Joy of Driving Car Reviews and Tuning Garage

• Thread starter Ksquad
  • 64 comments
Well to be honest for many of us tuners a posted tune will often represent several days or even weeks of gaming time invested and even then we may not be totally satisfied.

While I might be able to slap something together in only a few minutes that's an improvement over stock/default values, the refining process will take much longer.

I almost always have several cars in various states of tune, some near ready for release to the public and others just very rough test tunes. Variety helps keep things interesting, prevents familiarity with a cars quirks/problems from influencing my decision on publication rediness and keeps me from burning out in frustration when dealing with particularly challenging cars.

Patience and time spent working on the cars will help you improve your tuning skills and make you faster at getting at least a baseline tune setup.:cheers:

If anyone knows any better to make money in this game without having to resort to "hacking" than the Red Bull Venturi car race at Silverstone (cut major corners on track to bring laptimes down to around 1:14-1:18) which nets you 260k (at 200% online bonus) in around 4 minutes I'm all ears!
Try the red bull standard championship second race (trial mountain) you get the same money but any competent driver should be able to finish the 3 laps in or around three minutes without cutting corners. A great quick earner.

Try the red bull standard championship second race (trial mountain) you get the same money but any competent driver should be able to finish the 3 laps in or around three minutes without cutting corners. A great quick earner.

@JimbobMarley65

Thanks for the suggestion! I thought as much as well because the lap times are so much faster but I gave up on that race for grinding because the AI is so terrible and constantly seem to send you into a spin. If you are lucky enough to get ahead of the pack then it's smooth sailing for sure. Do you know any tricks for that track to get ahead of the pack asap?

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to review the tune. The vehicle was test tuned only on panorama, I haven't fine tuned it for different courses. But its always good to hear feedback. Ill work on the car! By the way may I ask what track you tried it out on?

Car Spoon Integra Type R (DC2) '99
Tuner Silver's Togue Shop @DJay Silver
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/峠-silvers-tōge-shop-s-t-s-450pp-550pp-updated-tunes-1-31-14.296047/page-3 post #64
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 474pp, 330hp, 200lb-ft, 1,075kg, 63:37 weight balance

Impressions
My first impression wasn't the best when I encountered understeer on the first slow corner I entered, however that dismay quickly passed when I saw just how early you can jump on the gas out of the corner without issue! The understeer I encountered was far below average for most FF/AWD cars I've tried in the game and even for me, a guy who detests understeer it wasn't too bad and was more than manageable. Other than a bit of initial turn-in understeer this car handles like it's on rails and took everything I could throw at it and begged for more! One problem I encountered though was when I hit a curb on the 'ring a bit too hard doing about 120km/hr and next thing I know I'm airborne doing about 4 complete flips! :scared::boggled::D Lowering all damper settings by 1 took care of that issue for me.

Notes
The changes I made to this tune for my driving preference (not to say the base tune isn't fantastic!) was to change from Sports Hard to Sports Soft tires which irons out even more understeer from the car, to up the power to it's max (because the tune is so well sorted it can handle the extra power) and to drop all damper settings down by one. Damper settings Front: 1/2 Rear: 1/2.

Thanks for taking the time to review the tune. The vehicle was test tuned only on panorama, I haven't fine tuned it for different courses. But its always good to hear feedback. Ill work on the car! By the way may I ask what track you tried it out on?

Tried it out on the Nurburgring because usually I can get a good feel for whether or not I am going to like the tune/car by the time I hit the 2nd checkpoint due to the wide variety of corners. To me if a car can handle well on the 'ring then I know it will easily handle the other tracks. If I like the car there then I usually take the car to Brands Hatch Indy, Deep Valley, Trial Mountain and Grand Valley because they are the tracks I am most familiar with.

Car Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32) '94
Tuner Silver's Togue Shop @iSLaNd_CuRt
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...0pp-550pp-updated-tunes-1-31-14.296047/page-3 post # 68
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 550pp, 529hp, 417ft-lb, 1,230kg, 54:46 weight balance
Synopsis Potential 550pp online sleeper, confidence inspiring, excellent traction.

