June car pack

Or that's what Microsoft wants them to do. With all the BS MS has put their own gaming system through and all the money they've spent on it, I doubt that they're all that concerned about money.

Maybe, thats a valid point, for example in Forza 2-3 MS didnt let them have the option to save the pictures from the photomode directly into a flashdrive (probably something to do with security or MS wanting to make xbox live even more necesary to enjoy the game).

This car pack is beyond bad, when are they going to release the Jalopnik classics packs?

I believe you've just compromised yourself; first you say it's stupid that you have to pay for DLC (regardless of how many vehicles you want from any respective pack), then you go on to say you hope GT5 has lots of DLC (again, regardless of how many of those vehicles you actually want), free or not.

Which is it?

No, sorry but I didn't say that. Read again. ;)

i'll pass. at this point i cant think of any more road cars i want except for a gallrado lp560-4 spyder (with the top down, the carrera gt looks bad with its top on). id prefer more race cars such as a FIA GT3 Gallrado since we have the GT3 R8 LMs or a proper Blancpain Super Trofeo. After that, more LeMans racers like the toyota TS010 and XJR-14 to go against the 905, the NA P1 Lola coupe, they zytek 09 hybrid, the oreca aim, Formula Le Mans cars, etc.

ive never been a huge fan of group c days, but, a sauber c9 and jaguar xjr-9/12 would be welcome too.

i just wish they would give us a proper old le sarthe instead of current le sarthe minus chicanes.

I would assume so, I would also assume we can put the *gulp AMG 6.2 in it.

No go on the AMG 6.2 swap for the SLK. CLK-GTR's 12 is the only engine swap... Rear tire width only goes up to 275mm. Making it difficult to get to the 6.0 handling sweet spot, in A class. :banghead: Have to use full slicks, and the park bench spoiler to get the SLK to handle for A class.

Not looking to good early on for this pack.

What? No 6.2 but we can squeeze a V12 in? That sounds cool but not realistic or practical or even necessary. Downloading now.

I had the V12 in the E63 and the stock V8 drove better due to the thicker powerband. Had to rev the V12 too much, and that was with turbos.

DUDE! The Jeep SRT8 is only 38,000? For a vehicle that can, stock, keep up with a Viper! That's awesome! And for the price you'd spend to buy a stock Viper, you could make the SRT8 Jeep probably twice as fast. I'd say that little SUV is the best buy out of the entire pack.

You know what would be insane? If four or five people got together and had a drag race between a stock Viper, stock Challenger, stock Charger, maybe a stock 300C and the stock Jeep SRT8. It'd be interesting to see which car came in second...or first....

Last edited:
The stock Jeep isn't going to win to a stock Viper. Not in this game.

And it really doesn't handle too terribly bad with a full weight reduction (3700lbs...lol). I would've won its debut race if the guy in the '05 STI I was passing didn't get pissed and ram me off the road. Then I drove through his passenger door at 160mph at the next chance.

You know what would be insane? If four or five people got together and had a drag race between a stock Viper, stock Challenger, stock Charger, maybe a stock 300C and the stock Jeep SRT8. It'd be interesting to see which car came in second...or first....
I might put this to the test later on tonight.

I'm gonna have to say, Viper, Jeep, Challenger, Charger, 300C.

I forgot, is the Challenger an SRT8 or R/T?

Edit: And it'd be interesting to see the mile run for these cars, including both a regular SRT10 Viper and new ACR to see if the aero comes into play.

Oh, how about throwing a Ram into the mix and the SRT4? :D

Edit: I'm off the the standing mile to see what all of the Chrysler performance vehicles do. I'll post up the results as I get them.

Code:
1. Dodge Viper SRT10        (A573, 500hp, 525tq, 3390lbs) - 29.501@176mph
2. Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR    (S649, 600hp, 560tq , 6408lbs) - 29.700@171mph
3. Dodge Challenger SRT8    (B427, 427hp, 420tq, 4140lbs) - 33.083@156mph
4. Dodge Charger SRT8       (C401, 427hp, 420tq, 4160lbs) - 33.284@155mph
5. Chrysler 300C SRT8       (C407, 425hp, 420tq, 4178lbs) - 33.317@155mph
6. Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (D293, 424hp, 420tq, 4794lbs) - 33.766@150mph
7. Chrysler Crossfire SRT6  (C393, 330hp, 310tq, 3239lbs) - 34.184@149mph
8. Dodge Ram SRT10          (D331, 500hp, 525tq, 5150lbs) - 34.316@145mph
9. Dodge SRT4               (D343, 270hp, 285tq, 2900lbs) - 35.983@143mph

And that does it. Three runs of each car, fastest time is posted. No adjustments made, manual transmission used, automatic clutch.

Last edited:
NICE! So the Jeep isn't the second most powerful vehicle Chrysler makes...although, with less than a second separating the Challenger, Charger, 300, and Jeep, It could be argued that it is. And it IS the fastest SUV/Truck Chrysler makes...'cause the SRT10 Ram is regulated. ('cause if it wasn't, the torque from the Viper engine would warp the frame...and it could compete with the Viper and Dodge can't let that happen.)

In all, I think if you were to drag race 3rd through 8th, you might get some mixed results just from drafting.

And, looking at those times, the classes seem a little off. I mean the Jeep is a D class? and yet it's almost as fast as the Challenger which is in B class. I don't know who thought of these classes, but the Jeep might end up dominating the D-class races. (despite it being rated lower than the SRT10 Ram and SRT4)

On another note: the sad part about that list is that the most fuel efficient car there is probably the Viper at 22mpg.

Last edited:
In regards to classes, you have to realize all the RWD cars spin a little bit off the line, while the Jeep can be launched bouncing off the rev limiter, make a little squeak, and be on its way. And then this is purely for straight line testing, and you can see that the times and speed go hand in hand. It might be worth looking at all the speed ratings Forza gives these cars and see how it compares. If this were in the quarter, I'd say the Jeep would be safely behind the Vipers (and the ACR Viper would be ahead of the convert'.)

Edit: And like I said, at A600 the Jeep was actually pretty damn competitive. Mind your braking points and don't go flat out on high speed kinks (the rear steps out and you'll wind up in the grass, maybe taking out the guy you were passing too). I also have an A600 SRT10 Ram and it can't handle at all, but that has more to do with the 1050hp going to the rear tires.

Fuel efficiency is gonna go to the SRT4 then Crossfire I'm sure. No reason the SRT4 can't manage 30mpg if you stay out of boost.

Last edited:
yeah, I guess that's true.

but with the Viper being the 3rd most fuel efficient, it's still sad...but I still see the Jeep dominating the D class...and maybe the C and B classes. And for 38,000 in game cash, it's probably one of the best deals in the game.

Back