JrDarknes 240sx

• Thread starter JrDarknes
  • 331 comments
Wow JD, your S13 is looking so good! Love the hard work and dedication that you put into her. 👍 Keep it up! And if you are still havibg problems with the oil guages, have you looked into some better guages from other companies that have better quality than that ebay?

And good luck with the RB cooling system, can't wait to hear about your custom coolant mixtures. As much as I love the RB series, I do know that the cooling section of the engine is a major thing to tackle. Even if I had one, that eould be the first thing on my mind, especially living in Vegas with summers reaching 100 degrees and climbing! :lol:

But great work regardless! :)
Thanks! Yea, I'm going to try to get defi gauges eventually. Hate they're 180 a piece but I would trust the temp more.

Yea I should of put a lot more effort with my cooling. I had a shroud for my fans but I really didn't know how limited to space you were with the RB til I actually had it in my s13. Then half of my intercooler is blocked because of my bumper so I know I'm definitely going to put that hotroad duct on my front bumper.

Even though the engine is being a pain at the moment, I still smile when I hear it on the road driving haha. Love the sound so much.

Thanks! Yea, I'm going to try to get defi gauges eventually. Hate they're 180 a piece but I would trust the temp more.

Yea I should of put a lot more effort with my cooling. I had a shroud for my fans but I really didn't know how limited to space you were with the RB til I actually had it in my s13. Then half of my intercooler is blocked because of my bumper so I know I'm definitely going to put that hotroad duct on my front bumper.

Even though the engine is being a pain at the moment, I still smile when I hear it on the road driving haha. Love the sound so much.

I know how you feel when it comes to spending more on products for a car, computer or anything expensive and as a replacement or upgrade. But after listening to many people who build their cars and computers, sometimes it is better to shell out more for an item than getting a cheaper one and it doesn't work, or worse, ruins your whole project and then forcing more $$$ to repair.

And after reading stories in Super Street and watching builds on forums, many people cringe at the prices at first, but enjoy the long lasting effects and quality it can endure from hard driving, daily driving, and many without being a burden. But keep looking around and do some homework on different companies to find the right guage and for the right price. They are out there, just gotta keep looking. ;)

I know how that feels, I hope to find a cheap, but reliable S13 fastback or coupe, especially the Silvia with the JDM front, one day. I wouldn't mind a RB25DET from a ENR34 GTT and a 5 speed or custom 6 speed. Something about those great engines just make me smile everytime I listen to them and having one in a US spec Silvia/240SX give them a baby Skyline appearance. Which is a huge plus :D.

Although it is a challenging route, but after the work it will stand out among the S13s with KA and SR20 engines, even though I love those engines equally. Good luck and keep up the progress! 👍

The innovate wideband are not bad.

Love the clean design of the rims.

And yeah the cam rocker covers tend to leak, and the RB (don't know if it's true for the non rb26) push too much oil in the head, so oil restricitors are always welcome. Mine leaks slighty too, it's a mess to clean it :lol: But I hadn't nearly as much as yours.

Nice updates 👍

Decided to get all of my door rust fixed.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks much better, just need to get my spare driver side fender painted and my driver side will look just as good as my passenger side.
image.jpeg

Bought a DEFi Racer Water Temp gauge. Really don't want to install it until I restore my interior. So I'm gonna see what happens when I switch up my coolant and do a 30/70 mix before I swap it out from my ebay one. Friend said he had a similar issue and mentioned I tried this.
image.jpeg

Was planning on messing with the exterior this winter but decided I'm going to try to restore the interior instead. It's decent for now, pictures make it look better than what it is but I really want a very mint looking interior. Nothing but black and red.

I already bought a custom red safc, and a brand new center console (was bought new a long time ago by someone else but has never been used. I was very lucky to snag it) which you can't even order anymore.

