June car pack

There shall be Free DLC for GT5 or no DLC at all... đź‘Ť

Just like for GT5-P, they had three spec out released and update everyone for free. And that what it should be for this games.

If the game is unfinished at the release, further contents that are part of the core game should be furnished free. It's their responsibility.

GT is a game with that kind of philosophy... i hope they keep it.
It's the honor for them to make a great quality game for us to enjoy and purchase once.
I dont want to feel like i am going to see the prostitute ... or some kind of drug dealer.

Well, I'll tell you right now, don't buy GT5.

Really? I thought T10 hit their low point with the R&T pack. Too many land yacht's that really have no place on a track. Was the only pack I completely skipped.

The last two packs weren't great but, the Rossion/Noble M400 from the previous pack was a must. The Spyker is decent in A class. The current pack I was able to find at least 2 possible zingers.

Mazda MX5 Superlight, and maybe the Golf R aside the R&T pack was the lamest of the lame, I thought. Not enough there to make me spend $5.

and I think this one is by far the worst of the packs...

A Jeep?

I think it's bad enough there are so many SUV's in the game in the first place. Now we're getting more?

The Supercar pack was alright, but that's as far as I'll go, until the classic car pack is released.

;)

and I think this one is by far the worst of the packs...

A Jeep?

I think it's bad enough there are so many SUV's in the game in the first place. Now we're getting more?

Someone with their head screwed on straight - finally! :lol:

Look, I'm not going to argue which game is better or argue reasons why GT5 is taking so long. Why can't Forza and GT fanboys just get along.

Also, Just because it's was on a leaked list from the auction house doesn't mean you're ever going to actually see all those cars in a DLC pack. I do believe the Aston Martin DB9-R was in a similar list in Forza 2 and it didn't see the light of day until FM3. TDU had several leaked cars including the Hennessey Viper Venom 1000TT that were never released, as well. All seeing their names in the AH would mean is that Turn10 is messing around with stuff and would love to put it in the game. However, if they can't get the license because someone else has it, then it's not going to be in the game. And, looking at some other games, the remaining ones seem hard to get. I mean the McLaren MP4 is going be in TDU2, but it'll be a limited edition car and will only be driven in clubs. and the SLS is being hyped up by Merc as being in GT5. That's not saying that they won't appear in FM3, but you can't believe everything you see, even if it's leaked.

18 of 21 cars leaked are already released so the big chances they will release the other 3.
The Mclaren MP4-12c is not as difficult to get, shift have it and Tdu2 have it, the car club thing has nothing to do with the license being hard to get.
Before the leak i could think SLS was kind of exclusive but after the list im pretty sure is not.

Btw i dont hate GT5 at all, i love GT franchise, specially the first 3 games, GT5p is nice and i have big hopes for GT5 but i dont like Kazunori and i dont think he is leading the things well (but he has lots of time and a talented team to fix that).

These packs are increasingly bad. There is maybe one or two cars from the list I have any interest in at all.

;)

Thats your opinion but the exotic pack is hugely popular and this is far better than the Road & Tracks pack.

Finally i dont think many of you realise it but Turn10 release something free each month (except in the track pack), we got 3 hyundais for free and each pack comes with a free car.
Thats far more that GT5p contents, it was supose that we will get new contents for that game while they was making GT5 (anyone remember the damage addon?), we just got 3 cars and they autoupdates that almost every other game have. Im very dissapointed about that.

Also, do you really think GT5 is going to have all free DLC? they maybe are going to have something like Forza 3 but the major thing is going to cost some money and if the price is fair like Forza DLCs im all for it too.

Personally, I think a lot of the delay has to do with Sony, not Kazunori. I wouldn't be surprised if the game has been pretty much ready for a while now, as Kaz has mentioned. But Sony probably wants to release it around Christmas time, so, while they're waiting, PD is adding a couple more cars, some more features and fixing bugs and just doing some fine tuning. I would assume the Move and 3D support could have easily been added via update, so I would assume more that it has more to do with what Sony wants.

I'm sure Turn10 would have the same issues if MS decided they wanted PGR5 or FM4 to be released at the end of the year when the game was finished already.

Personally, I think a lot of the delay has to do with Sony, not Kazunori. I wouldn't be surprised if the game has been pretty much ready for a while now, as Kaz has mentioned. But Sony probably wants to release it around Christmas time, so, while they're waiting, PD is adding a couple more cars, some more features and fixing bugs and just doing some fine tuning. I would assume the Move and 3D support could have easily been added via update, so I would assume more that it has more to do with what Sony wants.

