January Rockstar Car Pack - Now Available

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 213 comments
So...you can put the Ariel Atom's V8 into both the Radical RXC and...the i8. :dunce:

Well that's one to make an i8 even more powerful... Reduce the kerb weight to the max and you could wind up with one heck of a track beast.

I'm waiting for someone to post up a photo of the barn find. Please? (Don't forget the spoiler tags.)

Screenshot-Original.png
Also, it's indeed a 1800E. Lovely-looking car, and a nice way to minimize the issue that this DLC pack is a bit too much modern car-heavy... It doesn't solve the issue, but it's a nice addition nonetheless.
Also sorry for the blur, but I haven't grasped the basics of Forza photography quite properly yet...​

Last edited:
GetPhoto.ashx

Also, it's indeed a 1800E. Lovely-looking car, and a nice way to minimize the issue that this DLC pack is a bit too much modern car-heavy... It doesn't solve the issue, but it's a nice addition nonetheless.
Also sorry for the blur, but I haven't grasped the basics of Forza photography quite properly yet...
1. Thank you. Very excited to get to this once I get off work.
2. Normally the camera is already focused on the car, but if you get that blur, aim the camera at the car and press the X button. That will put the focus on the car.

Last edited:
Well it's what I said, I haven't grasped how Forza's camera mode works. If need be, I will replace that picture with a better one if I can manage. It takes time to know how to take good photos in these games...

Try experimenting with shutter speed values while focusing the camera on different objects (still and moving). You should quickly notice a pattern. 👍

1. Thank you. Very excited to get to this once I get off work.
2. Normally the camera is already focused on the car, but if you get that blur, aim the camera at the car and press the X button. That will put the focus on the car.

Well there's the problem; no matter how many times I pressed X and/or fiddled with the focus settings, the picture always ended up looking blurry. I had to resort to XBox's own screenshot system to get a good picture, and now my spoiler tag is messed up for some reason... The good thing is that the secret info has remained secret for now, which is good.

Try experimenting with shutter speed values while focusing the camera on different objects (still and moving). You should quickly notice a pattern. 👍
Well there's the problem; no matter how many times I pressed X and/or fiddled with the focus settings, the picture always ended up looking blurry. I had to resort to XBox's own screenshot system to get a good picture, and now my spoiler tag is messed up for some reason... The good thing is that the secret info has remained secret for now, which is good.

Shutter speed will not change anything on a vehicle that is not moving(unless the last picture was of the car moving, than I missed that.) What will make it blurry, is the amount of aperture used, or where you place the focal point. Lower Aperture would give the photo less depth of field, and 0 aperture will have everything in focus, where as high aperture will have a very small focal point.

The X button auto focus's the picture, which would in-turn make the area you pressed X over, the least blurry if you have an aperture setting over 0. The focus slider will just move the focal point forward or backwards.

Shutter speed will not change anything on a vehicle that is not moving(unless the last picture was of the car moving, than I missed that.) What will make it blurry, is the amount of aperture used, or where you place the focal point. Lower Aperture would give the photo less depth of field, and 0 aperture will have everything in focus, where as high aperture will have a very small focal point.

The X button auto focus's the picture, which would in-turn make the area you pressed X over, the least blurry if you have an aperture setting over 0. The focus slider will just move the focal point forward or backwards.

So it seems, when it comes to aperture making a difference in terms of blurriness. I took this picture just now, with an aperture level of 0, and no blur appeared after the picture was taken. Case in point;

GetPhoto.ashx

Perhaps the aperture setting in the Forzavista portion was too high to keep the entire car in focus? I have no idea, but I will find out if that would change anything...

So it seems, when it comes to aperture making a difference in terms of blurriness. I took this picture just now, with an aperture level of 0, and no blur appeared after the picture was taken. Case in point;

Perhaps the aperture setting in the Forzavista portion was too high to keep the entire car in focus? I have no idea, but I will find out if that would change anything...
Yeah, that is likely the case. While in Forzavista, a lower aperture setting could still make the car significantly blurry since you're very close to the vehicle. Distance from the vehicle allows you to play with a higher aperture setting while keeping more of the car in focus, but you wont really be able to get that going unless you're in free roam, as Forzavista only allows so much space between you and the car.

Yeah, that is likely the case. While in Forzavista, a lower aperture setting could still make the car significantly blurry since you're very close to the vehicle. Distance from the vehicle allows you to play with a higher aperture setting while keeping more of the car in focus, but you wont really be able to get that going unless you're in free roam, as Forzavista only allows so much space between you and the car.

So it's best to take close-up shots of the car away from Forzavista mode, would you say?

Also I haven't said this yet, but thanks to those who have given me advice regarding this photo thing. Obviously I am not experienced enough with Forza's photomode to know all its gimmicks, but these tips will certainly come in handy if and when I need to take pictures of other cars as close-ups... 👍

Good point, I was basing my example on pictures taken outside the Autoshow (probably because I always take photos out in the game world). For example, shutter speed will decide the extent to which moving objects in environment are blurred if focus is on a parked car or object, hence my advice for practice.

