Kaido Battle in America!

Could someone get me the "Handles" of the Kingdom Twelve and Thirteen Devils? They're hard to pick out of the list, and I need them for...Literary...purposes.

they are usually the last 2 on each of those lists.

yeah but everything on mine is different, my graphics look cleaner than those in the vid...i'll just have to put a pic up of each of mine...and to godzilla gtr: yes the TXRD that i have is the S15 and the RX7, and the KB has them too but with more stickers on it and the RX7 is blue i think...oh and i do believe it has an R34 but i have not watched it long enough yet, but at the start of the opening vid it shows an R34 in like a flash of light that's B&W...i'll get some pics soon...👍

I'm pretty sure you have number 1 and 2?

Ok this game has been out for a while now and all of us has gotten pretty far and also pretty good.

I think its time to start posting out TA times and TA points wit a vid.

lets start showing off what we can do

I've figured out my ideal CA car.

I'm a 4WD drifter.

for some reason, can get higher CA scores from a 4WD than an FR or FF. I guess it's my side-brake pulling habit.

So, Current Main car, Lancer Evo 6, [EEVEE6] and also have Impreza STI III, [RUHROH]

Terrible puns, I know.

finall y got some pic's of my car's lol:)

my drift supra: [ CY1FLY ] 950+hp(have another the same but black with 5 spoke dished wheel's and [ CYIFLY ] plates, was my 3rd car lol)

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

My [ DVSNSX ] (might be [ DVLNSX ] can't remember lol)

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

my two main sponser car's:

RX7 [ ISLIDE ]
IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

2 door trueno [ DRIFTA ](my 2nd car)

IMG_0009-1.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

and lastly my R34 [ GDZILA ]

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

sorry about the crappy pic's, i was in a hurry.

I was looking for a thread for the Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift series... but only got this one. Tell you what. I'm enjoying this new sort of deal more than the classic Tokyo Xtreme Racer games. The classic Tokyo Xtreme Racer games featured mostly highway racing in which you needed to try to outrun your opponent as best as possible. The Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift series seems to be more about pure road racing prowess. It's very fitting since I consider myself more of a grip kind of person than drift. I sometimes have trouble getting proper drifts. And considering these narrow roads, it's more like a rally game. I think it's about time someone sees drifting like it's rallying. Hell. I've always equated drifting with rallying just on getting the car sideways and navigating corners properly. The game does a great job balancing sanctioned race events in the daytime, and then illegal racing against fierce foes at night. I had trouble finding a used car to start off with. I started with a Mazda 6. I figured the game was about drifting, and drifting isn't any good unless you have an RWD vehicle. So I started a new game and picked up a Toyota Levin 3-door. Won a good number of races until I got blown out by one of those Hi-Gamblers. I started another new game. Now my ride of choice is a car I usually don't like very much- the Nissan Silvia K's. I have everything to make it go faster. My strength is with real road racing. I'm not extremely talented at drifting. I have Yours and TakeOff as sponsors.

I will focus mostly on the tracks and some of the basic game elements from my observations in this post.

Now to the racing itself.

You start off with either Hakone or Hiroshima. I'm not very far in the game. So I'll describe tracks by what I'm doing in Record Challenge Mode. I say this because you can basically race any available car and race any course you haven't yet unlocked in Conquest Mode.

TXRD2 TRACK SYNOPSIS

---HAKONE--- Hakone is a beautiful course with lots of greenery and beautiful sakura trees (I love them personally). It is a simple course. I spend most of my drifting time there. ---HIROSHIMA--- The scenery around Hiroshima is very beautiful as well. You have to be a bit more cautious in the turns and make sure you clear the hairpins well. There are a lot more sakura trees in Hiroshima than Hakone. It's a beautiful sight. You may even face lots of sharp corners towards the end of your downhill run.

--- HARUNA --- Haruna has a steady rhythm to it. A lot of the corners seem very smooth. So you're likely to enjoy getting bursts of speed around Haruna. The roads of Haruna seem wider than most of the other courses. You'll even see some three-lane roads. Wider roads and wide turns mean you're better able to complete a drift without whacking a wall. With about two miles to go, you encounter a series of four consecutive hairpins. Well... so much for the EASY flow of the track! It's a surprising course with consistent corners.

--- AKAGI --- God bless you if you can get loads of drifts around here. This track is in a beautiful mountain setting with lots of forestry around. This course was literally DESIGNED for drifting! There are all the switchbacks chicanes, and all needed to make this a great course to drift or race around. Chaining drifts together is very possible around this course. You can edge out some quick slide jobs around some of the different left-right combinations leading up to the sharp turn at 1.75 miles left downhill. With 0.5 miles to go, you face four series of sharp (yet smooth) hairpins. Get a speed break, then focus your energy on another chicane leading to two sharp left turns in succession. A true drifter's paradise.

