Just talk to us

  • Thread starter Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 68 comments
  • 3,540 views

Would you prefer that Sony provided a community spokesperson

  • Yes

    Votes: 92 91.1%
  • No

    Votes: 9 8.9%

  • Total voters
    101
...Plus it's hard to state a date when you're coding something - it's not a piece of bread in the oven.

What exactly will they tell then ? The infamous "it's coming" repeated each two weeks ?
...
you made a point here. i agree with that
 
Well you still don't understand and you are still raging - you almost contained yourself but couldn't avoid resorting to putting me in some imaginary group of apologists. Anyway..since you don't understand simple phrases here it is:

"I can assure you personally" - followed by "Why?" - that addresses the "personally" part you don't like so much :D.

Then the answer "Because that's much more probable scenario than them abandoning GT6 in order to work on PS4 game"

Also "Somehow the latter made up to the ladder of possibilities knocking down logic and reason."

Who I am ? Someone who uses logic and don't scream Armageddon over a falling star ;)

Where did I scream Armageddon? You talk about using logic yet you seem to be incapable of comprehending my posts..
 
Sony should hire Chris Roper to be community manager for the GT series. He is one of the few true GT fans in the industry. He hasn't really been too visable in the industry since Zipper got closed down, though he does already work for sony.

I tweeted Chris about it.
https://twitter.com/chris_roper/status/441021405325299712


What am I? chopped liver? (j/k ... I wouldn't want a community manager's job. I had to do it once)

Your rage detector is a bit off. That was sarcasm.

I'll bite. Which part of your post do you feel I didn't understand? Clearly you want to have a reasonable discussion about it, and help me with my insecurity issues, so help me out. I've got my blankey and I'm ready to learn.

Community management is an exercise in staying in touch with your customers and it's an important aspect. They don't have to say date, times, or anything more than staying in touch with the community so it doesn't seem like they don't care at all.
 
Where did I scream Armageddon? You talk about using logic yet you seem to be incapable of comprehending my posts..

Are you serious about this ? Because if you pretend you haven't said anything or not meant things you said this can go forever.

You have a very strong opinion about PD having business problems and not completing the game. For you this is much more probable scenario than PD finishing the game - you do scream Armageddon just few posts back!

"I was lied to many times by companies!!" etc etc.

I am basing my predictions of PD delivering everything sooner or later on simply not panicking. They might be late and that's not cool but that's a different discussion.

Now you are basing you're predictions on PD not delivering on what ? Other companies that screwed you? Did PD stopped supporting GT5 after 3 months ? They surely made a lot of sales by then.

It seems to me like you're getting upset by my reasonable prediction and calling people' premature panicking childish. Then you throw your unreasonable prediction and try to make it look reasonable.

It is just my opinion - I don't have to write that down in each post "This is just my opinion - please don't get your nipples too stiffy" or do I ? Seems like I'll have to..
 
Hi Voodoovaj. Not sure why you quoted me, but again, I understand they aren't obligated to do anything.

Beats me...I just hit the reply button....maybe we can blame PD for messed up forum controls :P :D
 
I keep trying to get 'something' out of the Gran Turismo Facebook page, and still not a peep, so a spokesperson or something, although not obligated but hopefully inclined to respond, would be a welcome addition imo.
 
At the end of the day no one likes to be left in the dark,PD not keeping us in the loop on missing features and updates isn't in any way making us want to buy their future titles,all they're doing is destroying their own company from the inside.Doesn't take much to reinsure your community by just tweeting out "Working on this and that,should be released in the coming months".I would've thought that experiencing the disaster that was GT5 that they would be smart enough not to repeat there mistakes.
 
I'd prefer to just wait. PD are not obligated to communicate with us in any way. They said the features will come so they expect us to take their word for it and patiently wait for them. Would they benefit from someone from Sony constantly nagging and interrupting their work for update reports just to satiate our hunger for news? It's like a kid asking "Are we nearly there yet?" every few miles into a journey. Just be quiet and let Dad drive and eventually we'll get there.



Except that in this case PD promised us that we'd be stopping for lunch, every hour there would be a pee break, and that we could bring our own CD's to listen to in the car instead of dad's old Johnny Cash and Patsy Kline mix CD's. We've been in the car for three days and the only food we've had is some stale peanuts Dad found in the glovebox (which he made us pay for if we wanted to eat), a hot can of coca-cola to share between the three of us (also charged for), and we are nowhere near our destination (which is still unknown to us, dad just said to trust him wehen we left home and we haven't heard a word out of him since). We've heard a rumour that Dad is already planning our next holiday destination and that he's likely to drop us off in the middle of nowhere and pick us up on the way through.
 
constant communication between developer and players is a must to keep gamers updated for what's happening, sadly it isn't happening yet for PD. I just think about it as PD being too busy to do so? :( (They do currently have GT5, GT6, GT7, and GT Academy in their hands)
 
They should have such a person or group of people doing so. That way, we'd get better cars and cooler tracks. Hell, bring back the tracks from yesteryear, like Citta de Aria and Costa di Amalfi in GT4, and some more memorable tracks like Special Stage Route 11 in GT1 and GT3, as well as Complex String in GT3!

People here have no idea that it is stressful to develop a game while trying to interact with fans!
 
They should have such a person or group of people doing so. That way, we'd get better cars and cooler tracks. Hell, bring back the tracks from yesteryear, like Citta de Aria and Costa di Amalfi in GT4, and some more memorable tracks like Special Stage Route 11 in GT1 and GT3, as well as Complex String in GT3!

