June Car Pack Thread – Mountain Dew Car Pack Revealed

• Thread starter neddyie118
  • 150 comments
It looks ok, not sure if I want to buy it.

Also, I wonder if this means they've finally remodeled the Eclipse as the one they've been using is painfully outdated.

It looks ok, not sure if I want to buy it.

Also, I wonder if this means they've finally remodeled the Eclipse as the one they've been using is painfully outdated.

Nope, it's still the same piece of garbage from FM1, judging by the video and the picure on the website. Dissapointed in that one, really.

The Dart is a happy inclusion for me, as it's somewhat normal. The F50 GT on the other hand couldn't leave me feeling any more meh if it tried. I'm a bit more cerebral in my love of cars than 'it's super fast and red'.

VXR
The Dart is a happy inclusion for me, as it's somewhat normal. The F50 GT on the other hand couldn't leave me feeling any more meh if it tried. I'm a bit more cerebral in my love of cars than 'it's super fast and red'.

I agree VXR I prefer a car that is underpowered rather than a track special but then that's good thing about Forza there's the variety.:cool:

Eh, not the most exciting of Car Packs truth be told.. Not really feeling it.

But I will still purchase it and give them a go.

Can't be many vehicles from the leaked list left.

I must be the odd gamer out since I'm pretty happy with this pack. The Holden, Vega, Gremlin, Dart and 3-Eleven are all interesting to me. The Eclipse is okay, the F50GT makes me yawn.

Hmm... Not a fascinating pack, but I'm glad it has a fair number of "regular" cars. My favorites here have got to be the Dodge Dart, Vega and Eclipse. Can't wait to try these beauties.

Nope, it's still the same piece of garbage from FM1, judging by the video and the picure on the website. Dissapointed in that one, really.

Well, that makes my decision a bit easier. :indiff:

How is the Eclipse okay as paid DLC?

Had it ben the first gen Eclipse, or even the facelifted GS-T I would have been okay with it, but this one is not a diamond in the rough, as they say. Which is a shame, as there's some interesting stuff in the pack.

Edit: I've been thinking about it, and it just does not make any sense to me...

They've given us brand new cars to the series for free via either Barnfinds, Forzathons or random gifts (Continental SS, Tamo Racemo, Volvo 1800ES, Lola T70, the Subaru rally car & the GTA Spano both have a free version), we've had free Porsches out the butt for over a month and a half (arguably none of them are new to the series, but we've had to pay in the past to have them), but I have to pay to get the crappy Eclipse? Who approved that idea?

Last edited:
How is the Eclipse okay as paid DLC?
I was only commenting on it as a car. It's okay. You know how in every DLC there's at least a couple cars that you're not interested in and rarely, if ever, drive? Do you let that stop you from buying the pack and enjoying the other cars you know you're going to enjoy and drive a lot? I don't.

The Eclipse really should have been a Forzathon Prize, not part of a paid DLC.

If we hadn't seen it already in this generation it wouldn't be that big of a deal, however a bit of a dirty move from Turn 10 making us pay for this one again.

Maybe it's because I'm not American that the Dart, Vega and Gremlin just aren't doing it for me, I mean I'm sure they can be fun, but I didn't grow up knowing these cars, but lets see what they can do.

I was only commenting on it as a car. It's okay. You know how in every DLC there's at least a couple cars that you're not interested in and rarely, if ever, drive? Do you let that stop you from buying the pack and enjoying the other cars you know you're going to enjoy and drive a lot? I don't.

No, but three or four cars I'm not interested in usually do stop me from buying a pack. This is especially true when one of the cars is a rehashed model already part of this generation of Forza titles. I do like the Eclipse quite a bit but I have no idea why they would want to release it as paid DLC. Now, I'm willing to let this one slip through because cars like the Bentley Continental Supersport and Volvo 1800 were released as free and entirely new cars to the franchise. It would just look more tasteful if one of those cars were in a car pack and the Eclipse was offered as a Forzathon prize.

Imagine if the leaked Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren and that Plymouth appear in the next two car packs. Then we're approaching a situation where the free cars end up not being free after all. Yes, I do feel entitled to some genuine freebies because Forza has received a fair share of my money over the past couple of years and things like VIP memberships are overpriced if you ask me.

I would purchase the Vega if, while driving in game, the front of the car literally fell off onto the ground.

Otherwise I'm not really interested in a loathsome, languid, emaciated fake muscle car ready for the glue factory. It's not even the still-god-awful, but at least interesting Cosworth version. As a dark, oxidized, and smoggy warning from the protectionist 1970s, the Vega has some merit. Unfortunately, I feel it's more in line with tempting fate, rather than choosing it. The Vega represents all that that is or ever was wrong with the American experiment. The mere fact of it's jingoist existence is troubling enough. The Vega is a vile and hateful thing.

I'm fine with this DLC. More cars added to the game means more reasons for me to keep playing. It's my goal to drive every car in the game, so I'm looking forward to checking these off as soon as I get them.

The F50 GT has been absent since the first Horizon, so I'm eager to drive it again. I hope they throw in the F40 Competizione at some point.

Hmmm... It's a okay pack, not the best but definitely not the worst. Other than both the F50 GT (which I'm to see back in Forza again) and Eclipse, the rest of the cars are pretty cool if you're a fan classic cars (or cars in general). Btw can you still buy the cars separately or....?

I don't get the V8 Vega hate, it's been a weekend warrior's cheap race car option for as long as I can remember. My neighbor down the street used to take his Black one to the track when I was a kid still riding a BMX around the neighborhood. The Eclipse is a popular favorite in the racing game genre, no problems there. The Dodge Dart and the Vauxhall look worthwhile too, while the Gremlin is still ugly after all these years, hideous in fact. If I were to complain about any of the cars in this pack, it would certainly be the Gremlin, but that's only one bad car, imo not a bad pack at all.

I still don't understand why large amount of cars from FM6, road cars speaking, had been removed from FH3? It doesn't make any sense.

This pack? Well i'm crazy enough to say this but I find the Dodge Dart to be the most interesting simply to due being silly and "everyday ish" car. In fact, that's why I loved the first pack. You know, the one with the Crown Vic in it?
And also the Holden FX comes close second.

As much as I love the car list of FH3, I still find it annoying how supercars, hyper cars and track day cars seems to be the one dominating the list. C'mon, give me a Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo or Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo or Toyota MR2 GTS or 2000 Pontiac Firebird or 1967 1969 Mercury Cougar...etc over another newer variation of a jaguar or bmw that already exist or even countless amount of supercars that i'm not interested in.

Am I the only one who is excited about the Dart? I was actually thinking of getting it as my second car after my first lease was up.

So what happened to the "built from the ground up" spiel? Was that only for Forza Motorsport 5, because if so it was a stretch then as well...

As for the pack itself, I'll take a pass as the only two things worth interest are the F50 GT and the 3-Eleven. One of those I can take for a spin in AC and get more enjoyment out of it, and the other....I'll just wait for FM7.

I too see value in this pack, value which it seems that most others do not. The Dart can be turned into a rallycross car or a replica of the SRT4 concept. The eclipse might have some cool customuzation options. The F50 GT and the 3-Eleven look like great track cars. As for the Vega and the FX Sedan, I might find something to do with them, but I don't know. Lastly, the Gremlin is cool simply because my dad drove one many years ago. Overall a pretty good car pack. Plus, the barn find (if there is one) might be cool.

Back