Is your REAL car in Gran Turismo 5?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 1,558 comments
Nope, hell the brands of our current cars aren't in the game (Kia & Saab).
I don't mind that my Kia's not in, but the wife's Saab is quite sporty.

I did used to have a slightly newer version of GT5's 1979 Honda Civic, but that's the only car I've ever owned from these games.

Well, I dumped the boring Kia and have a better answer to the thread. I've got a 2006 MX-5 now, which is close enough to the 2007 in the game for me.

I've got my in-game car upgraded pretty much the same with fancy diff, stiffer shocks and sways, exhaust and intake. It drives pretty similarly, but I notice that the throttle response in game is a bit better, and I find it hard to figure out what the back end is doing sometimes. Sound is naturally ways off and it's a shame I can't take the top down in-game.

Everyone's showing off their Corvette's, Imprezas and Type-R Nissans... I've got a 1997 mk I Renault Clio. Just a 1.2, not even the Williams model ;) That isn't in the game. However my previous car, the Ford Ka is in the game :) However my sister crashed it about a year back, so I bought one I'm GT5 to remember it by :(

My dad has a similar car of the same brand and model but still, not the exact one. It is similar to the Pajero Evolution Rally Raid Car '03 but is longer, narrower, has 4-doors and has a small turbodiesel engine.

Nope. A Classic Lincoln (And the Lincoln brand in general mind you) is too insignificant for the Gran Turismo Series.

Silver 2001 Honda Prelude.. not to the exact JDM trim but close enough :-)

daf68e15-3a92-408a-b09a-ddc26ce69109.jpg

Nope. I'm mad to. I have the 2010 Ford Taurus SHO. u know the twin turbo one....

If it was a Nissan it'd be in there!! :D

On topic:

My scion is in game, but not my Acura or mustang :sly: they have the 3.2 Acura which is close but not quite the same.. Same deal with the mustang; 66 GT350 but no '66 GT :(

The closest I can get to my '09 Civic EX-L Coupe is the premium '08 Type R sedan. I could probably get one with the wing removed, and limit it to 140hp, but I still can't make it a coupe, sadly. And the fascia's a little off, anyway.

Not the exact year, but the 92-95 EG Civic hatchback's are all more-or-less what my car was crafted out of into a track-capable car.

(I should link the thread into my signature, hmm...)

Yep,
1st gen celica (mine is an st though)
7th gen celica gts
Subaru legacy sedan(mine is a 2.5 Na)
Nissan 240z
Nissan 370z(nismo)

This reminds me, I've driven a few cars that are *somewhat* close to cars in the game; a '79 Porsche 911SC on many occasions, and a '99 Accord, but they're not quite the same.

I also had a Nissan Cube as a rental once, and have ridden in a Honda Element and a '66 Corvette.

I've also driven a Merc E350 sedan several times, but alas, it's not in the game.

Ford Galaxy '98.. and no I have never seen it in a GT-game, but I would love to see it there. Specially with some modification options to make it as pretty as the real life one.

I have a '99 Volvo S80 T6, closest is the S60 T5. The '02 RS6 Avant is close to my '01 A6 but only in the looks department. :embarrassed:

All 3 of them, actually more of my cars have been in GT games but the current 3 are all in GT5.

My main car, '08 Renault Megane RS, the 2-door one though. A '08 Peugeot 207 RC that my girlfriend drives and the love of my life, a '03 Forda Ka. I love that little car and it gets seriously loud with a straight pipe.

Hi,

I'm from Singapore. All the cars I used to drive are in GT5. There was:
1. 2003 celica ss2
2. 2009 S2k Ap2
3. 2011 E92 M3 Dct

Gt5 gives me a good kick out of driving my old cars. Of the 3, only the e92 m3 remains, no thanks to Singapore's harsh taxation on motor vehicles. :guilty:

Nope, not in GT6 either.

I drive a 2002 Mercedes C240, if they put a C32 or C55 AMG in the game, I would be ecstatic(they all share the W203 platform)

Ihave a Pontiac G5.. the closest to it would be the Cobalt SS. and its not in this game :/ similar engines just that mine is not forced induction. the closest in game is the Sunfire GXP haha 2.0 ecotec

No, my car's not in GT5. I drive a Civic Type R FN2 and the closest I can get to one of those would be either the EP3 or the CR-Z Touring Car

Back