It's the final countdown!!!!!!!

67-20.jpg

Question...for US guys do we get it on PSN Store this Thursday as well? Or should I stay hard copy? :P
le_mans-1997-06-15-004.jpg

It's all about how do you value the games you buy. Are you one of those old-school people that likes to collect paraphernalia and the memorabilia that goes with it. By this I mean having that physical copy of the game and like a child with a "new toy" like feeling of opening up the parcel from the postman, staring at the case art, reading the back cover features list, ripping open the wrapping, smelling the case, taking out the special access booklet and reading content on cars, racing history and knowledge about the cars. And then the feeling of taking the physical disc out of the case and placing into your beloved PS4 kissing the game before you pop insert it into the PS4.

I'm not sure this is a ritual most people have with their games especially racing games, but i'll guess there are some people out there that will. Those people know who they are, don't conceal it, admit it guys. LOL. Digital copies depend on the internet if you uninstall the game. And what happens if the servers go down and you had no access to your content. This is an extreme and rare example of the cost of ownership. The old saying goes with the Internet "You can't live with it and you can't live without it".

There are always insecurities with your owned content being on another computer somewhere. Having the feeling and security of owning a physical copy can give you a bit more peach of mind. Though most people won't worry and will think they will always have access to the internet and their content will always be there for them. So I say again, it's really your choice and how you value the products and contents you buy. For me owning the physical copy makes me feel better that I know I have spent my hard earned cash on something that is tangible and that I can hold in my hand and value in years to come.

And the feeling of opening and having booklets and stuff to read before playing the game also adds to the enjoyment of the feeling of being a kid opening a present and a new toy. A digital copy of a game can't give you the same smile or feeling of the true ownership in the same way and kind of de-values the game except unless only the game playing itself and game play experience is all you value and everything else is valueless in your eyes. For me Just pressing buy and being straight into the game so fast except for the game playing experience isn't my feeling of enjoyment when buying a new game.

I don't always like jumping straight into games that quick. Especially considering taking time to look at the valued content you get with say a SE or LE game first. I'm sure there are many people who are like me and plenty of people who just want to buy digital bits only and start playing and aren't bothered for anything else. So which camp are you in Sir?

Last edited:
It's all about how do you value the games you buy. Are you one of those old-school people that likes to collect paraphernalia and the memorabilia that goes with it. By this I mean having that physical copy of the game and like a child with a "new toy" like feeling of opening up the parcel from the postman, staring at the case art, reading the back cover features list, ripping open the wrapping, smelling the case, taking out the special access booklet and reading content on cars, racing history and knowledge about the cars. And then the feeling of taking the physical disc out of the case and placing into your beloved PS4 kissing the game before you pop insert it into the PS4.

I'm not sure this is a ritual most people have with their games especially racing games, but i'll guess there are some people out there that will. Those people know who they are, don't conceal it, admit it guys. LOL. Digital copies depend on the internet if you uninstall the game. And what happens if the servers go down and you had no access to your content. This is an extreme and rare example of the cost of ownership. The old saying goes with the Internet "You can't live with it and you can't live without it".

There are always insecurities with your owned content being on another computer somewhere. Having the feeling and security of owning a physical copy can give you a bit more peach of mind. Though most people won't worry and will think they will always have access to the internet and their content will always be there for them. So I say again, it's really your choice and how you value the products and contents you buy. For me owning the physical copy makes me feel better that I know I have spent my hard earned cash on something that is tangible and that I can hold in my hand and value in years to come.

And the feeling of opening and having booklets and stuff to read before playing the game also adds to the enjoyment of the feeling of being a kid opening a present and a new toy. A digital copy of a game can't give you the same smile or feeling of the true ownership in the same way and kind of de-values the game. Just pressing buy and being straight into the game isn't my feeling of enjoyment when buying a new game.
Well is the digital PSN order coming Thursday even if your a US resident? Massive story short? :P

lm9404.jpg

Well is the digital PSN order coming Thursday even if your a US resident? Massive story short? :P

lm9404.jpg

The US gets it on May 12th for both hard copy and Digital as far as I know. Looking at the Project CARS website. I could be wrong about this. Only certain parts of Europe excluding the UK will get it on the 7th May. I would think most parts of the UK will get the Digital copy on the 8th and either 8th or 9th for the folks who pre ordered their hard copies way back. TBH - it might come down to pricing and convenience of quick purchase on the day of release as opposed to maybe waiting a day or too more if you don't get your hard copy soon enough or or on a waiting list of sold out batches. Decisions decisions.

For me I'd rather wait and have a physical copy, metal steel case with behind the scenes booklet on the making of the game among other features and content also including the standard edition game, modified car pack and limited edition car pack. The Digital Editions will include less content and only include standard edition game, the modified car pack, the limited edition car pack only but I'm not sure what the prices will be on the Digital Edition. In the UK the Limited Edition is £59.00 at GAME.

The US gets it on May 12th for both hard copy and Digital as far as I know. Looking at the Porject CARS website. I could be wrong about this. Only certain parts of Europe excluding the UK will get it on the 7th May. I would think most parts of the UK will get the Digital copy on the 8th and either 8th or 9th for the folks who pre ordered their hard copies way back. Tbh it might come down to pricing and convenience of quick purchase on the day of release as opposed to maybe waiting a day or too more if you don't get your hard copy soon enough or or on a waiting list of sold out batches. Decisions. For me I'd rather wait and have a physical copy, metal steel case with behind the scenes booklet on the making of the game among other features and content also including the stadnard edition game, modified car pack and limited edition car pack. The Digital Editions will include less content and only include standard edition game, the modified car pack, the limited edition car pack only but I'm not sure what the prices will be on the Digital Edition. In the UK the Limited Edition is £59.00 at GAME.
Sticking to the hard copy then. :P

Picture of Luigi Fagioli in car #3... an 'Alfa Romeo 158' with 'Alfa Romeo 159 LBC 1.5 L8s' engine and on Pirelli tyres. Racing at the 1st British Grand Prix at Silverstone in 1950.
Sir Stirling Moss did not race in it at the time, but he did watch the grandprix as his hero Juan Manuel Fangio drove in that race in the Alfa Romeo Works team as #1.

fagioli.jpg

The heart of the car...
800px-alfetta_159_engine.jpg

And with this picture... I'm done with this thread. :P (...kidding!)

f0e04f6b81360b1ff21e426a87ff9933.jpg

Back