crash27wwjd
18685571574_616b92ba35_z.jpg

Welcome to:

July Car of the Month!

Featuring:

AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
&
Cuda 440 Six Pack '71

Another month, and another recommendation received. This time from the Birthday Boy, @DaBomm4!
So as we get ready to celebrate our nations Indepence here state side, we shall have a go with some old school American Muscle. Rivalries are big in American Sorts and Motorsports alike, Yankees/Red Sox, Packers/Bears, Lakers/Celtics, Duke/UNC, and Ford vs. Chevy. But each has another sitting on the sidelines waiting for their turn, which brings us to Hemi Powered Mopars! Plymouth's Muscle Car answer to Ford and Chevy. What can you do with them and how will you tune them? That is up to you, so strap in and hang on because these brothers are ready to fight back!

Last edited:
19121939749_0102bb3756_z.jpg

"The Tunes"
By @shaunm80 :
Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 500pp SH
Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 500pp SS
AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 500pp SS

By @DaBomm4 :
AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 550pp SH-SS
Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 550pp SH-SS

By Bowtie-muscle :
Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 500pp SH-SS
AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 525pp SM-SS

By @Ridox2JZGTE :
AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel 475-500pp (click to expand)

BY @sinof1337 :
AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel 550pp SS
Cuda 440 Six Pack 550pp SS

By @fordracer :
AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel 500pp SS
Cuda 440 Six Pack 550pp SS

BY @Burned_Rubber :
AAR Cuda Six Barrel 550pp SS

Last edited:
Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 (500PP SS)

Link here

Primarily tuned on Big Willow but should work on a variety of tracks.

willow-springs-international-raceway_-big-willow_2-jpg.396642
I had already ran this tune at Willow Springs, and was more than satisified. Checked the tune and noticied I had changed the oil. Oh well, we'll try it anyway. ( cut the power limiter back till I had 500pp, couldn't tell the difference). Tested on DS3, ABS1, all other aids off.

First track was Rome, the National A, 500pp Clubman. What a fun drive. The car handled very well. Good grip and brakes, not too much tire spin under acceleration. Respect the weight, gentle on the curbs, fun ride. The rear will step out if you get a little rough. Fun win.

Next I went to Silverstone, the National A, N/A sports race. What a blast. Natural, instinctive, consistent, reliable, and wonderful balance sums this car up here. Sure it wasn't tuned here!? :) Just the right amount of slide, perfect rotation, just be gentle with the gas on the low speed corners. Sweet Ride. Fun win. Solid 10. Great Job!

Here are some of my tunes for these amazing cars. Great choice :)

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 (500PP SH)

Tuned for a previous seasonal event on a short track, May need to readjust final gear depending on track choice you use.

Link here

cudaimg1-jpg.215239

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 (500PP SS)

Link here

cuda500ppssimg1-jpg.227983

Hadn't drove this car in GT6, had a lot of fun with it in GT5. Bought it, set it to Shaunm80's tune, and off to Rome. Same race and driver settings as the AAR Cuda above.

Should have put a taller rear gear in, didn't and would hit the rev limiter on the long straights. The car still won. I think the balance, grip, and brakes on this car are brilliant, after all, it IS a BIG block car. Handles like a dream. What I lacked in power and raw speed, I made up for with shorter brake zones and being able to carry way more speed through the corner. Another solid 10. Well done Sir.

Off to Silverstone. New I needed more speed, so I put a 3:30 final in the trans. The car was out classed in the power dept. However, nothing could even come close in the corners. I did win, but had to push right to my limits. This tune took it and asked for more. Fun drive and another great tune. Well done.

I had already ran this tune at Willow Springs, and was more than satisified. Checked the tune and noticied I had changed the oil. Oh well, we'll try it anyway. ( cut the power limiter back till I had 500pp, couldn't tell the difference). Tested on DS3, ABS1, all other aids off.

First track was Rome, the National A, 500pp Clubman. What a fun drive. The car handled very well. Good grip and brakes, not too much tire spin under acceleration. Respect the weight, gentle on the curbs, fun ride. The rear will step out if you get a little rough. Fun win.

Next I went to Silverstone, the National A, N/A sports race. What a blast. Natural, instinctive, consistent, reliable, and wonderful balance sums this car up here. Sure it wasn't tuned here!? :) Just the right amount of slide, perfect rotation, just be gentle with the gas on the low speed corners. Sweet Ride. Fun win. Solid 10. Great Job!
Hadn't drove this car in GT6, had a lot of fun with it in GT5. Bought it, set it to Shaunm80's tune, and off to Rome. Same race and driver settings as the AAR Cuda above.

Should have put a taller rear gear in, didn't and would hit the rev limiter on the long straights. The car still won. I think the balance, grip, and brakes on this car are brilliant, after all, it IS a BIG block car. Handles like a dream. What I lacked in power and raw speed, I made up for with shorter brake zones and being able to carry way more speed through the corner. Another solid 10. Well done Sir.