I'm sure Turn10 would have the same issues if MS decided they wanted PGR5 or FM4 to be released at the end of the year when the game was finished already.

In this year maybe but all the past time are fault of Kaz, im pretty sure that Sony wanted GT5 before because is a system seller and they didnt have maybe of those. Lets remember this game was going to be release at the end of 2007.
Also if the game is as ready as you think, why the damage is so bad in any video or demo?, also why they start working on it soo late? this game has not follow the time frame and is not Sony´s fault, they needed GT5 in the 2008 and 2009, if it was not released there is because it wasnt finished and they have lots of respect for PD work and let them have they own times.

Kaz is not a god guys, he make mistakes and he has been making a lot of them, specially in the communication, he talks about things in for the future and make statements (like GT4 online, GT5p damage addon, GT5 multiple release dates) and he doesnt fulfill them. Also he says he is a perfectionist but he is only in some aspects but in other he just doesnt care, he is the kind of person who can make paint the sistine chapel roof in all its glory but left a rotten wood floor (like AI in every GT game).

...and that's your opinion.

No.

;)

..... and the opinion of many others because in a poll made in the official site the most popular pack is by far the Exotic pack with 46% followed by the Holiday Pack.

Last edited:
The Exotic pack was my least favorite but thats my opinion.

I am not saying(again) everything needs to be free, just like one pack of decent cars. Where are the tracks?

Last edited:
I think it's stupid that you have to but these packs, even if you maybe only want 1 or 2 cars from it... simply stops me from buying them at all.
Also I hope GT5 will have lots of DLC, free or not, but then they should let you buy stuff separate.

I think it's stupid that you have to but these packs, even if you maybe only want 1 or 2 cars from it... simply stops me from buying them at all.
Also I hope GT5 will have lots of DLC, free or not, but then they should let you buy stuff separate.

No doubt! I was thinking the same thing, charge .50 cent a car, and maybe a dollar or two for the actual download data so when racing againts the cars in the pack they will be viewable.

The Exotic pack was my least favorite but thats my opinion.

And those free cars for Forza? So epic they were...... In comparison Shift gave us free cars that included a new race mode. But then again i guess quantity is more important than quality. The best free update to me was when they finished the game by adding hand shifting.

If you want to call that shifting :lol:, but yea i was happy they at least put some type of shifting animation in the game.

I believe you've just compromised yourself; first you say it's stupid that you have to pay for DLC (regardless of how many vehicles you want from any respective pack), then you go on to say you hope GT5 has lots of DLC (again, regardless of how many of those vehicles you actually want), free or not.

Which is it?

In this year maybe but all the past time are fault of Kaz, im pretty sure that Sony wanted GT5 before because is a system seller and they didnt have maybe of those. Lets remember this game was going to be release at the end of 2007.
Also if the game is as ready as you think, why the damage is so bad in any video or demo?, also why they start working on it soo late? this game has not follow the time frame and is not Sony´s fault, they needed GT5 in the 2008 and 2009, if it was not released there is because it wasnt finished and they have lots of respect for PD work and let them have they own times.

Kaz is not a god guys, he make mistakes and he has been making a lot of them, specially in the communication, he talks about things in for the future and make statements (like GT4 online, GT5p damage addon, GT5 multiple release dates) and he doesnt fulfill them. Also he says he is a perfectionist but he is only in some aspects but in other he just doesnt care, he is the kind of person who can make paint the sistine chapel roof in all its glory but left a rotten wood floor (like AI in every GT game).

The damage wasn't as important as the graphics in the game, and there were, as always, some licensing issues with the damage. And they've actually been working on the damage model since about GT2. They're just now able to implement it, and, as is to be expected, they're were probably some bugs to be ironed out.

The Demos are just that: demos. The reason why we haven't seen a full damage model might simply be because their keeping it a secret for now. Maybe we'll see it at E3. Or it could be because they're fine tuning it.

GT4 Online DID actually appear, but only as a beta.

GT5 wasn't released in 2007 because they were going to release basically GTHD and then make you pay for the rest of it, and everyone complained and so they released GTHD which was basically the Premium version of what they had and began working on a much bigger game.

The damage model in GT is going to be insane and I think the customization will be as well, as they went through the trouble of modeling individual parts and and panels and things.

