Joy of Driving Car Reviews and Tuning Garage

• Thread starter Ksquad
  • 64 comments
Car Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
Tuner Little Duckpond Under the Mountain Tuners @Thorin Cain
Tune
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rs-new-seasonal-tunes-available.301902/page-2 post # 59
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 550pp, 483hp, 274ft-lb, 1,160kg, 46:54 weight balance
Synopsis This car eats corners for breakfast, lunch AND dinner and then comes back to ask for a second helping

Impressions
What can I say? It's almost like this car was tuned just for me! It's one of my favourite cars/tunes in the game to date. This car has a very crisp and confidence inspiring turn-in without a hint of understeer in any situation. The front end just grips and grips until finally the car rotates and the back tires ever so gently drift on you in an exceedingly controllable fashion. This is what I would call a "hero car" in that it makes you feel like a driving god because the car is both sharp and forgiving at the same time and allows you to choose a multitude of different racing lines. The excellent engine note is a nice bonus as well!

Notes
For my driving style I detuned the power level of the car to 550pp to make it less tail happy, stuck with stock tires size, switched to Sports Softs and changed the rear toe setting to 0.07 which made the back-end far more stable in high speed sections without sacrificing much turn-in grip of the base tune. I found that for my personal taste at power levels above 483hp the car became too unstable at corner exit which gave me serious problems trying to catch the drift before spinning out.

Car Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
Tuner Little Duckpond Under the Mountain Tuners @Thorin Cain
Tune
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rs-new-seasonal-tunes-available.301902/page-2 post # 59
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 550pp, 483hp, 274ft-lb, 1,160kg, 46:54 weight balance
Synopsis This car eats corners for breakfast, lunch AND dinner and then comes back to ask for a second helping

Impressions
What can I say? It's almost like this car was tuned just for me! It's one of my favourite cars/tunes in the game to date. This car has a very crisp and confidence inspiring turn-in without a hint of understeer in any situation. The front end just grips and grips until finally the car rotates and the back tires ever so gently drift on you in an exceedingly controllable fashion. This is what I would call a "hero car" in that it makes you feel like a driving god because the car is both sharp and forgiving at the same time and allows you to choose a multitude of different racing lines. The excellent engine note is a nice bonus as well!

Notes
For my driving style I detuned the power level of the car to 550pp to make it less tail happy, stuck with stock tires size, switched to Sports Softs and changed the rear toe setting to 0.07 which made the back-end far more stable in high speed sections without sacrificing much turn-in grip of the base tune. I found that for my personal taste at power levels above 483hp the car became too unstable at corner exit which gave me serious problems trying to catch the drift before spinning out.
Hi @Ksquad, Well that's quite a review, thanks dude:cheers:
I have actually changed the rear toe angle on the car in my thread. After you raised the point, I tried it out for myself and it did indeed help stabilise the car in the high speed sections of a few tracks I tested it on with no ill effect on corner entry.
Good call! and Thanks for the input:tup:
Thorin

Hi @Ksquad, Well that's quite a review, thanks dude:cheers:
I have actually changed the rear toe angle on the car in my thread. After you raised the point, I tried it out for myself and it did indeed help stabilise the car in the high speed sections of a few tracks I tested it on with no ill effect on corner entry.
Good call! and Thanks for the input:tup:
Thorin

Always happy to help in any way I can! Keep up the good work, your tunes rock!

Car RUF RGT '00
Tuner PKS Customs @PKS 80
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/pks-customs-new-audi-tts-coupe-09.297264/#post-9213321
post # 6
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 500pp, 342hp, 291ft-lb, 1,152kg, 42:58 weight balance
Synopsis A very rewarding driver's car

Impressions
If this is what Porsches feel like in reality I can see why they have such a cult following! The front end of this car feels light and nimble, like a well-tuned Lotus Elise in that the front end can dart into the corner at almost any speed you like and just grips. Because the front end grips so well as you enter the corner the car begins to rotate nicely and this rotation can be stopped by application of the throttle. Basically the way I found most enjoyable to drive this car is to chuck it into a corner, let it rotate and then just modulate the throttle on corner exit. If the car isn't turning tight enough for your liking just let off the gas a bit, otherwise you can get on the power early to help stop the rotation of the car and explode out of the corner. Highly recommended for cruising the 'ring in hood view with the HUD turned off.

Notes
For my driving style I found the car to be more enjoyable and forgiving when detuned to 500pp on stock sized rims and with Sports Soft tires.

Back