"Japan's most beautiful car has to be the..."

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 125 comments
  • 9,521 views
Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
a mate of mine just sold his soarer (JZZ30)(1JZ twin turb) because it was a boat and a auto, nice for cruisin but he cant even ome close to keeping up with my mates 180sx and my R33 through the hills, even straight line he couldnt keep up with similar mods. So he sold it and bought a R32 4door GTSt
True, I agree that the soarer is not the fastest of cars, or the best handling, but this thread is about looks only, right?
 
has nobody mentioned the Tommy Kaira zzii? I'm also shocked that only one person mentioned the 3000gt
 
Originally posted by Viper Zero
You guys got it all wrong with your fancy Skylines and Silvias. The 3000GT is the best looking car to ever come out of Japan. Smooth, graceful lines that cover the body, enough to turn anyone's head and glare in amazement. With a 3.0 liter 320HP twin turbo V6 with AWD, what more do you want?


ATTESA-ETS PRO and Super HICAS powered 4WS, an N1 straight 6 engine and less smooth graceful lines, I like the jagged in your face look. Plus here in the US which will turn more heads a GT or a GTR? Own a VR4 and you are cool, own a skyline here and you are GOD.
 
My favorite FWD car:

Honda Accord (aka Acura TSX) Euro-R
top-image.jpg
 
Japan's most beautiful car has to be the NSX.
 
Originally posted by I6-4-eva
Japan's most beautiful car has to be the NSX.

Which one? The 1st version (w/ flip-up headlights)...
000203-E.jpg


...or the 2nd version (w/ fixed headlights)?
000211-E.jpg


Personally, I prefer the looks of the 1st version. Unless if its a Type-R, thats a different story, I'll get the 2nd version. :drool:
 
The Subaru SVX has held up pretty well, actually, considering how way out the design was.

I was a big fan of the Soarer/SC400 for a while, but it hasn't aged well - looks bulbous and swollen now.

I think the '90 Nissan 300ZX has held up pretty well, and the current shape RX-7 is still gorgeous. I've only seen the triple rotor Cosmo a couple of times but it is a pretty thing - it is certainly a clear predecessor to the last RX-7 in terms of styling.
 
Originally posted by skylineGTR_guy
ATTESA-ETS PRO and Super HICAS powered 4WS, an N1 straight 6 engine and less smooth graceful lines, I like the jagged in your face look. Plus here in the US which will turn more heads a GT or a GTR? Own a VR4 and you are cool, own a skyline here and you are GOD.

With some modifications (weight reduction) to the 3000GT, it would be able to kill a God. :)

Some people might mistake the Skyline as for just another car with a wing on it. Same goes with the 3000GT, but the 3000GT actually looks like a 'sports car'. If you knew your imports, of course a Skyline would turn more of those heads than a 3000GT would.

I believe Motor Trend said that the '91 3000GT was a Japanese Ferrari for under $50,000. If anyone wanted to know
 
Originally posted by Viper Zero
With some modifications (weight reduction) to the 3000GT, it would be able to kill a God. :)

So I'll pull out the boost restrictor and my boost doubles for free, you cant beat free :p
 
Originally posted by skylineGTR_guy
So I'll pull out the boost restrictor and my boost doubles for free, you cant beat free :p

what if someone payed you to take out your restrictor, that would be better than free :D

back on topic, im not a real fan of NSX's but the NSX-R looks great
 
I prefer the fixed lights on the NSX, I never liked pop up lights on any car.
 
"...Kill a God?" Don't tell me we got some bad religion going here... Anyhow, I think I've opened this topic to talk about Japanese cars that are beautiful to feast eyes on. And many of us are in agreement that the Toyota 2000GT is the most beautiful car possibly EVER. One of the nicest today is the S15 Silvia, especially the Spec-R Aero. I mentioned that this car is a sports car, but it just doesn't look extrovert about it. In my opinion, you can yap on about a cheap American car with a serious motor (like a Ford Fiesta with a 351), but I think Japan's ultimate sleeper is the Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R Aero. And I think if you apply the right body kits with the right graphics, you have yourself an S15 tuner car or race car. Gran Turismo 3 has the C-West GT300 Silvia. With the two small headlights, I think it's alright. However, it looks a little more racy. My advice? You want a sleeper car with big power and want to stay with Japan and only Japan? Import an S15.

