Is Special Stage Route 11 in GT5?

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 374 comments
Canada
Toronto
nx45g2.jpg

I was looking at the standard model car video from youtube and I noticed this chicane.

It looks a lot like the one from SSR11. The trees with yellow lights, the office buildings in the background and the road is not tilled like the George V track. Take a look at the video and compare it to footage from older gt games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8v7hjaSr6c

I only made this post because I saw no mention of SSR11 in the confirmed thread.

What does the GTplanet community think of this? 💡

*Been posted ages ago mate.

Yeah it does look like SSR11 because I've seen those trees in GT3's version of it.

I know its been mentioned before I probably didnt search the forum correctly since there are so many abbreviations for the name of the track. This is the first time I have seen any official footage that showed a track with the same features as SSR11.

I guess they dont confirm things there (the confirmed thread) till they see an actual map on some game play footage.

nx45g2.jpg

I was looking at the standard model car video from youtube and I noticed this chicane.

It looks a lot like the one from SSR11. The trees with yellow lights, the office buildings in the background and the road is not tilled like the George V track. Take a look at the video and compare it to footage from older gt games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8v7hjaSr6c

I only made this post because I saw no mention of SSR11 in the confirmed thread.

What does the GTplanet community think of this? 💡

941103_20100616_screen091.jpg

*update: I've looked closely and its not Madrid track. Sorry guys if I didn't made your day.

Last edited:
No it isnt!

The markings on the road are different and the buildings/trees are the wrong shape. There are also no hedges/shrubs around the sides of the track. The markings on the curbs are yellow and red in one picture and white and red in the one I posted. SSR11 was always a night course so I am guessing that they decided to show it the way it has always been.

Last edited:
It's obviously not the Madrid track, as there are several things that don't correspond. The easiest is probably the fact that the rubmle strip is red and white in the first and red and yellow in the other. Then there's the hedge in the first pic that isn't there in the second, the buildings in the background are different and the trees are of a completely different type.

It'd really be nice if you do some proper looking before posting such a claim.

I dunno. While I would love it if it was SSR11, I'm just not sure that it actually is.
On the one hand, the second bit of the video (that starts at 1:18) with the parking garage along side looks almost exactly like the parking garage along the side of the main straight in the GT3 rendition (seen in this video at 2:18).

On the other hand:
nx45g2.jpg

There literally isn't a single spot on the entire track in the GT3 rendition similar to the above photo.

On the other other hand, it also can't be SSR5, either. You know what, it actually could be.

Last edited:
There literally isn't a single spot on the entire track in the GT3 rendition similar to the above photo.

On the other other hand, it also can't be SSR5, either.

Yup, that's what I though as well. I've looked at some older footage of SS11 and I can't find a location like that. The spot I though it would be was the chicane on the straight after the 2 hairpins, but that chicane is much narrower than this. You could basically cut it in a straight line, that's obviously not possible here.

Here's the speculated track list of that mysterious 'Special Stage Route' track.

1. George V
2. Clubman Stage Route 5
3. Special Stage Route 5
4. Special Stage Route 11
5. Madrid

Yup, that's what I though as well. I've looked at some older footage of SS11 and I can't find a location like that. The spot I though it would be was the chicane on the straight after the 2 hairpins, but that chicane is much narrower than this. You could basically cut it in a straight line, that's obviously not possible here.

So what does that mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
The chicane also goes in the opposite direction on SSR11 than it does here.

So what does that mean? Madrid is the only track I know that shows similar chicane patterns to the corresponding image.
I've looked at a couple of videos, and what I'm thinking is that that corner is actually a somewhat thoroughly redesigned version of this one:

84984668.png

Last edited:
So what does that mean? Madrid is the only track I know that shows similar chicane patterns to the corresponding image.

I don't know, it could be a new track. It's definately not Madrid or George V, and while it looks like one of the Special Stage Routes, I really can't pinpoint the location. Maybe they slightly altered one of the older tracks. Who knows. It's been a while since I've played GT4 (let alone older GT's) though, so maybe someone else can link it to another track.

The chicane also goes in the opposite direction on SSR11 than it does here.

I've looked at a couple of videos, and what I'm thinking is that that corner is actually a somewhat thoroughly redesigned version of this one:

38961249.png

That corner is lined by pretty high concrete walls though, I doubt they'd completely change its character.

34skydw.jpg

compared with

ftc8w.jpg

Don't know, I'm confused. The road markings look really similar but the trackside seems to be lacking the barriers and signs of Tokyo.

Last edited:
Guys, I think I was right about this:
nx45g2.jpg

Versus:

Its a redesign, but not that much of one strictly speaking.

This is what I have been thinking the whole time. It's the only corner on SSR5 and 11 that matches it. Plus we've seen SSR5 and we know it's in GT5. You can also see that the rail bends to the right (coming from the direction the cars are coming) before it gets to the chicane, just like that corner does in SSR5.

Back