Is this the worst first release of a game in the history of racing games?PS4 

• Thread starter Old N Slow
  • 150 comments
Well, no bug is really acceptable that's for sure. :lol:

What platform are you on and what exactly is the collision bug? I don't remember Shift all that well at this point and I can't remember anything like it during the later development builds.

Hopefully he's referring to the one where if your front bumper touches the rear bumper of another car, neither car can drive any direction but in a straight line, until they no longer touch each other. It's annoying as hell, but just 1 more reason to avoid contact. But if it's still there when oval-racing is released... then they might as well not release oval racing at all.

I don't have the game and your post has nothing to do with what I said at all.

I said you are completely right? How am I wrong?

Even if you do not have the game yet what is wrong with : Go back to GT6/GT5/AC/{Insert name of you last favourite game here}.

If you have a perfect Car Racing Sim that I can move to tomorrow please tell me.

I said you are completely right? How am I wrong?

Even if you do not have the game yet what is wrong with : Go back to GT6/GT5/AC/{Insert name of you last favourite game here}.

If you have a perfect Car Racing Sim that I can move to tomorrow please tell me.

How is go back to playing your perfect sim a reply to my point stating that this gen's games have a lot of bugs?

also not sure what part of my post merited a sarcastic response really.

It was the one where if you make contact with the AI the car catapults itself and flies in the air. Still haven't got the game yet (waiting for Finals to be done and my T300 to be delivered sadly :( )

Oh, that. I remember that during early builds but I haven't seen it since. If it's still present then it's probably something that would have to be recreated.

Hopefully he's referring to the one where if your front bumper touches the rear bumper of another car, neither car can drive any direction but in a straight line, until they no longer touch each other. It's annoying as hell, but just 1 more reason to avoid contact. But if it's still there when oval-racing is released... then they might as well not release oval racing at all.

I doubt this is a problem anymore either, but if they are still problems then I would encourage the both of you or anyone else to capture footage and report them.

How is go back to playing your perfect sim a reply to my point stating that this gen's games have a lot of bugs?

also not sure what part of my post merited a sarcastic response really.

Quote: "I said you are completely right? How am I wrong?"

Where is my sarcasm? I asked a valid question. You pointed out that P Cars has bugs. I know this, because I have reported bugs here and elsewhere. I pointed out other games have bugs. My question was :

"If you have a perfect Car Racing Sim that I can move to tomorrow please tell me."

Where was my sarcasm?

Quote: "I said you are completely right? How am I wrong?"

Where is my sarcasm? I asked a valid question. You pointed out that P Cars has bugs. I know this, because I have reported bugs here and elsewhere. I pointed out other games have bugs. My question was :

"If you have a perfect Car Racing Sim that I can move to tomorrow please tell me."

Where was my sarcasm?

There it is. You aren't really expecting an answer there are you?

Unbelievable, moans about a bug, but hasn't even got the game !
All I can say is WOW.

I thought this was the internet where you share opinions

maxresdefault.jpg

To be honest I'm confused about this post, but I haven't read the whole thing.

On ps4 usa the only issue I've had with the release is the developers refusing to officially answer one basic question about usa psn digital edition.

Besides that the game works as advertised on my console. I love it.

I thought this was the internet where you share opinions
To be fair though, your opinion isn't really about the game, it's about your opinion of the feedback that others are giving about the game and their experiences with it. Can you imagine the vitriol that would take place for example, if I made a similar post about GT7, assuming it has some major issues at launch, without ever buying the game?:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

To be fair though, your opinion isn't really about the game, it's about your opinion of the feedback that others are giving about the game and their experiences with it. Can you imagine the vitriol that would take place for example, if I made a similar post about GT7, assuming it has some major issues at launch, without ever buying the game?:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

You're entitled too in my opinion, a game being not broke until you buy it is some quantum mechanics level stuff :lol:

Edit: and yes I apologize for the thread derailment :D

You're entitled too in my opinion, a game being not broke until you buy it is some quantum mechanics level stuff :lol:

Edit: and yes I apologize for the thread derailment :D
But you can't really get a true perspective on things unless you are playing the game. Dozens of people out of hundreds of thousands, all reporting similar bugs is one thing, and can make the game look like a total mess. Playing a game and enjoying the heck out of it as most people seem to be, then experiencing a bug of some kind, is something different altogether.

