Is this game worth getting for $40?

  • Thread starter Thread starter disneyland5
  • 113 comments
  • 5,824 views
I have been thinking of getting this game and was wondering is it worth it? How much better is it than GT5?
PS: If I do get this game right now, are there any ways to get lots of money fast? Like millions at the start because I do not want to grind I just want to drive a bunch of nice cars.


I personally like GT6 quite a bit. Its the only game that brought back the euphoria from GT3 GT4 IMO. I hated GT5. Truly enjoying GT6. I was able to pick it up earlier this year for about $29.00 and have no regrets.

b4d39b2962f7e7ac23159684cd651356.jpg
 
Last edited:
I personally like GT6 quite a bit. Its the only game that brought back the euphoria from GT3 GT4 IMO. I hated GT5. Truly enjoying GT6. I was able to pick it up earlier this year for about $29.00 and have no regrets.
Glad someone else is having a really good time with the game *yay!* :cheers:
 
I have been thinking of getting this game and was wondering is it worth it? How much better is it than GT5?

PS: If I do get this game right now, are there any ways to get lots of money fast? Like millions at the start because I do not want to grind I just want to drive a bunch of nice cars.

It depends on what you expect from it and how much money $40 is to you. I'm happy with it, just the Lotus 97T alone is such a blast to drive.

When it comes to racing (rather than free run or time trial) it's not the greatest game, but you can find pretty good lobbies online if you have a good connection. I'm mostly spending my time in track day lobbies and for that purpose it's awesome.
 
Waiting on course maker? Is this a good idea? :scared:

I think so.

If they release it, then he can buy a game with a revolutionary feature that will likely in itself be worth the price of admission, which is probably ~$20 by that point.

If they don't release it, he can save his $20 and spend it on bridges.

If someone didn't own GT5 I'd say it might be worth it. If you have GT5 already, just play that and wait. It's 90% of the GT6 experience for 0% of the price.
 
Yes its worth it, now far more than in December with all the updates. Dont need to wait for the course maker, because meanwhile you can do the rest of the game and grind to buy cars.
 
PS: If I do get this game right now, are there any ways to get lots of money fast? Like millions at the start because I do not want to grind I just want to drive a bunch of nice cars.

Yes its worth it, now far more than in December with all the updates. Dont need to wait for the course maker, because meanwhile you can do the rest of the game and grind to buy cars.
Did you even read the OP?
 
Here are some of the things I like about GT6.

•User interface is fantastic!
•Standards can be brought to photo travel
•Standards can be purchased at any time in the new car dealerships
•No longer have to wait for a standard car to enter the rotation in the used car dealership like in GT5.
•2 cars can be taken to photo travel at the same time
•3d has been added to GT6
•Improved physics
•Many standard cars have had graphical improvements
•Paint chips have been handled much better in GT6
•Mount Panarama (Bathurst)
•Car rewards are more enjoyable
•Wheel selection and wheel purchase interface
•Weather driving
•Night driving
•Rally driving
•Rear spoiler customization
•Online lobby system that allows you to test and tune your cars while waiting for the race to start
•1,200+ cars to pick from
•Moving aero body parts
•A great variety of tracks to pick from
•GT Vision
•Coffee break
•Opening cinematic trailer
•3 layouts of Brands Hatch
•The Goodwood hill-climb
•Silverstone (4 layouts)
•Ascari Race Resort
•The Red Bull Ring (2 layouts)
•willow Springs (2 courses)
•Matterhorn
•GT arena
•return of Apricot Hill
There are a lot more features but these are all I can remember right now.
 
Last edited:
The handling is a lot of fun, however, the game is severely lacking imo. Get as cheap as you can, even picking up a pre-owned copy in very good conditions if possible.


:indiff:
 
Here are some of the things I like about GT6.

•Mount Panarama (Bathurst). I was not able to play this in GT5 because I didn't purchase the dlc

Bathurst was new for GT6, Spa and Kart Space were the DLC for GT5.

But I approve of your list 👍 I'd even add that 3 layouts of Brands Hatch and The Goodwood hill-climb are great additions too. Not so good but also new for 6 is Silverstone (4 layouts), Ascari Race Resort, The Red Bull Ring (2 layouts), Willow Springs (2 courses) - and of course Matterhorn & GT arena, and the return of Apricot Hill.
 
