jacoja06's Gallery - Final Update

• Thread starter JacoJa
  • 143 comments
Thanks again for the comments. Glad my old shots still look decent as well :)

But just to ask, where did you learn how to take those shots and edt them? How long does it take per shot to edit it?
It all depends if I know what I'm aiming for. Pictures such as the barina photo, I knew what I was looking for from the start. The actual editing part of the picture took about half an hour to complete. Some of the more difficult pictures (such as the Formula GT's) take about two hours (because I spent most of my time clicking the 'undo' button to try something else).
I usually learn by looking at other peoples work... not so much copying, but looking at why they are great, or what can be done to improve them. Most photomode pics these days are pretty much flawless anyway :)

ps: what does Jacoja means?
Well, it's a username which was given to me 10 years ago now, when I was in year 3. It was basicly my old school username which contained segments of my name, so any staff (or whatever) could identify who jacoja was. :)

It is a rubbish name though... I know :sly:

those are brilliant shots. i love the impreza pic and the F1 out of all of them, they just look so clean and fresh.

Time for an Update. This was the most time I've spent on any 2.0 style picture. Most of the time was spent re-drawing the power-post reflections, and generally improving the appearence of the car. Hope you all like. Click the preview image to view the full size. 👍

Whoa a truly fabulous shot jacoja, also that Black and Purple really brings the car out, shouting "Evil.”

Jacoja, you can crown yourself with this picture, franz took the words out of my mouth! O_O

Wow, that is one of the best shots i've seen around here!!! Shame it wasn't a bit bigger. Amazing nonetheless 👍!!!

:odd: OMFG :odd:

Could you post the original to see the reflections rework? :). I thought this car was quite ugly, not the best photo base. I guess I've changed my opinion with so absolutely impressive work!

Salu2.alexwrc

lol thanks everyone. 👍
No worries Alex. Geez those reflections were annoying. Heres how the picture looked before the editing:

I recently spotted 440Chargers new WRX photo and was amazed at how it looked so great. Little details such as the small sunlight reflections really made the shape of the car stand out. I tried a couple of these methods (sorry about that) which he used to see how they would turn out on my work. Hope you didn't mind 440 👍

lol, just missed a podcast. :lol:

Still amazed 👍 Now I can see those little sun reflections
You are lucky about the S2000LM because the original headlights look really good so you only have to redraw simple textures.
There are many areas been smoothed out nicely, but I still see some polygonal stuff going on (being picky again :P), anyhow this is one of the latest best work since your F1 shot. 👍

Thanks :) . Oh yes, there was a little issue I had with the "Gran Turismo" vinyl. Whenever I tried to re-tuxture the edges, It always ended up looking completely wrong. I ended up using the smudge tool on some of the edges, so it doesn't have a feral appearence as it did before... just soft on the eye :)

And the "The real driving simulator" stickers... you can forget about them :lol:.

the smudge tool comes through again. 👍 i am still awestruck with the conversion from the original nasty pic to the finished product. its brilliant the color and contrast you brought out of it. the dark-to-light ground contrast and the deep purpleish/bluish hue is super soothing

What could i possibly say that hasnt been said already. How about this:

If you went to that track, with that car, and took that shot in real life. It wouldnt have looked as good as your version. Simply amazing. I want more artwork like this!

BTW, thanks for the new desktop background!

I don't know how to reply to such positive feedback. Just, thanks to everyone!
btw, I do have a larger size of the picture, but unfortunatly the quality isn't what you would call great. Like a tool, I made some pretty heavy changes after I re-sized it to 800x600. :scared:

I must agree wit everyone. This is a fantastic shot. I really would like to know how you got the telephone wire reflections in one smoothing flowing line :D.

The overall work is insane but some "illegal pixels" like windshield and windscreen reflections are perfectly redone. I still can't believe it Jacoja06, I liked to comment it again :)

Salu2.alexwrc

very nice and sharp!! love the color and the reflections on the car! i remember you telling me over msn as you worked on that pic. great work!!

lol thanks everyone. 👍
No worries Alex. Geez those reflections were annoying. Heres how the picture looked before the editing:

I recently spotted 440Chargers new WRX photo and was amazed at how it looked so great. Little details such as the small sunlight reflections really made the shape of the car stand out. I tried a couple of these methods (sorry about that) which he used to see how they would turn out on my work. Hope you didn't mind 440 👍

lol, just missed a podcast. :lol:

I always though this car was a crappy textured bomb but it looks allright actually...BUt you still did an incredible job on it 👍

I cannot believe the difference between the original and the edited verison. It is like night and day.
Superb work jaco, I love how clean it is and the sense of speed from the blur. What I love most is the colour, +rep to you.
Awesome work, hope to see another update soon. 👍

I am glad you are not in the 2.0 Tournament, you would be unstoppable. :D

WOW!!! That picture is amazing I can see why now you havent entered the 2.0 comp cause you would just blow the opposition away! Havent seen many updates from you before but WOW when you do, do them you shock us all.

Wow Jaco!!! That shot is incredible! I can't beleive the amount of work you put into that shot. Really really nice. It looks so incredibly clear. The purple looks really nice, and this might sound weird, but your blacks look good too. But I do have to agree with Franz on the polygonal thing. It really doesn't bother me too much on this shot because it looks so nice, but you can see them on the front chin spoiler, and on the driver (american) side, you can see one where the fender flares out around the tire. It kind of comes to a point. But that's just nit-picking of course. Anyway, excellent job again. One of the best I have seen for sure. And of course I don't mind if you put the sun spots and glares on it. I didn't create that or anything. I may have used that style, but you certainly didn't like copy me or anything. I'm just glad you refered to me in how you got a little bit of an idea on it. Great job Jaco!👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Back