Is your REAL car in Gran Turismo 5?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 1,558 comments
2 of them are, Acura 3.2 CL and Scion XB... Really wishing for my 66 Mustang GT K code in game :(

My first car was a Mitsubishi Galant' 91 hatchback (not a sedan but a 5-door version).
It's the same body as the one on the VR4 Galant '89 that is in the game. I always wanted to buy that car first and start the game with it but unfortunately it's not in the 20k range, more like 30k. :)
Other cars - no, because I won't own a skyline, rx-5, rx-7 or some other jdm in my life.
oh wait...did they have cl600 '98 in gt4? then yes, my second car was a cl600 '97 w140.
the best car i've ever driven to this date. best meaning the most comfortable, quiet, i-would-drive-this-car-for-5kkm-straight-feeling kinda car. :)

My first was a 1981 Holden Commodore, followed by....
1974 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40
1984 Jeep CJ10
1984 Toyota Landcruiser HJ45 Troop Carrier,
1984 Holden WB V8 One Tonner (still own this one - it's quite rare and has basically tripled in value over the last few years)
2002 Mazda Tribute
2005 Holden Rodeo

My first car is the 1999 Honda Accord 2.0 ES, Euro version.

So, no, not in GT-5, but its closest brother is definitely the 2000 Euro-R version.

I drive a Seat Léon 1.4 Sport which, sadly, isn't in the game. The Alfa 147 looks very similar though considering the same Italian dude designed the exterior, good enough for me. :dopey:

Two of my cars are :D :

SeraComparo.jpg

CelicaComparo.jpg

... Celica ST162 and Sera. The Sera in the game is a phase newer than mine, and the Celica in the game is a phase older.

Both are hideous, jaggy standard cars. I'd love the see some premium versions in GT6. 👍

Almost, but not quite... Obviously there's no 'proper' Porsche 996 in GT5, so the RUF RGT is the closest.

XS
Not quite, the game has a '71 Mach 1 Mustang, I have a '73. Same engine, body, interior, but different bumpers, markers, grill and a handful of technical pieces.

Ooh, not quite the same engine though, is it?

1971: 351 cu in (5.8 L) Cleveland V8, 4-barrel Autolite 4300A, Q-Code (w/Ram Air) 305hp in-game

1973:
Stock engine: 302 cu in (4.9 L) Windsor V8, 2-barrel Autolite 2100, F-Code 140 bhp (104 kW; 142 PS) @ 4,000

Upgrade engine: 351 cu in (5.8 L) Cleveland V8, 2-barrel Autolite 2100, H-Code 177 bhp (132 kW; 179 PS) @ 4,000

Top-of-the-line engine: 351 cu in (5.8 L) Cleveland V8, 4-barrel Autolite 4300D, Q-Code 266 bhp (198 kW; 270 PS) @ 5,400

I'm guessing you have the standard option. 140hp isn't quite 307hp.

I wish my beloved 92 D21 Pickup was in the game. It would be much more fun to run the truck races with my Z31 in disguise.

fbccars924
I wish my beloved 92 D21 Pickup was in the game. It would be much more fun to run the truck races with my Z31 in disguise.

Oh yeah! I have an 87 and it's pretty fun. Especially in the rain. At empty intersections.

I should have found this thread earlier.

The '02 Mazda Protege and the '03 Demio Sport are the closest things to my present real-life car, an '03 Protege 5.

The Protege in the game is a 4-door, (mines the 5-door wagon), it has 30 more horsepower from somewhere, has a 4-speed transmission (not 5), and the rev limiter is 7000 vs 6500 on my car.

In an effort to get the '02 as similar to my car as possible, I reduced the power to 130 HP, fitted CH's, added ballast and adjusted the brake bias. Seems pretty close to my car, just seems slow to accelerate compared to real life. Maybe I'm comparing it to other MUCH faster cars in the game.

Next I want to try and tune the Demio and see what happens. It has nimbler handling like my car, but it's way underpowered comparatively, with only 108 HP.