Off to Silverstone. New I needed more speed, so I put a 3:30 final in the trans. The car was out classed in the power dept. However, nothing could even come close in the corners. I did win, but had to push right to my limits. This tune took it and asked for more. Fun drive and another great tune. Well done.
Thank you for the reviews. You really put them through their paces. I am glad you enjoyed these cars. The AAR is a new tune where as the Six Pack is a fairly old tune. That must mean that my tuning style hasn't changed much recently.

I do love these american cars. They sometimes make it difficult to get a all round tune on them but once you find one, they are amazing to drive.

What do you think about cranking.up the power on the 440 to about 550pp Shaunm? Think the suspensions settings will handle it?
It might not be as smooth if you just increase the power. It would probably require a slight tinker of the suspension and LSD to make it drive in the same style. What tyre range would you want the 550PP on? SH or SS? I can give this range a go and see what I can do with it.

I was running SS. Was thinking some people might want/need more power to pull the taller gears for some of these career races. If the suspension would handle it....would make a super versital , fun , yet competive all around car, for those times you just need a change

I was running SS. Was thinking some people might want/need more power to pull the taller gears for some of these career races. If the suspension would handle it....would make a super versital , fun , yet competive all around car, for those times you just need a change
I will get the 440 back out the garage and see what I can do with more power then. :)

Oh, totally unrelated to this CoTM. The Chevy Camaro CoTM from a few months back, for anyone who tuned up a car to 550PP on SH tyres for that event, they may find that tune very useful on the Beginners' event today. I just won using my own 550PP tune on that race. Great fun overtaking Jag XJ220's and Ferrari 458s with a '69 Chevy. :)

Ok boys, I have 2 cars ready and am hoping to post tonight. Took the suspensions in totally different directions to see which others find more appealing. Kind of my own beta testing, I know which I prefer but curious as to what others think. 440 at 500pp, AAR at 525pp, both are better on SS but the 440 can run SH, 340 AAR SM.

If I don't get stuck working late again, will do it tonight. And get @shaunm80 tunes linked, @fordracer links for reviews up as well.

Built this tune for @danbojte for online race with very fast tire wear at Big Willow and was raced at Bathurst, and Chamonix if I remember correctly :)

Plymouth CUDA AAR Six Barrel '70
Online Race 475PP + 500PP

Special Build CUDA AAR for Online Race
Sports Medium to Racing Hard

View attachment 297185
First race, first lap, second corner - The Winning overtake

CAR : Plymouth Cuda AAR 340 Six Barrel '70
Tire : Sports Medium to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 348 HP at 5500 RPM
Torque : 376.6 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1300 kg
Ballast : 24 kg
Ballast Position : 20
Weight Distribution : 56 / 44
Performance Points: 475

Specs 500PP
Horsepower: 418 HP at 5800 RPM
Torque : 428.9 ft-lb at 4300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1300 kg
Ballast : 24 kg
Ballast Position : 20
Weight Distribution : 56 / 44
Performance Points: 500

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Aero Kits Type A
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : Sassy Grass Green

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Engine Tuning Stage 1 ( ONLY FOR 500PP )
Catalytic Converter Sports ( ONLY FOR 500PP )
Adjustable LSD
Adjustable Suspension
Adjustable Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - EIBACH Springs
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 130 130
Spring Rate: 4.46 3.57
Dampers (Compression): 2 4
Dampers (Extension): 4 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 1.0 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.07 0.00

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom Ratio 475PP
Install power parts
Reset Default
Set Final to 3.230
Set Auto Max Speed to 320kmh / 199mph
Set each gear :
1st 3.045
2nd 2.101
3rd 1.550
4th 1.208
5th 1.000
Final : 3.230 - 3rd gear good for holding the long curve, if wanted more acceleration, use 3.450 / top speed at 174mph / 280kmh :D

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom Ratio 500PP
Install power parts
Reset Default
Set Final to 3.230
Set Auto Max Speed to 330kmh / 205mph
Set each gear :
1st 3.045
2nd 2.101
3rd 1.550
4th 1.208
5th 1.000
Final : 3.230 - 3rd gear good for holding the long curve, if wanted more acceleration, use 3.450 / top speed at 186mph / 299kmh :D

LSD - 1.5 Way LSD
Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Built for online race with 475PP limit, Sports Medium and very fast tire wear.
The car was tuned at Big Willow, aiming for consistent 1:24s lap online with very fast tire wear, 5 laps sprint race. 1:23s offline tested, flat out on 3rd gear at the 2nd corner @ 100mph.

A multiple winner in the hands of @danbojte online, picture for the car above also courtesy of danbojte, the 1st win on the 1st race, 2nd corner, winning overtake :D

UPDATE : Added 500PP version, and transmission for both.

Back