Please be aware that the original tune is intended for the specific purpose of driving on the Mount Panorama Togue course (see the first post at S.T.S. above) and this review in no way reflects it's ability to perform it's intended task, I just prefer to hurl cars around corners at the 'ring too much :cool:

Impressions
My first impression of the tune as posted was that the car had an average amount of understeer at turn-in, understeered quite a bit at mid corner and had massive traction at corner exit. On high speed corners the front-end was sharp enough to allow you to fishtail if you wanted even while doing 280km/hr(!!!) in the sweepers at the 'ring which made for some very nail-biting moments because if you turned-in slightly too hard the car would spin on you. Once I changed the toe settings to the values below I found the car to be impeccably stable at speed while sharpening the initial turn-in as well. With that new found stability I felt safe in upping the power on this car to the 550pp level and while the car still doesn't quite rotate as much as I'd like it to, it is now incredibly stable and can handle the extra power no problem. This car might be a diamond in the rough for online races because at 550pp it has a massive 529hp (most other cars I've tested at this PP range have around 460-500) while only weighing 1,230kg and still having pretty good handling.

Notes
The changes I made to this tune to suit my driving style (in addition to the power gain) were to use Sports Soft instead of Sports Hard tires due to the big increase and grip with no loss in handling and to change the toe settings to Front: -0.15 Rear: -0.10

Last edited:
Car Honda NSX Type R '02
Tuner Little Duckpond Under the Mountain Tuners @Thorin Cain
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/little-duckpond-under-the-mountain-ds3-tuners.301902/ post #11
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 500pp, 327hp, 344lb-ft, 1,059kg, 46:54 weight balance

Impressions
A fantastic car! For my style of driving it has great balance. I like a car with a very sharp turn-in and as little exit oversteer as possible and this car delivers. The front end of this car grips so well on sports softs you find yourself wanting to check to make sure you aren't running racing tires! The car will bite you if you aren't careful and get on the power way too early in some corners (like the last corner of Brands Hatch) but if you are careful with your throttle control this car carves up corners like it's on rails. It especially comes alive on faster circuits like the 'ring as it handles the high speed corners well and at 500pp it has a faster top speed than most other cars at this PP level.

Notes
The changes I made to the tune for my personal preference was to not install the body rigidity (I'm told it just adds understeer and I like my turn-ins sharp as possible), flat floors (makes for slower overall lap times), dropped the rear downforce to 15 (to allow for more rotation on turn-in) and upped the weight to 1,059kg which didn't make much of a sacrifice to handling and allowed for a bit more power and top speed down the back straight of the 'ring.
Hi @Ksquad, Nice thread! I just popped in for a read and would like to say good job:tup: I like the format of your reviews and your notes, very informative and gives us some decent feedback.

Also, Thanks for the review:cheers: I'm glad you liked the NSX, it seems to be going down pretty well. I have also had a lot of fun with that car round the ring and I hate that place:lol:

Cheers again!

hey @Ksquad
If anyone knows any better to make money in this game without having to resort to "hacking" than the Red Bull Venturi car race at Silverstone (cut major corners on track to bring laptimes down to around 1:14-1:18) which nets you 260k (at 200% online bonus) in around 4 minutes I'm all ears!
International A , like the wind, Minolta Toyota, turbo andand transmission to 267 mph, no one can overtake you, takes around 3 mins, but only gets 140k, good for quick tunes

hey @Ksquad

International A , like the wind, Minolta Toyota, turbo andand transmission to 267 mph, no one can overtake you, takes around 3 mins, but only gets 140k, good for quick tunes

@HTR Tuning

Thanks for the suggestion! That was actually my first go-to money grinding event and had a GTR Black Edition tuned to the max which would hit around 360-380km/hr on the like the wind track that is a giant high speed oval. I found that to be a bit boring though so when someone suggested instead Red Bull Jr.s at Brands Hatch that became my go to grind until the new venturi car challenge came out and now instead of 3-4 mins to make $120-140k I make 260k in just slightly under 4 minutes at silverstone. It's nothing like I'm used to in GT5 where I would do the ongoing seasonal 5 lap race on the auto-generated course which was rated at 650pp but I would win in a detuned Minolta Toyota (at like 540pp) and make nearly 2 million every 10 mins or so.

