June car pack

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
Spy shots are being released and I've looked through a chunk of the list and so far we have

1. 2010 Morgan Aero Supersport (A 508)
2. 2010 Subaru Legacy B4 2.4 GT (Japanese version) (D 339)
3. 2010 BMW X6 M (C 416)
4. 2010 Mercedes Benz SLK 55 (B 455)
5. 2010 Ford Fusion Sport (E 240)
6. 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 (D 313)
7. 2010 Lotus Evora T124 (S 650)
8. 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (D 293)
9. 2010 Bertone Mantide (S 648)
10. 2010 Peugeot 308 RC-Z (E 273)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be buying it just because the jeep is it it. I drive a grand cherokee but not the SRT8 model. I wonder if their going to release another track pack soon.

Gotta say Forza 3 was a 50$ for new tracks over Forza 2, then another 50$ in DLCs to get new cars too. This is so wrong.

It isn't like you're being forced to buy the DLC. At least T10 is nice enough to release a new car pack every month for $5, rather than waiting three months then releasing DLC for $10 like everyone else. Spending five years to develop one game is wrong(you know who i'm talking about), releasing DLC isn't.

So from Forza 2 to 3 you get no new cars unless you pay more and they are nice? I don't know how bad you feel about the 5 years developement, but I sure believe releasing half finished products is worst. Btw, I prefered Forza 1 to GT4, I liked the 2nd, but I can tell a ripoff when I see one wich the 3rd is, or maybe the 2nd was Forza 3 Prologue, either way.

So from Forza 2 to 3 you get no new cars unless you pay more and they are nice? I don't know how bad you feel about the 5 years developement, but I sure believe releasing half finished products is worst. Btw, I prefered Forza 1 to GT4, I liked the 2nd, but I can tell a ripoff when I see one wich the 3rd is, or maybe the 2nd was Forza 3 Prologue, either way.

When i saw i couldnt get my RX-7 Spirt R it was a complete let down 👎 Forza3 is a good game, but still was defiantly rushed IMO.

You mean other then the Veyron, the 8C Competizione, the Renault 5 Turbo, R8 V10, and Reventon? And those are just to name a few of the cars before DLC even came into play.

Spending five years to develop one game is wrong (you know who i'm talking about), releasing DLC isn't.

Right...most great games nowadays take about 5 years to make when you're a smaller developer and you have 1000+ cars or whatever. EA is massive and they have the money and man power to make a NFS game every year. (or three...or four....) and Turn 10 didn't make a game as big as some of the others. I mean it's taken Atari over 5 years to make TDU2 because of it's massive size and scale. GT5 is taking so long because 1, Kazunori is a perfectionist, 2 they're not as big as Microsoft and Turn 10, and 3, the game is bigger than FM3.

But look at God of War and Uncharted and Gears of War and the others big titles. Good, quality work takes time. I'm sure if T10 were to make a game with 1000 cars and 70 plus tracks, they'd take about five years, as well.

Gotta say Forza 3 was a 50$ for new tracks over Forza 2, then another 50$ in DLCs to get new cars too. This is so wrong.

It's not just Forza, it's every game. I bet you $20 GT5 is the same way. It's the industry standard.

And this car pack is OK, I like the Morgan but that's about all that really makes me want to buy it.

What I don't really understand is Forza 3 (or any Forza for that matter) has used either of the Xbox's potential cap; what are they scoping for? Are they trying to minimize the wait between games, or are they waiting for a more flexible platform.

Because as it stands, Forza 2 and 3 look well below of what the 360 is capable of; 3 not so much because of the visual improvements...but neither of them have the content that would make the 360 sweat.

Just a side complaint:

Why hasn't there been a CLK63 AMG Black Series yet. I mean, the SLK55 is cool or whatever... But I want the big coupe, man. Feels good.

yeah, people were complaining about the Merc C63, SLS and the new Mclaren (whatever it's called). I still am not sold on the idea of seeing the SLS. And it it was mentioned in a rumored list. I would assume that that list appeared before Mercedes announced their partnership with Polyphony. In which case, Turn 10 might have been planning to put it in, (and they still might), but PD beat them to it. But we might see the SLS in the 2010 Christmas Pack. After GT5 is finally out.

It's not just Forza, it's every game. I bet you $20 GT5 is the same way. It's the industry standard.

where is the free stuff? Wouldn't it be nice to give back to the community that is spending millions on these car packs? I personally would prefer a large expansion that adds gameplay as well as loads of content. Give me a 30-40 car expansion with 5 tracks and new gameplay modes. I'd pay $30 for that. Also its not an industry standard as some other games offer good content for free, its Microsoft's(and EA but they are doing better now) standard.

Even if GT5 is the same way it already has more content for only $60. and the game has yet to be seen in its full glory.

