Just a quick question.

• Thread starter GreazyTee
  • 105 comments
Greazy, if the car you're drifting with is too slow, then surely you must be able to beat it when it's your turn to lead.

Of course it's annoying when you're stuck behind some '80s Nissan, but if you just stay behind the guy until it's your turn to lead, shouldn't you get the win? If the cars are as slow as you say they are, then you should be able to smoke them 50% of the time. The other 50% can be achieved through light braking during transitions or something similar to that.

Just a thought.

Greazy, if the car you're drifting with is too slow, then surely you must be able to beat it when it's your turn to lead.

Of course it's annoying when you're stuck behind some '80s Nissan, but if you just stay behind the guy until it's your turn to lead, shouldn't you get the win? If the cars are as slow as you say they are, then you should be able to smoke them 50% of the time. The other 50% can be achieved through light braking during transitions or something similar to that.

Just a thought.

Nope. They don't judge speed as a factor anymore. I get what you are saying though.

Thing is there is a level to slowness which you can Left foot brake. Go past that and you will just stall. That is what I'm getting at!

Nope. They don't judge speed as a factor anymore. I get what you are saying though.

Thing is there is a level to slowness which you can Left foot brake. Go past that and you will just stall. That is what I'm getting at!

Oh I see, so leaving the competitor doesn't do you any good. That's a shame...

I was just following an AE86 in a public drift lobby and I could do nothing. You can't pass them, you can't tandem with them, you can't even drift solo. So yeah, I see what you mean. I've found that some cars allow you to left foot brake longer than others, is that to do with torque, chassis or momentum? It's just something I've been thinking about recently.

I know this is off topic, but about the idea of one-make competitions - let's do it. I can make a thread and it could be a different car every week. Maybe the lobby can be hosted on Fridays? I just want to let you guys know that I'm definitely up for it, so if we can get a few more people to agree, we could make this a proper competition that can reach out to GT6.

I was just following an AE86 in a public drift lobby and I could do nothing. You can't pass them, you can't tandem with them, you can't even drift solo. So yeah, I see what you mean. I've found that some cars allow you to left foot brake longer than others, is that to do with torque, chassis or momentum? It's just something I've been thinking about recently.

I know this is off topic, but about the idea of one-make competitions - let's do it. I can make a thread and it could be a different car every week. Maybe the lobby can be hosted on Fridays? I just want to let you guys know that I'm definitely up for it, so if we can get a few more people to agree, we could make this a proper competition that can reach out to GT6.

Yeah, It's more to do with torque/power to push against the brakes! Momentum also as you said

This comp sounds great. But I have something planned for GT6

I'm down for the one make comp. I think it would be alot more fun than most of these other comps.

I'm down for the one make comp. I think it would be alot more fun than most of these other comps.

Right? I think we need at least 5 people to be able to make this a proper competition though, so do you know anyone who may be interested?

I'm not talking slammed cars. I can't give you an example because you can make any car stupid slow Tbh.

My issue is, they allow the super slow cars and when they pretty much force you to stall or straighten, we get the blame. Stupid IMO
You're point doesn't even make sense. If you're a good drifter you just do a slow run behind them in your faster car and get really close with a bunch of angle. Then on the lead run you go balls out really fast, loads of angle and leave em behind. Why do you think everyone runs fast cars in comps?

You've genuinely started a thread suggesting that slow cars should be banned from competitions? I've don't even know... :guilty:

You're point doesn't even make sense. If you're a good drifter you just do a slow run behind them in your faster car and get really close with a bunch of angle. Then on the lead run you go balls out really fast, loads of angle and leave em behind. Why do you think everyone runs fast cars in comps?

You've genuinely started a thread suggesting that slow cars should be banned from competitions? I've don't even know... :guilty:

Are you stupid? Please read the whole thing.

I'm not dumb, of course I know how to do that. You clearly have no clue what type of slow I am talking about. So you saying my point doesn't make sense makes you sound like a bit of a clown quite frankly.

No. I'm not starting a thread suggesting "slow" cars should be banned from competitions.

Blowing the whole thing out of proportion.

I'm not dumb, of course I know how to do that. You clearly have no clue what type of slow I am talking about. So you saying my point doesn't make sense makes you sound like a bit of a clown quite frankly.

No. I'm not starting a thread suggesting "slow" cars should be banned from competitions.

I'm not arguing with you, You've just started insulting me for no reason...
If you're not suggesting slow cars are banned from comps, what are you trying to say? We try to limit 1000bhp with a huge wing cars in comps because it makes them boring and people just go as fast as they can. I've never seen somebody win a drift comp by turning up in a 200bhp S13 and drift really slowly so no one can follow them, if you have proof of this happening, I'd be happy to agree with you 👍

Greazy... From one amazing Scotsman to... well, a mediocre Englishman.