Now, what I been hearing lately is that some people been taking their 240SXes and making conversions. Some of which, I think are pretty nice conversions. One Super Street magazine I had had a Silvia with 425 horses courtesy of Blitz. Nothing real extrovert about it. The car still lived up to its sleeper car look like Britney Spears lives up to being the target for why concerned mothers are worrying about their daughters.

Now on to the Toyota 2000GT. Did you know that car was in the James Bond movie "You Only Live Twice?" I tihnk that's the movie, but I'm not real knowledgable on Bond movies. Anyhow, the car was said to have had the first retractable headlights for a Japanese car. And looking at the aerodynamics, the car is a dream car. You had the two big front lights and the retractables. And looking at the sides of the car, I noted little boxes on them. It almost seems as if it looks like a car ready for racing- just slap on a driver number. It may not have had power like in a European vehicle of its time, but it is elegant. And I take back something I said posts ago. I said the Datsun Zs had styling that can still be used today. Well, the 2000GT has vintage trim, however, it can be used to make more beautiful Toyotas. Later on, Toyota would come up with the TOYOTA 3000GT, which looked more like an MR2 than anything else. More of a flop car. But, the 2000GT has to be the most beautiful car in Japan. You haven't seen this car before? Look online. You might be surprised that a car so beautiful is from Japan and not Europe.
 
Originally posted by JohnBM01
Now on to the Toyota 2000GT

did you know that nissan had a deal going with yamaha and the 2000GT designer to produce the 2000GT as nissan, but nissan pulled out at the last second and yamaha took the design to toyota. due to the lines of the car it was very expensive top produce and toyota lost money on every 2000GT made (roughly 330 of em)

the designer that designed the 2000Gt (i forgot his name), is the same gut that designed the BMW 507 and Datsun 240Z
 
Originally posted by skip0110
WRX and Evo? I like these cars, but beautiful? Maybe aggressive, but not pretty. The 2005 Legacy GT is one fot eh better looking new cars to come out of Japan. Looks kind of like a TL in my eyes, but better because the edges are rounded off. Especially cool in wagon form.

250 hp is pretty good ofr a "family" car. Hope they bring a STi to the US.

Supposedly the wagon has the option of a Tommy Kiara front bumper. A friend showed it to me a while back, it looked pretty slick.
 
As a quick post, I'd like to give credit to VIPERGTS for the "Did You Know?" about the Toyota 2000GT. By the way... Toyota and Nissan getting along... sounds like an attempt to conciliate between Chevy and Ford. Of course, Toyota vs. Nissan are the Ohio State vs. Michigan of Japanese cars.

To be honest with you all, I didn't care much about the Toyota 2000GT. But one time, I seen it and glanced over its looks, and it had me thinking... this car is beautiful. Maybe that's from playing Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, I'm not sure. And of course, you have to be lucky to buy the car in Gran Turismo 2. It costs upwards of 200,000+ Cr. Not only that, you can give it a racing modification. I know because as a Gran Turismo veteran, I bought the car and seen what I could do with the 2000GT. And that was before I kept track with my Memory Cards. The TXR3 version of this car gives you the freedom to mess it up any way you like. But most of the mods for it really begin to take away from the car's beauty. Heck, there's even a dress-up for the retractable lights which makes the car look dopey (of course to me, the dopiest car in the game is the Daihatsu Copen in my view. It's the second most decent Daihatsu, but they just miss the mark. At least they're better than Saturns).

Nonetheless, well, I'm curious. Were Nissan's plans to make the Datsun Zs be based on the 2000GT, maybe? Either way no matter what happened, I like both the Zs and the 2000GT. You know most of Japan's cars of today, but the 2000GT is... well, let me say it like this. The 2000GT is like a beautiful princess, a bride that cannot wait to be married to her loving groom, a long-lost friend that one day reunited with his/her old friend. The 2000GT has some very sweet curves. Only thing curvier and more beautiful would be the Jaguars of the 1960s. But when it comes to Japanese cars, you see a Toyota 2000GT. It is a cloudy day. Sakura falls from the trees nearby. When you get close to it, the sun shines, the skies clear, birds sing, a sweet wind blows north, and when you get into the car and you turn it on, even the falling Sakura petals can't match the power of the marriage of car and driver. A driver married to a Toyota 2000GT. A car as beautiful as a Jaguar XKE, but from Toyota. Unless there was some GT40 of the Japanese automobile that looks dazzling, I'm convinced with the 2000GT.
 
