Is this game worth getting for $40?

  • Thread starter Thread starter disneyland5
  • 113 comments
  • 5,824 views
You're assuming people find the offline part of the game entertaining.:lol:
Well, just golded five seasonal events with a variety of cars and tracks, is that considered on or offline? The $40 that just keeps on giving.
 
Well, just golded five seasonal events with a variety of cars and tracks, is that considered on or offline? The $40 that just keeps on giving.
So you won some GT6 Seasonals. Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment. If that's all it takes to make you happy, I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest of the game because clearly it's designed for people like yourself.
 
Well, just golded five seasonal events with a variety of cars and tracks, is that considered on or offline? The $40 that just keeps on giving.
it's online, if you weren't online these wouldn't even show up (update), plus there's the leaderboards, top 10 replays and your friends ghosts... are you new-ish to the game?
I didn't get the end of your post.

So you won some GT6 Seasonals. Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment. If that's all it takes to make you happy, I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest of the game because clearly it's designed for people like yourself.
what's the point of that reply:confused:
 
So you won some GT6 Seasonals. Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment. If that's all it takes to make you happy, I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest of the game because clearly it's designed for people like yourself.
johnny, you're a well known member on GT Planet and in my short time here I've come to respect your opinions and comments and certainly your ability on the track, but do you have to be so insulting to this poor guy?

Of course racing online is the true test and we all aspire to beat real people instead of some dodgy A. I., but Career Mode and Seasonal Events can be great training tools. Frankly, I don't race online often because A) you find mostly jerks in the random rooms and more importantly B) until my skills have improved I don't want to be ruining races for anyone else with my lack of experience.

You make it sound like there shouldn't be anything to this game except an online lobby.
 
While I did thoroughly enjoy the lovely Senna content, GT6 in its current state is still average at best. If you enjoy racing against moving obstacles, a dumbed down career mode and GT4's decade old car list, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, I'd suggest you to wait at least until the course maker is released.
 
Straight short answer to the OP: Yes (unless you don't like driving)
 
I recently purchased both Dirt 3 and NFS Rivals They are great games, but the community and the cars drag me back to GT6 even though I'm beginning think it's inferior.
 
johnny, you're a well known member on GT Planet and in my short time here I've come to respect your opinions and comments and certainly your ability on the track, but do you have to be so insulting to this poor guy?

Of course racing online is the true test and we all aspire to beat real people instead of some dodgy A. I., but Career Mode and Seasonal Events can be great training tools. Frankly, I don't race online often because A) you find mostly jerks in the random rooms and more importantly B) until my skills have improved I don't want to be ruining races for anyone else with my lack of experience.

You make it sound like there shouldn't be anything to this game except an online lobby.
It probably was a little over the top you're right. But you're making a huge and incorrect assumption that I'm saying online is where it's at. Online does usually suck for the reasons you mention, and others, and I'm in no way saying that online is better than offline. You won't find me saying anything like that in this thread or any other.
 
It probably was a little over the top you're right. But you're making a huge and incorrect assumption that I'm saying online is where it's at. Online does usually suck for the reasons you mention, and others, and I'm in no way saying that online is better than offline. You won't find me saying anything like that in this thread or any other.
I apologize for assuming that is what you meant.
 
it's online, if you weren't online these wouldn't even show up (update), plus there's the leaderboards, top 10 replays and your friends ghosts... are you new-ish to the game?
I didn't get the end of your post.


what's the point of that reply:confused:
No, not new but to me the game is fine value for the OP query of $40. Once you complete the available ASpec levels the game provides weekly new races for your entertainment. And the chance to earn free credits which already have an established micro transaction price point. The gift that keeps on giving.
 
It probably was a little over the top you're right. But you're making a huge and incorrect assumption that I'm saying online is where it's at. Online does usually suck for the reasons you mention, and others, and I'm in no way saying that online is better than offline. You won't find me saying anything like that in this thread or any other.
So online sucks and offline sucks, why are you still here?
 
So online sucks and offline sucks, why are you still here?
I have to justify why I'm here, to you?
smiley-laughing001.gif
 
So you won some GT6 Seasonals. Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment. If that's all it takes to make you happy, I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest of the game because clearly it's designed for people like yourself.
That's why we're here isn't it?
 
Well, just golded five seasonal events with a variety of cars and tracks, is that considered on or offline? The $40 that just keeps on giving.
And the chance to earn free credits which already have an established micro transaction price point. The gift that keeps on giving.
I'm waiting for "It's like they're paying you to play!" next.
 
Touché, but 5,000,000 credits is valued at $39.98.
 
Touché, but 5,000,000 credits is valued at $39.98.
It's valued at whatever someone is willing to pay for it, not the sale price. If you aren't willing to pay $39.98 for it, then it's not worth that to you is it? Since credits are also not transferable in game, it's a meaningless conversion. If you're like the vast, vast majority of people that play GT6 and are unwilling to pay for in game credits on principle, the conversion becomes even more meaningless.
 
You'll have to wait for a really good update for GT6 before you can buy it :)
 
If you like driving, then absolutely it is worth it. There are tons of people on here who complain about the AI and offline career races, which I can understand. They are not great parts of the game, but they are not terrible either. Just decent.

The real strong parts of the game are the details in the tracks/cars, the sensations of driving, and the online community. If you enjoy driving, you can literally spend hours upon hours just hot-lapping tracks and enjoying it. This is further enhanced if you can find a good group of people to run with online.

I think this is a relatively fair analysis of GT6, in my opinion at least. In short, I would highly recommend the game. I've put a lot of hours into the game and there are more features and updates constantly coming.
 
Well worth it, particularly if you have a wheel and pedal set.
 
Last edited:
In my opinion, the answer to the OP is dependable.

Do you have only $40 to spend?

Do you only want to buy one racing/driving game?

If you have a good few dollars to spend then I would say that GT6 is well worth your $40.

If you can only afford to buy one game and it's your last $40 then I would say that you need to seriously define what you want from a racing/driving game.

Will you play online only, offline only or both?

My advice would be to look at a few YouTube videos of a GT6 single player race and then a Grid Autosport single player race...which looks more like what you are after in a racing game?

Do you want a good few race cars, a couple of quirky cars and a huge amount of normal road cars to go cruising in, and take photos of them all? GT6 is your game.

Do you want pure race cars, an organised competitive Motorsport championship (touring, open wheel, drifting, endurance) and a livery editor? Grid Autosport is for you.

In a perfect world, you could buy both games and enjoy what both have to offer, I don't know your personal circumstances but if your money and playtime are limited then I would do some research and then decide which game is best for you.

GT6: A very decent driving game/sim. Lots of cars. Driving, cruising, photos. Great online racing. Very basic AI. A group of single races (start at the back every time and try to overtake from a rolling start) with no career.

Grid Autosport: A fantastic racing game/sim. Pure racing cars of all types. Racing. Great online racing with online racing teams for you to join or create and competition in RaceNet. Very challenging AI, different levels of difficulty.
Five different Motorsport class careers, practice, qualifying and race. Grid starts except for endurance races.

Whichever you decide, hope you enjoy hours behind the virtual wheel!

Good luck!
 
Last edited:
If you didn't like GT5, don't buy GT6.

I did like GT5 for the most part, so I have found GT6 to be an improvement on that. I do wish I'd waited a couple of months for the price to drop a bit though, and for a few of the updates to be released.
 
Back