--- URA ROKKO --- Using the word "beautiful" is a recoccuring theme, isn't it? Well, this is a REALLY beautiful course. The combination of trees, flower bushes, and a lot of fencing makes racing this course more like being at a big park than country roads. You face a number of turns which are a cross between snake-like turns to the teeth of some gears. The track seems to be very short as well. A few consecutive sharp turns stand between you and the finish line in the downhill direction.

--- OMOTE ROKKO --- This is a mountainous course with fall foilage. The track is pretty damn harsh if you're not on top of your game. Some sharp turns of many varieties impact this course, including a number of hairpins. Sometimes, consecutive hairpins. It's a landscape you can appreciate if you live in a city where fall foilage and hills make up the landscape. I race this track and sometimes... I envision this as Autumn Hill and Autumn Mountain from Enthusia. They're one in the same in terms of cloudy skies with fall foilage.

--- SHIGA KUSATSU --- Few significant natural features dominate this track. It is a bit dull to race around. However, the course favors a car with great top speed and can still navigate a series of decisive corners. Some of the track seems to empty that you'll begin feeling like you'll veer off the road and roll your way down the mountain tumbling. The most interesting section of the track comes when you're 0.8 miles away from the finish going downhill. It begins with a sharp left hairpin. After a kink in the road exiting the corner, there's a smoother hairpin followed by a pretty sharp corner. This specific sharp corner can be thought of as Terte Rouge at Le Mans, only it's a left turn. The track is more of a course dominated by a lot of steel arches, some lonely trees, and miles of tricky corners.

--- NIKKO --- This is a beautiful autumn course in the late afternoon. There are the standard fanfare of amazing hills and mountains in addition. Consistent cornering a good driver makes. And nowhere is that more apparent than with this course on mountain roads. There are a number of similar corners here. Almost like you're given a corner for practice, then be able to race the same corner a few more times in succession. Past 3.2 miles left to the Finish, you face a sweeping left corner that decreases in radius to a corner that's almost an 80-degree left-hand corner. Then, get ready for a ride- a series of 10 consecutive hairpins! Some of them have kinks in the road, but you're still facing 10 corners. It's hell for most drivers, but a chance to pick up some drift points if you're the daring type. Sweeping corners await you after the 10th consecutive hairpin. Initial D had "Five Dangerous Hairpins!", but this track has about 10 in succession. Then, you'll face two more hairpins. The difference here is that you can get up to speed better. The final section is fast. There are even two final right-hand corners that feel like a NASCAR oval. Only flat. Don't even think about racing this course until you have incredible racing skills and a potent car to take advantage of these pounding corners.

--- ZAO --- This track on Honshu Island is VERY long. At just over 7 miles long, you'll be here for a while. While you enjoy your stay, you're treated to snow... lots of it. This can be thought of as a Japanese version of the Swedish Rally on tarmac. The first few sections of track are all about speed with long straights and smooth corners. You don't face a tight hairpin until around 3.97 miles left to the [downhill] finish. You face another one with around 3.5 miles left to go. There's a sweeping right that leads to a very sharp hairpin followed by a sharp left corner past 1.70 miles left. It's a long course, but it isn't a very daunting one. The winter sceneryis amazing with all the deciduous trees with snow on them. Hate to imagine a snowy race here! You certainly know that's possible if you're in such a setting.

--- ASO --- This track is on Kyushu Island. And like Zao, it's also in a snowy setting. It's much shorter than Zao as well. You can enjoy higher speeds around these parts. You face more corners than at Zao. Past 1.55 miles left to the finish, there is a very sharp left corner. May as well be a 90-degree corner. The later stages kind of remind me of GT4's Chamonix, only with room for two-wide action. A lot of the snow-banked sections of this course are like a lap around Chamonix. Perhaps safe to say you'll love this track if you love Chamonix.

And that does it for the standard tracks you can race on.

Record Challenge features a bunch of other courses for you to unlock. Here are all of them:

* Hokkaido - a true rally course with gravel roads
* Hakone Nanamagari - Hakone's beauty with an alternate course; endless sharp hairpins and sharp corners
* Usuitouge - a beautiful course in a serene rural location
* Myougisan -
* Happogahara - Lots of stone walls mixed with some lush greenery
* Yokohama - a very short romp through some narrow streets in Yokohama (I wanted to unlock this first because a friend of mine who used to go to my Community College is from Yokohama.)

