Just talk to us

  • Thread starter Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 68 comments
  • 3,540 views

Would you prefer that Sony provided a community spokesperson

  • Yes

    Votes: 92 91.1%
  • No

    Votes: 9 8.9%

  • Total voters
    101
Messages
5,109
Canada
London, Ontario
Messages
voodoovaj
Given all the backlash that is happening...and rightfully so...Do you think that it's time for Sony/PD to employ a community spokesperson to interface with the fans on various forums?


Yesterday, I tried GT5 again for the first time since getting GT6. I found that, in such close contrast, GT6 is most definitely the better experience in my opinion. However, improvements in some areas cannot make up for removed features and absent ones. This needs some type of explanation.

It's more common to have a community spokesperson than to not have them. I find it to be a glaring omission in this day and age, and more so on a game of this calibre with such a passionate fan base. It's borderline insulting. When fans are allowed to stew over what they feel is unjust, it drives them away from a franchise, so why not communicate to us? I simply don't understand.
 
a product-manager should have that role ...
 
I ticked yes but, honestly, I would just prefer PD to be communicative with GT6 users worldwide. Whilst I am aware that PD aren't the only ones who are conspicuously silent most of the time, I do look at other games and how the developers communicate with them with envy. For example, Sports Interactive have a forum where, not only can users go on and discuss the various games, but where bugs and issues can be reported and where SI feedback to the users on things.....and some of their games barely work upon release yet they still engage with people. In PD's case, I would just be happy to get a weekly or monthly press release/statement telling their users what is happening with the game/what features are being delayed/problematic etc
 
a product-manager should have that role ...

Actually no, a product manager is too far up the food chain to be responsible with communication.

But yes, a developer diary. regular (insightful) updates, something more than news about events that take place somewhere on the planet that have no impact on me.

People are upset because of broken promises (Displaying game features that are, in fact, not in the game)

We need updates on those features...those elements that they sold to us, that we purchased, that we have yet to receive. Where is the Senna content? Where is the track builder? Where are the community features? etc, etc.
 
We need updates on those features...those elements that they sold to us, that we purchased, that we have yet to receive. Where is the Senna content? Where is the track builder? Where are the community features? etc, etc.

The problem there is that, while most of the features were part of the selling, they were not confirmed to be in at release....the GT site said they are upcoming. However, the booklet with the game specifically talks about the "GT Community" feature and the back of the box talks about clubs etc so, on those points, I guess technically they are guilty of fraud (receiving payment for something that isn't sold to the buyer)....it would be like buying a television only to find once you've bought it that the screen is missing and will be delivered in the future.

As for the Senna content, from what I understand that was always going to be released in May (or April....one of the two) so we still have time to wait for that.
 
Don't get me wrong. I think they did a good job, and I am getting enjoyment out of the game...but I was looking forward to the items that are, as mentioned, even on the back of the box.
 
Sony needs to end its business relationship with PD. Sony is very good in the customer relation department. However, the alliance between them and PD is of an exact opposite. Sony actually cares, whereas PD is a "take the money and run" corporation
 
As for the Senna content, from what I understand that was always going to be released in May (or April....one of the two) so we still have time to wait for that.
If the Senna content doesn't release neither of those months, Sony/PD are in for some heavy backlash.
 
I'd prefer to just wait. PD are not obligated to communicate with us in any way. They said the features will come so they expect us to take their word for it and patiently wait for them. Would they benefit from someone from Sony constantly nagging and interrupting their work for update reports just to satiate our hunger for news? It's like a kid asking "Are we nearly there yet?" every few miles into a journey. Just be quiet and let Dad drive and eventually we'll get there.
 
Last edited:
I'd prefer to just wait. PD are not obligated to communicate with us in any way. They said the features will come so they expect us to take their word for it and patiently wait for them. Would they benefit from someone from Sony constantly nagging and interrupting their work for update reports just to satiate our hunger for news? It's like a kid asking "Are we nearly there yet?" every few miles into a journey. Just be quiet and let Dad drive and eventually we'll get there.
Actually they are,we paid for not only the game but the features that was promised,so they should be obligated to keep us in the loop.The kid didn't pay the dad to take him somewhere so thats a different story,but if you've ever taken a taxi and you ask how much longer it'll take they're obligated to let you know approximately how long it might take.Whenever money is involved there is always an expectation to be kept in the loop,it's just common decency.
 
