Just talk to us

  • Thread starter Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 68 comments
  • 3,540 views

Would you prefer that Sony provided a community spokesperson

  • Yes

    Votes: 92 91.1%
  • No

    Votes: 9 8.9%

  • Total voters
    101
Ah so he posts on the 27th that we would be getting an update in 7 days... So...Looks like that isn't happening...

Anyhoo thanx for the links guys.
 
Waiting in a restaurant, it'd be nice to have one of the waiters/waitresses stopping by occasionally, adding water with a caring smile and saying "the chef is working on your orders, thanks for your patience".

It's comforting, isn't it? Even if the waiting is more than half an hour. Even if we know it's busy as hell in the kitchen, and there's a pile of other orders in front of ours. Because we got information, we got response. We're treated as human beings.

It's way better than getting only "A Minute..." flashing by, which could be fast enough to present Doppler effect, so we can barely hear the end of the sentence. Eye-contact? Not a chance.

And it's definitely much much better than nothing at all.

People interact. Through communications with other individuals, we feel ourselves human beings.


BTW, I'd tell my son how far and how long it is before the journey. If he asks something halfway, I'd tell him what I know and what I'm doing. Simply put, I treat him as a human and communicate with language. It's working well since he was 2.

And, hey, we're not toddlers. We're not just crying and screaming. We can talk and read, can't we?
 
The communication problem is possibly 50% cultural. But there's a strong element of nonchalance that I don't care for one little bit.
 
The communication problem is possibly 50% cultural. But there's a strong element of nonchalance that I don't care for one little bit.

No, it's not. It's 100% just Polyphony.

Japanese companies know the importance of communicating with their customers and the importance of customer service as well as anybody. There's plenty of Japanese developers that communicate well, and plenty of Euro/US developers that don't communicate at all.

I'm currently playing Kantai Collection, a cute little Japanese web game that has become quite popular. The developers for that game give frequent game updates, news and updates via Twitter. And I haven't paid them a cent.

PD on the other hand have (some proportion of) forty of my dollars, and they can't get their **** together enough to tell the world what has happened to their February update. At the end of the first week of March.

Boourns.
 
PD on the other hand have (some proportion of) forty of my dollars, and they can't get their **** together enough to tell the world what has happened to their February update. At the end of the first week of March.

Boourns.
After being patient for as long as I can remember, I'm quite fed up now that a week into March has passed and no communication from PD has made its way to the players.

What's one to think, you know? It doesn't bother me so much that I don't have any new content yet, but the fact that PD hasn't informed us one bit on their schedule for GT6 just crosses me the wrong way.

Shrug.
 
BTW, I'd tell my son how far and how long it is before the journey. If he asks something halfway, I'd tell him what I know and what I'm doing. Simply put, I treat him as a human and communicate with language. It's working well since he was 2.
Yes but in my metaphor the kid has asked 100 times already and we've only just left the driveway.

Although I have to admit that now we're a fair bit into the journey and it may be ok to start asking...
 
GRAN TURISMO is sony biggest franchise on the PLAYSTATION BIGGEST!! and yet they have no community forums so sad project cars please come soon
 
Back