@HTR Tuning

Thanks for the suggestion! That was actually my first go-to money grinding event and had a GTR Black Edition tuned to the max which would hit around 360-380km/hr on the like the wind track that is a giant high speed oval. I found that to be a bit boring though so when someone suggested instead Red Bull Jr.s at Brands Hatch that became my go to grind until the new venturi car challenge came out and now instead of 3-4 mins to make $120-140k I make 260k in just slightly under 4 minutes at silverstone. It's nothing like I'm used to in GT5 where I would do the ongoing seasonal 5 lap race on the auto-generated course which was rated at 650pp but I would win in a detuned Minolta Toyota (at like 540pp) and make nearly 2 million every 10 mins or so.
Yeah! Thats what i did for the NASCAR Race, 1million cr. every race!

Car RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Tuner TunerXande1959 @xande1959
Tune http://www.missil2064.com.br/index.php?pagina=1570827793_01
Tires Sports Softs
Specs 550pp, 439hp, 417ft-lb, 1,153kg, 48:52 weight balance
Synopsis Pure driving pleasure. Best on low/medium speed tracks.

Impressions
This was one of my favourite cars in GT5 and to date I'd not found any tunes that made the car drive like I was used to in GT6....until now! I'm so happy that I stumbled upon this tune because it brings this car back up to the way I expect it to handle! The other tunes I tried (IMHO) were either too unstable rotationally and would have way too much oversteer or else would have no oversteer and just a ton of understeer. To me this tune has an excellent balance between the two. It has a very sharp turn-in at almost any speed, has excellent mid corner and exit grip with just a bit of oversteer on exit. It handles direction changes and the bumps and curbs very well at the 'ring. The only downside of this car to me is that it chokes at speeds above 240km/hr at this PP level so it's best suited to low/medium speed tracks.

Notes
The changes I made to this tune to better suit my driving style was to change the rear toe setting to -0.10 to add more traction and stability at high speed and to remove the ballast.

Last edited:
Car Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Tuner LazyDonkey's Ultimate 550pp Tuning Shop @TheLazyDonkey
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lazydonkeys-ultimate-550pp-tuning-shop-pic-heavy-new-mazda-rx7-lotus-sport-350.296418/ post # 14
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 525pp, 443hp, 331ft-lb, 1,255kg, 50:50 weight balance
Synopsis Great handling, agile and forgiving FR car most at home on medium and high speed tracks, sublime on the 'ring

Impressions
I've had my butt handed to me in many an online race by drivers of this car and with this tune now I know why! At this power level and with Sports Soft tires this car is practically glued to the road. Yes, in this format it's not a mach 10 with your pants on fire type of experience as it is in the original tune as posted however this car can handle almost any abuse you can throw at it. The car is VERY forgiving and will let you brake waaaay too late into a corner and get on the gas earlier and harder than you think is possible without spinning out. It is very stable over bumps and curbs as well. The only downside, as @TheLazyDonkey mentions in their post, is that the car exhibits a small amount of mid-corner understeer but that moment passes very quickly and you are back on rails again. For me this tune in this configuration allows me to have a blast throwing a light and agile FR car around the track while still being able to post consistent lap times.

Notes
The changes I made to this tune was to equip Sports Soft tires versus Racing Softs, to install the carbon hood and window weight reduction and to use only the following engine mods: No oil change, engine tuning stage 3, racing exhaust, iso manifold and sports catalytic converter. I tried the engine setup with various other parts installed and power limiter amounts but I found in my testing that if you give the car any more power than this or a different power curve the power overwhelms the tires and takes away from the forgiveness this tune allows.

