Kaido Battle in America!

And maybe this newer Kaido you speak of will be just as fun as TXRD2 even if most gaming media types think this game series is a load of crap. * I unlocked a new set of cars after beating Miracles Summit. I got myself the Renault Clio V6. It's battling with my ASL Garaiya as my flagship grip car. * I finally cleared the Mitsubishi Cup Advance Race with my Lancer Evolution VIII MR. What makes Shiga Kusatsu so hard to drift is that even though there are two lanes of roadway, it really feels like one big lane of highway. Drifts can be tough to execute here since you dno't have too much in the way of extra road length. I was more than fortunate to win a CA Battle (which the Mitsubishi Cup is) here. Careful rally adjustments helped me to swing the car out in corners efficiently to eventually win. This is a great car I picked up from the Used Car lot.

I also hope for a descent Kaido Racer on Xbox 360.

But I´m still a bit confused:

Is TXR drift 2 the game like Kaido Battle 3??

Does anyone have a faq on how to find the hard to find racers? I'm going threw on rainy days and such but it seems I have more than that left to beat or something.

I've gotten back into Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2... and I'm rusty as hell! I'm telling you. Try not playing a game seriously in months and trying to drift as you were in your prime in a game. I am nowhere near "top of my game" right now! No fun. So comes a time in which one must re-learn what one has learned before.

Most recent thing I've been doing in this game was that I purchased a Toyota MR2 (the 1990s type) to try to make a drift star. I gave it a nice, crimson color as well as some red accents on some lovely wheels. Blue and gold are normally my team colors for my games, but I've went with red because the 1990s MR2's best seem like Ferraris to me. And Ferraris are sweet in red. So I went with my alternative colors of red. I'll try to re-learn my drifting skills and maybe have a few rehab assignments (to use Major League Baseball terms) racing against drivers I've beaten.

One last note... NEVER play a racing game with the Driving Force Pro still attached to the PS2! It's why I was unable to get out of the starting gate when I tried to do some test runs.

You're talking to the wrong guy for that. Last I've heard was that there was going to be a Wangan Midnight game for the PS3. No other plans on if Genki is thinking about making Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 3 (hypothetical name) for the PS3 or not. All I know is that this game (which almost everyone bashed to bits) isn't as bad as people think.

Time I revive this old thread. I'm playing TXRD2 again, mostly to refresh my skills and to reacquaint myself with my cars. The Lancer Evolution VIII MR and Subaru Impreza STi (GDB) are essentially my best rally cars. Last night with Google Earth, I actually traced out some of the locations you race at in this game. I was able to trace out Haruna, Akagi, Hakone Nanamagari, and Happogahara.

I'm loaded with money- 148,709,000 CP. So I could basically fool around with any such car and build a potent racing machine with that money. I admit I have a habit of trying to make cars TOO uncontrollable just to drift them easier. I'm now looking at some of my cars and thinking about having a more decent setup for my cars. Great to come back to this game.

Im going to revive this thread as JB did in May. Anyone playing? I have been off and on. I'm on day 15 with around 2 million CP in the bank (Sad I know) But I'm looking to drop it all into a drift car, This game was not made with FF cars in mind. and I bought one for my first car :( Money is crazy hard to come by.

yeah im playing D2, And im using the Gymkhana, But I need to buy a damn FR so I got 2million looking to buy one. I really don't know what to buy lol

Sorry to bring back the thread like this but....

....did anyone notice when you pause in TXRD 2 during gameplay you can hear cars drifing on the mountains....like a supra w/ the bov or SR' engines? I like to have the volume up enough till its enjoyable and leave it like that, and imagine the sounds are coming from the streets.

Yeah, I've noticed that myself. Haven't played the game in a while, but I do have these memories among others.

Hi guys! I've been posting this on the steering wheels part of the forum but got no answer....so I'll try my luck here ;)

Has anyone tried this game with the new Fanatec Porsche Turbo S Wheel?
I've been using a DFP with this game but I can't play more than half an hour before the wheel gets hot from all the turning. I ordered this new wheel form Fanatec and I read that it has a Drift Mode so I was wondering if it plays well and for a longer time than my DFP can stand.

Love this game but never been much good with the drifts.

Hi guys! I've been posting this on the steering wheels part of the forum but got no answer....so I'll try my luck here ;)

Has anyone tried this game with the new Fanatec Porsche Turbo S Wheel?
I've been using a DFP with this game but I can't play more than half an hour before the wheel gets hot from all the turning. I ordered this new wheel form Fanatec and I read that it has a Drift Mode so I was wondering if it plays well and for a longer time than my DFP can stand.

Love this game but never been much good with the drifts.

drift mode on a wheel???

I know force feedback means automatic counter steer.

I just buy the special cars and redo the whole game, I use the Genki S2000 since it's actually the same car from Hot Version(Powerhouse Amuse Orange S2000 Oh yeah!)

Since this thread use to be quite popular I though following: is anyone willing for a time attack challenge similar to budget challenges - use specific amount of money to create fastest TA car as possible - since there is not specific thread to create this I might contact nearest admin for advice but i need at least 3 volunteers for decent challenge. It might be good idea to pick up some fun from TXRD2 here on gtplanet.
Who would like to give it a shot ? :)

Back