JSTC400 (GT300) Series! Season 1 Races Complete

• Thread starter alefin
  • 2,696 comments

Would you be in favor of including the Toyota MR-S in the series?

• Yes, please include the Toyota MR-S.

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • No, please don't include the Toyota MR-S.

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
I won't be here for the test race this weekend as I'm at the other half's, will be here for the season opener though.

Lol, took you long enough TnT-2000!

With so much going on around here, I just couldn't find time to practice. I missed racing these little cars. Oh, and you all too I suppose. lol :)

Are we qualifying for Nurburg or just showing up to race?

Last edited:
The Nordschleife spot race on November 3rd has people qualifying, similar to what GTRRL did.

You can just show up, but you'll get put after those people that already qualified.

Have a room open. Please join in. I've been getting high 1:43's in the Silvia. Yet to test other cars.

Fresh I've just sent you a friend request.

I lied, it won't let me send it. Keeps saying timed out, do you have the room number?

Last edited:
Really bad timing, apparently there are some issues with PSN, or maybe it's just me. Having a hard time logging in lol

I had those problems as well. Took me a little bit, but I managed to get logged in. After some testing it seems like the Lexus is the fastest car (literally). All that power makes it a beast on that long straight at Tokyo. It's really quick through the high speed sections as well. BAZZER was able to get to the 1:40.5's with it. I haven't tried it but I'm sure I could go just as low with all that power. I was able to get to the low 1:41's with three other cars. The Celica (at 364hp), the standard RX7 and the standard Impreza. With the premium RX7 I was able to get in the high 1:40's. My best was a 1:40.8, and all the laps (9 in total) were within a half second. So low 1:41's on average.

Won´t Q for the spot Race because the Track is so long and due to that many things can happen (passings, mistakes etc).

Send me an FR alefin or I´l do it (if PSN is the same as GTP nick), so I won´t miss the race :D (My PSN: Sakery)

I'll be signed on all day Friday, and mostly Sunday for open Q sessions for this weekends Nurburg Nord spot race. Hopefully Skeng & some other GMT friends can Q a couple of the GMTer's people while me Seth, Afelin, GTpanoz, and a couple of others can handle North America & Australia. People who can't make qualifing withen the next 27 hrs will have a 1st come 1st grid positons to sort out the back. If more then 16 drivers Afelin & I decided since no points are up for stake here we can split the rooms up evenly to insure everyone has a good race come Saturday Night'

Glad the MR-S is added, it's one of my favorites. A great looking car. IMO it's still too slow (at least compared to the Subaru's and RX7s). It's a good handling car though. I think it will be a mid pack car and wont get much ballast so it may be a 'sleeper'. Saying that, sign me up for the premium RX7.

Now that the Ring is over it time to start crunching some numbers here at Tokyo!

Indeed - What's the final HP for the Celica?

I might switch cars to the (P) Subbie simply because I have a tune on it that makes it feel oh so drift car RWD-like. Decisions decisions..

Last edited:
Celica @ 1180kg/364hp.

These are base balances for these cars so by the end of season 1 we'll have enough info to make the proper balancing adjustments to these cars for season 2'

you know Joe, just as you mentioned this thread to me I was about to release my own version, I had 2 different specs done, if I went SGT300 it would be very close to stock,

then upon research I found that there was a AUDI R8, BMW M3 and corvette, so I up'd the specs to include those,

its hard to say if the spec's worked today as the nature of the ring really sets the men apart from the muppet's, we won't really know how close things are until round 3,

The ring is a one off, unless you really know it and are comfortable with your car there, it shouldn't be used as a base. Tokyo will be a lot closer, and funner IMO.

Did a 41.4 in the Premium Subbie - with a high transmission (180MPH+). Once transmission is fixed, I could probably dip below into the 40's

Thats around what I'm getting. I think turns 4-5 are where a good amount of time can be had or lost. That part can ruin your lap if you go too wide.

1.40.5 is the time to aim for at the minute, although it was a sweet lap and not east to replicate regularly.

Less than a week until series starts. Specs are locked.

Please don't forget to qualify. If you schedule when you want to qualify in advance, I can be online whenever.

Only just noticed this rule -

"The "Race Delay" timer will be set to 180 seconds, but once the winner passes the checkered flag and the timer pops up, everyone's final position is locked. You may still continue racing for extra GT5 credits, mileage or whatever, but even if you pass people during this 180 seconds, your official race position for points will not change."

What is your thinking behind this? I'm just curious.

Good question. Usually I wouldn't mind if people continued racing, but there are been some issues before with the CPU controlled drivers getting in the way after the driver has crossed the finish line.

Also makes it easier for me to figure out where people are just by looking at the lap time list in the replay since I only have to pay attention to the #1 position.

Back