Last edited:
Car RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Tires Sports Softs

Impressions
This was one of my favourite cars in GT5 and to date I'd not found any tunes that made the car drive like I was used to in GT6....until now! I'm so happy that I stumbled upon this tune because it brings this car back up to the way I expect it to handle! The other tunes I tried (IMHO) were either too unstable rotationally and would have way too much oversteer or else would have no oversteer and just a ton of understeer. To me this tune has an excellent balance between the two. It has a very sharp turn-in at almost any speed, has excellent mid corner and exit grip with just a bit of oversteer on exit. It handles direction changes and the bumps and curbs very well at the 'ring. The only downside of this car to me is that it chokes at speeds above 240km/hr at this PP level so it's best suited to low/medium speed tracks.

Notes
The changes I made to this tune to better suit my driving style was to change the rear toe setting to -0.10 to add more traction and stability at high speed and to remove the ballast.
.their declarations of this fascinating car his observations were punctual, thank you so try to get better and better, thanks for visiting my humble garage:cheers:👍

Car SRT Viper GTS '13
Tuner HTR Tuning @HTR Tuning
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dodge-viper-srt-gts-679-pp.303196/ post # 1
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 600pp, 585hp, 601ft-lb, 1,245kg, 50:50 weight balance
Synopsis Well-balanced and forgiving FR car with smooth power delivery

Impressions
A very well-balanced and composed car! It is not spectacular in any one regard, it's turn-in isn't the sharpest, nor is it something that requires intense concentration like a high-strung MR car. It's car with a fairly sharp turn-in, decent mid-corner grip and exceptional corner exit traction. I found this far to be very forgiving of bumps and curbs and loved how it allowed me to quickly regain control if I overcooked a corner exit and clipped the grass without going into a catastrophic tank slapper. This isn't your typical Viper waiting to bite you the second you make a slip up, this car forgives most mistakes and still gives you that awesome low end grunt you expect. This is the most forgiving 600pp road car on Sports Soft Tires I've driven to date.

Notes
The only change I made to this tune was to equip Sports Soft tires instead of Racing Hards as I felt the Racing Hards made the car far too twitchy for my taste and takes away a lot of the forgiveness of the car.

Last edited:
Car SRT Viper GTS '13
Tuner HTR Tuning @HTR Tuning
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dodge-viper-srt-gts-679-pp.303196/ post # 1
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 600pp, 585hp, 601ft-lb, 1,245kg, 50:50 weight balance
Synopsis Well-balanced and forgiving FR car with smooth power delivery

Impressions
A very well-balanced and composed car! It is not spectacular in any one regard, it's turn-in isn't the sharpest, nor is it something that requires intense concentration like a high-strung MR car. It's car with a fairly sharp turn-in, decent mid-corner grip and exceptional corner exit traction. I found this far to be very forgiving of bumps and curbs and loved how it allowed me to quickly regain control if I overcooked a corner exit and clipped the grass without going into a catastrophic tank slapper. This isn't your typical Viper waiting to bite you the second you make a mistake, this car forgives most mistakes and still gives you that awesome low end grunt you expect. This is the most forgiving 600pp road car on Sports Soft Tires I've driven to date.

Notes
The only change I made to this tune was to equip Sports Soft tires instead of Racing Hards as I felt the Racing Hards made the car far too twitchy for my taste and takes away a lot of the forgiveness of the car.
Thank you so much for the review, i really appreciate it!