So it's best to take close-up shots of the car away from Forzavista mode, would you say?

Also I haven't said this yet, but thanks to those who have given me advice regarding this photo thing. Obviously I am not experienced enough with Forza's photomode to know all its gimmicks, but these tips will certainly come in handy if and when I need to take pictures of other cars as close-ups... 👍
Yeah, you can get much better detail in my opinion. Move far from the vehicle, get a good zoom on your focal point, and bump up the aperture, and you can produce much better effects than in ForzaVista. You just have much more freedom, that's why.

Good point, I was basing my example on pictures taken outside the Autoshow (probably because I always take photos out in the game world). For example, shutter speed will decide the extent to which moving objects in environment are blurred if focus is on a parked car or object, hence my advice for practice.
That's a bit close, but they aren't necessarily blurred, but rather in motion. I suppose they kind of are similar, but I try to separate the two to not get them mixed up when describing them(Aperture for blur, shutter speed for motion).

No DLC cars showing. Last Barnfind never showed either (checked both maps).

EDIT: I have the correct patch. Still, DLC cars not showing. Latest Barnfind won't show as I can't even get the International

Last edited:
I wasn't too thrilled about this pack at first, but I found that the Radical is a ton of fun to drive. I quite like the R31 too, it's probably my new favorite Skyline.

I never got the update on PC, I assume this is all PC users?
Yes. They screwed up and instead of releasing the 1.5gig update, they released an unencrypted 56gig developer version of the full game. There is a thread about it and all the future cars that have been revealed because of it.

Okay so thwGTS-R is a great drive,the i8 is a pick up and play car if ever I saw/drove one,far too easy to drive for me but a great car for those just getting started,the rest i'll drive later except for the Bentley as i hate cars like that.

VXR
The Bentley is a great machine. Supremely talented.
I'm of the opinion Jag,Bentley,Maserati etc should stick to sports cars,it's weird seeing them make SUV's,and I also dislike the way the F-Pace handles anyway,but hey that's just me.

VXR
The Bentley is a great machine. Supremely talented.

But is it more talented than the F-Pace? I know the Bentayga has a big engine and a bigger body, but the Jaaaag could fight back with its agility (it's pretty good for a modern big SUV) and the ability to take the F-Type's V8 as an engine swap...

And I guess this proves that the two SUVs added through DLC have become the kings of their class...

Eh, I'm fine with all three producing big crossovers. It arguably suits Bentley, too. In Maserati's case, between the aging GT and the forgettable modern sedans, you could even make a case for the Levante being the best car in its lineup.

The Jag also looks great in the wild: it's one of the best crossover designs since the original Infiniti FX, IMO.

I don't really care that Luxury/Sports car makes produces SUVs/Crossovers as I think it helps with sales. Sales from the F-Pace could help make money towards Jag's next new crazy project such as a successor to the mighty XJ220 if they ever are able to do it for instance. Heck, I wouldn't even go crazy if Jaguar or Bentley decided to make a small crossover or hatchback.

Jaguar used to make state cars, so I really don't see an SUV as out of the realm of possibility for them and Bentley's history of Grand Tourers fits the Bentayga's on-road abilities pretty well.

Would've preferred the R31 had the optional 260kmh speedometer and the optional lightweight BBS wheels. Still love the bastard, though.

Does not appear to be. I restarted my game a few times yesterday & none of the new cars came into my game. I am a little frustrated since I was looking forward to the Rockstar car pack.

Review time! Took me a bit more than usual, but I only managed to take very forgettable and not-pleasing shots yesterday... And besides, I was distracted by this humdrum caused by the PC patch leaks, and a certain car which is a joy to drive at any speed.

-

Hot on the tail of the A70 Supra added last month - which, sadly, wasn't the Group A homologation special - is this R31 Skyline - which is.
The GTS-R may lack the natural charm of the earlier, silhouette-inspired RS Turbo, but makes up for it with its innovative spirit and excellent performance. While Nissan hadn't grown the confidence to reintroduce the famous GT-R badge yet, this glorious turbo machine served to introduce many of the elements which would eventually make its way on the world-famous R32, like an energized RB-series engine and four-wheel HICAS steering. What the GTS-R lacked, however, was a 4wd system - and drift lovers will be able to exploit this fully to send this Seventhsu flying past tight corners.

