. Could mean we're getting a new track with SSR5 and SSR7 connected.

Not going to get my hopes up though.

Back