* Yukinoohtani - A snowy course with very tall walls of snow
* Kirigamine - banked walls, a big bridge, and lush forests

BASIC OPINIONS:

Pros:
+ amazing scenery
+ two ways to play- legal and illegal
+ interesting additions of paddocks and garages
+ wide variety of cars
+ lovely menus
+ nice intro movie
+ sponsorship to boost money
+ the sense of community in the game- stuff like forums as well as drivers with personalities. Some may say it's a welcome change from faceless opponents

+ variety among tracks- not just city highways
+ road surfaces are also different
+ most of the nighttime racing music is better than the daytime racing music

Cons:
- the speedometer numbers (the digital numbers) is ugly. I'd prefer some more digital numbers
- most of the in-race music is bad to terrible
- whack a wall at ANY time during drift sections in CA battle- lose all points and can't make them up! Ouch!
- most of the daytime racing music is worse than the nighttime racing music

FINAL THOUGHTS:
People are going to say that this is just some also-ran in the realm of racing games. At least it's an also-ran that's still very fun to play. They aren't glamourous games in this series, but it's still a very underrated title. Not the best, certainly not the worst. (Verdict: 8.25/10.00)

lol you and your HUGE post's:D Nice post though;)

anyway i started with a brand new mirage cyborg ZR, it can get about 350hp+ with just stage 1 and 2 part's(when silvia's can only get 300 or so) and is a machine at the CA battle's(drift, Corner Attack). Just nail it into the corner's grab the hand brake, get 90 degree+ angles around the corner then back on the gas at the exit to straiten it back up in an instant.

I love Japan. These Japanese settings look absolutely amazing. I'm doing some Gymkhana runs now. All I need to do is raise enough money to get a normally-aspirated car to compete in an Advanced Race. After a 2nd place run at Gymkhana Level 7, I'm at 853,000 CP. I still need an extra 500K or so to get the Toyota Levin I'm looking for.

I have this game as a rental. I may end up buying it. That is, if I can find it at a store. Finding the most powerful car in this game series has been somewhat of a big deal for me. I forget what car I had in Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero to start with. I do know that I started with a Toyota Chaser in TXR3 en route to succeeding in Nagoya. So you could say I'm a Toyota guy though I'm using a perfectly good old Nissan. Good thing about the Used car lot is that there are some tuned parts installed and waiting for you to go out and drive. Mine had a GT wing I didn't like. So I came off with my own GT wing and sold the old GT wing for some good profit.

I like what I'm playing. I'll keep making some runs around the track.

nice, well the RZ supra get's about 1017hp and the R34 get's roughly 1098hp.

The Audi RS6 get's 1200hp:D

If you get stuck(everyone does in this game lol) Gamefaqs has a brilliant list of the racer's in the game and how to draw them out. I linked to it a page or two back.

You should be able to get it, most people are saying the best bet in the US is toys r us ($14.95).

This is going to sound like some cheap infomercial, but...

My Toyota Levin 3-door wasn't doing it for me. So like a mother animal searching for food to feed her children, I took my Silvia out to go hunt for some extra CP to get a newer car. I had enough money to trade in my Toyota Levin GT-Apex for an early 1990s Mazda MX-5 Miata. After turning off ASM and TCS, and in addition to making the rear brakes stronger, my car was laying down some sick drifts and racking up points! I never realized the Miata made for a pretty decent drift car. I always seen it as a pure roadster that tackles corners. Never as a machine that can get some wicked slides on Japanese mountain roads. I even got a brand new high drift score total in CA passes- 4,573 points! My previous was somewhere in the 3,200 range. I needed a normally-aspirated car for the Advance Race. In the process, I picked up my first medal. I got the Perilous Medal.

This Miata is the new addition and is a true clutch player in my drifts. That's the magic behind drifting. You don't need a super-powerful car to win races. Power helps, but not on twisty roads with two lanes of passing. This is wicked sick! Also, my C-Level is now 3.

