JPN Gran Turismo 5:Prologue Update confirmed!

• Thread starter skingg
  • 383 comments
The resume function wortked for me, but only when it canceled at 80% done... I went back into the game and it took about 5 minutes to get up to about 80% again, and it finished within 10 minutes.

Odd...

on my 37th try now and i was almost past the middle and now i used the online icon to download instead of the news one and it started back from where it was, damn i'm confused now T__T ... better finish THIS TIME AROUND

It failed again (and again the time after) and my bar progress is back to zero, awesome :(

EDIT: now it won't let me update anymore :|

EDIT: now it won't let me update anymore :|

I just got booted out of the online after a couple of races, could the servers be down?
That would explain you not being able to try to update & me not being able to go online to race.

I feel for all you guys having problems.
All I can say is hang in there!
It took me about a couple of dozen tries before it completed the update & that took about 3 hours.
Believe me.....it's worth the hassle!!

I really hope PD is looking closely at this, I realize it's the first time a GT game has had online & updates but it really gets frustrating!!

Server problem i suppose. Wont let me download either.

Edit : Seems now it says there is an online service maintenance going on and directs me to http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p

Hopefully this maintenance will help the guys still trying to download the update!

I guess I'll use this maintenance period to go mow my yard!:sly:

I just got booted out of the online after a couple of races, could the servers be down?
That would explain you not being able to try to update & me not being able to go online to race.

I feel for all you guys having problems.
All I can say is hang in there!
It took me about a couple of dozen tries before it completed the update & that took about 3 hours.
Believe me.....it's worth the hassle!!

I really hope PD is looking closely at this, I realize it's the first time a GT game has had online & updates but it really gets frustrating!!

Hopefully this maintenance will help the guys still trying to download the update!

I guess I'll use this maintenance period to go mow my yard!:sly:

LOL! Well the server is back up so resuming my update.....

I don't get it, i tried again and now the update finished in like 30seconds... i'm lost (at least it works now!)

Quick question because everything is confusing me .
I live in America and I have the JPN version Prol.
but I have an american PSN account
Can I still Download the update?
I mean is it even ready to be downloaded of the Americans with JPN version of Gt5 Pro?

Yes, Rohanmalvea, you can download the update regardless of what account you are signed into. I'm downloading my update now...

so let me get this straight, it does resume if it fails it just doesnt show you on the progress bar .... and the only way you know is if the games save utility file increases in mb's???

Maybe, i may have a look next time it fails...

EDIT: Yep, the game save utilty file has increased in size.

yeah so it does resume...i also just checked and its gone up.

can someone kindly tell me what the full size of the game data when complete, just so i know how much left.

Oh man downloading update was a sick hard core for me :(
I started 11PM Thursday and finished 5AM Friday :/ (had to get up to work at 9.30 AM)
Either resume option did not work at all or that bar that we could see was like about 1/8 of whole data to download - I mean that if I would sum up all bar progress it would give me like 8 full bars ...:nervous:

I'm dumb, I didn't notice the JP update thread and opened a new one (not sure whether the mods will approve it though so I guess it's okay).

I got the Japanese version with some friends (we bought a PSN japanese card off eBay) which I could play just fine until now. But I read the Western versions of the game are locked to the account with which you bought the game (you must be logged in to the PSN to play), you can't even play it from other accounts in the same PS3!

Now when I start the game it prompts me to download the latest update. But I'm afraid if I do so the game will impose the same conditions of the Western download and I won't be able to load it again if I'm not logged in to the (single) PSN account we used to buy the game.

So could you confirm if after the update the Japanese GT5P won't let you play (on or offline) unless you're logged in to the account used to buy the game?

Thanks a lot in advance. Cheers

COuld someone post the pic of the update screen so I can know where to click at
because all my screen shows is PS and something something in Japness. when I click yes on the agreement1

COuld someone post the pic of the update screen so I can know where to click at
because all my screen shows is PS and something something in Japness. when I click yes on the agreement1

that says press the PS button, quit the game, and restart it to complete installation.

Then when you get the licence agreement select "I agree" on the right.

Back