Just Realized GT5 Features the world's deadliest tracks...

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 102 comments
  • 13,825 views
I think back in the 80's they had a very similar accident at a NASCAR Event where a car went airborne or a Tire came off and landed in the stands and people were killed. Then they put up a fence that keeps debris from flying into the stands.

Do you mean this wreck?



No one died in it, although many of the sports announcers and people involved in NASCAR admit if anyone did die, it would have severly hampered the series.
 
He might mean the incidents in Michigan and Charlotte in the late 90's (One at a CART race, one at an IRL race) where tires went up into the stands, killing 3 people each time.

The tires actually flew over the existing debris fences, causing tracks around the country to raise the heights of those fences.
 
Here's a documentary on the 1955 Disaster:



Best footage is at 50:00. You can see exactly what happened wand what caused the crash. And it's something that I've seen happen in modern racing a few times. And there is no official death count at that event.
 
I think the numbers I listed exclude motorcycle deaths
 
Here's a documentary on the 1955 Disaster:



Best footage is at 50:00. You can see exactly what happened wand what caused the crash. And it's something that I've seen happen in modern racing a few times. And there is no official death count at that event.
Great stuff, thanks for posting it.
 
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Isle of Man TT circuit sadly has more deaths alone than the top five listed combined at the start of this thread...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Snaefell_Mountain_Course_fatal_accidents

234 RIP.



No wonder. It's a race on public roads with nearly zero security zones. Everywhere walls, trees, houses, ... deadly objects if you hit them with 160+mp/h. :scared:

They shouldn't allow races like that. In Germany you would never see something like that, even the Gumball'ers had a hard time here. :sly:
 
Mind you it's arguably the greatest event in all of Motorsport.

This film blew my mind:



A must see for any Motorsport fan.
 
I sometimes call my organ donor card 'motorbike licence'. For doctor in ER bikers are organ donors. :p

PS: Do get yourself an organ donor card. It can safe someone's life! (And don't use it as your motorcycle licence) :)
 
I'd expect Nurburgring to have a higher fatality rate than Indy, but interesting information nonetheless.


Parker

Americans cant drive lol
I thought Suzuka Circuit would be up there
 
Back