Car KTM X-BOW Street '12
Tuner Chunkee_Monkey @Bee_Bee9
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...2013-delta-wing-650pp-rh.292897/#post-9058538
post # 6
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 500pp, 257hp, 243ft-lb, 913kg, 46:54 weight balance
Synopsis Handles like a mini F1 car without all the twitchy handling off throttle

Impressions
To me the best way to describe this car/tune is that it's like how I would expect a go cart to handle, and not the ones on a razors edge like in GT6, but rather real life ones. Unless you are completely sideways you never spin the tires and the turn-in and handling are like they are on rails! To me that's what this car is like. Unless you go into a corner with twice the speed you should (which will induce some understeer) this car will handle whatever abuse you can throw at it and because of its relatively low power output on Sports Soft tires I never encountered an issue of power-oversteer even on the slowest of corners. The only real letdown of this car (the car not the tune) is that the car is fairly underpowered and as such runs out of steam above around 180km/hr so in races it's only well suited for really tight twisty tracks with short straightaways.

Notes
The only change I made to this tune was to equip Sports Soft tires instead of Sports Hards because in a car like this I want it to be razor sharp and not fighting me all the time like it does on lesser tires. When you want more of a challenge though I highly recommend using harder tire compounds.

Car RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Tires Sports Softs

Impressions

Notes

The other day I spent soem time tuning the normal road car version of RX-7 to make it more stable, which I was pretty successful at (with help). This car and tuning however, is exactly what I was trying to accomplish, and it's freaking brilliant. I LOVE it! It corners like a dream, it handles with precision and turns in like no other car Ive gotten yet. The lap times I get in Tokyo R247 is incredible when compared. Ofcourse, it's not the same car as the éfini RX-7, and this one is probably much better by default, but still, great tuning. 10/10.

PS. Ive yet to try your modification with Toe and Ballast - but will in a few minutes. The base tuning is still rock solid awesome.

/Cheers

Do you think it's possible to improve my éfini tuning to resemble the Amemiya?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/eldeorns-mazda-éfini-rx-7-type-r-fd-91-530-pp.303729/

The other day I spent soem time tuning the normal road car version of RX-7 to make it more stable, which I was pretty successful at (with help). This car and tuning however, is exactly what I was trying to accomplish, and it's freaking brilliant. I LOVE it! It corners like a dream, it handles with precision and turns in like no other car Ive gotten yet. The lap times I get in Tokyo R247 is incredible when compared. Ofcourse, it's not the same car as the éfini RX-7, and this one is probably much better by default, but still, great tuning. 10/10.

PS. Ive yet to try your modification with Toe and Ballast - but will in a few minutes. The base tuning is still rock solid awesome.

/Cheers

Do you think it's possible to improve my éfini tuning to resemble the Amemiya?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/eldeorns-mazda-éfini-rx-7-type-r-fd-91-530-pp.303729/
-Mr eldeorn good afternoon welcome my garage so actually get compliments this car on Efini RX-7 is possible to achieve, but at the moment I'm taking the license under the new GT6 and buying the same cars that I even had this exact one month because my ancient burned ps3 HD not give anything to enjoy. already but I'm working hard to achieve. about this car (RX-7) I will buy it and post it in tokyo circuit 530 PP sports:s tires put on gt planet. thank you:cheers:

Last edited:
-Mr eldeorn good afternoon welcome my garage so actually get compliments this car on Efini RX-7 is possible to achieve, but at the moment I'm taking the license under the new GT6 and buying the same cars that I even had this exact one month because my ancient burned ps3 HD not give anything to enjoy. already but I'm working hard to achieve. about this car (RX-7) I will buy it and post it in tokyo circuit 530 PP sports:s tires put on gt planet. thank you:cheers:

Sounds awesome. Would you be so kind to post a link to it in my thread when you're done?

I buy yesterday Efini RX-7 went to tokyo circuit installed parts setting (PP 530) in 1 turn without tuning 1:52,849 (LSD = 10/40/20), at around 2 decreases (LSD = 10/37/20) = 1:47,139, put on the next lap (anti-roll bars) hardest (4/4) managing the same time, al the next lap upped Ride Height (125 (f) / (r) 125) with time1: 46.692. I'm saying all this because this standard and very good car, then say something I have to work.:cheers:

Car Camaro Z28 Race Car '69
Tuner Get Funky Garage @granthagen05
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/get-funky-garage.297260/ post # 13
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 550pp, 452hp, 466ft-lb, 1,085kg, 54:46 weight balance
Synopsis Well-composed and stable car with a killer engine note

