January DLC

• Thread starter HAL20XX
  • 129 comments
You know the car pass granted entry to three expansion packs, with these rally additions appearing on DLC cars this month, do you think they're giving us a hint towards some sort of rally expansion again? Would be sensible to keep Playground working and getting used to the new hardware?

VXR
You know the car pass granted entry to three expansion packs, with these rally additions appearing on DLC cars this month, do you think they're giving us a hint towards some sort of rally expansion again? Would be sensible to keep Playground working and getting used to the new hardware?

Would enjoy Rally, my dad use to pop in GT3 and 4 and just Time Trial while i was out lol.

Haha I know that, or else I would have had one months ago. Was actually planning to move out next month and had the money saved, but things came up and the date got pushed.

All these pictures are making me sad, especially when I look near my T.V and see my old brick of an Xbox 360.

Foster, I just noticed your Impala is carbon fiber haha.

Carbon fiber with gangsta whitewalls!! Wotta combo :)

Join the party Slip, it gets better, when we get some more "tracks", listening Turn 10? Willow Springs would be an epic photo location in this game.

Oh, I've had my LCE since release, but other more important expenses have ruled out dropping the $500 needed here for a One. I'll join when I can, which probably won't be until late spring / early summer.

Shh, you want to give the fans of that other game even more reasons to get mad at him? :lol:

:lol:

In seriousness, with no announcements to date I'm beginning to be pessimistic about Turn 10 ever providing us with new tracks for this game. :(

I can't remember where it was mentioned, but "expansion packs" being named off separately from car packs leads me to believe some sort of new track content is coming. They can't stay without the 'Ring for two years...

I can't remember where it was mentioned, but "expansion packs" being named off separately from car packs leads me to believe some sort of new track content is coming. They can't stay without the 'Ring for two years...
It was from when the Smartglass app first launched, it showed the 3 expansion packs. Dan's already said the Ring is coming, and there have also been photos of Dover.

It was from when the Smartglass app first launched, it showed the 3 expansion packs. Dan's already said the Ring is coming, and there have also been photos of Dover.
This was all I could find after a quick Google concerning more tracks:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/13/forza-5-developer-not-going-to-port-over-garbage-for-next-gen

Do you know if there have there been any more substantial announcements from T10 that I missed?

[EDIT] Aside from a thread on fm.net about some guy seeing a car/track "super pass" advertised on Smartglass I'm none the wiser. :confused:

Last edited:
Here ya go:

There's an aftermarket bumper for it, as well, but it's nothing special really.
Oh lord this is making the wait so much harder :( Wish the fenders would have brought the wheel out a bit too.

Caterham is a great ride. Tuning it up loses its character though (unfortunate but realistic).

Starting around 528ish A class, by the time you tune it up to around 600 it's easier to drive lol.

I like the fact you can now set laps to 50 offline. However you lose the filter which allowed me to place my own choice of AI rides. Unless I've missed something. I just want a field of Caterhams but can't find a way to achieve this. Bah.

I like the fact you can now set laps to 50 offline. However you lose the filter which allowed me to place my own choice of AI rides. Unless I've missed something. I just want a field of Caterhams but can't find a way to achieve this. Bah.

I've looked for it but it's not there, I'd like to set a whole field of the classic F1 cars or GT2 cars some times.

I don't think you missed anything unfortunately.

I thought you weren't getting an XBone because of the wheel situation Spagetti. Lottery win come in?

Thanks for reply. At least it's an easy fix if they do decide to update it.
Loving it so far though. Physics are great but I love the undulations and bumps added to the track that shows of the physics engine.
I can even use them as another braking point along with visual clues. As a non driving line user it's another great cue.

Seeing Forza 2 evolve to 4 makes me excited for future editions. I would happily accept a modular approach if it was possible just to add on to the base game.

I don't think you missed anything unfortunately.

I thought you weren't getting an XBone because of the wheel situation Spagetti. Lottery win come in?
Funny story but here goes.

My nine year old wrote a letter to Santa asking for an Xbone. He did explain that his dad wanted a PS4.
He told Santa to give either to the best behaved that year.

From then on my PS4 days were numbered lol

Not regretted it one bit though truth be told.

Edit to add I'm working on the wheel situation. May take some time though.

Great to have you on board, I only had to knock over a couple of banks to afford the console myself.
I'm pretty sure your on my friends list aren't you? If not add me Spagetti69.

Ignore my drivatar, he's pissed.

I'm pretty sure your on my friends list aren't you? If not add me Spagetti69.

Ignore my drivatar, he's pissed.

Great, I need more pissed drivatars I stand a chance of beating on easy :)

They soon sober up as you do more races though.

Your nine year old will be happy with his decision once Titanfall comes out.