YSSMAN I'm wondering why the C63 wasn't included. It was sad seeing the only way to hear the AMG 6.2L was in the ML63

This is ironic considering GT5 is already being boasted by its fans to include all of GT4's previous cars, so over 2/3rd of its content is already on my GT4 disc....
You GT folks on here are so quick to condemn other games for what GT is doing as well, but it's ok because you've waited 5 years for it.

As for the pack, I'll probably pass. I know a lot of folks will be happy for the SRT8 though.

And for those of us wanting the Balaboni, SLS, MP4, etc., Turn10 will probably end up putting those out months from now.

Way to show your ignorance, lets lots of new cars, like 100 new and theres a lot more than 2 new locations.
Clearly you have no idea what are you talking about.

And finally no one force you buy the DLC, while us the fans of this game enjoy the new content.

by the way, playing >>>> waiting.

yeah, people were complaining about the Merc C63, SLS and the new Mclaren (whatever it's called). I still am not sold on the idea of seeing the SLS. And it it was mentioned in a rumored list. I would assume that that list appeared before Mercedes announced their partnership with Polyphony. In which case, Turn 10 might have been planning to put it in, (and they still might), but PD beat them to it. But we might see the SLS in the 2010 Christmas Pack. After GT5 is finally out.

The SLS is not mentioned in a rumor list, it was leaked from the browser version of the auction house with many cars more like the EB110, Pegeout 308, Ford GT-R, Bmw X6m and other 18 cars, theres like 2 or 3 of them that havent released yet, so the list is completely true. This was in February, after the GT5 thing so is not exclusive to GT5.

Right...most great games nowadays take about 5 years to make when you're a smaller developer and you have 1000+ cars or whatever. EA is massive and they have the money and man power to make a NFS game every year. (or three...or four....) and Turn 10 didn't make a game as big as some of the others. I mean it's taken Atari over 5 years to make TDU2 because of it's massive size and scale. GT5 is taking so long because 1, Kazunori is a perfectionist, 2 they're not as big as Microsoft and Turn 10, and 3, the game is bigger than FM3.

But look at God of War and Uncharted and Gears of War and the others big titles. Good, quality work takes time. I'm sure if T10 were to make a game with 1000 cars and 70 plus tracks, they'd take about five years, as well.

When you talk about Microsoft, EA and others you need to remember that the one making the games are studios that doesnt have unlimited resources or time.
Forza is quite masive, after TDU must the best biggest car game and i have a news for you, Turn10 is not as big as Polyphony, not even a chance, PD is huge, now Turn10 is growing but still theres a few dozens of diference.

By the way, GT5 is not taking so long because of the number of cars, probably is because Kaz is leading the thing horribly, adding features (still) and wasting time in smalls details, that why he has fail his own time frame (end of 2007) by 3 full years, (GT PSP is another example of this, 5 years for what?) plus why we need 1000 cars, 700 is already stupidly high, why not more tracks instead? 70 tracks is not much (GT5 is cutting locations, from 35 to 20), Forza have 100+ tracks from more than 20 locations.

Last edited:
Look, I'm not going to argue which game is better or argue reasons why GT5 is taking so long. Why can't Forza and GT fanboys just get along.

Also, Just because it's was on a leaked list from the auction house doesn't mean you're ever going to actually see all those cars in a DLC pack. I do believe the Aston Martin DB9-R was in a similar list in Forza 2 and it didn't see the light of day until FM3. TDU had several leaked cars including the Hennessey Viper Venom 1000TT that were never released, as well. All seeing their names in the AH would mean is that Turn10 is messing around with stuff and would love to put it in the game. However, if they can't get the license because someone else has it, then it's not going to be in the game. And, looking at some other games, the remaining ones seem hard to get. I mean the McLaren MP4 is going be in TDU2, but it'll be a limited edition car and will only be driven in clubs. and the SLS is being hyped up by Merc as being in GT5. That's not saying that they won't appear in FM3, but you can't believe everything you see, even if it's leaked.

Look, I'm not going to argue which game is better or argue reasons why GT5 is taking so long. Why can't Forza and GT fanboys just get along.

Also, Just because it's was on a leaked list from the auction house doesn't mean you're ever going to actually see all those cars in a DLC pack. I do believe the Aston Martin DB9-R was in a similar list in Forza 2 and it didn't see the light of day until FM3. TDU had several leaked cars including the Hennessey Viper Venom 1000TT that were never released, as well. All seeing their names in the AH would mean is that Turn10 is messing around with stuff and would love to put it in the game. However, if they can't get the license because someone else has it, then it's not going to be in the game. And, looking at some other games, the remaining ones seem hard to get. I mean the McLaren MP4 is going be in TDU2, but it'll be a limited edition car and will only be driven in clubs. and the SLS is being hyped up by Merc as being in GT5. That's not saying that they won't appear in FM3, but you can't believe everything you see, even if it's leaked.

