Just Ginettas just finishedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 231 comments
Hope you recover quickly Joe!

Reading your post I get the feel that you probably have a posture (positioning?) problem with your setup, maybe you should look into that seriously. A few (too many) years ago, in the PS3 days, I was a avid online racer and developed a problem with my left knee because of how the pedals were positioned regarding the centralizar of the playseat. I had to "bend" the left leg to brake and you can only do that for a short while. Doing it daily, for hours and hours, really took a toll and forced me to slow down on my racing activities for a while. That said, after the pedals were readjusted (maybe it was the change from the G27 unit to the T500) I have never felt any discomfort since. Have a look into how you play and what movements you make, maybe it'll help!

Results from Laguna Seca:

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
Race 2.jpg

Race 3:
Race 3.jpg

Standings:
Monday Teams.jpg

And there's my quick recap of the GT5 race. I think Napalm ended the race angry with my behaviour but in all honesty I think I raced fair. Let's call our trade painting just "racing incidents" shall we? :)

Now, regarding raeggee, I think he's lucky not to have a gtplanet account or else I'd ask for him to be banned :lol:

What an interesting video @Hun200kmh . I'm really pleased that you did that because I don't have a replay of the race and I had "seen" something completely different from the truth in respect of the incident at the last corner, when you had slipped off the track then recovered to defend the inside. From my perspective it really did appear that you charged up @Napalm_LT 's inside and shoulder barged him away. This is why witnesses are so terrible in court, they can convince themselves that they have seen something completely different from what actually happened. It's to our mutual credit, I hope, that, despite what I thought I had seen quite clearly, I couldn't bring myself to believe it, and now I am rather relieved.

Anyway, I suspect that, from within Napalm's car, it maybe did appear that he had got clean past you and was clear to turn in, hence his indignation (terrible word to use to chaps who's first language isn't English, sorry) over the event.

Hey ho, onwards to Kent, the garden of England, so they say. Well it does have Dover, which is an outside toilet.

Thanks @Zolon32 , I don't think Napalm had an issue with that one (at least he didn't voice it to me), I think when he said he was "dissapointed" with me it was because of the last lap/last corner bumping that sent us both into pitlane. But if it's as you say then I'm glad I reviewed the entire race (more a disaster than a race but that's life) so any other incident can be reviewed also.

My lessons from Laguna Seca:
  • The corkscrew, me and a GT3 Ginetta do not mix well.
  • When I do get through there, happy with my pace in the GT3 (though not so much in the GT4 and GT5).
  • When someone is 5 sec ahead on the last lap, despite closing in on them, maybe settle for 2nd to avoid tears (see bullet 1).
  • Turning microphones to MUTE during races would be better, as listening to crackling noises while trying to race is not easy. @IfAndOr we used to run that as a rule; might be time to reintroduce that rule?
  • Try not to push Pit Limiter when recovering from a spin.
  • When you are going at 30mph after a spin despite flooring it, the pit limiter has probably been pushed. Learn which button that is mapped to so that you can turn it off.
Well done @Pantheons on your win. Looking forward to having @Saltyjoe90 back next week too; the Chaos Crew are closing in...

@IfAndOr we used to run that as a rule; might be time to reintroduce that rule?
The "rule" sort of got relaxed during the 'Summer Nights' event last year and never got unrelaxed(?) again. Perhaps it's a good time to say...

• A bit of banter before and after the races is fine, in fact it's great, but if you could mute or just refrain from chat/noise during the races that would be much appreciated. On track thanks and apologies to other driver are acceptable - just keep it short. ;)
  • Plus if you could wait until everyone has fully completed the race (the GT5s take longer to finish and are often still racing together) before continuing to chat that would also be great. Thanks. :cheers:

There is an option on the Playstation's quick menu (long press of the PS button) to mute all microphones. (And I think to mute others voices)

Try not to push Pit Limiter when recovering from a spin.
You need the spin recovery button. :)
(If you don't map the pit limiter it will engage automatically as you enter the pits anyway. You can't then push it accidently - and it frees up a button)

And "Racing incidents", they always seem much worse at the time. Rarely is anything intentional, it's usually just caused by misplacing the position of other cars on track (and sometimes misplacing the track!). When we are all wearing VR headsets that'll help!

Last edited:
.... indignation (terrible word to use to chaps who's first language isn't English, sorry)
Uh ... "indignation" is a latin word, I'm even surprised you guys use it! :P

For reference here that same word as written in the commonly called "latin" languages:
Latin - Indignatio
Italian - Indignazione
French - Indignation
Spanish - Indignación
Portuguese - Indignação
Maltese - Indignazzjoni
Romanian - Indignare

In Lithuanian, however, I just learned through Mr. Google that the word to use is pasipiktinimas so that must be what Napalm felt ;)

• Turning microphones to MUTE during races would be better, as listening to crackling noises while trying to race is not easy. @IfAndOr we used to run that as a rule; might be time to reintroduce that rule?

