January's Car Pack

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 95 comments
With every release of DLC and the older FM3 gets the worse it is.If you were planning any replica race cars for the R8 the side panels,Side Skirts window visor and wing cannot be painted. I was excited about the M6 although it was announced at E3 before FM2 lol. Shame about the Holden not being included. Not too happy with the GS Vette being more expensive then a Z06 but what can you do? Well here is looking to the next set of DLC.

i thought you only had those options on the lola after you did a engine swap? but, correcct me if im wrong, these are the only two race cars i can think of that has engine swaps. the lola probably has the engine swap so we could make a modern day 787b fantasy car.

i know the gt2 r3 cars dont have race brakes :confused:

So, let me get this straight. The modelling on the front of the Mustang is off, the carbon-fibre Zonda R isn't finished in carbon-fibre and you can't actually paint the whole of the R8 LMS. Meh, that doesn't really matter when the DLC is fre... oh, wait a minute... it costs money?! Well, T10 won't be getting any money from me this time. Buck up your ideas, please!

im surprised people are surprised you cant paint all of the r8 lms tbh. any car that comes with carbon fiber usually doesnt let you paint on the carbon fiber bits. take the r15 for example. but, im guessing you can paint all of the zonda r?

They just went nuts with the upgrades and inconsistent. The R8 LMS is a true ground up race car like was said before.

[empty space];3715210
yeah, i know ... im just being picky. its just weird imo that it doesnt just have a restrictor to remove.

It doesn't have a restrictor in real life, in GT3 production engines are used, and in the case of the R8 it doesn't need a restrictor.

[empty space];3715139
i know the gt2 r3 cars dont have race brakes :confused:

If you read the description of 'race' brakes in Forza, you'll see that they say they're carbon. GT2 cars are not allowed carbon brakes, but GT1, LMP2 and LMP1 are, hence you can't upgrade the brakes for them.

Um, does anyone else beside me think the GT500 was done poorly?

The front bumper looks like the paint is ready to chip off, and the "GT500" just looks....mreh. :yuck:

I'm referring to the 2010 model.

I also think the handling compaired to the 07 GT500 is garbage. Its an understeer pig that I still cant sort out. :yuck:

It doesn't have a restrictor in real life, in GT3 production engines are used, and in the case of the R8 it doesn't need a restrictor.

If you read the description of 'race' brakes in Forza, you'll see that they say they're carbon. GT2 cars are not allowed carbon brakes, but GT1, LMP2 and LMP1 are, hence you can't upgrade the brakes for them.

Yet in contradiction to this on the R8 LMS you can't upgrade the brakes (not that you should be able to upgrade the race cars anyway its just wrong IMO). Forza just never makes sense. It really does give the impression of a half finished game and I wish they wouldn't keep trying to do this 1 DLC a month as it means the cars are almost never finished properly.

I have the limited edition of Forza 3 so I sometimes get gifted cars from turn 10. I have the hot holidays car pack, and I still have 600 MS points I am not using because I am a playstation gamer and Forza 3 is the only Xbox game I still play (untill halo reach is released).
Should I go ahead and get the car show pack or take the free sample car and wait to see what the next pack offers?

That's a bit obvious.

;)

But it was easy to get rid of that understeer on the 07. I modded up the 2010 GT500 into a S class car and with all that adjustability and Im still stumped. Another issue I didnt notice in the other model was when hard braking to try and get the rear end to step out the 2010 (not locking up the tires). Once my revs get down to around 4k they just drop...like it was put into nuteral (I dont use clutch). I have no idea what adjustment is causing that. When that happens the understeer really plows into corners and with no power to the rear wheels I cant even keep it in the torque curve to correct it. I thought I could dial it in last night....I got close. I can tell there is a pretty fast car somewhere in there. If it keeps up Ill banish it to drag racing duty.

But it was easy to get rid of that understeer on the 07. I modded up the 2010 GT500 into a S class car and with all that adjustability and Im still stumped. Another issue I didnt notice in the other model was when hard braking to try and get the rear end to step out the 2010 (not locking up the tires). Once my revs get down to around 4k they just drop...like it was put into nuteral (I dont use clutch). I have no idea what adjustment is causing that. When that happens the understeer really plows into corners and with no power to the rear wheels I cant even keep it in the torque curve to correct it. I thought I could dial it in last night....I got close.

I honestly cannot understand why you're putting so much time and effort into the car in the first place. Regardless of your tuning efforts, the Mustang is still going to be a pig against most other cars in its class.

Unless...

I can tell there is a pretty fast car somewhere in there. If it keeps up Ill banish it to drag racing duty.

That's the ticket. 👍

;)

The GT500s in game have less grip than real life on the stock tires even when you put the sports tires on it in FM3. But WTF was Ford thinking by adding power and weight to the 2010.

im disappointed, the raptor in s700 tune is barelly a second faster in the hired driver hand in the sebring endurance race than the second place s7 :|

I honestly cannot understand why you're putting so much time and effort into the car in the first place. Regardless of your tuning efforts, the Mustang is still going to be a pig against most other cars in its class.

Unless...

That's the ticket. 👍

;)

I like to trouble shoot I guess. Im really not putting that much time in it. When I get bored of racing the same tracks, Ill mess around with it.

I like to trouble shoot I guess. Im really not putting that much time in it. When I get bored of racing the same tracks, Ill mess around with it.

Well, that I can indeed understand. I spent quite a bit of time with some of the more dodgy Porsche's in the game. I guess I just don't understand the appeal of modern Mustangs.

To each his own...

;)

Can anyone explain the point of the Corvette Grand Sport?

It looks almost exactly the same as the others and it costs more than the Z06 for worse performance. :confused: It's completely and utterly useless!

I was speaking in terms of S197 body style. the Cobra R is the older style.

I don't believe that was in question.

He was merely asking if ANOTHER Mustang, available in Forza 3, is better than the Retro Stangs available in the game. I would say yes.... Which is why I did. :sly:

;)

Back