And yeah, Kaz might be the one to have delayed it partially, but if you remember back when GT2 was released, Sony rushed the release date when the game was only about 90% complete and we got a buggy, MOSTLY done game. Sony didn't rush PD after that. I'm sure Sony would have loved to have it released by now, but they didn't want to release a buggy game. I mean, look at Forza 2. It was pretty buggy when it was first released because MS has a habit of rushing things.

If you ask me, I think Kaz is doing an excellent job of developing. Yeah, the damage update for GT5P never happened, but I think that was for the best. Also, if the game's pretty much done now, that means it's probably been shipped to the US for translating, already. I wouldn't be surprised to see a global release for GT5. And if we do get the Track Editor for GT5, that probably wouldn't take a couple days to make, either. I think when it comes out, GT5 will be well worth the wait...as has the other GT games...as has Forza.

Good things take time.

now...enough of the GT talk. this is a Forza thread.

I do not think GT5 will have a lot of DLC but its going to be there. Problem is PD is Japanese and they may not recognize the type of cars we want. On that side of things turn10>PD

This is just crap. Some of the cars are good, but I feel that Forza is missing a lot. I hope that July's car pack is some sort of "JDM legends" pack, which features tuned cars like the RE Amemiya RX-7, the MCR GT-R R34 (they have the Mine's GT-R R34, so why not?) and, hell, throw in the EK9 Type R and a Spoon version too.

I do not think GT5 will have a lot of DLC but its going to be there. Problem is PD is Japanese and they may not recognize the type of cars we want. On that side of things turn10>PD

Are you serious? 1st of all the game is going to have 1000+ cars so DLC prob wont be a factor in the beginning. Also the part about PD may not recognize the type of cars we want is bogus in my opinion.

No doubt! I was thinking the same thing, charge .50 cent a car, and maybe a dollar or two for the actual download data so when racing againts the cars in the pack they will be viewable.

If you download the free car you can see all the other cars, really guys, i dont know why complain so much if you dont even have a clue of what you are talking about.

Also i think they dont sell cars individually because in their business plan they are thinking that if they sell a car for 60 or 100 point they could make less that selling them as a pack, if you were a company what do you prefer? sell 400 points or 200 points?

But whatever, i find the 400 points quite fair, especially compared with lots of other DLC around.

If you download the free car you can see all the other cars, really guys, i dont know why complain so much if you dont even have a clue of what you are talking about.

Also i think they dont sell cars individually because in their business plan they are thinking that if they sell a car for 60 or 100 point they could make less that selling them as a pack, if you were a company what do you prefer? sell 400 points or 200 points?

But whatever, i find the 400 points quite fair, especially compared with lots of other DLC around.

Ah, but that's the thing. You Sell a pack for 100points, you might sell more than if you sell it for 400pts. Same thing if you sell individual cars for like 5-10 points. With a lot of these packs, it would seem that a lot more people would fork out the money if they could decide which car they want. Also, Microsoft NEEDS some way to get rid of access MS points to avoid another lawsuit.

Wait a sec so if i did not pay for the DLC car pack i can still see the cars if racing against them?

The damage wasn't as important as the graphics in the game, and there were, as always, some licensing issues with the damage. And they've actually been working on the damage model since about GT2. They're just now able to implement it, and, as is to be expected, they're were probably some bugs to be ironed out.

The Demos are just that: demos. The reason why we haven't seen a full damage model might simply be because their keeping it a secret for now. Maybe we'll see it at E3. Or it could be because they're fine tuning it.

GT4 Online DID actually appear, but only as a beta.

GT5 wasn't released in 2007 because they were going to release basically GTHD and then make you pay for the rest of it, and everyone complained and so they released GTHD which was basically the Premium version of what they had and began working on a much bigger game.

The damage model in GT is going to be insane and I think the customization will be as well, as they went through the trouble of modeling individual parts and and panels and things.

And yeah, Kaz might be the one to have delayed it partially, but if you remember back when GT2 was released, Sony rushed the release date when the game was only about 90% complete and we got a buggy, MOSTLY done game. Sony didn't rush PD after that. I'm sure Sony would have loved to have it released by now, but they didn't want to release a buggy game. I mean, look at Forza 2. It was pretty buggy when it was first released because MS has a habit of rushing things.

If you ask me, I think Kaz is doing an excellent job of developing. Yeah, the damage update for GT5P never happened, but I think that was for the best. Also, if the game's pretty much done now, that means it's probably been shipped to the US for translating, already. I wouldn't be surprised to see a global release for GT5. And if we do get the Track Editor for GT5, that probably wouldn't take a couple days to make, either. I think when it comes out, GT5 will be well worth the wait...as has the other GT games...as has Forza.

