JPN Gran Turismo 5:Prologue Update confirmed!

• Thread starter skingg
  • 383 comments
I started the download then went to bed, didn't want to wait.

When I woke up, it is updated, ha ha !

Some of my pics (click to enlarge)

Lool...i did the same thing..

except after 8 hours of sleep....its STILL ON ZERO :crazy:

My ps3 is on DMZ man.....and I can download other stuff as well from psn.
is this cause I havnt downloaded the first update to play online?...

anyone experiencing the same?!..

Thnx

good thing about the update is that it resumes from the point that you were disconnected. i tried for 7 times and got an error in all of them.

but checking in the game information, the data size went from 2029 to 2418mb right now, so i'm almost there. its just a shame that the bar always starts from zero, making you think that you're back to square one

i'm trying to get the download now, but it keeps on disconnecting somehow. it must be the 4th time i've tried now. i'm getting really really frustrated.

to anybody who has updated already :

Is there a drift mode in the game , and are all the cars from the Europe version in it ?

thanks !

Yes there is a drift mode :) and yes all the cars from the Euro version are in :D

Naturally the first car I went for was the RX-7 :D Handles near identical to the real thing! The sound is about right too which I'm very happy to hear.

I'm currently driving the stock Ford GT around Eiger Reverse now (my favorite track & config to test any new car on)... it's a bit of a handful to put it rather mildly haha. It is very loose... have to be very careful on the gas. It's almost impossible to floor it around any corner on Eiger without ending up facing backwards. Also have to remember to NEVER lift your foot off the gas for more than a split second around corners (in most cars.. like the NSX for instance, you can take your foot off the gas just enough in to cause the car's wight to shift onto the front wheels and give them more traction which will induce oversteer to allow for very quick vector correction around corners... this is still a viable technique with the stock Ford GT, but you just have to be extremely quick about it and know exactly what the car will do when you do it.)

I got the hang of the Ford GT after about 3 laps and you can now see my best replay in the replay section for the Ford GT under Eiger II (which is the 3rd option up from the bottom in the JP version if I remember correctly), Professional Physics. Shouldn't be that hard to find... as of now I'm the only one on there :). I will see if I can find a way to take a video tomorrow when I can get a better lap in, as it's 2:20 AM here and I'm going to bed...

As for tracks, I think High Speed Ring is now the most visually impressive track. It may be simple, but it is, in my opinion, actually the most photorealistic out of all of them. Certain replay angles are especially very cool and very TV like.

Overall the new update is just freakin awesome!!

Edit:

@ Maskrider

What capture device have you used to get those images? They are fairly high quality... I havn't really seen any thing any good in the public market. Are they via HDMI? or Component?

done at third attempt
first was failed at %85. it took over 2 hours
but third took just one hour.just be sure you dont use internet for surfing or downloading on your PC.

I quickly looked at what's new. I wanted to sell all cars to get f2007 but it seems a stupid move because 599's sell price is around 8million :)
my pal version has been shipped today. it should be here in 6 days. time to waste my jpn version money :/

Changelog:

As of Friday, March 28, the free update of “Gran Turismo 5 Prologue” to “Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec II” has been started.

The major contents of this update are as follows.

Additional Cars
- 34 Additional Cars have been added, for a total of 71 cars. [Additional Car List]

Additional Racetrack
- “High Speed Ring (normal/reverse)” has been added, for a total of 6 tracks, 12 layouts.

Additional Mode
- Drift Trial
- 2 Player Battle

New Features
- Performance Points
- Quick Tune
- Real Time Adjustment (RA) feature (Compatible with Driving Force GT)

Event
- All event content have been updated.
- Number of events per class raised from 8 to a total of 10 each.
- Improvements have been made to the user interface

Driving Options
- “AI Level” added
- No. of Laps added
- “Driving line” added
- “Active Brakes” deleted
- “Active Steering” moved from Option (Can be adjusted in 3 levels, effective for wireless control pad as well).

