Jaguar Already Wants to Build Another Vision Gran Turismo Car

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 8, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. MIE1992

MIE1992

I could see that, given that the VGT's name seems to imply that there's another. Like, it's not just the "Jaguar VGT," it's the "Jaguar VGT Coupe," so maybe they're planning a racing version, who knows? Either way, I do hope we eventually get more news on that other Zagato VGT, and hopefully it'll be in Gr.3 or some other group where it can actually race against Ferraris and Lamborghinis as it implies in its flavor text.

Marcobzzcs, sirjim73 and kilesa4568 like this.
  3. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Since they have an i-pace e-pace whatever SUV then it stands to reason that's where they might want to go.

SUVs and EVs being the new hotness.

4. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

...or they could run with the VGT rule of having no rules and think more outside the box. The revealed Jag looks very elegant but the way it handled in the finalist's hands made me not want to drive it. In fact it looked a bit of a dog so probably only good for pictures. In a driving game...

VGT's need to be radical and more forward thinking than their seen it before GT EV Jag. As VGT's are for a driving game, at least make them as good to drive as they are to look at.

MIE1992 likes this.
  5. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

Hey, anything that strengthens the likelihood of more Jags coming to the game.

Marcobzzcs and sirjim73 like this.
  6. eSZee

eSZee

They could build a jet powered prototype and call it S-pace.

7. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Let's hope it isn't included in the game

8. MIE1992

MIE1992

That's true, too - though I'd like to drive this latest VGT for myself instead of judging it based off of footage of someone else driving it. I wonder if we'll get the C-X75 in the series at some point, too? Perhaps one of the functioning prototypes that got produced before production was canned.

9. Razamataz

Razamataz

Now here’s a question, what would folks rather drive? The new Jaguar VGT or the C-X75? For me it’s the latter every day of the week. Absolutely loved that machine to death in Drive Club, such a cool car and what a looker!

matzel and Cytoria like this.
  10. TS050

TS050 Premium

This comment made me lose about 13 brain cells

ProjectF, Marcobzzcs, SSQES and 10 others like this.
  11. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Better use the remaining half wisely then

12. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

I forgot what I was going to say after reading that.:lol:

matzel likes this.
  13. GTV0819

GTV0819

Some people might complain if it's gonna be omitted.

14. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

Hopefully he still has enough to post more than just VGT bad posts, which is a better start than you had honestly

15. TS050

TS050 Premium

It's 13 more than you've got, that's a shame...

OnyxMoneytron likes this.
  16. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

upload_2019-11-9_0-49-24.jpeg

JEverettL, eSZee, Doomotron and 2 others like this.
  17. Auditore

Auditore

So many roasts in here lol
    Back to the thread news...

"And, unfortunately, some of our licensing people kept telling me to get cars in other games, and I couldn’t figure out how to get in Gran Turismo!"

This caught my attention,why avoid gran turismo?

Marcobzzcs, matzel and sirjim73 like this.
  18. Disco_Volante

Disco_Volante

For me it's the VGT. I love the turbine powered version of the C-X75 and it certainly is a beautiful car, but the normal version just doesn't really make me feel anything. I'm not sure why, but all the excitement I get when looking at it at the selection screen of DC or FH4 turns into "meh" as soon as I start driving.

The VGT, however, might be exciting. It could be the most boring car in GTS, too. We don't know yet. The C-X75, though, most certainly won't be the turbine version so it will be boring to me.

Edit: C-X75 not CX-75. I always get it wrong.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  19. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

Shouldn’t the Nike One be considered the beginning of the VGT idea rather than the Citroen?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  20. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

While it was the first wild thing added to a GT game, The GT By Citroen (The first Manufacterer designed car for a GT game) is what really marks the beginning of Vision GT.

ProjectF likes this.
  21. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

That’s exactly what the Nike One was as well, a collaboration between PD, Nike, and the design team to specifically create a car for the game to mark their partnership, complete with the splashy press conference. It sounds like a VGT to me. It just wasn’t a car manufacturer, but it’s no different to Michelin or Tag Heuer creating a VGT nowadays.

Nike was originally supposed to be part of the VGT project with the Nike Two as well.