How does one suggest a 'type of slow'?.

You are being a clown. An ignorant one at that. A car can be fast in terms of obtaining angle and speed as a collective.
A car can obtain speed OR angle. Speed or angle being the superlatives in this sentence. My grammar isn't getting too much in to the thesaurus for you is it?.

To run a pointless thread in to a Jimmy Sentence/Paragraph, You complain about cars being quick in terms of both speed and angle but, you complain about cars being too fast in terms of speed OR angle (check dem superlatives yo'). I can narrow it to this. Cars with low angle and speed now have high angle and speed. cars with low speed and angle now have high angle and speed.

Now, Greezy, you can call me an idiot too, but, you drive a BMW M3 GTR which is fast to begin with, with 0 DF, correct?

I'm not being mean, I just don't like 1 person picking on the rest.
In this day and age in the GTP era of competition, I see it to be about angle/distance. Angle being the 1st come choice, not serve ;)

You're complaining about slow cars being fast, yes? Where did you complain about fast cars being faster?
OOPS!!!!!!

Slow cars are faster due to chassis change, yes? Maybe an S15 has you BMW M3 GTR chassis, what do you do then? Complain it's faster than you expected?
Why is that? Please, explain?

I'm a man of simple pleasures but god I hate bitchy people.

Oh and the cars with crazy grip or downforce thanks to PD don't take part in this conversation.

You asked a question in your original post, learn to accept the response of the community!

You argue a point you have in your head, not what you are open to.

As I see it and it comes to this. I've 9/10 times got a faster car than those I follow because I like it that way. If I wrap it up on to such persons door and have to slow down a lot, WOOPTY WOOP! Who cares? It allows me more angle and a slower speed than I think I need to obtain, I'm happy. Stop being a little girl and get with it! If you can't tandem a slower car, don't tandem at all. I learned how to tandem with slower cars, maybe what makes me so good at being on your door?

Meh, you decide! After all, you seem to be the dictator on this thread......

Last edited:
Read it over. If you can't understand it then maybe English isn't the language for you!

Whoah there, he sort of has a point - you're getting a bit carried away and your point got a bit convoluted with a great deal of reiteration.

I can see this is a rather heated topic for you and I'm not trying to get involved or talk down to you, I'm just saying that he has a point and there's no need to snap at him.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing with you, You've just started insulting me for no reason...
If you're not suggesting slow cars are banned from comps, what are you trying to say? We try to limit 1000bhp with a huge wing cars in comps because it makes them boring and people just go as fast as they can. I've never seen somebody win a drift comp by turning up in a 200bhp S13 and drift really slowly so no one can follow them, if you have proof of this happening, I'd be happy to agree with you 👍

Cool. I'm not suggesting slow cars should be banned from comps, I'm suggesting that there should be a limit to how slow cars can be just as the limit the faster cars as the variety in speed is too high.

Thing is, 1000bhp cars aren't even fast, and huge wings doesn't make that much of a difference. I don't know what competitions you go, but I don't see people trying to go as fast as possible.

Yes I've seen someone in a S-Chassis merely upgraded and make it to finals, because people have struggled to chase it. I will repeat it what I said again, the comps I go don't judge on how fast you can go.

Greazy... From one amazing Scotsman to... well, a mediocre Englishman.

How does one suggest a 'type of slow'?.

You are being a clown. An ignorant one at that. A car can be fast in terms of obtaining angle and speed as a collective.
A car can obtain speed OR angle. Speed or angle being the superlatives in this sentence. My grammar isn't getting too much in to the thesaurus for you is it?.

To run a pointless thread in to a Jimmy Sentence/Paragraph, You complain about cars being quick in terms of both speed and angle but, you complain about cars being too fast in terms of speed OR angle (check dem superlatives yo'). I can narrow it to this. Cars with low angle and speed now have high angle and speed. cars with low speed and angle now have high angle and speed.

Now, Greezy, you can call me an idiot too, but, you drive a BMW M3 GTR which is fast to begin with, with 0 DF, correct?

I'm not being mean, I just don't like 1 person picking on the rest.
In this day and age in the GTP era of competition, I see it to be about angle/distance. Angle being the 1st come choice, not serve ;)

You're complaining about slow cars being fast, yes? Where did you complain about fast cars being faster?
OOPS!!!!!!

Slow cars are faster due to chassis change, yes? Maybe an S15 has you BMW M3 GTR chassis, what do you do then? Complain it's faster than you expected?
Why is that? Please, explain?

I'm a man of simple pleasures but god I hate bitchy people.

Your first sentence meaning....?

Anyways back on topic...

I explained and described the type of slow I meant, I'm not sure if you have read this thread properly or whether you are here to cause trouble.