I can't turn the mic on/off during the race so I'll have to do without the odd "thank you" or "sorry" or "I'll keep left" but I agree radio silence is better during races.
And "Racing incidents", they always seem much worse at the time. Rarely is anything intentional, it's usually just caused by misplacing the position of other cars on track (and sometimes misplacing the track!). When we are all wearing VR headsets that'll help!
👍

Not a dig at raeggee or anyone for that matter, but I think it should be stressed again that the faster cars have no "right of way" in multi class races, quite the opposite, it's their job to find a way past without compromising the slower car's races. There isn't a blue flag/out of my way rule (although the game sometimes shows blue flags).

Faster cars can easily overtake slower cars in the straights. So be patient and wait, that's all it takes.

Last edited:
Faster cars can easily overtake slower cars in the straights. So be patient and wait, that's all it takes.
A 👍 to you too.

Oh indignation. I thought he'd said indigestion, which in itself would upset your race. I must read more carefully. :)

And there's my quick recap of the GT5 race. I think Napalm ended the race angry with my behaviour but in all honesty I think I raced fair. Let's call our trade painting just "racing incidents" shall we? :)

Now, regarding raeggee, I think he's lucky not to have a gtplanet account or else I'd ask for him to be banned :lol:

Don't get to serious. I repeated it many times - most of our accidents are due to limited visibility and things from another car can look completely different. Thats why I have golden rule for myself - don't do any complain (espessialy public) until replay is watched. Yesterday I broke that rule. Just someone in the chat mensioned pits and I couldn't keep words in my lips :).
I had 4 contacts in this race. Everyone itself probably is minor, but drop after drop and glass is full :). I checked replay and IMHO first our contact (your try at last corner) wasn't clean - I lost possition due to this in the 1 corner, second accident in the same corner - you went of before last corner, returned to track so I kept outside, you left inside, I didn't see you but knew you are there so I kept wider line and expexted you will keep inside line. Yes, you kept your line before corner, but didn't turn to the apex - contact and I went of. After few laps Zo went of before last corner and returned to track. While he was moving to the right I kept racing line (left part of track) at full speed, but he lost back or decided to defend position and moved to left right in front of me - I hit him and went of. Our last accident (yes, the same place :) ) - I kept left as far as I can and from my cockpit looked you pushed me of track, but from your replay looks it was more my own fault - probably there weren't enought space.
I remember many our battles where we left "da space" to each other and at that moment I was surprised and said you dissapointed me. Sorry if you felt bad due to it. I know everyone in our gang do that he can to avoid accidents, but its racing and we can't avoid them time to time. I hear other like this champiochip, personally me - no. It more mess than normal race. Probably would be better to have only 2 class or race on wider traks only. Its just my opinion, but looks what our racing become more agresive and I thind that it is due to that multiclass car speed difference - if you want to race against your calss you cant waist time while passing slover car. And it rising agresion in general. maybe I am wrong, it's just my opinion.
And what is our multiclass rules? I always thought slower car must keep racing line and faster car can overtake at straights or other places where it is possible? yesterday looked slover cars should get away for faster cars :)

Mario, if you have few min. and want to watch how I saw my race yesterday - replay is ready

BTW today in the morning I thought I won't do this champioship anymore. Why I need to waist my time for things I don't like and even more - have almost sleepless night after that (due to late race I get to bed after midnight, need some time to cool down and cant asleep for a while and need to get up 5.30). But while eating I watched Rich replay a bit and it made me laught few times. I don't know he had some technical issues or looked everywhere but not to trach or just decided to go of track for mushrooms :). After that I understood everyone have his own problem. So next race (and champioship, probably racing in general in this legue) is open question for me ATM.

So, all in all - everything is good and all of you guys are my friends. Due to my bad english I just don't want to comunikate while racing :)

Napalm I'm glad we've cleared this up, our first contact was indeed my fault - I called it an over-ambitious move in my own video and it is - as for the others I guess we both did our best but in-game visibility issues are a challenge. You know I'm a fair racer as I know you are too.

About agressive driving in the field I'd say seasoned pros can be a LOT worse then us, just check this out: Magnussen (Jan) vs Bergmeister, Corvette vs Porsche, last lap, last corner .. at Laguna Seca. They shoud've pitted like we did! :lol:

Rich replay a bit and it made me laught few times. I
i'm glad someone was laughing!
i couldn't stay away from the kurbs in race so lost it a few times , race two the tv wanted to turn off and remote was out of reach .. just another normal for me ...
i think we all have some races which make us want to give up but we're still here coz we have a great group of racers who turn out every week .
i understand your frustration @Napalm_LT after putting in the time for the race to go bad it has a real life effect ..

i'm glad someone was laughing!
Probably you missunderstood me. I didn't laughing from your mistakes. There were few strange situations where you was driving on the straight line and sudenly turned to a side and started offroading. Theese situations were unusual (but funy :) ), what is why I asked you had technical issues, someone repetedly distracted you or you just wanted to do that :)

I've so far only done a couple of laps in the GT5, but was fiddling about with camera views and FFB, not really practicing. Sounds like I'd best get some practice in then!