Good things take time.

now...enough of the GT talk. this is a Forza thread.

You missed the whole point, you said that GT5 delays are Sony´s fault and Kaz probably have the game ready but, if so why the damage is so bad and why he said at the begining of this year that the damage was the result of 2 months of work, that makes no sences unless you DONT have the game ready, damage should be done quite few months before the game release.

So thats make me think that your point of view is wrong, PD is actually is still working in key features and the game is not as ready as you think.

Btw, translating a car game is not a big task, how many pages of text do you think it has compared with an RPG or any game with a story?

In my opinion is most of his fault, he is the one saying diferent time frames for the last 4 years and failling to meet them.

Finallly, please dont count that lame smal beta as the GT4 online, he did not promise a beta, he promised a GT4 online mode as an addon, did we recieve anything? no. Same goes for the GT5p damage addon and same goes for the countless "GT5 is coming soon in X of the Y year".

Ah, but that's the thing. You Sell a pack for 100points, you might sell more than if you sell it for 400pts. Same thing if you sell individual cars for like 5-10 points. With a lot of these packs, it would seem that a lot more people would fork out the money if they could decide which car they want. Also, Microsoft NEEDS some way to get rid of access MS points to avoid another lawsuit.

Exactly bro i cant buy a pack when i like 2 cars out of ten. So now microsoft gets no money from me, however with individual cars to purchase i would have spent the money to get the cars i like.

TDU and Forza started a new thing: The Free Data Car. One car out a pack will be available for free and with that one car, you get all the data for the other cars in the pack, so when you race against them, you can see them and not the default car.

TDU and Forza started a new thing: The Free Data Car. One car out a pack will be available for free and with that one car, you get all the data for the other cars in the pack, so when you race against them, you can see them and not the default car.

Never knew that good job on Forza and TDU part! đź‘Ť Now i will do my downloading!!

Ah, but that's the thing. You Sell a pack for 100points, you might sell more than if you sell it for 400pts. Same thing if you sell individual cars for like 5-10 points.

Maybe yes, maybe no but maybe people would buy the 2 cars they like instead of the whole pack. I think they have done some research about this, its their business plan, if you dont like it, so be it. But if they are not doing it its because they think they will make less.
PGR did what you wanted and maybe they know already the results of that.

Wait a sec so if i did not pay for the DLC car pack i can still see the cars if racing against them?

Exactly, all you have to do is download the free car, it contains all the data you need to see every car.

*shrug* I think it the money made completely depends on several factors. However, I think doing the PGR thing and having the packs AND the individual cars for sale is a great idea. NFS does the same thing. It allows you to buy the entire pack, or just the cars you want. That way, you make money the most money. 'cause there are people who simply want ALL the cars and will buy the packs, and then there are people who want only a couple of the cars and just buy the ones they want.

.... and the opinion of many others because in a poll made in the official site the most popular pack is by far the Exotic pack with 46% followed by the Holiday Pack.

That's not exactly relevant.

I still think this is the worst pack.

;)

*shrug* I think it the money made completely depends on several factors. However, I think doing the PGR thing and having the packs AND the individual cars for sale is a great idea. NFS does the same thing. It allows you to buy the entire pack, or just the cars you want. That way, you make money the most money. 'cause there are people who simply want ALL the cars and will buy the packs, and then there are people who want only a couple of the cars and just buy the ones they want.

As a consumer i would like cars released individually too, since i havent seen any sale numbers of PGR, Forza or NFS DLC i cant tell you if is better or not, but i guess if they are not doing it is because they did some kind of research and choose the pack method instead of the individual + pack method.

Seriously? You think they are basing damage in GT5 off something that has been in the works since 1999?

No. They've said that they rebuild their games from scratch nowadays, so, with that, you'd build a brand new damage model, as well. But you'd at least learn stuff from the stuff you don't use and I bet it gets easier every time. Kaz once said that they were testing SEVERAL different damage models for GT5 and were simply trying to pick the right ones. (yes that's plural..All cars in GT5 will have some sort of damage model, it's just that some will have more deformation than others.)

The_Paladin
As a consumer i would like cars released individually too, since i havent seen any sale numbers of PGR, Forza or NFS DLC i cant tell you if is better or not, but i guess if they are not doing it is because they did some kind of research and choose the pack method instead of the individual + pack method.

Or that's what Microsoft wants them to do. With all the BS MS has put their own gaming system through and all the money they've spent on it, I doubt that they're all that concerned about money.

Latest Posts

Back