Is this game worth getting for $40?

  • Thread starter Thread starter disneyland5
  • 113 comments
  • 5,824 views
Do redbull championships, sell redbull prize cars for millions... ;)

Pretty sure Kaz said in the latest interview that the course maker was coming soon in an update.

Nope.

Kaz said no such thing, it was the editors words only, so take from it what you will.

He did say this very recently though;

“…the Beta version [of the Track Maker] is already working and in my hands now. When we can deliver it to users is still up in the air.”

👍
 
Last edited:
That was said seven months ago too. In fact, it went from "might not be in on day one, but soon after" to "it's in beta". That's... Progress?
Nope.

Kaz said no such thing, it was the editors words only, so take from it what you will.

He did say this very recently though;

“…the Beta version [of the Track Maker] is already working and in my hands now. When we can deliver it to users is still up in the air.”

👍

-_-

this is what I read:
"The Course Maker and B-Spec modes, which are still absent from the game, are coming in an imminent update."
From the Eurogamer article on Kaz interview.
What does "imminent" mean then?
 
-_-

this is what I read:
"The Course Maker and B-Spec modes, which are still absent from the game, are coming in an imminent update."
From the Eurogamer article on Kaz interview.
What does "imminent" mean then?

As I said, NOT KAZ' WORDS.

If Kaz said this to them, they would quote it.

They're just assuming, it doesn't seem like it will be imminent from what Kaz actually said.

:)
 
As I said, NOT KAZ' WORDS.

If Kaz said this to them, they would quote it.

They're just assuming, it doesn't seem like it will be imminent from what Kaz actually said.

:)
More like they're lying then... If they assume stuff they should make it clear, not say it to us like its a 100% reliable thing.
 
Well, we've seen a lot of misinformation and mis-translation in the past so it shouldn't be a huge surprise.

Obviously I hope it comes soon or "imminently", it's the feature that excited me the most about GT6.
 
There is no hinting about the timeline. Imminent is like a storm.

You could have a storm in half hour, or a hurricane coming in two weeks. Both are "imminent".


The course maker is imminent.
 
If you want to race in a dedicated online league, yes buy it...if not, dont waste your money
 
If you want to race in a dedicated online league, yes buy it...if not, dont waste your money
I second this, but the OP has stated his interests, but those aren't them.
 
In YOUR case and SPECIFICALLY for you, I think you should wait until the game is on sale for $20, then it would be really worth it for You to buy it...

Dont buy it now... you will regret it... especially when it will go on sale for $20 ;)

Remember... dont buy it now!
This, and for people who are still in doubt of whether to buy GT6 or not; if I was you I would wait to see if PD are going to keep their promises on what they're going to add in the game eventually. Personally I think they should have been in the game from the start, even if it meant delaying the game for a couple of months.
 
Gran Turismo is a game that is worth a $60 purchase, a $40 purchase is one of gamings best bargains and a no brainer buy if your a petrol head, gear head, car enthusiasts or just in to cars if you ask me.

Other games you buy at $60 you play for like a couple of weeks and complete the offline and then it's like now what, and if no internet the game is basically over. Gran Turismo is one of those games where if you have an open mind it can be enjoyed for years. There's people that still play GT1-4 today. People still play GT5 over 3 years after release, and most would still be playing if they didn't shut down the servers.

So for $40, GT6 is a great deal and a no regret purchase, it's better than paying $60 for a game and only to play it for a week and then shelf it or trade it in to GS for $5.
I payed 60 pounds for the anniversary addition, which is about 100 dollars and I have no regrets :)

40 dollars is great 👍
 
I payed 60 pounds for the anniversary addition, which is about 100 dollars and I have no regrets :)

40 dollars is great 👍
For Gran Turismo 5 I preordered the collectors edition for $100 from best buy and got the GT-R GT500 stealth for preordering with them. I got the 5 chrome line cars, apex book, key chain, a toy GT-R, and a certificate of authenticity. When I look back I almost regret preordering and paying $100 for the collectors edition for the chrome lines when they gave them to everyone on GT6 and they gave everyone all of the stealths. I wish they kept those cars exclusive to the people who paid for them. The only thing I guess was exclusive was the key chain and the toy, lol, the apex book was copied and released online.
 
I think it's a nobrainer now that GT5 online servers are shut down. The game is good. The career mode is lame (pretty much the same as GT2) but the driving experience is great.
There isn't a way to make money really fast but I don't mind.
 
I have been thinking of getting this game and was wondering is it worth it? How much better is it than GT5?

PS: If I do get this game right now, are there any ways to get lots of money fast? Like millions at the start because I do not want to grind I just want to drive a bunch of nice cars.
If you want to play an updated GT5, yes.
There aren't many people playing online comparably though, and you'll get to grind for hours and hours and hours just to make headway, a la GT5 before updates.
 