Pictures from eBay.

image.png

Do you read Dsport? Because I revert on my stand on innovate... there seems to be better out there:
http://dsportmag.com/the-tech/quick-test-aem-electronics-x-series-wideband-uego/

Also I have a defi kit that I sell (the one from my GTR) pics are somewhere in my thread... shoot me a pm if you interested (boost and water temp)

Good tackling that rust... 👍 it spreads so fast at times, it's always good to do it asap 👍

Do you read Dsport? Because I revert on my stand on innovate... there seems to be better out there:
http://dsportmag.com/the-tech/quick-test-aem-electronics-x-series-wideband-uego/

Also I have a defi kit that I sell (the one from my GTR) pics are somewhere in my thread... shoot me a pm if you interested (boost and water temp)

Good tackling that rust... 👍 it spreads so fast at times, it's always good to do it asap 👍

That was a good read, gonna look into dsport. I was subscribed to super street for 2 years but they really lacked content in my opinion and I really didn't like most of their car reviews. My innovate actually needs a new sensor already..... Just gonna go ahead and buy a aem especially after reading that.

Alright thanks, il let you know

Yea, It spreaded extremely quick in 2 years. Was gonna attempt to fix it myself this winter but thought since I had the money ide let the pros handle it before I make it worse haha.

IMG_7390.JPG

Broke my collar bone a while back. Pushed me behind on the car, especially since school started and I only get to work on the car on weekends since I'm busy at work or school during the day.

Got a lot of pics so I made different spoilers so it's a bit more organized.

So my interior was pretty much horrible. Cracked dash, centerconsole looked like crap, bezel broken. It bothered the hell out of me. So obviously as mentioned before I tackled this issue by gathering parts.

Brand new oem center console that I got (mentioned earlier). This was a lot more than I wanted to pay but good luck finding this. They stopped producing them a long time ago.
IMG_5186.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

IMG_5192.JPG

Got a mint condition bezel with red bride fabric.
IMG_6608.JPG

IMG_6612.JPG

Brand new oem ashtray
IMG_6416.JPG

IMG_6418.JPG

Dash cover overlay to cover those damn cracks
IMG_5901.JPG

Custom Red SAFC
IMG_5103.JPG

Defi Red Racer oil pressure and water temp gauges.
IMG_6824.JPG

I think I'm forgetting some other stuff but you get the idea. I really want this thing to look really nice. I still need to get the circuit sports fan controller, headliner and Nardi black classic.

My 240 door cards were ugly. I wanted the cool red ricer looking for cards all the cool guys in Japan had.

First step was to remove the vinyl by cutting it up
IMG_7129.JPG

IMG_7151.JPG

Got me a paint gun and this stuff called Dap Cement.
IMG_7126.JPG

IMG_7155.JPG
Poured it in the paint gun
( you have to use a paint gun for it to stick well. If not you come out with a saggy looking door card after a few months) and started spraying the bride fabric and door cards then I layer the fabric on it and pressed it firmly on the door card.
IMG_7152.JPG

Trimmed it (did this like and idiot).
IMG_7157.JPG

IMG_7159.JPG

After I trimmed it there was a huge gap in the inner walls because I trimmed it to short. I was so mad, luckily a girl I was talking to at the time (she stopped texting me >={ ) worked at hobby lobby and said to use this piping.
IMG_7209.JPG

Much better
IMG_7216.JPG

I was wondering where I wanted to have my wideband at cause I hate habing a lot of gauges up. Then I remembered a build I used to follow had his in his clock location in his cluster. So I decided to attempt this

Wideband and cluster without glass
IMG_7360.JPG

Removed speedo

The tacky clock that will be replaced with the wideband
IMG_7380.JPG

Mock up
IMG_7386.JPG

Had to trim my cluster for the wideband to fit
IMG_7387.JPG

Need to get a glue gun and glue it to the clocks old spot. Will update thread when I have it in car to see how it looks

My replicas were fading and they weren't gonna look cool in my car. So I sold them and decided I would get the real deals I guess.

Dude I bought them from sent them through greyhound. I hate going in that station so much but anyway.

Picked it up
IMG_7505.JPG

IMG_7506.JPG

Unraveled it at home, bit dirty but a steam clean can have it looking like new
IMG_7514.JPG

Sister testing it out haha
IMG_7538.JPG

Looking for a bride brix or ergo for the passenger but im struggling to find someone to sell me one. Might just get the recaro sr3 from the type r integra instead

After years of searching I finally got me one =))))))
IMG_7289.JPG

IMG_7291.JPG

Collection so far, need to find a few more Nismo color ways and this bright green HKS jacket.
IMG_7297.JPG

Will be in California next weekend to visit a friend. We talked online on this game a long time ago (back when I had no friends haha). Pretty excited about that.