My rental of "Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2" ended as of Tuesday. I'll be looking to perhaps own this game someday or go for another rental. I'm going back to Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 thinking back as to what's changed since TXR3 and the drift-happy TXR Drift series. For one, more of a road racing focus. I know it's drifting, but I think of this more as an emphasis on either road racing or especially rally. Genki has made some pretty underrated racing games with this Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. The most love gaming media will normally give for games like these would be "play this if you're bored." Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 can be pretty damn fun. On a positive point, at least you won't have to worry about flying off of canyons in TXRD2 like you could in "Need for Speed: Carbon." Some would probably even prefer this over "NFS: Carbon" even if only for drift battles. You're fortunate to have room for about four cars in "NFS: Carbon's" Canyon battles. You need pure driving skill in TXRD2. Only a jackass can fail to find at least one remotely positive property of this game. It all works for me because I love Japan and Japanese landscapes. Sakura, hills, greenery, and the beauty of these country/urban roads. I'd love to go to Japan one day and experience the true beauty of the Japanese landscape (and their ladies, of course :D). I've actually been sold on this title. It may not be glamourous or deeply detailed, but it's something to play once you're sick of the overrated Burnout series and when losing Canyon battles gets old (especially an Aston Martin losing to a Lancer in Canyon battle!).

I live for racing. I mostly play racing games nowadays. I'd definitely pick up this game at a store. Man... I still have reoccuring visions getting wicked drift points in my Miata in TXRD2. I need to get this game!

I's definetly agree with you on all you said, IGN gave it about a 5 i think:(

it is a great game in it's own right, HEAPS of car's(alot like gran turismo, GTR's, lancer's, midget's, fiat abarhs etc, From one extreme to the other).

It's alos got some great track's and quite a few(about 7 shortl courses's and 11 long?), and it can't be beaten on price.

I'm about to go play it now lol, getting a bit sick of forza 2 and TDU...

You learn something every day. I did a search on Mt. Akina while I was reliving Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero (and being reacquainted with Speed King's wicked car). I learned that Mt. Akina in Initial D is Haruna in Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2! So gamers will get a chance to do some touge action on Mt. Akina in a game not based on Initial D. Most drift purists usually reserve racing Haruna when it's dark.

I didn't know that until I did a search online about Mt. Akina.

I found the game I was looking for finally at one Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart me and my family usually goes to didn't have it on shelves. But it wasn't until I checked out the batch of low-priced games when I saw a copy of the game. And as a result, I picked it up and bought it almost a minute before my parents would pick me up. It took all but five seconds to find the lone copy of this game I've been a bit addicted to. So I now own the game and look to climb the ladder to drifting success in this game.

No more Stage 1 for me. Just like in "The Jeffersons," I'm movin' on up. I'm a Stage 2 driver now. I've unlocked Haruna, Akagi, Ura Rokko, and Hakone Nanamagari. I'm even thinking about what cars I'd like to trade for something better. I stepped up from a moderately tuned S13 Silvia all the way up to a 180SX Type-X. I'm pushing about 250ps with this car. I'm still trying to look for a setting package that could give me seamless drifts. I'm trying to come up with one. So I won't need great amounts of help yet. Now among the silhouette characters, it looks like some ladies want to drift against me. Goes to show you that guys who race in Stage 2 get all the girls... until they try to own your ass on the drift stages. Some of the silhouettes do look a bit hot.

Let me talk about my cars now. Did I mention that I'm not normally a Nissan guy? Two of my top-flight cars so far are Nissans! These are some wicked cars in this game. Especially the proven drift machines (like the aforementioned S13 Silvia and the 180SX I'm using at current). I feel it's the wheelbase of cars like the S13 Silvia and the 180SX that are kind of hampering me in nailing great drifts. My Miata has a shorter wheelbase than either of the two Nissans I've used. Trouble is, my Nissans are still powerful enough to clear corners. My Miata can pull some nice drifts. Trouble is, it likely won't win too many speed contests. So I've been coming up short too often than not. There are even times when I'm going to cross the line without enough points in CA events. So what I do is spin around the track some more to pick up extra points. But I have to cross the line in time, or all my efforts will go for not. I try not to mess up too many settings with the car. My basic setup usually consists of turning off driver aids, strengthening the rear brakes, and weakening the front brakes. I usually go at a 3 setting for the front and a 7 setting for the rear.

I have no pictures to share, but I try to paint my cars a certain color. My "team" colors consist of dark blue and royal blue with gold accents. This combination of blue and gold is semi-inspired by Subaru. I prefer more of rich blue colors rather than blue colors closer to aquamarine or indigo. In addition to the blue colors, I try to look for gold-colored wheels to boot. The look (to me) of blue and gold carries on to my love of the night sky. The blue-colored cars sort of resemble a clear night sky (though skies at night are usually pitch black) while the gold accent consist of space matter including comets and twinkling stars. I haven't dressed up a car in my alternative colors yet, but my alternative colors are the same scheme, only replace the blue with red. I look for two shades of red: one dark, and the other bright (or at least brighter). The same gold color remains unchanged. If I can have something like a Manga car or something to sort of demonstrate team colors, then I'll share my colors in a future post.

