is there anyway to speed up gt5 apart from the 8gb download

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jujamun
  • 7 comments
  • 3,234 views
Messages
108
Messages
umney100
my game is painfully slow even with the 8gb preload just wondering if there was any other way to speed up the game
 
Some people think swapping a SSD drive in helps.. I'm not so sure though.

The game seems fine to me, I don't know what you are expecting in terms of speed?
 
Some people think swapping a SSD drive in helps.. I'm not so sure though.

The game seems fine to me, I don't know what you are expecting in terms of speed?

sorry for this but whats an ssd drive
 
Some people think swapping a SSD drive in helps.. I'm not so sure though.

The game seems fine to me, I don't know what you are expecting in terms of speed?

Did you not see the video? The speed was incredible. On a regular HDD you can't even scroll the car list in Arcade mode without getting a load of placeholder thumbnails.
 
Solid state drive. No moving parts.

I would imagine it could speed up loading times a bit, but my guess is that it's loading from the blu-ray and not the HDD that's the major bottleneck.

Also SSDs are still rather expensive.
 
If your internet connection isn't the best, disable your PS3's internet connection (Network settings -> Internet Connection -> Disable). Even though it's not 'online' GT5 will still send data to PD's servers, so disabling your internet connection will stop this process. Obviously you will need to re-enable it to trade etc.
 
Back