I've somewhat tamed the Caterham's stock handling by being buttery smooth with the throttle and only flooring it when facing dead straight. It was a real joy around Bathurst last night.

VXR
I've somewhat tamed the Caterham's stock handling by being buttery smooth with the throttle and only flooring it when facing dead straight. It was a real joy around Bathurst last night.
Road Atlanta is a good track for the Caterham. Coming up over the top of the hills, whilst simultaneously trying to slow down and negotiate the corners is great fun for sticking out your tail. Haven't tried the corkscrew yet either though.

Road Atlanta is a good track for the Caterham. Coming up over the top of the hills, whilst simultaneously trying to slow down and negotiate the corners is great fun for sticking out your tail. Haven't tried the corkscrew yet either though.
I bet La Source is a bit of a handful in the R500 as well. Not to mention that bloody Bus Stop... :lol:

Feel a little bit sad for Greenawalt, man was working hard to make his newest baby of the highest quality possible, and the game get's shot down because "there's not enough cars or tracks"...

People just don't appreciate everything being next gen like they should, they don't see the beauty and the effort that has been put in, and b*tch over quantities... 👎

They do look beautiful in that trailer. :drool:

Great selection :bowdown:

Funny story but here goes.

My nine year old wrote a letter to Santa asking for an Xbone. He did explain that his dad wanted a PS4.
He told Santa to give either to the best behaved that year.

From then on my PS4 days were numbered lol

Not regretted it one bit though truth be told.

That is a marvelously heartwarming story, and I'm glad you're enjoying the XBone in spite of the wheel bone.

People just don't appreciate everything being next gen like they should, they don't see the beauty and the effort that has been put in, and b*tch over quantities... 👎

Or at some point, quantity does count over small gains in quality for some people. And that's what FM5 is at it's heart. Small gains in quality of physics and graphics for massive loss of quantity in every other possible way. And honestly, the "quality" is debatable. Haven't I read how many of the supposedly "new" car models have aren't really new. How some even have the same paint glitches that were on the same cars in FM 1,2,3 and 4? And I don't care how good the new physics are on the cars....if I've got to run drag tires on them to post times they're not that good. Which is of course still the case. Dragz and Dubz FTW!!!!

Still loving FM5 more and more every day. Have about 5000 miles driven most of it online. In fact just got achievement for leading 1000 miles of online racing last night. This game is awesome and content is plenty adequate. I'm driver level 246(I think) I still have plenty of cars to buy and I'm really taking my time going through and racing a huge variety of classes and models. That new Maser 61 Birdcage is a blast and so is Caterham!

Looking forward to more content but totally pleased with what I've got!

PS...Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the driving forces and feedback with their TX wheels since the last update or content download? For some reason it seams better than ever these last few days.

Still loving FM5 more and more every day. Have about 5000 miles driven most of it online. In fact just got achievement for leading 1000 miles of online racing last night. This game is awesome and content is plenty adequate. I'm driver level 246(I think) I still have plenty of cars to buy and I'm really taking my time going through and racing a huge variety of classes and models. That new Maser 61 Birdcage is a blast and so is Caterham!

Looking forward to more content but totally pleased with what I've got!

PS...Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the driving forces and feedback with their TX wheels since the last update or content download? For some reason it seams better than ever these last few days.

How good is the TX? If you had any other wheel before it can you do a comparison?

I personally love the wheel! Best setup I've owned. I've used a DFGT, G25, G27, and most recently a Fanatic GT2 with CSPs....I do think the stock pedals while serviceable are cheap and so is stock rim but if you pair it with the GTE rim and T500 pedals(or soon CSPs Thanks to bashers upcoming adapter) then it's an amazing setup! The force feedback and Rumble/feel for the road is awesome.

Last edited:
@HAL20XX, I am in the same boat as you. I played GT6 long enough to get the 15 or 20 cars I really wanted, and then it all just kinda stopped. Some of the GT6 tracks are great, love to see them in Forza 5. I will get back and play some more GT6, but it is now pretty clear to me that Forza 5 is my game of choice.

@HAL20XX, I am in the same boat as you. I played GT6 long enough to get the 15 or 20 cars I really wanted, and then it all just kinda stopped. Some of the GT6 tracks are great, love to see them in Forza 5. I will get back and play some more GT6, but it is now pretty clear to me that Forza 5 is my game of choice.
Yeah, I know I'll be picking GT6 back up, but right now I'm dead set on beating all of Forza's races. There's enough to like about GT6, but most of the issues I had with GT5 are still present so I'm not itching to pull it back up.

After reading some of your thoughts on GT6 I'm glad I waited and decided to just focus on Forza this time. I just couldn't get over them not bringing it to PS4 and it looked to me like many of my gripes with GT5 would still remain. I'm happy with the choice I made. Forza 5 is awesome, and I'm looking forward to Project Cars next year!

Back