Impressions
First off, with the possible exception of the Red Bull cars this has got to be the best sounding car in the game I've driven to date! It's got an amazing V8 growl which isn't overpowered by the sound of the transmission as it is with most other cars in the game. This car is a very stable and predictable ride. If you overspeed into a corner this car will understeer but it makes up for it by having gobs of mid corner and exit grip. When this car does break its rear tires loose it's easy to catch the slide without ending up in a tank slapper or a spin. If you prefer a wilder ride you can lower the rear downforce but it will make the back-end quite a lot more challenging to keep in line. All in all it's a fantastic experience from a muscle car (much different than my boatlike '79 Chevy Malibu back in the day!) with an engine sound that will make you wanna crank the volume.

Notes
The change I made to this tune was to drop from Racing Hard to Sports Soft tires because I felt that with racing tires the line between hero and zero was fairly small but with sports tires it felt to me like I was getting more feedback from the tires and could tell when I was about to overwhelm them before they let go which gave me a much more stable and predictable drive.

Car Camaro Z28 Race Car '69
Tuner Get Funky Garage @granthagen05
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/get-funky-garage.297260/ post # 13
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 550pp, 452hp, 466ft-lb, 1,085kg, 54:46 weight balance
Synopsis Well-composed and stable car with a killer engine note

Impressions
First off, with the possible exception of the Red Bull cars this has got to be the best sounding car in the game I've driven to date! It's got an amazing V8 growl which isn't overpowered by the sound of the transmission as it is with most other cars in the game. This car is a very stable and predictable ride. If you overspeed into a corner this car will understeer but it makes up for it by having gobs of mid corner and exit grip. When this car does break its rear tires loose it's easy to catch the slide without ending up in a tank slapper or a spin. If you prefer a wilder ride you can lower the rear downforce but it will make the back-end quite a lot more challenging to keep in line. All in all it's a fantastic experience from a muscle car (much different than my boatlike '79 Chevy Malibu back in the day!) with an engine sound that will make you wanna crank the volume.

Notes
The change I made to this tune was to drop from Racing Hard to Sports Soft tires because I felt that with racing tires the line between hero and zero was fairly small but with sports tires it felt to me like I was getting more feedback from the tires and could tell when I was about to overwhelm them before they let go which gave me a much more stable and predictable drive.

Thanks for the review. This has been one of my favorite cars for a while. I like what you are doing! Keep it up!

Car Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT
Tuner The Devil's Playground @demonchilde
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...new-murcielago-ford-gt-05-600pp.295123/page-3 post # 88
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 550pp, 404hp, 590ft-lb, 1,220kg, 50:50 weight balance
Synopsis Well-balanced, consistent and forgiving car

Impressions
While not being a hair-raising ride this car has its own kind of driving pleasure. It is really well balanced, a bit on the understeer side but not so much so that the understeer kills the experience. Rather it has just enough of a sharp turn-in to match the rear traction which is exceptional. This isn't a car to be driven when you feel like having a real workout, like say a high-strung NSX or the CTR Yellowbird, but rather this is a car that is fantastic for putting in 10/10ths laps around the 'ring and will forgive you if you run over a curb or clip the grass without sending you into a spin. Whenever I feel like putting in consistent laps around the ring and just enjoying the drive at 80% concentration this is my go to car.

Notes
For me I found the rear of the car to be a bit too planted and resistant to rotation for my driving style so I changed the rear toe setting from 0.00 to 0.10 to allow the back end of the car to rotate more but not so much that it kills the predictability of this car.

Well here goes, the first tune I'm happy with enough to post. This car is more or less a replica of what I was trying to achieve with my old car, a 2004 Civic Si Hatchback (EP3) if I had the time and the money to complete the project. I had the rear interior stripped out and a big brake kit up front along with other misc mods including Dunlop Direnza Star Spec tires which made the car handle like a road-going go kart. To replicate the level of grip I've fitted Sports Mediums which to me feel like the tires I had in reality.