I fear that better communication, while nice, wouldn't solve the problem that is PD's complete lack of competence.
I honestly don't believe we'll recieve all the promised features on the official GT6 page. Not at this rate, anyhow.
 
I fear that better communication, while nice, wouldn't solve the problem that is PD's complete lack of competence.
I honestly don't believe we'll recieve all the promised features on the official GT6 page. Not at this rate, anyhow.
I would rather be informed correctly ... then be completely left in the dark like right now ...
(just check how Naughty Dog informs its fanbase for TLOU on updates/patches)
 
Actually they are,we paid for not only the game but the features that was promised,so they should be obligated to keep us in the loop.The kid didn't pay the dad to take him somewhere so thats a different story,but if you've ever taken a taxi and you ask how much longer it'll take they're obligated to let you know approximately how long it might take.Whenever money is involved there is always an expectation to be kept in the loop,it's just common decency.
An expectation yes, but they are not obligated to speak with us any further than they have already. They don't have to tell us anything because they already told us it was coming and expect that to be good enough for us. And for many it is. They are however obligated to release those things. Communication with the customer is recommended, but companies are not obligated to do so.
 
Actually they are,we paid for not only the game but the features that was promised,so they should be obligated to keep us in the loop.The kid didn't pay the dad to take him somewhere so thats a different story,but if you've ever taken a taxi and you ask how much longer it'll take they're obligated to let you know approximately how long it might take.Whenever money is involved there is always an expectation to be kept in the loop,it's just common decency.

Exactly. Obviously PD isn't legally obligated, but it builds goodwill with the customer to be open and interactive. That applies to all businesses.

Me: "Hey, its been 40 minutes, where's my pizza?"
Pizza shop: "It'll get there when it gets there."
Me: "*punches pizza guy through the phone*"
 
Exactly. Obviously PD isn't legally obligated, but it builds goodwill with the customer to be open and interactive. That applies to all businesses.

Me: "Hey, its been 40 minutes, where's my pizza?"
Pizza shop: "It'll get there when it gets there."
Me: "*punches pizza guy through the phone*"
Indeed it does but they don't have to. I'm not trying to be contrary here. I just think PD have communicated with us just fine and won't benefit from us nagging for the next thing. Why do we need to know when the next update comes out? Or what they're currently working on? Why can't the knowledge that they will obviously work on the game and patch it in due course, adding the features they said they would, do for anyone?
 
Why can't the knowledge that they will obviously work on the game and patch it in due course, adding the features they said they would, do for anyone?


That's the issue, we don't know that they are Working on the game, so far we've seen a garbage fantasy car race, and a few VISION cars..

For all we know this was a Beta for the Ps4 version of the game.. A prolog if you will.

It really doesn't take that much effort to address the community and say hey guys.. were working on this feature... we don't need dates we need information on whats being done with this half of a product.

For all we know PD will never provide us with the promised content, until we get some sort of information. And until we get some sort of information from PD ill continue to operate under that assumption..

The longer KAZ keeps us in the dark, the worse the outcome for future Gran Turismo titles... I Personally will Not buy another GT game upon release. I Honestly feel duped, and ripped off.

KAZ has tunnel VISION.
 
I don't see the point. They wont work faster because of this.

Plus it's hard to state a date when you're coding something - it's not a piece of bread in the oven.

What exactly will they tell then ? The infamous "it's coming" repeated each two weeks ?

Are you that insecure that you need some confirmation now and then that PD still exist ?

I can assure you personally that PD is working hard to bring the missing features into the game. Why ? Because that's much more probable scenario than them abandoning GT6 in order to work on PS4 game.

Somehow the latter made up to the ladder of possibilities knocking down logic and reason.

The news section on their website is not updated because there is nothing to say - I know right, mind blowing..

To believe they stopped working on the game is premature and childish.

EDIT: If you think I will reply to nit picking you have another thing coming ;) Please don't rage and just READ and then re-read. It's my opinion that all is well and features are coming - if that enrages you I suggest deep breathing.
 
Last edited:
Sure, guy. It's insecurity. That's the only possible explanation. I'm glad we cleared this up.