People here have no idea that it is stressful to develop a game while trying to interact with fans!

true, it seems that Kaz is also the PR for PD. Based on interviews
 
Geez this all is starting to sound like parents pleading with a teenager "just tell us why you are smoking cigarettes and listening to that loud noise you call 'music'???"

I mean I agree I want info and have asked for transparency for a while but this is getting to desperation levels that are somewhat sad, not sure if this reflects more on the nature of the fans PD has created, or on PD themselves or both.
 
Except that in this case PD promised us that we'd be stopping for lunch, every hour there would be a pee break, and that we could bring our own CD's to listen to in the car instead of dad's old Johnny Cash and Patsy Kline mix CD's. We've been in the car for three days and the only food we've had is some stale peanuts Dad found in the glovebox (which he made us pay for if we wanted to eat), a hot can of coca-cola to share between the three of us (also charged for), and we are nowhere near our destination (which is still unknown to us, dad just said to trust him wehen we left home and we haven't heard a word out of him since). We've heard a rumour that Dad is already planning our next holiday destination and that he's likely to drop us off in the middle of nowhere and pick us up on the way through.
But it's Dad. Daddy loves me!!

Whilst I disagree I did enjoy the extension of my metaphor. Thank you.
 
Geez this all is starting to sound like parents pleading with a teenager "just tell us why you are smoking cigarettes and listening to that loud noise you call 'music'???"

I mean I agree I want info and have asked for transparency for a while but this is getting to desperation levels that are somewhat sad, not sure if this reflects more on the nature of the fans PD has created, or on PD themselves or both.

I think it says a lot about the general appreciation of the fans for what PD are capable of that said fans are sticking around generally, waiting for news. Instead of simply saying "**** you, PD, I'm outta here".

I think it says a lot about PD that they apparently don't notice this.
 
Perhaps PD is beginning to relegate GT6 to the priority level of "Prologue", based on the incoming sales figures. Maybe there has been a reduction in resources devoted to GT6 of which we, the end users, have not been informed. It seems seasonal content is more prolific for GT5 that GT6. Personally, I am about to take delivery of a PC dedicated for iRacing. Whereas I have a finite amount of time each week for a virtual race car, not sure at the moment where it will take me. Not all that new to iRacing. However, it may be that my "play time" moves from GT6 to iRacing. I do not consider myself a unique marketing study but more of a member of the masses. Trend, anyone?

I wonder if Sony/PD may be trying to cut losses, so to speak, by pulling resources from the GT6/PS3 project and moving them to the GT7/PS4 project. It may be the ROI (return on investment) with further enhancements to GT6 has been calculated to be much less than the ROI that Sony/PD hope to earn with GT7. I would seem that the market share of GT6 sales is very flat and it may stand to reason that further enhancement of the product will not move additional copies of the game off the shelves. What about additional sales of the PS3 console? Processing utilization has been maxed, no communication by PD, nothing but the occasional time trials as far as seasonals, promotion of GT Academy which only involves the physics engine, not additional content or a coursemaker, etc.

...and then, I may just be completely off my rocker panel, too.
 
Is anyone expecting any kind of update tonight? (Or rather, 0300 GMT Tomorrow, Friday)
 
Care to provide a link, with an Official post? If not than I wont believe a word of it....Rumors are old.
 
It's in the thread that got locked, well, one of them. "It's now March where is the promised update", or something along those lines.
 
But it's Dad. Daddy loves me!!

Whilst I disagree I did enjoy the extension of my metaphor. Thank you.

Cheers mate, I'm glad you took my post in the spirit intended. :cheers:
 
It's in the thread that got locked, well, one of them. "It's now March where is the promised update", or something along those lines.


So far ive seen nothing but vagabond posts telling people too be nice...

Heres a post by Vagabond that looks "Real promising"...

I see GT6 in a similar light to rFactor 2. Both are in a process of continual production and improvement and yet had to be purchased to access and play. The main differences are that ISI acknowledge the beta status of their product and communicate effectively through their forums, whereas PD, for some bizarre reason I can't fathom, won't admit anything and refuse to offer us even a crumb to keep our attention. That's not hating, its just a sad fact.



**Edit**Well that was enough forum sifting, ill go ahead and assume it was another garbage rumor. That is until someone provides me an actual link.. not gna waste 5 hours of time sifting threw the forums for a rumor.
 
OK, thanks for keeping us up to speed. BTW, I didn't make it up.
 
So far ive seen nothing but vagabond posts telling people too be nice...

Heres a post by Vagabond that looks "Real promising"...

I see GT6 in a similar light to rFactor 2. Both are in a process of continual production and improvement and yet had to be purchased to access and play. The main differences are that ISI acknowledge the beta status of their product and communicate effectively through their forums, whereas PD, for some bizarre reason I can't fathom, won't admit anything and refuse to offer us even a crumb to keep our attention. That's not hating, its just a sad fact.



**Edit**Well that was enough forum sifting, ill go ahead and assume it was another garbage rumor. That is until someone provides me an actual link.. not gna waste 5 hours of time sifting threw the forums for a rumor.

It's been documented a bit on here, if your calling info from the site founder @Jordan garbage then you need to think.
 
It's been documented a bit on here, if your calling info from the site founder @Jordan garbage then you need to think.

Please provide me with a link, that shows the post with the Information your saying exists.
 
Back