To be fair your closing sentence holds little to absolutely no water considering every single car off of that list has made it into a pack, and again, to be fair...someone could go so far as to say the Audi R8 V10 wouldn't have a presence in GT, considering Audi and T10 are such good partners at this point, and not to mention said car graces FM3's cover art. Of course we know that makes no sense, no manufacturer is going to sign a single car to one particular game, I don't give a good goddamn how many copies said game can sell with it's proverbial "eyes" closed, and neither do they.

I'm not lashing out on you or anything like that, but you have to realize the SLS is a product vehicle, an immense showcase item...and they'll advertise it as much as they possibly can; now, GT may very well have a bigger chunk of their support, but it begins and ends right there.

Last edited:
where is the free stuff? Wouldn't it be nice to give back to the community that is spending millions on these car packs? I personally would prefer a large expansion that adds gameplay as well as loads of content. Give me a 30-40 car expansion with 5 tracks and new gameplay modes. I'd pay $30 for that. Also its not an industry standard as some other games offer good content for free, its Microsoft's(and EA but they are doing better now) standard.

Hmmm so LittleBigPlanet didn't nickel and dime people with pretty meh content? ModNation will be the exact same way. I don't really play enough PS3 to know about other games but I'm guessing they are there.

It's not jut one game company or one console, it's the industry. The only game that I saw a bunch of free stuff far was Mass Effect 2, and even then they charged for more content then what they gave away.

I don't understand why people are so dead set against DLC. The industry owes the gamers nothing.

Morgan, and SLK make this a day one buy for me.👍 Just hope the SLK's rear maximum tire width can exceed 275 MM. FM3 needs another competitive Mercedes in A class.

These packs are increasingly bad. There is maybe one or two cars from the list I have any interest in at all.

Release the Jalopnik classic car pack already...

;)

Hmmm so LittleBigPlanet didn't nickel and dime people with pretty meh content? ModNation will be the exact same way. I don't really play enough PS3 to know about other games but I'm guessing they are there.

It's not jut one game company or one console, it's the industry. The only game that I saw a bunch of free stuff far was Mass Effect 2, and even then they charged for more content then what they gave away.

I don't understand why people are so dead set against DLC. The industry owes the gamers nothing.

I'm not against it, not against even paying for it. But at least something could be free. And LBP is a horrible analogy. LBP saw free upgrades that are more meaning full than the pay content. And its community driven game that adds infinite gameplay extensions for free. MGS paint gun and water has made a big change to the gameplay by adding two major features to the game. For free.

I'm not talking about industry, just individual games.

I am interested in the SLK55 and Jeep

Morgan, and SLK make this a day one buy for me.👍 Just hope the SLK's rear maximum tire width can exceed 275 MM. FM3 needs another competitive Mercedes in A class.

I would assume so, I would also assume we can put the *gulp AMG 6.2 in it.

I think Microsoft is slowly turning into Nintendo where nothing's free. Also, those of you getting GT5 whenever it comes out, I wouldn't expect many DLC packs. I'm sure there will be, but it'll probably more like what Bizarre Creations did with PG3 and have the packs for sale or you could just buy the cars you wanted.

I think that is something T10 could benefit from. And if not, those who want ALL the DLC content probably only have to wait until a couple months after all the DLC content is released. Then a FM3 Complete Edition will pop up. You can already buy the FM2 Complete Edition that features all the DLC content.

I kinda like the idea of micro purchases in a game like GT or Forza, though. Especially if the way you were to buy them would be to head to a premium show room and and maybe even test drive them. and then you could simply go, "I want that one, that one and that one. The rest I can live without." I think it'd be interesting to see what cars people bought and what cars they left behind.

Last edited:
These packs are increasingly bad.

Really? I thought T10 hit their low point with the R&T pack. Too many land yacht's that really have no place on a track. Was the only pack I completely skipped.

The last two packs weren't great but, the Rossion/Noble M400 from the previous pack was a must. The Spyker is decent in A class. The current pack I was able to find at least 2 possible zingers.

Mazda MX5 Superlight, and maybe the Golf R aside the R&T pack was the lamest of the lame, I thought. Not enough there to make me spend $5.

They should add the new VW Golf Mark VI or the 2012 Mark VII.

But the good news is, all the Continental Tire Challenge cars are in now. (or will be on Tuesday). Would be awesome to have a CTC series on FM3.

There shall be Free DLC for GT5 or no DLC at all... 👍

Just like for GT5-P, they had three spec out released and update everyone for free. And that what it should be for this games.

If the game is unfinished at the release, further contents that are part of the core game should be furnished free. It's their responsibility.

GT is a game with that kind of philosophy... i hope they keep it.
It's the honor for them to make a great quality game for us to enjoy and purchase once.
I dont want to feel like i am going to see the prostitute ... or some kind of drug dealer.

Back