Just got a G27 wheel...

  • Thread starter Thread starter BLEVCH
  • 23 comments
  • 1,639 views
Messages
1
United States
United States
Messages
BLEVCH
I was just wondering what driving settings everybody uses when playing GT6 with a wheel? Want to make sure I'm getting the best experience out of using the wheel
 
I use power assisted steering on and force feedback 3
Remember it will take time getting used to a wheel don't expect to be good straight away
 
I would avoid power steering all together, It makes the wheel go light any time you steer hard, and makes trying to "feel" the road much harder.

Just find the right force feedback level that makes you comfortable.

Since you're using a console there's not much to set up at all.

Check out the sim racing section https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/sim-racing-hardware.163/
 
Last edited:
I think I just turned the power assist off and left the FFB as it was.
 
I was just wondering what driving settings everybody uses when playing GT6 with a wheel? Want to make sure I'm getting the best experience out of using the wheel
What feels best for you because everyone has a different driving style settings for the G27.
 
There's a few threads about wheel and G27. But you'll never find them when you need them.

Did leap from DS3 to the G27 with GT6 and it was challenging. But do not worry, tricks is practice, practice and practice.
Started out with FFB 3, adjusted it up to 5 after 2 weeks. And now I have FFB 7. With higher FFB, I feel like I have more control. Especially when I mess up the driving, and need to take some quick movements with the steering wheel. Have never used power assisted steering


But maybe this thread can be useful.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sixaxis-to-g25-1-year.115679/
 
Power assist/FFB 4
I also found this thread interesting when I first got on GT as well.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

Wow, that post right there is like gold! Any other sneaky hidden settings?

Just got the G27, and after spending a few hours figuring out how to mount it to something stable enough (along with 3 trips to the hardware store), I was frustrated on the completely horrible display of driving, and complete lack of recovery, as FF spun the wheel out of my hands (I guess I underestimated the power of FF 10 setting). Wondering if this is a normal experience with this wheel?

About to try session 2, trying to adjust the wheel-lock settings, and find a FF setting I am comfortable with.

Any tips on settings, or methods of adjusting to the wheel, or encouragement that I didn't waste my money. It's gotta get better, right?
 
Let me use this thread to make a noob question:
If clutch is prohibited in almost all races and leagues here in GTP, what is the benefits of G27 besides the silent FFB?
Sorry if it sounds stupid but I'm looking for a wheel and I have no clue witch one to get, a DFGT or G27.
Looks like the G27 is great but with the clutch restrictions... let me know your opinions.
 
Wow, that post right there is like gold! Any other sneaky hidden settings?

Just got the G27, and after spending a few hours figuring out how to mount it to something stable enough (along with 3 trips to the hardware store), I was frustrated on the completely horrible display of driving, and complete lack of recovery, as FF spun the wheel out of my hands (I guess I underestimated the power of FF 10 setting). Wondering if this is a normal experience with this wheel?

About to try session 2, trying to adjust the wheel-lock settings, and find a FF setting I am comfortable with.

Any tips on settings, or methods of adjusting to the wheel, or encouragement that I didn't waste my money. It's gotta get better, right?
You didn't waste your money!

I recently experimented with settings because I was tired of tying my arms in knots through chicanes. Right now, I'm liking 900 degrees, FF7, and sensitivity 4.

For me, the wheel was natural. I don't know how people can drive with the DS3!
 
Wheel #1 definitely more enjoyable than DS3
 
Let me use this thread to make a noob question:
If clutch is prohibited in almost all races and leagues here in GTP, what is the benefits of G27 besides the silent FFB?
Sorry if it sounds stupid but I'm looking for a wheel and I have no clue witch one to get, a DFGT or G27.
Looks like the G27 is great but with the clutch restrictions... let me know your opinions.
I didn't realize clutches are prohibited.

The G27 also has paddle shifters.

One thing I like about the G27 is the availability of GTEye and Nixim replacement springs to give the brake a much more progressive feel.

I keep mine mounted on a V2 Wheelstand, which works great for me.
 
@GTEYE is highly recommended and it's a Site Sponsor for GTP 👍.

Clutches may be prohibited in some places but not everywhere and with paddle shifters also available, it covers every option except sequential shifter. G27 is very smooth and quiet and excellent rig for the money.
 
When I got my G27 nearly 2 months ago, I kept FFB at 5 and power steering off. I turned it up after that, but then put it to 3, as it feels the most realistic to me. I'd highly recommend getting used to wheel physics in a low-powered car and do 5 laps at a simple track. I took the Hudson and went to Monza for about 30 minutes, then went to Road Course Daytona. It takes some time to get used to. After you feel like you're comfortable, get a 330-350 HP car. Rinse and repeat.
 
