Is there anything I should do in 1.05. before update to 1.06

• Thread starter sagaper
  • 13 comments
Norway
Oslo
sagaper
Is there anything I should do in 1.05 version before I update to 1.06?
I've already missed the black BMW...Which was lost with a ninja update...

Is there anything I should do in 1.05 version before I update to 1.06?
I've already missed the black BMW...Which was lost with a ninja update...
Yes. Backup your save to a thumb drive and copy the save to a pc or tablet or other device. Then again, that's something you should be doing regularly anyway:lol:

Yes. Backup your save to a thumb drive and copy the save to a pc or tablet or other device. Then again, that's something you should be doing regularly anyway:lol:

Standard procedure before updating. And also after a session of gaming...

I've already updated, but its good to know I did'nt miss anything, thanks:)

@ALB123 To backup just copy the save to a USB drive. You will find the save in the PS3 menu.
Make sure that you take a copy of save data, and not of the game data. Save data is approximately 150-200kb, Game data 8Gb or bigger.

There will be no trace on save after you backup it.:P

I believe...

Last edited:
I'm not a gamer... How do I back-up my GT6 game data?
Buy a USB stick...any size will do the file is relatively small.

From the XMB menu go to
>>> Save Data Utility (PS3)
>>> Gran Turismo 6
>>> Hit triangle to bring up the menu
>>> Copy
>>> USB

Then create a folder on a PC or tablet and copy and paste the save file from the USB stick as a secondary back up. Don't delete or overwrite the old ones, save them all because your latest one might be corrupt some day so you'll need an older one.

I do the USB back up pretty much every time I play. I've had my data corrupted on the PS3 twice and the backup saved me both times. Good luck!!

Buy a USB stick...any size will do the file is relatively small.

From the XMB menu go to
>>> Save Data Utility (PS3)
>>> Gran Turismo 6
>>> Hit triangle to bring up the menu
>>> Copy
>>> USB

Then create a folder on a PC or tablet and copy and paste the save file from the USB stick as a secondary back up. Don't delete or overwrite the old ones, save them all because your latest one might be corrupt some day so you'll need an older one.

I do the USB back up pretty much every time I play. I've had my data corrupted on the PS3 twice and the backup saved me both times. Good luck!!
Wow I thought I was bat 🤬 crazy. :lol: I have a GT6 folder that contains dated backups, tune documents, spreadsheet for cars purchased and color chosen, and a transmission calculator. Okay, I'm definitely bat 🤬 crazy. :lol:

Wow I thought I was bat 🤬 crazy. :lol: I have a GT6 folder that contains dated backups, tune documents, spreadsheet for cars purchased and color chosen, and a transmission calculator. Okay, I'm definitely bat 🤬 crazy. :lol:

I have GT files everywhere, even on Google Drive. Have a backup for the backup:dopey:

You're only crazy until your PS3 crashes and you lose your data..then you're a flippin' genius:lol:

But there is a backup created on the PS3 automatically that never fails...
But if the hard drive itself crashes, then that might not save you I guess...

Latest Posts

Back