The Protege in the game is a 4-door, (mines the 5-door wagon), it has 30 more horsepower from somewhere, has a 4-speed transmission (not 5), and the rev limiter is 7000 vs 6500 on my car.

In an effort to get the '02 as similar to my car as possible, I reduced the power to 130 HP, fitted CH's, added ballast and adjusted the brake bias. Seems pretty close to my car, just seems slow to accelerate compared to real life. Maybe I'm comparing it to other MUCH faster cars in the game.

On a side note, I installed the fully customizable transmission, but it was basically a waste of 20,000 credits. I thought I would simply copy the real world gear ratios into the game, but unfortunately some of the gears are out of adjustment range. Oh well. So I'm stuck with the awful 4-speed stock transmission.

Also, I worked on the weight based on specs I found on-line, but it's a little confusing narrowing down the actual curb weight, as different sources give different answers. Either way, the GT5 Protégé's weight is higher than both real life weights that I found.

Does anyone add ballast for the driver? I found some threads that discuss curb weight, fuel weight, etc at length, but they don't really come to any sort of conclusion if the posted weights in GT5 include these things.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you can't remove the hubcaps and replace the front bumper of the 1.1l Toyota Yaris with a front bumper that's completely the wrong colour and has signs of a botched respray that washed off the first time it rained, but I suppose that's the car I'm most likely going to be driving when I get my license.

I don't own a car myself but none of my dads cars are on the game.

He has had
-3.2 VW Phaeton

-3.0 Vauxhall Senator (5 of 'em!) closest to it is the Lotus Carlton which is similar but has nearly 200 extra bhp haha

-Peugeot 205 (couldn't tell you the spec)

-2.0 VW Caddy Maxi Life seven seated van thing

I have a 2007 328i... the game has a 2007 M3... which has the same suspension and chassis. Which I tuned downtuned to my specs... 1600 KG instead of 1660 KG and 230 HP instead of 414 or whatever the M3 has.

So technically its not in the game, unless you make it. :P

Nope Its not. A '98 Mustang SVT Cobra was in GT2 which was the same body style but sadly that was the 1st and last time a 94-98 Mustang was in GT. (I gave up on it making a comeback since even the new GT500 or even 03/04 Cobras aren't in too)

I own a 3 2.0 touring sedan, so i purhased the hatchback from the ucd. Have yet to drive it, but i know ill need to change the trans settings... lol mine is a 4spd auto.

My dads Celica is in game. Technically its the 162, but for performance reasons i opted to go for the 165 for its awdness

Mine is not in the game.

It's a Skoda Fabia 1.4 MPI Classic from 2000. With a whopping 69bhp when it was new :P
I don't really mind it not being in the game, as it would just be not much fun to drive on a track. It does only a 150km/h max.

Current real life ride is a 2008 Evo X. Silver GSR. 5 sp manual. Tuned w/ catback. Fun in GT5 and for real. Poor man's GTR.

Older rides: 2003 Honda S2000 Black on black
2002 Subaru WRX Sedan Silver, close enough to the STI Bugeyes
1968 Dodge Charger Bright Green Metallic. Same body style as the 70.

Similar: 2004 Honda Odyssey. Gold. Not the same van as the GT5 model. Current family shuttle.
1980 Chevrolet Corvette. Black w/Oyster interior. There was a 82? in older GT's.
1968 Plymouth Belvedere. Roadrunner look. Bright Blue Metallic. 440. Stupid fast. Sure there's the 70 Superbird but seems like there was a Roadrunner or GTX in older GT's.

Not quite: 1985 Mustang GT. Burgandy/grey. No Foxes in GT.
1972 Pontiac LeMans. 350 V8 AT Gold/white. Restored beauty. Very fast. Former Drag Car. Different body than the 64.

Last edited:
Not an exact match, but the '03 Element in GT is just like my '06 Element, but with gray wheel fenders.

My '08 Civic isn't in the game per se as I don't own the Type R.

But discard the trim & year differences, and both my cars are in GT.

Jerome

Back