Your opinion on whether this thread was pointless is also something i couldn't not care about. For your information I hardly drive my BMW, nor do I use it in competitions, so that whole sentence is invalid and off topic.

I have never seen you in any competitions so I don't understand how your opinion is of any relevance. You clearly don't know what I'm speaking about, clearly assuming.

"You're complaining about slow cars being fast, yes? Where did you complain about fast cars being faster?
OOPS!!!!!!" - Was this supposed to be funny or?...

Oh I hardly do chassis swaps just so you know, I dislike it a lot. Car I actually use is a Non Hybrid RZ.

"Slow cars are faster due to chassis change, yes? Maybe an S15 has you BMW M3 GTR chassis, what do you do then? Complain it's faster than you expected?
Why is that? Please, explain?"

- I don't get what my BMW has to do with this to be honest. Please tell when was the last time you have seen my BMW in a major competition recently? Last one it was in was, VDCS4, was doing well actually but I had problems with wheel and things to train for in real life so I couldn't actually make all rounds.

"I'm a man of simple pleasures but god I hate bitchy people."
-Ok... You didn't have to read this :)

"Oh and the cars with crazy grip or downforce thanks to PD don't take part in this conversation." - Competitions I'm talking about and relating to do not allow these things so clearly not.

"You asked a question in your original post, learn to accept the response of the community!"
-
Cool but if you are going to answer please read what has been said instead of adding suggestions which have already been mentioned... You get me?

"As I see it and it comes to this. I've 9/10 times got a faster car than those I follow because I like it that way. If I wrap it up on to such persons door and have to slow down a lot, WOOPTY WOOP! Who cares? It allows me more angle and a slower speed than I think I need to obtain, I'm happy. Stop being a little girl and get with it! If you can't tandem a slower car, don't tandem at all. I learned how to tandem with slower cars, maybe what makes me so good at being on your door? "

- Once again, misinterpreting the level of slow I'm talking about. Ask anyone on my team and most people i drift with, I'm quite comfortable drifting with drifting with slow cars. Especially if I'm in a faster car. I have no problems with that whatsoever.

"Meh, you decide! After all, you see, to be the dictator on this thread...... "

- You are really funny sir.

And for the third time, what I'm suggesting is that the variety in speed of cars should be narrower for better tandems and it would be so much more fun. That is my point.

I think it's stupid that people are so quick to ban fast cars, but they will let a stock S13 join a competition and at the same time not judge speed.

So all this "Leave them on your lead run" it will not work.

GreazyTee
Once again, misinterpreting the level of slow I'm talking about. Ask anyone on my team and most people i drift with, I'm quite comfortable drifting with drifting with slow cars. Especially if I'm in a faster car. I have no problems with that whatsoever.

I'm not trying to stove the fire or anything, but I can definately vouch for this, I have some of the slowest cars ever lol, and Tj does well to keep behind me, he is implying that some cars are way to slow, that they are almost impossible to tandem with, without stalling and ultimately, in a comp, being given a 0...

I'm not trying to stove the fire or anything, but I can definately vouch for this, I have some of the slowest cars ever lol, and Tj does well to keep behind me, he is implying that some cars are way to slow, that they are almost impossible to tandem with, without stalling and ultimately, in a comp, being given a 0...

Yeah like a AE86 on say the Daytona section, it's almost impossible to follow without having to slow down hugely till the point where your cars not drifting. 👍

I hardly drive my BMW, nor do I use it in competitions, so that whole sentence is invalid and off topic.

The mini open lobby comp where I battled you, you were in your m3 GTR, it flew away from my lfa chassi'd FC, and you claimed it was fast because you had been tuning it for three years -_-, so you tune cars to be too fast?

Oh I hardly do chassis swaps just so you know, I dislike it a lot. Car I actually use is a Non Hybrid RZ.

I joined you briefly today, and your supra absolutely disappeared from my s13, a common and awesome drift car.

Thing is, 1000bhp cars aren't even fast, and huge wings doesn't make that much of a difference. I don't know what competitions you go, but I don't see people trying to go as fast as possible.
Dude, I've been playing this game and been in this community since It started. We basically started this scene, I've been in loads of comps and I've had plenty of time to learn whats good and whats not. 1000Bhp ZR1's with huge wings are fast, that's why people used to use them all the time (This was before your time obviously), You can't deny that they are fast.

Edit: I dont like using the 'I was here before you' card but it's essential to my point

Dude, I've been playing this game and been in this community since It started. We basically started this scene, I've been in loads of comps and I've had plenty of time to learn whats good and whats not. 1000Bhp ZR1's with huge wings are fast, that's why people used to use them all the time (This was before your time obviously), You can't deny that they are fast.

