Kaido Battle in America!

You guys will love it 👍

The PAL version rocks because of the BBS translations. You actually know what's going on now :lol:

xsquizet-drifte
i can't wait till it comes outi am getting it, only 20.00 dollars
Really 20 bucks?! Thats sweet. Then again TXR3 was also 20 bucks. What a steal!

lol yea, hopefully they will come out with a new tokyo extreme racer game again, i know they got one coming out for the 360, but what about us ps2 guys we need a new one to.

No, they're done on ps2, yet I don't know why they would call KB2 Tokyo Extreme Racer... totally different games.

This is why I stay with imported games. Then you get the games you want immerdiately. The rest has a 20% chance to get the game, and if you are so lucky to get the game, you get it 2 years later.... better later than never of course, but still... I have Kaido Battle 3 since July or so... I can highly recommend this game though, it's really great !

NSX-R
Is it true that the game automatically counter-steers for you? Does it support DFP?

No and Yes :)

I'm really attracted to this game and all, but I am not a drift fan...at all, so is there anyway a person can grip their way through this game? I'm afraid it's going to be "Initial-D arcady" where "drifting"(without even countersteering) is the fastest way around. Can anyone enlighten me on this? And most importantly, what's the physics like?

NSX-R
I'm really attracted to this game and all, but I am not a drift fan...at all, so is there anyway a person can grip their way through this game? I'm afraid it's going to be "Initial-D arcady" where "drifting"(without even countersteering) is the fastest way around. Can anyone enlighten me on this? And most importantly, what's the physics like?

If you are no drift fan, this is not a game for you.
There are many cars to choose ( also European cars for example).
You have nice weather effects, different seasons, nice grafics and a solid sound.
The tracks are all real life tracks all over Japan ( only mountain roads ).

In the main mode the game is splited into two parts :

day : It's only about drifting. You get points for drifting ( depending on angle and speed, if you hit a wall : all points are lost) in certain areas of the track, ususally hairpins and curves. You have sponsors, and the possibility to tune and setup your car individually ( like in Tokyo Extreme racer).
You have to race on each track with several diffferent cars ( FF,FR,4WD ) and in different sections.

night : same tracks, but this time it's about racing against other cars. That can be a time attack, or a drift competition or a like in Tokyo Xtreme Racer SP Battle ( life gauge )... You have a few hundret rivals, organized in teams, just like in the TXR series.

The gameplay... it's not like Initial D... It is in between realistic and arcade imo, maybe drifting is a little too easy compared to real life, but it's absolutly demanding and by no means like ridge racer or so ...

One of the bst racing games out there, and it provides easily 50 hours + of fun.

Thanks for bringing the news to these forums, Ryosuke. I forgot to do it.

It's a step forward and back at the same time because, although it's great to get a drifting game in english and NTSC, the follow-up to it, Kaido Battle 2: Chain Reaction is already being sold in europe renamed as Kaido Racer and already translated to english.

Now that drifting is becoming a major sport in the US, Crave must rush and bring the next two titles still in 2006. That would be fantastic...

NSX-R, to answer your question... Yes and no. Most of the races requires some drifting (specially the ones in the morning), but the majority of night races are just to beat opponents, like in the Shutokou series. Only some of them force you to drift. So, you decide.

Thanks guys! I'm still interested in the game, however I still have a few questions...

1)What would you compare the physics to? Like with other games?
2)Support DFP completely with 900 degrees? (Sorry didn't ask about 900 degrees before)
3)How many choices when it comes to exterior customization?
4)Is Crave planning on releasing new verision of the series soon in the North America?

OMG, YES! woot! 👍 I've been debating getting Initial D or Wangan Midnight imports for PS2 with the PS2 Japan Import CD (from my local asian marketplace) but this should do just fine!

I'm getting chills.

NSX-R
Thanks guys! I'm still interested in the game, however I still have a few questions...

1)What would you compare the physics to? Like with other games?
2)Support DFP completely with 900 degrees? (Sorry didn't ask about 900 degrees before)
3)How many choices when it comes to exterior customization?
4)Is Crave planning on releasing new verision of the series soon in the North America?

I'm only going by the JP version of KB2, so nuh.

1) The physics are a cross between TXR3 and GT3. The easiest way to drift I found was just to equip sports tyres and make sure you've got a fairly ballanced suspension setup. The settings do make a difference, well i've found. Oh also there is no stupid TXR3 half spinout crap, but you can spin your car if you try oh man my Sierra Cosworth was so tail happy.

2) KB2 didn't support the DFP in 900, mainly because it was out before GT4:Prologue was even out.
3) You get one choice of aero, some licenced (C-West, Mugen etc) some not. Also you can have a carbon fibre hood, change the lights and add a spoiler (BUT ONLY ADD A SPOILER IF THE CAR NEEDS IT OR I WILL BE ANGRY AT YOU GRR). Also you can do sponsor challenges, which give you certain parts and you can stick the sponsors sticker on your car. When you do this, it gives you more cash for the day races and it does add up once you've got allot of sponsors.

4) Nobody knows, whooooooooooooowowowowowowowowow.

I wish they would though, because I can't play KB2 after playing KB3. I'd realy enjoy a translation of KB3.

Also what stops me playing KB2 is the car models, compared to GT4 they don't look that nice and they all seem to have rough edges. KB3 has much better car models, but then it doesn't have any cosworths so gah.

Also they took out that iro crazy million corners course that was also in the initial d game in KB3.

I wouldn't expect much from the physics -- it is made by Genki, after all. :lol: Oh well, it'll probably be a great, quirky little arcade racer, with a nice car and course selection.

FINALLY!!! I CAN PLAY KAIDO BATTLE!!! WOOHOO!!! (starts dancing) :D This game should be a great alternitave to other racing console games in the U.S.

Wolfe2x7
I wouldn't expect much from the physics -- it is made by Genki, after all. :lol: Oh well, it'll probably be a great, quirky little arcade racer, with a nice car and course selection.

:lol:! Little do you know...i thought the same as you...this game rivals GT4 in physics, this aint no easy arcade outing pal:P

About 75% of this game I have been gripping.]

The other 25% have been in the day time events and a couple of CA challenges.

NSX-R
So without drifting this game won't keep going?

Yes, if you are playing through conquest mode, there are times where you have to show your drifting skill to proceed. Like someone made the comparison before, car physics are sorta like TXR+GT3.

Even doing time attack, if someone is behind you you may actually want to drift to try and block them from passing on the tight mountain roads.

There is plenty of grip racing in there too, except for the races where you actually have to drift for points, you can drive however you want. I myself am a drifting man so Im drifting all over the place.

The worst thing you can do before trying this game is to expect it to be like NFSU drifting. Its 100x better of a game than that, and surely worth a rent if you're not sure if you would like it or not.
Ashley.
:lol:! Little do you know...i thought the same as you...this game rivals GT4 in physics, this aint no easy arcade outing pal:P
It sure does, and Kaido Battle 3 is even harder/more realistic than this Drift Racer (KB2)!!

Thanks! Now I will definitely get the game! Especially after hearing how good the physics is! Too bad it doesn't support 900 degrees for DFP.

Lamboracer
I hope that graphics are better than what ign shows...
dont get me wrong but these graphics http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/491/491413/img_1599767.html are better than these http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/491/491413/img_1815124.html. But that lsat pictures is worse than this http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/491/491413/img_1622684.html. So whats the deal. The first one is japanese, the second is under genki and the 3rd is crave?

Well these pics have a different resolution etc.... The game actually looks really nice, especially if you consider its age.

Latest Posts

Back