Before Mad Max, there was Max Rockatansky, a police officer fighting for peace on the mean streets of a dystopian Australia. And before the V8 Interceptor, he drove a car very much like this one.
The XA Falcon GT HO wasn't, perhaps, a car suited for the sensibilities of 1972 Australia - with newspapers and politicians calling it a "bullet on wheels" and asking for a blanket ban on the new-fangled Supercars - but it would fit perfectly in Immortan Joe's caravan of guzzoline-guzzling, flame-spitting post-apocalyptic rides. And when the moral scare passed, Ford was ready with the revised XB, the "last of the V8 Interceptors" and a fitting end to a golden age of Australian automotive insanity.
One thing is certain: this Falcon is a bullet on wheels, outperforming by far its predecessor and soaring high above many cars of its age, some actual supercars included. All the good things about Australian muscle cars apply in spades here: a very predictable and decently precise handling is paired with a loud, aggressive, high-torque high-power engine which will leave you wanting for nothing.

Over the years, Volvo built a well-deserved reputation for ruggedness, practicality and a calm, understated presence which makes theirs very well suited cars for people who want a ride that won't give them any problems as they commute daily from their home to their workplace, maybe stopping halfway through to pick up the kids at soccer practise or do their groceries at the local farmer market.
But like any respectable Swedish person Volvo, too, has a dark, violent side which they rarely show; one made of 242 Evos and 850 Rs. And in recent years, this dark side has awoken again, with the new Polestar sub-brand shoehorning oversized engines and 4wd systems in mid-sized sedans, after their vision of the C30 was met with praise.
It's a bit like IKEA started selling Panzerfausts.
There is not much to say about the V60, if you've already tried the S60 - it performs much in the same way as its sedan sister, offering lightning acceleration and very predictable handling, with just the faintest hint of easily-compensated understeer. It even looks practically identical. But hey - it's a wagon, so it's even better!

That SUVs and crossovers will inherit the world, that much is clear at this point - it is a fate even the staunchest Caterham fan has probably resigned himself to. After the denial - "oh, look at BMW, they think they can sell a luxury offroader to soccer moms!" - and the anger, comes the bargaining. For me, it comes in the form of accepting that some manufacturers - like Jaguar and Alfa Romeo - are trying to break into this lucrative market, while ignoring that some other - like Maserati and Porsche - also stuck their name to an overfurnished jeep.
The Bentayga is, however, the first SUV that I actually like; and that's because it challenges our perceptions of the genre. In the end, how different is this thing from a Continental GT? It looks gorgeous, it still hits 300kph, and accelerates from nought to 100 in 4 seconds. And in a way, I feel like it fits Bentley's mission statement more than any other car in their range - after all, the cars of the "winged B" brand were never supposed to be lightweight, or sporty.
Well, I'm a believer now.

Trophy Trucks are easily some of the funniest cars to drive in Horizon 3; this new toy, equipped with a body styled after that of some generation of Ford pickup, is not any different.
With an added light bar on the roof and some courage, this F-150 will cross any obstacle at any time of the day, while sounding like Thor's alarm clock and spitting fire every time you even think about letting the revs drop. It's a radical machine for the man who dislikes nature with a passion, and really wants to make it very clear by running all over it with a massive set of offroad tires.

Speaking of radical vehicles, here's the Radical RXC Turbo (He he he).
Because of course, Radical couldn't help but make their first fully street-legal car, also their most extreme yet. With looks that rival those of LMP3 racecars and a very turbocharged 3.5L Ford Ecoboost V6, the RXC will melt your brain, either with its linear acceleration, or with its lateral one.
I can't wait to try this insane trackday toy in Forza Motorsport 7 - where I'll be sure to get it around the Nordschleife at least a zillion times - but even in Horizon, where all cars behave a bit like it, it's still good, solid fun for the competitive player who really wants to set a low laptime on that tight tarmac circuit.

The long-awaited and highly-demanded BMW i8 is a car that, in a way, harkens back to a future past. With its predatory stance and futuristic powerplant, its smooth, yet muscular lines and laser headlights, its blue accents and rear flying buttresses, it's the most cyberpunk car money can buy.
The performance won't perhaps leave you filled with awe - it doesn't behave much differently than a BMW M4 does for a faction of its price - but the technological and stylistic daring involved in this car should. And if they don't, maybe the fact that it's a drop-dead-gorgeous sportscar which does as well as a M4 does with a 1.5 litre inline-3 engine under its sculpted hood will.
Just... Please. Don't go around screaming "Kaneda" like a madman when you finally start driving it around.

The P1800 helped build much of the aforementioned Volvo reputation, and is a match made in Heaven between Swedish engineering and Italian styling, courtesy of Frua.
The mechanics come straight from the 120-series Amazon - and the B18 engine is not only incredibly peppy, but it's also good for about 5 million kilometres. Or so it would seem.
I wasn't really expecting to see a new car appear as a Barn Find, and I was expecting the P1800 even less, but as someone who is absolutely in love with vintage Swedish metal, I'm really glad to finally be able to take it for a virtual ride, and I'm really happy with all aspects of the experience it represents. Mine probably already has a thousand kilometres, and I'll probably start looking for another one for cheap on the AH soon!

Last edited:
Back