After that, Ima try to tackle the car pretty hard

Last edited:
Those jackets are awesome.

That's actually quite a nice finishing touch to the door cards with the piping. I find with leather at least you get this nasty bulge at the edge and it looks out of place. With cloth it's less of an issue.
Like I do in architecture, if you can't hide the join, make it stand out.

Those jackets are awesome.

That's actually quite a nice finishing touch to the door cards with the piping. I find with leather at least you get this nasty bulge at the edge and it looks out of place. With cloth it's less of an issue.
Like I do in architecture, if you can't hide the join, make it stand out.

Yea I was really surprised how nice it came out. When I saw it in the store I was thinking it was just gonna make it look weird but I didn't feel like redoing my cards so I got it anyway. I am actually glad I did it this way now lol.

Dang, this is all looking awesome. Your car looks great and I love how the door cards turned out. Good luck to you with your collar bone and tackling the car. It's gonna be amazing and one of a kind once it's all finished.

Dang, this is all looking awesome. Your car looks great and I love how the door cards turned out. Good luck to you with your collar bone and tackling the car. It's gonna be amazing and one of a kind once it's all finished.

Thanks, I broke it in November so Its healed well since then.

Yea kinda can't wait to install everything once it gets warmer

SVX
More Constant Collection buys? :P
Yea haha, I was gonna have the black/red one as well but they outbid me on it. They got a high price on that one and it dosent even have the motor sports challenger on the back.....

Yea haha, I was gonna have the black/red one as well but they outbid me on it. They got a high price on that one and it dosent even have the motor sports challenger on the back.....

Yeah their prices are unfathomably high now. Check out @kyushaautostyling, nice guy and their prices are literally half of CC...

I saw your Instagram story not too long ago. You where in South Pas, just a couple miles north from me :embarrassed:. That was a nice R34 you captured.

This is one damn nice looking 240! Nice work!!
Thanks man.

I saw your Instagram story not too long ago. You where in South Pas, just a couple miles north from me :embarrassed:. That was a nice R34 you captured.

Man I wish you had told me, I wouldn't had mind meeting you. You're like the third person who's told me I was by them after I've left haha.

I've never pulled a u-turn so fast in my life lol. I talked to the owner and apparently it was hulk hogans son old car. It's actually currently up for sale but I forgot the price he had it for.
IMG_7757.JPG

IMG_7758.JPG

I'm trying to move to California after that trip honestly. It was just amazing man. The scenery and the roads were beautiful. A lot of tastefully modified cars as well.

Thanks man.

Man I wish you had told me, I wouldn't had mind meeting you. You're like the third person who's told me I was by them after I've left haha.

I've never pulled a u-turn so fast in my life lol. I talked to the owner and apparently it was hulk hogans son old car. It's actually currently up for sale but I forgot the price he had it for.
View attachment 629349
View attachment 629350

I'm trying to move to California after that trip honestly. It was just amazing man. The scenery and the roads were beautiful. A lot of tastefully modified cars as well.
It was either earlier this year or last year that there are tons of GTR/GTS appearing in California. The only problem that people have with them is smogging.
upload_2017-2-21_15-56-58.png

People have been coming from Washington with them also. ( probably from Canada )

Little Update
29881662160_33b200c53d_o.jpg

So my car starts but runs rough then dies. Changed ignitor, starter, plugs. Checked my cas and it's good. Cleaned maf and bought new connector and still same results.
IMG_8534.JPG

I think it's my fuel pump, I ran it below a 1/4 a few times so I think it went bad because of that. FPR reads only 30 instead of 37 and it's the only thing I can think of now so I hope it makes it run because it's getting warmer and I'm missing out.