Option
- Added No. of laps setting for “Arcade / 2 P“ (Infinite/2-00)
- Added “Units” (Distance, Power, Torque)
- Added “Demo” (Auto demo start interval, demo duration, demo content settings)
- Added real time adjustment feature related items in “Change Button Assignments”
- Added “Temperature” display settings under “Network”
- Added “Delete Course Records”(offline) under “Utilities”

- Added Free Run (practice run mode) in race events
- Changed so that the host is not always in the 1st place grid position in online race events

Other
- Garage selection added to Event and Online
- 4 stages including Kyoto added to the My Page background
- Measures taken against taking shortcuts in various tracks
- Improved penalty judgment
- Upper limit of credits raised to Cr.20,000,000
- Compatibility with the Driving Force GT steering wheel planned for release by Logicool®
- Improved controllability using the wireless controller pad
- Updated Manual
- Tyre selection in Arcade fixed to S2

Caution
- Key assignments will be reset by the update.
- Ranking will be reset by the update.
- 1,540MB or more HDD space is required for the update
- Please read other contents under “Please read before updating” for more details.

* To update, you will need a Playstation 3 connected to the internet with a broadband connection, and "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" (Either the Blu-ray disc version or downloaded version).

* All information listed in this website is for Japan. For information outside Japan, please refer to the website of your region.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/news/d2024.html

Also, it looks like online racing is region based, but time trials are worldwide.

Thats a lot of changes. Now that the pal version didnt show up on the PSN store I have money in my account ready for any downloadable content that we will have to pay for. Now im off to pick up my BD version of GT5:P

Okay guys....I need help...The progress bar doesnt budge from the Zero mark...I dont see any hint of white bar, and this was half an hour since I started the download and this is the 5th time I restarted it.

is there some particular ports I need to forward ?...I did forward some PSN ports.

Thnx

open your modem page and set DMZ on for PS3.
test your internet in ps3 network settings. you must see there nat type 1-2 to get good speed.
dony use your internet for your other works.
and as I can see you are in dubai.current time is not the best time to get this update.
japanese people are awake now and they are coming back from their jobs. there should be a heavy server traffic. thatswhy try to update at midnight. (10 hours later in your time zone)

Can you change the language in the jpn update? also if i buy UK version will my jpn save data work with it, or will i start from the beginning?.

Cheers

I dont know if the language can be changed because I dont understand any of the menus. Also the JPN save wont work with the UK version.

A couple of stupid questions..
1. When my Blu-Ray (eventually) turns up, will it need updating to spec II?
2. How big is the update? Many pages ago someone said it was around 400MB.
3. Why hasn't the official UK Prologue site got the the rest of the cars? O.o

Thanks for your time guys :dunce:

1. Yes.

2. A friend with the press download said 204MB or something, my Japanese game needed 612MB.
Amar, who was (one of) the first with a disc, said ~400MB.

3. SCEE is lazy...véry, véry lazy.

Hi guys this is my first post here. Just wanted to ask if any of you would know when the update for the Asian version of prologue is coming? Thanks a bunch and more speed to us all :)

That is very lazy. I'm getting it on Blu-ray so I didn't have to waste my bandwith.
I don't want to download update after update.
Sony should start planning these things alot better.
I think sony should be nice to all of us and send updates through the post. They have our addresses, so why not?

It's not Sony, its PD. Sony does great Jobs with other game Updates, and always gives me no Lag in my Multilayer game. Since this is a supercharged demo, PD and Sony don't wanna spend TOO much money on better servers i think.

@ Maskrider

What capture device have you used to get those images? They are fairly high quality... I havn't really seen any thing any good in the public market. Are they via HDMI? or Component?

They are 720p direct feeds captured by me with my Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro. No touch up was done on them than converting them to JPEG.

Haha, well then you are very lucky. Not everyone has a $350.00 video editing card with HDMI ports :)

It is not just because of luck but I cannot say I am not lucky, I have a job and I worked hard (almost 20 years so far) to support my family and my hobbies.

Anyway, some more pictures (click to enlarge them)

The 2 locations in Kyoto

Shorenin, Kyoto

Shirakawa, Kyoto

And a location called Bonn

I woke up this morning and it was finished! Install was quick, but then I had to go to work:( This is going to be a long day ....

I noticed a little thing that pleased me when I drove the Z06 after the update...

dscf3543547.jpg

The speedometer that appears on the windscreen!

so, anyone know yet when the update for the asian version of GT5P will be? Just want to know since I'll go nuts if PD forgets about us hehe. Need to get my hands on those tuned cars and of course the Ferrari's. I'd like to have the option to turn off abs as soon as possible too - makes the game that more realistic! Thanks!

I am so fed up, resume download fonction doesn't work, i'm on my 30th + try, and i never got past half of it and my pal copy STILL ISNT HERE, for **** sake ;|

Latest Posts

Back