And yep, believing they might stop working on a game is premature and childish. That too is the only possible explanation. Not business and budget reasons. Just immaturity and childishness. Well said.
 
I can assure you personally that PD is working hard to bring the missing features into the game. Why ? Because that's much more probable scenario than them abandoning GT6 in order to work on PS4 game.
.


Remind me who you are again? And why I would take your Personal Assurance too heart? Also maybe you can cite your sources on the information regarding PD Is "Working Hard to bring the missing features" ? Maybe I Missed an Official post or article by PD Saying that they are in fact working hard on the omitted content?
 
Sure, guy. It's insecurity. That's the only possible explanation. I'm glad we cleared this up.

And yep, believing they might stop working on a game is premature and childish. That too is the only possible explanation. Not business and budget reasons. Just immaturity and childishness. Well said.

Remind me who you are again? And why I would take your Personal Assurance too heart? Also maybe you can cite your sources on the information regarding PD Is "Working Hard to bring the missing features" ? Maybe I Missed an Official post or article by PD Saying that they are in fact working hard on the omitted content?

:lol:

Rage more. 👍 Don't mind reading my post and understanding. Just rage.
 
:lol:

Rage more. 👍 Don't mind reading my post and understanding. Just rage.

Oh I read your post and comprehended it quite well.. However you don't post anything of Substance, you say And I Quote

" I can assure you personally that PD is working hard to bring the missing features into the game. Why ? Because that's much more probable scenario than them abandoning GT6 in order to work on PS4 game. "

I've been burnt numerous times by gaming companies who "Promised Content" But never delivered... Many, Many times. Which is why I remain Very skeptical.. I mean really its like Believing a campaign promise from a politician.. Sure it sounds great, but will it happen? Probably not..

And you Personally Assure me that this wont happen.. How can you Honestly make that type of statement without Hard concrete evidence that PD is in fact working on the omitted content?

They already have our money.. What incentive would there be to make more Content for the game? Other then making the content then Charging us money for said content.. After all PD is a business and not a charity.

So again, I ask you Who you are, and why your Personal Assurance should set me at ease while I "Hope" for the "Promised" content. Are you KAZ? do you work for PD? You do even work in the Video gaming Industry?

Or are you one of the many forum dwellers who make a posts and say "Herpderp enjoy ur rage lolzerflex", "Cry moar tears iz nummies"...
 
:lol:

Rage more. 👍 Don't mind reading my post and understanding. Just rage.

Your rage detector is a bit off. That was sarcasm.

I'll bite. Which part of your post do you feel I didn't understand? Clearly you want to have a reasonable discussion about it, and help me with my insecurity issues, so help me out. I've got my blankey and I'm ready to learn.
 
Oh I read your post and comprehended it quite well.. However you don't post anything of Substance, you say And I Quote

" I can assure you personally that PD is working hard to bring the missing features into the game. Why ? Because that's much more probable scenario than them abandoning GT6 in order to work on PS4 game. "

I've been burnt numerous times by gaming companies who "Promised Content" But never delivered... Many, Many times. Which is why I remain Very skeptical.. I mean really its like Believing a campaign promise from a politician.. Sure it sounds great, but will it happen? Probably not..

And you Personally Assure me that this wont happen.. How can you Honestly make that type of statement without Hard concrete evidence that PD is in fact working on the omitted content?

They already have our money.. What incentive would there be to make more Content for the game? Other then making the content then Charging us money for said content.. After all PD is a business and not a charity.

So again, I ask you Who you are, and why your Personal Assurance should set me at ease while I "Hope" for the "Promised" content. Are you KAZ? do you work for PD? You do even work in the Video gaming Industry?

Or are you one of the many forum dwellers who make a posts and say "Herpderp enjoy ur rage lolzerflex", "Cry moar tears iz nummies"...

Well you still don't understand and you are still raging - you almost contained yourself but couldn't avoid resorting to putting me in some imaginary group of apologists. Anyway..since you don't understand simple phrases here it is:

"I can assure you personally" - followed by "Why?" - that addresses the "personally" part you don't like so much :D.

Then the answer "Because that's much more probable scenario than them abandoning GT6 in order to work on PS4 game"

Also "Somehow the latter made up to the ladder of possibilities knocking down logic and reason."

Who I am ? Someone who uses logic and don't scream Armageddon over a falling star ;)
 
Back