Issue with GT Sport Update

Croatia
Umag, Croatia
Hi everyone,

i have an issue with updating the game. I have 40 GB of free space on my HDD but when i try to update it keeps saying there is no enough free space to download the update.

What should i do?

make up to around 115 GB free. The game (or, the PS4 software) needs the full install space to copy the new files...

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

i have an issue with updating the game. I have 40 GB of free space on my HDD but when i try to update it keeps saying there is no enough free space to download the update.

What should i do?

There was the same question some time ago.
Can't copy the link with my phone. But you need as free space on your HDD the size of the Full Game plus the size of the Update.
Makes 109 GB plus 900 MB. I would say 111 GB.

Hi everyone,

What should i do?
Free up at least another 71GB of space. All PS4 games (with a tiny handful of exceptions, on rare occasions) need enough free space to copy the entire game during an update, because they do.

Also I'd leave it until Tuesday, because otherwise you'll have to do it again after the 1.51 update.

Free up at least another 71GB of space. All PS4 games (with a tiny handful of exceptions, on rare occasions) need enough free space to copy the entire game during an update, because they do.

Also I'd leave it until Tuesday, because otherwise you'll have to do it again after the 1.51 update.
Can you use and external drive to act as swap space during an update?

You also can deinstall the game and reinstall it after update release. You will automatically download the newest version of the whole game. This is lot faster(if you got fast internet) instead of downloading the patch and wait 50min for copying prozess.

Ty for your response.

It's just plain stupid IMO that now i need to delete a game from my HDD just to update GT Sport. I suppose they could've done it differently.

Do you know why they do it like that, because I dont have those kind of issues with any other games i have on my HDD

Ty for your response.

It's just plain stupid IMO that now i need to delete a game from my HDD just to update GT Sport. I suppose they could've done it differently.

Do you know why they do it like that?
It's essentially a way to prevent file fragmentation. Also I guess they never thought games would get so big you could only have one of them on a launch console :lol:

It's essentially a way to prevent file fragmentation. Also I guess they never thought games would get so big you could only have one of them on a launch console :lol:
So, lets say i buy an SSD, copy the OS and GT Sport to the SSD (lets say 250GB so i can use it just for GTS), keep the rest of the games on the HDD and swap the drives on demand. Could that be possible? And i suppose ETA of copying files is shorter on SSD than HDD?

Well, it would be even slower through USB, wouldnt it? My question was, 2 OS on 1 MAC adress, swap internal drives, not extended storage. Would that get me banned?
No, it simply wouldn't work.

Also today's update seems a bit broken. After it was done and game launched I saw no notice of the update in game. So I checked notifications in the PS4 and found this:
20191210_191527.jpg

Yeah right I thought and killed the game. Restarted and this download was gone. Weird stuff.

Back