Is there any chance of having Porsche in GT6 or in any other GT?

• Thread starter mralexf1
  • 93 comments
Yes, and Kaz is probably getting sick of being asked about sound improvements, so by all means, let's drive him up the wall with one more. ;)

Yes, and Kaz is probably getting sick of being asked about sound improvements, so by all means, let's drive him up the wall with one more. ;)
If you had a leaky tap would you stop asking your plumber to fix it after a while? People will keep asking about sounds until something is done about it. That is generally how the world works.

If Kaz will answer 20 questions, that's one thing. But with all the things that would really be opportune and possibly fruitful to ask him, as it might click in regards GT7, I'm sorry, I just can't see the urgency in a question that gets asked every other carping interview. Maybe that's just me, but I see the urgency in getting some significant, sometimes unasked questions when we don't know how many he'll respond to.

Just a thought, guys...

If Kaz will answer 20 questions, that's one thing. But with all the things that would really be opportune and possibly fruitful to ask him, as it might click in regards GT7, I'm sorry, I just can't see the urgency in a question that gets asked every other carping interview. Maybe that's just me, but I see the urgency in getting some significant, sometimes unasked questions when we don't know how many he'll respond to.

Just a thought, guys...

This is precisely why I haven't liked this post yet haha

I would LOVE to see ALL of the LeMans winners from ALL of the years! (And second place, and third place, and fourth place, and..... ;) )

I don't know why PD isn't simply doing the same as Slightly Mad Studios in Project Cars. They're creating an RUF RGT-8 GT3 car (of course it's fictional, but better than nothing).
And I agree with some others here. Normally I don't support all that DLC policy but for a Porsche pack in GT I would make an exception ;)

Was that Porsche sign there before at De La Sarthe???... I dont remember seeing it last year... mmm... what do you guys think?

I noticed it while doing that Toyota Le Mans Hybrid challenge...
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_1.jpg

Don't think so: Porsche is racing in Le Mans again so they're also placing advertisement. This has nothing to do with Gran Turismo! Additionally I think ths ad was there before^^

I made an account just to post about this. I would pay 100 dollars to get a complete Porsche pack, I am talking the Le mans cars of the past, all Generations of the 911, toss in a few turbo models and such, 914, 968, the original boxster for sure! and heck Porsche shares interior so much make em all detailed haha! I will honest to god pay 100 dollars for the full Porsche experience, this is all I really care to drive aside from a few exceptions. Gran turismo is great but drivng the same 4 undetailed cockpit rufs gets old.
My reasoning, I am buying my second one this Friday! I need a legal way to enjoy these cars.

IMG_0293.JPG
20140120_134255_zpsgtgqmwjq.jpg

You'd have to go a way to find a bigger Porsche nut than me...although I see there are some compadres here in this thread!. I too would pay whatever was asked for a PD Porsche pack and as Kaz has commented, the relationship with Porsche is good. If he could put them in GT he would, I'm positive.

As has been said though, EA played this extremely well by getting their suits to walk into Porsche and negotiate a deal. I'm guessing it wasn't a huge money deal, but I bet you it was as slick as it could be. Something along the lines of "Look, you know sports cars like nobody else, and we know video games like nobody else. (cue sales figures PowerPoint presentation). We'll offer you an exclusive deal and promise that your cars will be presented to the public using the best software developers in the industry. Just sign here". We'll only know the details of that deal when it expires....and who knows when that could be?.

Again, as mentioned above I think that the question should be modified to ask if we can have more up to date Ruf models. I like what's there, but the most modern versions are based on a 1999 Boxster and a 2000 996 version of the 911. Ruf have updated those models as Porsche introduced new versions, right the way up to the latest Boxster and 991. I'd be happy with premium versions of those until EA release the handcuffs.

94b9fb8c1cb22ab58230329ef8aebf4f.jpg

463745_10151996100832468_1387044045_o.jpg

Porsche were very stupid to sign this deal, and I believe they extended it again just a few years ago. In NFS nobody cares about specific cars, you change them like gloves and never attach to any particular model since the handling is roughly the same for all cars and NFS doesn't even offer a wide model range for any manufacturer while guys like T10 went out of the way to model 30 Porsches from different eras for FM. This deal doesn't do them any good from any perspective, NFS is a lot less relevant in the video games field than it was 15 years ago and quickly going into irrelevancy, especially now that both SMS and Criterion are no longer at the helm of the franchise. Just imagine how cool it would be to see Porsche Vision GT car in GT6 or race 918 against P1 and LaFerrari in FM5. Instead we are left with nothing, even more so considering there will be no NFS this year.

I wish there going to be some big problems between Ea and Porsche to point where the Contract ends and Ea will never ever be able to use Porsche again and the licence is for anyone not just between one company. then EA goes bankrupt some time after it.

Ok, I noticed this. Now it is a real banner at Le Mans, but it just interests me that there is a Porsche advertisement in GT6.
image.jpg

Now again, I do know that PD does a great job replicating tracks and details. So of course, when replicating Le Sarthe they added the banner for realism. It still interests me though.

Ok, I noticed this. Now it is a real banner at Le Mans, but it just interests me that there is a Porsche advertisement in GT6.
View attachment 231153
Now again, I do know that PD does a great job replicating tracks and details. So of course, when replicating Le Sarthe they added the banner for realism. It still interests me though.

Read what it says on the back of the RUF Yellow Bird, right in between the taillights :)

Not that it means anything when it comes to Porsche in GT6, but it's just nice to see the Porsche brand...

Read what it says on the back of the RUF Yellow Bird, right in between the taillights :)

Not that it means anything when it comes to Porsche in GT6, but it's just nice to see the Porsche brand...
if not porsche some more licensed rufs; detailed, gorgeous and ready to get porsches green envy 'cause handled by a maniacal fanbase. (such as GT's.)

View attachment 231153
Also noticed when fooling 'round in a Veyron. Wonder what it means, cuz PDI could just as easily replace this banner with something else and no one would cry foul...
Then got me thinking: this deal with FIA, whatever it is, could be a reason. Figuratively speaking half of the GT2/3 categories in a FIA-sanctioned race are filled with Porsches so it would make no sense to not have this brand in future GT title.
So, I wonder if anyone can trawl thru' the net to find out if EA's deal with Porsche is ONLY for road cars or not. Since I don't remember seeing Porsche racing cars appearing in any EA games...could this mean EA didn't bother to go for licenses of the racing cars?? Or is it just EA not making/publishing a proper racing game?? If EA doesn't hold the license for Porsche racing cars that don't have a road car equivalent then could this mean PDI can potentially feature classic Porsche enduro racers of yesteryear??
........................A guy can dream, right??

Back