I couldn't have done this without the use of @oppositelock 's QuickTune as a baseline to get started, respect! I found it to be very helpful in playing around with different ride heights, spring rates and dampers to achieve the balance you want in a car. I used it to set the ride height, spring rates and initial damper settings (which I lowered by 1 to make the car handle the bumps).

I've tried to dial out as much of the understeer as I can though there still is a bit there when on throttle or if you go into a corner way too fast. Just like the car I had this tune has lift off oversteer and a really sharp turn-in with some on-throttle understeer. The car handles bumps and curbs well and loves to rotate but in a completely manageable way that is forgiving and can easily be stopped by a dab of the throttle.

This car is still a work in progress and I'm sure with more fine-tuning it can be even better but this is the best I have so far:

Car Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04
Tires Sports Mediums
Specs 450pp, 251hp, 170ft-lb, 996kg, 61:39 weight balance

Ride Height Front: 118 Rear: 94
Spring Rate Front: 5.21 Rear: 6.25
Dampers (compression) Front: 5 Rear: 5
Dampers (rebound) Front: 8 Rear: 6
Anti-roll Bars Front: 2 Rear: 4
Camber Front: 0.0 Rear: 0.0
Toe Angle Front: -0.25 Rear: 0.20

Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Front: 10 Rear: 5 (chosen because in my tests it had by far the shortest braking distance this way)

Transmission: Whatever you like, if you install a fully customizeable one it doesn't create a crazy whining sound on this car.

LSD 5/18/5 (tuned using @Motor City Hami 's guide)

Twin plate clutch (because this car is so low powered)

Stage 3 engine, racing exhaust (can't remember if the car has had it's oil changed or not, but not a big deal to me)

If you want a car that rotates even more change the rear tires to be Sports Hards. If that's not enough rotation then increase the rear toe angle to something like 0.30-0.40 though I'd imagine at that point what you would have is a car that can turn on a dime but is only really suited to go-kart tracks :)

If you want the car to be a bit more planted in the rear then try decreasing the rear toe angle to 0.00-0.10

Last edited:
Well here goes, the first tune I'm happy with enough to post. This car is more or less a replica of what I was trying to achieve with my old car, a 2004 Civic Si Hatchback (EP3) if I had the time and the money to complete the project. I had the rear interior stripped out and a big brake kit up front along with other misc mods including Dunlop Direnza Star Spec tires which made the car handle like a road-going go kart. To replicate the level of grip I've fitted Sports Mediums which to me feel like the tires I had in reality.

I couldn't have done this without the use of @oppositelock 's QuickTune as a baseline to get started, respect! I found it to be very helpful in playing around with different ride heights, spring rates and dampers to achieve the balance you want in a car. I used it to set the ride height, spring rates and initial damper settings (which I lowered by 1 to make the car handle the bumps).

I've tried to dial out as much of the understeer as I can though there still is a bit there when on throttle or if you go into a corner way too fast. Just like the car I had this tune has lift off oversteer and a really sharp turn-in with some on-throttle understeer. The car handles bumps and curbs well and loves to rotate but in a completely manageable way that is forgiving and can easily be stopped by a dab of the throttle.

This car is still a work in progress and I'm sure with more fine-tuning it can be even better but this is the best I have so far:

Car Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04
Tires Sports Mediums
Specs 450pp, 251hp, 170ft-lb, 996kg, 61:39 weight balance

Ride Height Front: 118 Rear: 94
Spring Rate Front: 5.21 Rear: 6.25
Dampers (compression) Front: 5 Rear: 5
Dampers (rebound) Front: 8 Rear: 6
Anti-roll Bars Front: 2 Rear: 4
Toe Angle Front: -0.25 Rear: 0.20

Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Front: 10 Rear: 5 (chosen because in my tests it had by far the shortest braking distance this way)

Transmission: Whatever you like, if you install a fully customizeable one it doesn't create a crazy whining sound on this car.

