GZ                            4
Gnsnprwldwsl                  3
Silver-Sylph                  2
Kigo                          1
[/font]

Please Read rules and info here.

-Thanks, Justin

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure if I'm going to keep this one yet, just because I can't tell on the replay how badly I clipped one corner....but in practicing I've turned in a 1:15.668 Not sure how much time I've really got left there, though...maybe a couple tenths, unless I can find a way to get the car to hook up better (had a few rather lurid drifts over the course of the lap).

Gah your beating me by nearly a second. I need a better setup for turn one as i'm terrible at it. And i get no grip at all. I may bypass this round as i hate this track so bad no grip at all.

I got a 1.17.154 in my ASL, I can do better but I either spin off when I put the gas on or my ASL will not turn!

How are you getting such good times?
The best I have done so far is a 1:19.xxx with the Xavani Nismo '03. I keep loosing grip in most corners. Which setting should I change stop the car sliding out? (Sorry, I know almost nothing about tuning)

How are you getting such good times?
The best I have done so far is a 1:19.xxx with the Xavani Nismo '03. I keep loosing grip in most corners. Which setting should I change stop the car sliding out? (Sorry, I know almost nothing about tuning)

I put the Aerodynamics up to improve the cornering but i dont know if this will help.

I'm running the au Cerumo Supra...which is the best handling, yet slowest out of the JGTC GT500 cars (they built it to handle great, but not win races so that they wouldn't get the weight penalties...and even managed to win the championship with no race victories in '01). I have the downforce maxed out too...no other changes (every time I change stuff on it, it flat ruins the car). My biggest problem is grip, esp. coming off of corners...what I wouldn't give for an adjustable Limited Slip Diff on that car....every time I get back in the gas off a slow corner the car wants to go into snap oversteer.

Last edited:
Its definately the track...when I S-ranked it, I was driving a Countach, and that thing had a HELL of a time staying on the track too. Very low grip conditions on the pavement there.

Got the Takata NSX, done a few tt's with it and the xanavi, and it came out on the top, 1.12.5xx
I feel confident on a top 5 finish hopefully not the same disaster as HSR was...

I've got a lot of work to do as well!

I'm currently in the low 1:19 range for the GT300 and the low 1:16's for the GT500. Obviously, I need to do some serious work with my setups and racing line. I think I also need to learn this track a bit more as I rarely ever raced it in the past.

Ah, guess that's one advantage I have then, Detroit...I always liked racing here, and LOVED getting pics on the full course in GT4 (going through the chicane right before the pit entrance, the cars kick up leaves off the track in replays...makes for some really cool pics if you clip the apex curbing just right & get sparks up too). That obnoxious driving challenge going through the carousel corner helped my line here a lot too...I carry about 55-60 through there, and if I can find some grip I bet I could get a bit more speed as well (any faster now, though, and the car either stops turning or spins out...and its a crapshoot which it will be, most often leading to both at once...the front end pretty well stops moving while the rear end makes like a classic 911 running slicks on ice).

One thing: out of ~40 laps, only 10 were below 1:13... it's a very slow and technical track, and it's easy to make mistakes.
More than lap times, this one will be about making 0 mistakes.

Oh, I definately agree there, Broth3r. I know I can get more time out, since it only took me around 10-15 laps to get that 1:15.6xx, so I guess its back to lapping for me.

I seem to get caught out at turn 5 + 6. Most of the track is fine when you know what you are doing.

I actually have the most trouble with turns 1 and 5...especially 1. Both of those corners make the rear end get out of shape on me, and I end up squirming on corner exit if I keep it straight. Just REAL hard to get power down without tweaking the diff....its one of the few times I'd actually WANT traction control :P

EDIT: Ok, I'm trying some practice races after knocking a full half second off my previous time...and the AI is doing everything we're NOT supposed to do (chopping through the grass in the chicanes w/ all 4 off the track, driving in the grass, etc). DAMN...that's just pathetic.

Last edited:
Wow ... this track is really hard to do!

I agree with turns 1 and 5. Both turns will slip out your rear if you apply throttle for even that little bit extra early.

I see more practice is needed ... >< !

Ok, after a few practice race runs...some notes:

1) The AI on S rank cheats BAD. Like I said before...cutting the chicanes (esp on entry to both of em...the first corner of each chicane the AI goes ALL the way off track, and never even touches the rumble strip...that's a good 2 seconds a lap they chop off by cheating), driving in the grass (esp on the exits of 4, 6, 7, and 12), and seriously nasty driving (had to restart 4-5 times because of getting brake checked and slamming into the rear end of an AI car...on the middle of a straight & WAY out of the braking zones). God...makes driving clean hard to do, esp if you get in behind the leader & start following their line to see where you can pick up time...next thing you know you're in the dirt in the leader's tire tracks.

I can't seem to keep my Celica going in a straight line, my best so far is a horrible 1:42.xxx.

I took out a SuperAutoBacs MR-S and ran a 1:23.759 stock.

I currently have a 1'16.257 that took ages to get. Although it might be illegal as i curb hopped one turn in the chicane.

Points standings are up, once the regular season starts they will have more stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back