I paid $60 for it.

I wish I had paid less but the credit glitch kind of made up for it. ;)
 
Yep I paid about 80 dollars for the AE on launch. No real gripes except the usual...!
 
If you want to race in a dedicated online league, yes buy it...if not, dont waste your money
Pretty much sums up my feelings. You can find second hand copies for cheaper than 40 bucks though, and for a moment i was doubting a bit when the Senna content came out, but in the end i decided it's not worth it and my money went to Grid Autosport instead :D
 
There isn't a way to make money really fast but I don't mind.
"Red Bull Standard Grinding"

Anyway, if you want this game fully fledged, wait for about one year after the game was launched.
 
$40 for up to 80 hours to finish the game levels, that's only $0.50 per hour, then it's still usable after that. In terms of entertainment cost per hour even $60 was pretty cheap.
 
Buy something else, I thought I would have GT6 by now assuming that at least 50% of the promised and advertised features would've been released.

As it turns out, GT5 might be the last GT game I ever play.
 
There are very few game franchises I got so much out of. Besides GT (including 6) only Tekken series springs to my mind.
Well I paid $60 here for USA Game Stop 15th Anniv. Ed.
Racked up almost 30K Mi/50K Km since Dec 2013 launch.
Divided by Mi/Km or hours its been pretty cheap entertainment I'd say.

Getting GT6 actually saved me a lot of money. It's (still) eating up almost all of my spare "play time", and although every now and then I would like some fresh gameplay ideas, I never bother to pick up any other car game.
 
I have been thinking of getting this game and was wondering is it worth it? How much better is it than GT5?

PS: If I do get this game right now, are there any ways to get lots of money fast? Like millions at the start because I do not want to grind I just want to drive a bunch of nice cars.
$40 is too much, I can get the Anniversary Edition for $20!
And about it being worth it, I got the game in December and still play it at least 1 hour a day, nuff said! I didn't play GT5.
 
Sadly, GT6 is losing it's community and interest... So maybe you should wait for GT7. But then, it still is a great game, and knowing PD's surprise updates, it might become even better! ;)
 
Bought GT6 in december 2013 for 60€ (normal edition)
Today I will reach 500 hours of gameplay.
That results in 0,16€ / hour.
I'd say this game is worth the price... :D
 
This game (GT5, &6) is worth way way more than $40, for many of us. How much is your time worth to you, potentially, that you spend playing Granturismo, while say, not working to earn actual money? of course, some have their money already working for themselves in the background, with investments and such, or ecommerce,

but say you have only a hands on job that requires your presence and focus, away from any leisure.

so after about 5,000 laps (over 600 hours) of the Nurburgring, and maybe another 500~1,000 laps (average off top of my head of 3 minutes per lap- 50 hours) of other tracks combined, and over say another 10~25% time devoted to tuning and experimenting, (about 150 hours)

so, how much is 800 hours worth to me? well enough for THIS game series,

IF I REALLY wanted to, I could have disciplined myself and turned my time of Gran-Turismo away, and convert that to over 25 thousand dollars.

(don't tell that to World of Warcraft players now - they might drop their orange crush from their hands)

so, do I care if this game costs $40? I'd still buy it if it costed $5,000, but that's just me. The leisure time for this game is well worth my time, perhaps more for most here.

so tell me OP, do you care if it's $40, or $35, or 19.99? :)
 
I had a PS3 sitting around collecting dust because I only bought it in 2010 so I could play Skate 3 in my spare time and gain experience so that when I visited my girlfriend I could play Skate 3 with her daughter on her PS3 and know what I'm doing. A friend gave me his DFGT steering wheel for free last fall when he sold his PS3 and Xbox to buy a new XBox One and PS4 and it sat untouched for months because I had no games that could use it.

I bought GT6 on a whim in December 2013 while I waited for a tire change at Town Fair Tire - Game Stop was in the building next door and it has become an enormous part of my life! I spend hours and hours in GT6 every week. I'm hooked. In hindsight, if the game had cost me $500 I'd say it was still worth it because of all the fun I've had and also, I went into GT6 with zero expectations. I just thought the TV commercials looked cool. I had no idea what "features" were supposed to be in this version and even though I now know some things are missing or not working as they should, I am still thrilled beyond belief because I never touched another version of Gran Turismo before this one.

Having said all of that, you have now missed out on 6 months of game play. That's 6 months closer to GT7 coming out on the PS4 (if you're planning on buying a PS4). That's 6 months closer to the end of life for GT6 as I would imagine they will be turning off GT6 servers some day just like they've done with GT5. Still, for only $40 I can't see how you could go wrong.
 
Back