Wow, that post right there is like gold! Any other sneaky hidden settings?

Just got the G27, and after spending a few hours figuring out how to mount it to something stable enough (along with 3 trips to the hardware store), I was frustrated on the completely horrible display of driving, and complete lack of recovery, as FF spun the wheel out of my hands (I guess I underestimated the power of FF 10 setting). Wondering if this is a normal experience with this wheel?

About to try session 2, trying to adjust the wheel-lock settings, and find a FF setting I am comfortable with.

Any tips on settings, or methods of adjusting to the wheel, or encouragement that I didn't waste my money. It's gotta get better, right?

You didn't waste your money. Give it a couple of weeks and you'll never want to go back to a controller, believe me. Start out with a fairly slow road car till you get used to it. When I got a FF wheel the first thing I tried was the Red Bull Vettel challenge on GT5 and I thought I'd wasted my money. It felt like it was trying to rip my arms off. I couldn't even hold it together on the straights. Let us know how you get on.
 
You didn't waste your money!

I recently experimented with settings because I was tired of tying my arms in knots through chicanes. Right now, I'm liking 900 degrees, FF7, and sensitivity 4.

For me, the wheel was natural. I don't know how people can drive with the DS3!

The learning curve is much better than expected, I'm already starting to see the benefits, already knocked out all golds, on the IB licenses, which I was only able to manage silvers with the DS3. Also realized the durability of the wheel, as I mounted it to 1/2" (12.7 mm) particle board, and this afternoon the wheel snapped the board on calibration and hit the floor without any damage to the wheel.




You didn't waste your money. Give it a couple of weeks and you'll never want to go back to a controller, believe me. Start out with a fairly slow road car till you get used to it. When I got a FF wheel the first thing I tried was the Red Bull Vettel challenge on GT5 and I thought I'd wasted my money. It felt like it was trying to rip my arms off. I couldn't even hold it together on the straights. Let us know how you get on.


It's going good, I like FF 7, Sensitivity 7, 450° settings. Am able to control my 700 HP cars with only minor hiccups. Of course my hands and wrists are a bit sore finding unused muscles.

Next Step integrate the shifting, now that I am relatively comfortable with the steering aspect.
 
The learning curve is much better than expected, I'm already starting to see the benefits, already knocked out all golds, on the IB licenses, which I was only able to manage silvers with the DS3. Also realized the durability of the wheel, as I mounted it to 1/2" (12.7 mm) particle board, and this afternoon the wheel snapped the board on calibration and hit the floor without any damage to the wheel.
LOL! I use a V2 WheelStand I picked up from Amazon. I like it. If I could, I'd get a PlaySeat or something, but my wife barely tolerates the compact Wheelstand in the living room.
 
The learning curve is much better than expected, I'm already starting to see the benefits, already knocked out all golds, on the IB licenses, which I was only able to manage silvers with the DS3. Also realized the durability of the wheel, as I mounted it to 1/2" (12.7 mm) particle board, and this afternoon the wheel snapped the board on calibration and hit the floor without any damage to the wheel.







It's going good, I like FF 7, Sensitivity 7, 450° settings. Am able to control my 700 HP cars with only minor hiccups. Of course my hands and wrists are a bit sore finding unused muscles.

Next Step integrate the shifting, now that I am relatively comfortable with the steering aspect.

Well that didn't take long. And it sounds like a stand should be your next purchase. The WheelStand Pro is pretty good value and sturdier than a bit of chipboard.
 
FFB 10, power asst off, sensitivy 0. I've you have a decent pc, try out some pc sims as well to get the full effect of the wheel. Hopefully, GT7 or a patch to GT6 will grant us more adjustability with our wheels.
 
power steering = off
force feedback = 10

then there are some hidden settings....

at anytime during the game, press the center most 2 red buttons at the same time ( hold em down ) then press any of the 4 black buttons( x, o , triangle, square )

i use the o option, it makes the steering ratio a little bit lower than 900 degrees, and it also takes the "deadzone / slop" out of the wheel.....
 
LOL! I use a V2 WheelStand I picked up from Amazon. I like it. If I could, I'd get a PlaySeat or something, but my wife barely tolerates the compact Wheelstand in the living room.
FFB 10, power asst off, sensitivy 0. I've you have a decent pc, try out some pc sims as well to get the full effect of the wheel. Hopefully, GT7 or a patch to GT6 will grant us more adjustability with our wheels.

I Used the board, because I had it left over from a project, I ended up buying a replacement birch board which should work fine until I fabricate a rig, a trip to the scrap yard in the spring.

e03b3322-767a-4f28-adf7-d299d24b2a00.jpg
 
Back