June Car Pack Thread – Mountain Dew Car Pack Revealed

• Thread starter neddyie118
  • 150 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

MOD EDIT: Original post containing the pre-release teasers found below.

Clue 1: You’ve got to trust your instinct.

Clue 2: Do you remember when you first got your own car?

Clue 3: “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

Clue 4: The clue thread clues are the closest thing to randomness you will ever find.

Clue 5: No matter what you think of it, it is still a star!

Clue 6: There weren’t a lot of gizmos back in the day but you could still easily get cut off.

Clue 7: Somewhat of a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clue 3 is about Mike Tyson, who notably owned a 964 Speedster and an Aston Lagonda, both of which would be extremely cool.

The clues are even more vague than usual this month... and I think I say that everytime.

Last edited:
Clue 3 is about Mike Tyson, who notably owned a 964 Speedster and an Aston Lagonda, both of which would be extremely cool.
In the official Forza forum a lot of people are actually thinking about Bentley for Clue 3. Don't know Mike Tysons car history, but apparently he always was a big fan of Bentley?

In the official Forza forum a lot of people are actually thinking about Bentley for Clue 3. Don't know Mike Tysons car history, but apparently he always was a big fan of Bentley?
Sure.

sf2-balrog-stage.jpg

See?

Someone on FM.net said something about how clue #3 could also be related to that skit Top Gear did, The Interceptors, and the car could be the Jensen Interceptor, which would be even cooler.

1: Spyker C8
2: VW Corrado
3: No idea
4: VW Microbus
5: Chevy Nova, Chevy Vega, Chevy Astro, or Mitsubishi Eclipse. Leaning towards Vega.
6: Alfa Romeo Spider Kamm tail
7: Non-Mitsubishi DSM of some sort. Dodge Stealth or Chrysler Conquest I'm betting.

Last edited:
A little off-topic, but don't they have a barn find with every pack?

I think there's been 2 without one, the very first car pack and than whatever one came out the same month as the Penske-Lola.

Diamond in the rough. Wonder if this might be the Starion with new rally parts?

I'm not feeling this pack... A large part of that is down to it being outside of the car pass and nothing really surprising me (they're all from the leaked list.)

Why the same '95 Eclipse we always had before including FM6 is here as DLC is beyond me. Apart from weird legal reasons that would imply this way the only way or so (go figure...) it doesn't make any sense at all...

Hmm to be honest, the only cars that interest me in this pack are the Eclipse and the F50 (but then again I probably won't use it much). The Dart a little maybe. Otherwise.. well they'll be used when I race with my friend with mostly stock vehicles, but still.

This pack has too much more of the same if you ask me. Another Eleven and F50, and I'm tempted to also say another Pacer and Charger. This leaves the Vega and FX Sedan as the only cars that feel new and unique, but neither of the two interest me. Finally, why are they suddenly selling cars from previous Xbox One games as DLC? It's really discouraging and pointless to see the Eclipse GSX in this pack, especially without the GTO I enjoyed in FM6.

Last edited:
Definitely my least favourite pack. The Ferrari is a cool classic, the Lotus looks fun, and I'm happy about the Holden, but the rest in a bit 'meh' about. The AMC is cool but we've seen it before I'm not at all a fan of returning cars taking pack spots, same goes for the Eclipse which I don't care about in the slightest anyway. I don't mind the Vega, hoping that it might come with some cool customisation options maybe, otherwise I don't really care for it. And lastly the Dart, which to me just just seems like far to much of a 'pedestrian' car to warrant a place in a car pack. It has absolutely no 'X factor' to it, and could've easily been added at launch with me likely not noticing.

The only car that doesn't interest me is honestly the Eclipse as I've seen it in the past Xbox One titles already. I'm actually interested in driving the Dart as I don't often get to drive normal cars in racing games anymore, people are too focused on the current performance cars of the time.

Another thing to add to the Eclipse is that I honestly wished they dropped it in favor of the 1998 GSX Turbo AWD model. The Vega is interesting as I haven't played a racing game that had one of those before, but I do find it odd that Turn10 added the 1971 model over the Cosworth that came out later. That seems to go against their constant trend in the recent years of adding only the most powerful trims of cars.

Personal opinion: Meh (though to be fair Car Packs usually don't interest me in the slightest as the base game has 300+ cars for me to enjoy)

That being said, the Lotus 3-Eleven will be a good lobby car in Forza Motorsport 7. If it's anything like the 2-Eleven it will be a potential leaderboard car ;)

Back