Bathurst was new for GT6, Spa and Kart Space were the DLC for GT5.

But I approve of your list 👍 I'd even add that 3 layouts of Brands Hatch and The Goodwood hill-climb are great additions too. Not so good but also new for 6 is Silverstone (4 layouts), Ascari Race Resort, The Red Bull Ring (2 layouts), Willow Springs (2 courses) - and of course Matterhorn & GT arena, and the return of Apricot Hill.
Thanks for the correction. For some reason I thought Bathurst was in GT5 as dlc but simple mistake.

I also updated the above psot with your suggestions. :cheers:
 
An average GT game is still a pretty good driving game. If you only have a PS3, and no other consoles/gaming PC, you can get some mileage out of it.

I'd say @Imari's advice is good about waiting for the Course Maker, but as it's been seven months and there's still no sign of its imminent release on the horizon, well, you might never get GT6 then :p
 
And extra 100+ premium cars, Red Bull Ring, better UI, a bit better customization, better physics, faster loading times, Matterhorn, Apricot Hill...
I agree with you on that, GT6 has a huge amount of content, which is good 👍
But, to me, most cars feel depressing to drive due to bad sounds :/
Just my opinion.
 
Did you even read the OP?
Nope I didnt read the last part, lol.

Anyway if he only wants to drive "a bunch" of cars he doesnt need to grind, just do the races and beat the game.
 
I say get it now, there's plenty of new cars coming, plenty of glitches are fixed, new tracks and cars including DLC from GT5. Better career in my opinion, etc.
 
For quick money, with 200% login bonus Senna challanges net around 9 million credits.
 
I'd say @Imari's advice is good about waiting for the Course Maker, but as it's been seven months and there's still no sign of its imminent release on the horizon, well, you might never get GT6 then :p
Pretty sure Kaz said in the latest interview that the course maker was coming soon in an update.
 
Nope I didnt read the last part, lol.

Anyway if he only wants to drive "a bunch" of cars he doesnt need to grind, just do the races and beat the game.
Driving for 6 hours against horrible AI to buy one Enzo isn't in any way grinding...lol.
 
Gotta say the graphics, AI and engine sounds kill this game. But the driving and choice of cars are good ok (no Civic Type R FN2??)
 
Pretty sure Kaz said in the latest interview that the course maker was coming soon in an update.
He said its coming, which is what they've said for a year, he didn't say anything about soon. In other words, nothing new.
 
Driving for 6 hours against horrible AI to buy one Enzo isn't in any way grinding...lol.
He can use slower cars, I think thats the point of the game, using similar cars to the AI so its not too easy. Also in the Red Bull events you get a lot of money quickly.
 
Don't know what $40 is in GBP but my brother just got GT6 AE for £25 second hand & the codes worked, so he's a million credits & 20 cars better off.
 
Pretty sure Kaz said in the latest interview that the course maker was coming soon in an update.

That was said seven months ago too. In fact, it went from "might not be in on day one, but soon after" to "it's in beta". That's... Progress?
 
It's worth getting. If your at all familiar with GT you'll already know the highlights & shortcomings of the game because not much has changed over the past few iterations. For me it's the best driving game but if you're looking for a racing game & you don't want do go online you may feel GT6 is a bit lacking in the options department.

If you want to drive cars immediately without grinding then you're sadly out of luck, my niece loves driving games and I bought her a PS3 and a copy of GT6 and she is losing interest rather quickly because all of the cars she wanted to drive were unavailable at the start. She's not old enough to do well in career races so I've been trying to clear out the single player mode to get her cars to drive. It's a royal pain in the rear. :ouch:
 
Gran Turismo is a game that is worth a $60 purchase, a $40 purchase is one of gamings best bargains and a no brainer buy if your a petrol head, gear head, car enthusiasts or just in to cars if you ask me.

Other games you buy at $60 you play for like a couple of weeks and complete the offline and then it's like now what, and if no internet the game is basically over. Gran Turismo is one of those games where if you have an open mind it can be enjoyed for years. There's people that still play GT1-4 today. People still play GT5 over 3 years after release, and most would still be playing if they didn't shut down the servers.

So for $40, GT6 is a great deal and a no regret purchase, it's better than paying $60 for a game and only to play it for a week and then shelf it or trade it in to GS for $5.
 
Last edited:
Back