I never learned Haiku. I do know it is one line that's five syllables, the second line is 7 syllables, and the third line is 5. So let me try. After all, I'm only an entertainer...

HAIKU (ATTEMPT) FOR THE TOYOTA 2000GT:

An elegant car;
A princess on wheels for her
beloved, fearless prince.

I don't do haiku, even for a million bucks and to date a JGTC Race Queen around my age (there are a few). I prefer to do things my way because I know what I'm capable of. I think a 17-syllable poem is not enough to describe a car this lovely. And besides, it's damn near impossible to mention the car Toyota. I know I have an issue with shortening what I have to say sometimes, but this is how I do things no matter if you like it or not. We are all human, so likewise, we're all different.

Anyhow, I haven't counted out the Datsun Z cars in terms of beauty. You just have to appreciate the sweet aerodynamics and great styling.

Another car I almost forgot about was a car called the Mazda Lantis. You may remember this car from Gran Turismos 1 and 2 (it had a somewhat ugly looking racing mod), but the car is styled somewhat like a supercar, but not much. I like its styling, and this car is only available in Japan. It is a 4-door car, but it looks like a hatchback in ways. It is another car I'd consider "one of the more lovely cars of the past 20 years. I was going to say "past 10 years," but I think the car was introduced in the early 90s. Had I said "the last 10 years," that would mean cars from 1994 and up.
 
My vote has to go to the toyota soarer/lexus SC300.

If only mine was a different color..........
 
We have a winner. The Tommy kaira ZZII from Gran Turismo 3 is pretty lovely itself. I see it look more like a "360 Modena" killer. It has more power, it's turbocharged, and unlike in GT2, it's 4WD. It means more weight to the car, but nothing too rough on the car. But I still think the Toyota 2000GT is Japan's most beautiful car. And when I was watching the 12hrs of Sebring, I seen Barrett-Jackson clips. Among them was the Jaguar XKE. I compared that to the Toyota 2000GT, and they are both pretty equal in looks and in charm. To say the least, both cars are lovely, but since I opened this chat about beautiful, graceful, dreamy Japanese cars, the 2000GT is the clear-cut winner.
 
Originally posted by skip0110
WRX and Evo? I like these cars, but beautiful? Maybe aggressive, but not pretty. The 2005 Legacy GT is one fot eh better looking new cars to come out of Japan. Looks kind of like a TL in my eyes, but better because the edges are rounded off. Especially cool in wagon form.

They've launched here, and Subaru are selling them as many as they can get their hands on. It's a fantastic looking sedan - Subaru have done a great job.

I have the previous model, which is a quite 'industrial' looking thing - considering the new model is an evolution, styling-wise, Subaru have kicked a pretty big goal with this one.
 
Originally posted by vat_man
I have the previous model, which is a quite 'industrial' looking thing - considering the new model is an evolution, styling-wise, Subaru have kicked a pretty big goal with this one.

Nice, got any pics?
 
If you have a look up the front of the pics of your car thread, and have a bit of a search for threads under my name, you'll find plenty. It's just a blue MY02 RX - it's had more than its fair share of exposure here!
 
aaah, the S15 silvia takes my vote, also, the new legacy that skip posted. that is a beautiful car, in wagon form, its is simply amazing. I want one.

Cano
 
Out of curiousity, why the insistence on the most beautiful Japanese car? Why not simply the "most beautiful" car?
 
Well, if I made it "most beautiful car hs to be...," it would be pretty boring and even one-sided. So I decided to center things around Japan. And also that Japan is one of the biggest auto manufacturers in the world. So I wanted to challenge car fans and restrict selections to Japanese cars. Plus you also get to learn more about cars.
 
A picture's worth a thousand words,
auto2002z350.jpeg

So I just wrote a one thousand word essay one my choice!
 
Originally posted by JohnBM01
Well, if I made it "most beautiful car hs to be...," it would be pretty boring and even one-sided.
More boring and one-sided than restricting it to a single country of manufacture?!
:confused:
 
Back