I doubt this is a problem anymore either, but if they are still problems then I would encourage the both of you or anyone else to capture footage and report them.

As an American on PS4, I just got the game yesterday and it was still very apparent to me in the few races I've done. Since then, my time has been spent running laps by myself trying to get a feel for the game, and tuning. I'm more than willing to give SMS a fair amount of time to correct issues though. Many will complain, but I'll always prefer an earlier release of a bugged game, then another delay.

It's fairly simple really.
You have to wait X weeks for the bugs to be fixed.
You can either wait with zero access to the game (delay)
or you can wait with limited access to the game (bugs)

I'll take the limited access and find a way to play around the bugs.
Those who disagree can simply leave the disc in the box until the bugs are fixed and pretend the game just hasn't been released yet. :P
Have fun with that!

But you can't really get a true perspective on things unless you are playing the game. Dozens of people out of hundreds of thousands, all reporting similar bugs is one thing, and can make the game look like a total mess. Playing a game and enjoying the heck out of it as most people seem to be, then experiencing a bug of some kind, is something different altogether.
Agree.. TDU2 was, to me, the best in the fun-factor...I play full off-line, without bugs, hours and hours of cruise, hours modelling my female avatar...[playing GT5 at the same time]...and the most crazy experience of racing: "The King of Hawai"...about 50 minutes in my Aston Martin One-77 against the Bugatti Veyron...listening to the radio on the headphone...loud...

Last edited:
:nervous:

Shift2 unleashed is broken mess on PS3. I already tried couple of times but there is a lag and I simply cannot play it.

But I am interested to try Test drive Ferrari racing legends. I do not care if MP is broken as I read even when the game came out no one was playing it or impossible to find a race. Only interested in SP. Gfx, gameplay, controls on PS3 ?

Umm, it's... different, it somehow feels more predictable than Shift 2, the classic F1s are seriously fun to drive but the modern stuff again just feels weird. 70s and older Ferraris oversteer a bit too much but you can still be smooth with them, the only one that just can't help but slide around everything is the 512 BB. Sounds are serviceable and in some cases pretty good and actually unique since you won't hear those samples in any of the Shift games. This one also doesn't have the infamous tranny whine and sound actually changes between views. The career is long and repetitive but definitely not impossible, you'll have to turn the difficulty down in a few of the races and in some others, turn to ''normal'' driving model to disable tyre wear.

It's not as solid as the first shift, not as all over the place as Shift 2 but it's still not quite right. Shame really since it has the best Ferrari collection ever in a Racing game and the car models are not bad. Track models are below average, pretty much reused assets from Shift 1 without the cluster of banners and fantasy track side objects.

I noticed this a bit with the karts, but it happens to me when I drive up the back of them.

I just did a race at road America with 44 stockcars and it was a rough out there, but I didn't notice anything unusual. The cars felt how I would expect. The ai normally wasn't the most cooperative if I wanted to bump draft though

As bad releases goes, Sim City, Driveclub and Battlefield 4 were far worst.

But I'm quite amazed by the fact that 80 thousand people were oblivious to some very serious game breaking issues.

pCARS has a lot of potential. I just hope that it'll get there.

Eventually.

I noticed this a bit with the karts, but it happens to me when I drive up the back of them.

I just did a race at road America with 44 stockcars and it was a rough out there, but I didn't notice anything unusual. The cars felt how I would expect. The ai normally wasn't the most cooperative if I wanted to bump draft though

I actually had it happen in an online race last night, but with 2 cars door to door. Down the main stretch at Dubai, we touched doors, are we're locked together and literally couldn't detached until we bounced off of a wall and it separated us. Were in GT3 cars, and the angle we touched had us both aiming toward the pit lane wall, I was on the left side, cranked my wheel left to to try and get off of his car, but it wasn't happening. We were just stuck together, felt the same way as the bumper to bumper interaction mentioned earlier.

Back