Much as I like the format of this series, getting to grips of 3 different cars has been tough, especially since they handle very differently from each other.

Much as I like the format of this series, getting to grips of 3 different cars has been tough,
It's a good job I didn't add in the Ginetta LMP car as well then!

The hard slick tyres are probably not helping in cooler England (after Laguna). I'll have to have a look at the track temps and see what I can do. Maybe it's time to unlock tuning to allow softer tyres. Hmm...

Even though it's my series I don't really practice that much. I suppose I did quite a few laps at everywhere in everything while setting it up so don't. If I practice at all it's usually in the GT4. Because it's the most wayward of the 3 if I can get that one around the track fairly safely the others are usually easy(ish).

My little bit of feedback, Its a fun series, if not manic at times, apart from having more cars to have to practise, the only downside for me really is, we are only racing 3 or 4 other people, everyone else is a track obstacle of some sort, so for example, ill never be racing Max or Joe etc. I quite liked the potential of racing anyone, depending on if I was having a good week or a bad week. But its great to do something different. The organisation involved is, as always, much appreciated.

the only downside for me really is, we are only racing 3 or 4 other people, everyone else is a track obstacle of some sort, so for example, ill never be racing Max or Joe etc.
Yeah I did actually consider this and was originally thinking of having a league system where drivers moved up and down the groups to allow a bit of mixing. However it was going to add another layer of complication to what is already a slightly more complex formula than we normally use, so I abandoned it.

What I am considering doing is reducing the series lenght slightly so we can move on to something else. Thoughts everyone?

I think the concept is very interesting, and it is very challenging to learn the tracks with multiple, very different, cars. With the benefit of hindsight the only tweak I'd make regards the selection of tracks, I understand you (Paul) wanted us to cover new grounds and learn new tracks but multiclass racing is probably more suited to tracks that because of width or layout make it easier for different classes of cars to share (Spa, Le Mans, Portimão, Road America, etc) . The downside Simon pointed out is of course real when, faced with a finite number of online lobby entrants you must split the field in classes. Even with just two classes (say LMP2 and GT3) we still would only be battling half the field (8x2). It is unavoidable but I don't find it annoying, I never race more than a handfull of people in any given race.

About making the championship shorter I'll go with any decision, there's a battle up front between the Tequilla Slammers and the Chaos Crew from which the remaining three teams are by now already out of, so I say they are the ones to be heard on that.

Last edited:
I understand you (Paul) wanted us to cover new grounds and learn new tracks
It wasn't so much that really, it was the length of the tracks that was the main factor. It allowed for lapping to take place within the 20 minute races where on the longer circuits you mentioned it may not have. Some of the shorter tracks do tend to be trickier to pass on though. But as you mentioned above, there's usually a straight section somewhere. :)
Edit - Zhuhai has a lot of fast sections so should be better.

Anyways, I'm going to see how it goes over the next meeting or two and maybe truncate the series a little (or not). For a while I've had an idea for a future handicap series that might just suit the team idea as well. We could perhaps transfer over to that fairly easily while continuing the team theme. In that series we'd all be racing together. There's still 3 cars but not everyone gets to use them each week. ;)

Last edited:
Uh ... "indignation" is a latin word, I'm even surprised you guys use it! :P
You seem to be labouring under the mistaken belief that there are languages other than English Mario. This, as every Englishman abroad knows, is entirely untrue 😃

Zo went of before last corner and returned to track. While he was moving to the right I kept racing line (left part of track) at full speed, but he lost back or decided to defend position and moved to left right in front of me
I promise you it was purely incompetence that placed my car in front of yours Napalm. I was sawing away at the wheel trying to get ahead of the car's shimmies, and it was only getting hit that straightened things out!

@half_sourly i think points for Rprego should be hurtur as @IfAndOr was racing for them !
fun racing group B had usual luck with missing out on a win in race two ,
a couple of off track moments again thankfully i was able to get back into the race !

Last edited:
Yeah just droped the penny lol
was the confusion from the indecision last night ... cheers for clearing that up for me

Yep half is correct, I was an Assassin last night. They were the lower scoring team that was missing a driver. I think I did alright for them. Except perhaps for catching a kerb and spinning out on the 1st lap in the GT5, I didn't think they were that powerful!

Apologies for the confusion, I was a bit confused myself. :dopey: :)

And talking about the GT5s... Sorry for crashing into you Napalm, I came whizzing around a corner and there you were, sideways! My emergency avoidance system wasn't successful. Oh and the track limits are now off. ;)

Edit: Taking onboard a couple of suggestions from above, I have shortened the series by 1 race (Hockenheim) and I've swapped Sugo out and replaced it with Indy Road layout.
Also I'm thinking of perhaps using a night time setting in one of the later races. It would add a bit of variety.

Last edited:
Back