LSD 5/18/5 (tuned using @Motor City Hami 's guide)

Twin plate clutch (because this car is so low powered)

Stage 3 engine, racing exhaust (can't remember if the car has had it's oil changed or not, but not a big deal to me)

If you want a car that rotates even more change the rear tires to be Sports Hards. If that's not enough rotation then increase the rear toe angle to something like 0.30-0.40 though I'd imagine at that point what you would have is a car that can turn on a dime but is only really suited to go-kart tracks :)

If you want the car to be a bit more planted in the rear then try decreasing the rear toe angle to 0.00-0.10
-
Congratulations on your first tuned to,, remember a car that the person has the more pleasure in making a good sintoni.quanto our friend, oppositelock 's QuickTune worksheets are fantastic in every way, always use my way to tune but soon use the worksheet oppositelock 's QuickTune to compare performance and race times. tuned to, now you did this with tire wear, because he made you will have problem in the front tires, (10) and far beyond the traction will spend tire lot, I will buy this car to experience.
-welcome.:cheers::gtpflag:

-
Congratulations on your first tuned to,, remember a car that the person has the more pleasure in making a good sintoni.quanto our friend, oppositelock 's QuickTune worksheets are fantastic in every way, always use my way to tune but soon use the worksheet oppositelock 's QuickTune to compare performance and race times. tuned to, now you did this with tire wear, because he made you will have problem in the front tires, (10) and far beyond the traction will spend tire lot, I will buy this car to experience.
-welcome.:cheers::gtpflag:

I appreciate the kind words and welcome any suggestions you may have! I've not had the chance to participate in endurance style races, usually on the rare times I go online to race all I can find are casual racers doing 3-5 lap races so I've got next to no idea about how to tune for tire wear. I did notice that this car had a hard time warming up it's rear tires.

Car Lotus Elise 111R '04
Tires Sports Mediums
Specs 500pp, 242hp, 166ft-lb, 750kg, 42:58 weight balance

Ride Height Front: 93 Rear: 93
Spring Rate Front: 6.39 Rear: 11.38
Dampers (compression) Front: 6 Rear: 6
Dampers (rebound) Front: 5 Rear: 7
Anti-roll Bars Front: 6 Rear: 3
Toe Angle Front: 0.09 Rear: 0.40
Brake Balance Front: 5 Rear: 5 (this can probably be improved upon but is working well for me so far)
LSD 9/15/13
Rear Downforce 5
Power Limiter 90.6%

Parts Installed/Purchased
Oil Change
Increase Body Rigidity
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable Mechanical LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Front Aero Kit
Rear Wing

I've tried every Elise 111R '04 tune I could find on GTPlanet and none of them quite suited what I felt the car should handle like which is to have a razor sharp turn-in with some good rotation that likes to be chucked into corners and is steered more with the throttle and brake than the steering wheel. The tunes I tried either felt to me like they had far too much understeer or else could rotate so quickly it was like driving a GT6 go-kart that bites you if you mess up in the slightest.

This is a tune that checks all of the boxes I would expect of an Elise's handling! This is a car that asks you to grab it by the scruff of the neck and absolutely throw it into a corner and it will carve up the corner like the finest katana and then beg you for more! You can grip drive with this car and go slow in, fast out and the car will do it and do it well. For me though the real fun of this car is when you charge into a corner and turn-in, slightly tap the brakes to loosen up the rear tires and start the car rotating and then use the throttle to control the drift. This car is very forgiving of any and all punishment I could throw at it and have tested it at Brands Hatch, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and the Nurburgring and it performed very well.

The car is on sports mediums because during my testing it gave the best feedback from the tires and made the car feel much more balanced. With sports soft tires the car did turn-in better but became kind of twitchy and would start to grow fangs and punish you if you threw the car around too much.

Please let me know what you think of it and I welcome any comments/suggestions/criticisms!

Last edited:
Back