jacoja06's Gallery - Final Update

• Thread starter JacoJa
  • 143 comments
I remember that TVR, has got to be one of your best. The details on the exhaust's tailpipe are so nice! 👍

I think you have achieved a huge improvement on your editing skills and composition style. I am expecting to see another awesome tournament entry from you :)

Every single one of them are truly amazing and it's quite clear the difference between the old and the new ones (less noisy and more crispy).

I have to say though, that both the TVR and the Honda, had already been two of my inspiration. 👍

Thanks a lot, guys. 👍 Awesome to hear that a few of my shots have given you a bit of inspiration, Nick. Now that you’ve mentioned it, I have noticed a change in style over the past couple of years. I didn’t notice until you mentioned the ‘less noisy and more crispy’ thing. :) You actually made me decide to make a last minute change on my round 2 entry. Hopefully for the better!

I’m keen to post my round 2 entry up. I’d say it has more of a ‘mature’ tone compared to what I’ve submitted for the previous two rounds. I’m really looking forward to see what Bram has created.

Just creating a quick update with my Round 2 entry of the photomode Tournament. Theme - 'Forgotten'. As you can see from the original, a bit of a clean up was needed on the car. The colours were also adjusted to stay true to the Falcons real life livery. Link

Original:

Solid work! I bet you spent too much time fixing the livery and non-sense texture. I think you made some very good decisions on how the final picture should present, such as sign removal and sky light thorough trees. Good luck with your final round.

Outstanding job! I like how you have the sky showing through the trees. It's a little thing but it makes it all come together. Nice work!

Great work man, the new shot looks more realistic than the original one. 👍

Fantastic work, jacoja06. The car looks more realistic and all the details add up and make the picture look even better. 👍

Good luck in the final round!

An outright deserved win! 👍

May I suggest something? You know that huge Ford logo on the side? The closest side of it on the door doesn't seem to fully rounded, but if you use the pen tool to create anchors to make a nice rounded selection, that logo will be even better :cheers:

Thanks very much to the five of you! 👍

The aim of the picture was to capture the Falcon bottoming-out, with a load of sparks flying out from the rear... Blurring the sparks, and then making it look all ‘artistic’. Took me far too long to even get a decent angle. In the end, I only managed to capture the two sparks you can see in the image... and there wasn’t much of a point to make them artistic.

But yeah, cleaning the car up was pretty interesting. As much as I love the old Falcon, it’s a terrible car to try and take photos of. I always wanted to do a nice clean-up of it.

Thanks for the suggestion Bram 👍. I didn’t really notice that indent on the Ford logo before. Now that you mentioned it, it looks quite annoying. From the top of my head, I can’t remember the exact tool you are talking about (unless it’s the standard draw tool)... but I’ll check it out when I’m creating my next entry. :cheers:

Hey, all!

It’s time for my very last update on my GT4 gallery. With GT5 less than two weeks away, I wanted to give this thread an actual ending. I also wanted to send a big thankyou to everyone for their comments and criticism over the past 5 years. Everyone who ran the weekly photomode competitions & tournaments, and everyone who gave me massive amounts of inspiration and advice.

Franz, 440charger, Moglet, Slip, NTX, Tangledweb, Bram, TVR, treefingers, Brock, Evo, Slick6, Beerzgood, jgda, Nick, Minolta, Alexwrc, Sejtur etc, etc, etc…. :cheers: to you all.

I don’t post on other peoples galleries too often (I never quite know what to say, other than just “Sweet” or “Awesome”), so sorry about that. But I can assure you all that I was watching over, greatly appreciating all your work.

To finish GT4 off, I’ve got the Cuda from the final round of the final Photomode Tournament, and a picture of my first car (which was also the first car in GT4 I took a picture of, and my first car in real life!).

So long, and thanks for all the fish. 👍

Thank you for all of your inspiration and support over the years, Jacoja! :cheers:

I remember that Cuda, and how blown away I was when you posted it. When I think about it, it's almost funny how much all of us have been editing shots to fix GT4's flaws... and then the new images from GT5's Photomode come out and I think of the countless hours we'll all save! :lol:

Looking back through the gallery, there's so many classic Comp images that I remember looking at in the Hall of Fame over and over again. Every single shot shows not only excellent cleanup and colours, but such an understanding at how to frame every shot to give a specific feeling. The blue Viper for the GT1 theme (still an all-time favourite for me) just wouldn't work as well without that tiny hint of a lead car's bumper, about to be overtaken. Things like that bump your work into the top ranks around here.

Looking forward to seeing you and the ST162 out on the tracks, and your next gallery!

Thanks a lot for being a part of the GT4 Photomode community Jaco! You are amongst those people I always strived to beat, but in reality never came close to match the high-end quality work you deliver.

I am looking forward to see you and the others over here in the GT5 community, perhaps online. I already know we'll all have a blast in GT5 👍

I'll join you guys later, though. GT5 is coming 1 day after my first exam, and I'll wait with my PS3 and GT5 purchase until Christmas :)

Wow jacoja, those photos are truly stunning!...

No wait, ALL of your photos have been truly stunning!

Awesome job jacoja!

Hope to see you on GT5 Jaco :)

And keep bringing more fantastic work, I imagine what you can do in GT5 :)

Thank you all for your kind words. :dopey:
See you guys on the other side. Now would be a good time to plan the new gallery.

@Bram: Poor you for having exams next week. That seriously sucks. 👎

What is your PSN ID you will be using to play GT5, btw?

@Slip: I still think we will see a great deal of editing in GT5, mainly for the Standard cars. But premium cars, I wouldn't know what to do!
Cheers for the comment. I'll catch you online next week.

Back