Edit: I dont like using the 'I was here before you' card but it's essential to my point

What do you mean by before his time? Hybrids only started surfacing a few months ago and non hybrided ZR1's don't get to 1000+HP

What do you mean by before his time? Hybrids only started surfacing a few months ago and non hybrided ZR1's don't get to 1000+HP

He was exaggerating, they hit like 850/900? Team burst (virtual) ran crazy horsepower zr1's, vipers etc and it was ridiculous, not only making tandeming annoying, but the extreme torque made it possible to correct mistakes with infinite excess power.

He was exaggerating, they hit like 850/900? Team burst (virtual) ran crazy horsepower zr1's, vipers etc and it was ridiculous, not only making tandeming annoying, but the extreme torque made it possible to correct mistakes with infinite excess power.
Yeah my bad, I've never maxed a ZR1 so I don't know the exact figure, but its about 900 I heard...

"Read it over. If you can't understand it then maybe English isn't the language for you!" -DMax

Maybe it isn't for him either then by your logic.

Cool. I'm not suggesting slow cars should be banned from comps, I'm suggesting that there should be a limit to how slow cars can be just as the limit the faster cars as the variety in speed is too high.

Yes I've seen someone in a S-Chassis merely upgraded and make it to finals, because people have struggled to chase it. I will repeat it what I said again, the comps I go don't judge on how fast you can go.

Your first sentence meaning....?

Anyways back on topic...

I explained and described the type of slow I meant, I'm not sure if you have read this thread properly or whether you are here to cause trouble.

Your opinion on whether this thread was pointless is also something i couldn't not care about. For your information I hardly drive my BMW, nor do I use it in competitions, so that whole sentence is invalid and off topic.

I have never seen you in any competitions so I don't understand how your opinion is of any relevance. You clearly don't know what I'm speaking about, clearly assuming.

"You're complaining about slow cars being fast, yes? Where did you complain about fast cars being faster?
OOPS!!!!!!" - Was this supposed to be funny or?...

"Slow cars are faster due to chassis change, yes? Maybe an S15 has you BMW M3 GTR chassis, what do you do then? Complain it's faster than you expected?
Why is that? Please, explain?"

- I don't get what my BMW has to do with this to be honest. Please tell when was the last time you have seen my BMW in a major competition recently? Last one it was in was, VDCS4, was doing well actually but I had problems with wheel and things to train for in real life so I couldn't actually make all rounds.

"I'm a man of simple pleasures but god I hate bitchy people."
-Ok... You didn't have to read this :)

"Oh and the cars with crazy grip or downforce thanks to PD don't take part in this conversation." - Competitions I'm talking about and relating to do not allow these things so clearly not.

"You asked a question in your original post, learn to accept the response of the community!"
-
Cool but if you are going to answer please read what has been said instead of adding suggestions which have already been mentioned... You get me?

"As I see it and it comes to this. I've 9/10 times got a faster car than those I follow because I like it that way. If I wrap it up on to such persons door and have to slow down a lot, WOOPTY WOOP! Who cares? It allows me more angle and a slower speed than I think I need to obtain, I'm happy. Stop being a little girl and get with it! If you can't tandem a slower car, don't tandem at all. I learned how to tandem with slower cars, maybe what makes me so good at being on your door? "

- Once again, misinterpreting the level of slow I'm talking about. Ask anyone on my team and most people i drift with, I'm quite comfortable drifting with drifting with slow cars. Especially if I'm in a faster car. I have no problems with that whatsoever.

"Meh, you decide! After all, you see, to be the dictator on this thread...... "

- You are really funny sir.

And for the third time, what I'm suggesting is that the variety in speed of cars should be narrower for better tandems and it would be so much more fun. That is my point.

I think it's stupid that people are so quick to ban fast cars, but they will let a stock S13 join a competition and at the same time not judge speed.

So all this "Leave them on your lead run" it will not work.

I can vouch too; I don't remember Greazy ever ramming my C63 AMG, despite it being soft as 🤬, heavy and making full use of 800 horses.

Also, D-Max, to add on to what Urie was saying, you did snap at Greazy. Don't get me wrong, he was having a heated debate with one of your members and things were getting rude, but you launched at him with a full essay explaining why Greazy is a horrible drifter/person and slyly hinting that he doesn't listen to other people's opinions. I understand your point, but there are better ways of getting the same effect.

Also, just to add to this thread's topic: if a car is slow, it's the driver's fault, not the car's (just my opinion, remember). For example, I've heard on numerous occasions that eddyac's MX5 is fast, but I don't think it would be much better than an S13! So, if the drifter is going too slow, he should not be able to participate because he is not skilled enough, not because his car is too slow. This is just a thought that I've been having and I think it makes perfect sense, unless eddyac's car is hacked :lol:

Anyway, I don't want to stir up anything. I know Greazy is a good guy and I'm sure you are too, D-Max, let's just leave it at that?

Back