Wrapped my glovebox
IMG_8536.JPG

Order rails for the zieg this Tuesday, wanted to see how the seat looks in the car. Honestly can't wait for it to come now haha.
IMG_8518.JPG

IMG_8533.JPG

Had finally got the wideband in my clock position. Waiting for the red led lights for the gauge cluster before I put it back in but they are on backorder til the 28th.
IMG_8535.JPG

Dyed these black, they were a ugly looking grey originally
IMG_8532.JPG

Still will need passenger rails, new steering wheel (the white marine won't look right, looking mainly for a black leather steering wheel either a Nardi Classic, Personal or Monte Carlo), fan controller and headliner before I install everything. Then I can't install it til probably May as finals are coming up =/.

Really hoping this fuel pump is it. My friend got his mr2 back from a shop and I truely miss crusing with him.
IMG_8426.JPG

Last edited:
Almost have everything installed. Won't be putting in the center console until I finish all my wiring. Still need to hook up my defi gauges and safc. Then my splash hub is on back order so I can't install my Nardi until that's back in stock.

It's also been raining non stop so Thats why I haven't been able to start wiring my stuff up.
IMG_8824.JPG

IMG_8883.JPG

IMG_8882.JPG

IMG_8884.JPG

I've never been a fan of quick release hubs but getting inside the car with the zieg is kinda of a hassle with the steering wheel. I have to put the steering wheel on full tilt and still barely get out the seat, but I will admit it is cool doing it. Feels like I'm in a jet or a gundam pilot.

Got the car to run a bit longer and better after changing the injectors but it's still rough. I think it's a big vacuum leak, (if I had my boost gauge wired up I could tell. Might do that real quick). Ima gonna try to sort it out once it stops raining.
IMG_8467.JPG

Seats look awesome. Can't wait to see some video of it running around on a track honestly.

Finished installing all my parts. Wired up all my gauges and my digital fan controller.
IMG_9185.JPG

Love how everything looks at night.
IMG_9363.JPG

IMG_9362.JPG

I got a new Ecu and the car runs much better. My old Ecu maf pin got messed up somehow. However it is still a bit rough, I kept telling myself it has to be a vacuum leak I cannot find because I've literally changed everything and my boost gauge moves around from -5 to -8 when it should be between -17 to -20.

I then did some research and someone mentioned the timing. So I took off my cover and I was a bit shocked.

Looked like it was ready to rip into pieces lol. I should of changed this when I did my waterpump but I was tight on money and didn't look no where as bad as this the last time I saw it.
IMG_9422.JPG

Its pretty bad
IMG_9423.JPG

IMG_9426.PNG

So I need to order a kit to replace it. Unfortunately I have too many other things to worry about this summer. I also made a vow to not spend money on my car for 10 months starting in August. Need to use that money to save for a place of my own since I graduate next year and most likely will be moving to a different state.

I might get it fixed if I sell a few of my old parts but we will see. Was hoping to drive it this summer but looks like it will be sitting for a while. Sucks since I haven't driven it in 8 months but oh well =/.

So yea, this thread won't get updated in a very long time. Hoping to get serious with the exterior next summer.
08A80912-99FE-40F3-A01C-E15A48DF7067.jpg

DADF9C5D-E0B5-479A-91AA-88D2E05DF82E.jpg

Gauges look good being all red but Im biased!
What is making the cam belt get that sort of damage? I can't be 100% sure but my cam belt could have had 240,000km on it and all it had were cracks in it from flexing around the cam and crank pulley teeth.

Gauges look good being all red but Im biased!
What is making the cam belt get that sort of damage? I can't be 100% sure but my cam belt could have had 240,000km on it and all it had were cracks in it from flexing around the cam and crank pulley teeth.

Thanks and I'm not sure if that's normal as well. I googled bad timing belts and didn't see one close to how badly mine was. Will probably ask the 240 forums for their input.

Sold my winter tires that came with my Audi. Used that money to buy the timing belt kit.
IMG_9777.JPG

Was raining a little bit the day I was changing it but didn't care, wanted to get this done
IMG_9781.JPG

IMG_9780.JPG

Andd after sitting for 8 months it finally was moving on its own power properly today. New seats and steering wheel makes it feel some what like a go-kart.

Can't drive it too far. I do not have the fans wired up to my fan controller and I think it's best if I change the oil. Sold one of my ecu's so I'm gonna try to get those things done once I get my money from the ecu.
IMG_9809.JPG

It hasen't been washed in over a year, might give a shot at detailing it.

Back