Other than that, it's just kicking ass and taking names. Now I'm to work to get to C-Level 4 to compete in a CA Attack for FWD cars. I tried to drift out my Mitsubishi FTO in a Gymkhana session, and if this is any indication, it's going to be almost unfair to race this event.

I'm now at Stage 3 after beating the Haruna slasher. Before I even had a chance to look at new cars I've unlocked, I've been confronted by not one, but TWO different rivals. The first was a team battle, while the other was a heads-up SP race. Won both in my 180SX Type-X. I'm looking to upgrade to a better car. I'm convinced in this game that RWD is the way to go. During the overnight on Saturday, I found out how to get drift points with a FWD car. But man, it was hard. You have to basically get great acceleration as well as riding the E-Brake into corners. I did whack the wall a few times, but the experience was nothing like a RWD car set for drifting. I tried EVERYTHING and came out on top. It was for an Advance Race at Ura Rokko that was a CA battle. The other two were thankfully TA battles.

My nickname in the game used to be "PhatPunk" for a while. I recently became "The AbsoluteMajor." Now, I am "FrenziedBoy."

I traded my Mitsubishi FTO for a Honda S2000. But this is no ordinary S2000. This is my very first car I bought that's fully tuned. Meaning this car is going to kick ass before it performs a single touge run. I'll modify it in my "alternative" colors (two shades of red with gold accents). I noticed it was equipped with a Level 2 Racing Tire up front and Normal tires at the back. I did some Gymkhana runs and noticed a difference in the way the car reacted. You can drift pretty easy with this setup for a RWD car. However, you can't bring the back end around long enough to maintain control of your drifts. Otherwise, it's a combination I'll have to try with the Nissan. So when I had a combination of a Level 2 Racing Tire up front and Sport Tires at the rear, and after modifying the Brake Balance, I needed 3,000 points to clear the Gymkhana Level 1 CA race. I got ALL 3,000 points in that 180 corner! I was like... what the hell? This car's freaking awesome. I've never hated the S2000. Too bad this car will fall to the wayside when Honda unleashes the S800 (America's debut if you know about the S800 like in Gran Turismo 4). Now I'm trying to find ways to produce solid drits on the tough Omote Rokko course. I can already imagine losing big in a drift battle at Omote Rokko. Ouch!

Looks like clearing Omote Rokko, Shiga Kusatsu, and Nikko will be much harder than any of the other stages. But I'll do my best to teach these chump suckers what's up. You diggin' me, players?

lol, great post's, Congratulation's on getting the game:TUP:

Keep an eye out for the supra;), the best car in the game imo

I seen X-Play's review on Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2.

Review by: Adam Sessler
* game as convoluted as title
* nearly empty parking lots
* crappy as predecesor
* graphics with 2D backgrounds and RR
* tough to execute drifts
* crashing into rails and rock and trees

Rating: 1 out of 5

Most of you who know me on GTPlanet know that I've had plenty of beef with "X-Play" reviews. As I've said before, the game isn't glamorous, but it's not terrible. I've done some pretty good drifts in this game once I got the handling down and making practice passes. It does get confusing at times. Like, "what's a CA battle? What does it mean if my engine is at 'Critical!'?" I've played worse games. My worst of all-time is "Thunder Truck Rally." A pathetic racing game where you race monster trucks around off-road locations. The fun of monster truck racing is to enjoy big jumps. But do it too much in this game, and it's game over. Purely pathetic experience. So having said this, it's time I make a little editorial to people who may come across this thread.

Here's how recent times have come. I've had to make a tough decision- should I let go of my Nissan 300ZX? My Honda S2000 is performing so well and seems so perfect to me that I may have to let go of my Nissan 300ZX. The car still feels considerably heavy in the corners. I do have money invested on my Nissan S15 Silvia Spec-R. I need a Nissan because there is still an Advance race requiring a Nissan at Shiga Kusatsu. So what I decided to do is let go of my 300ZX and go for something lighter and more nimble. Yet, still a Nissan. So my new flagship sports car is the Honda S2000 and my other car is the Nissan S15 Silvia Spec-R. In addition, the decision to go with a bolt-on turbo for the Honda S2000 is resulting in better performance. I couldn't make power with its NA engine, so I went with a bolt-on turbo for more power. Now this S2000 is on point. I seem better able to make seamless drifts. If "X-Play" gave this game a 1 out of 5, my S2000 is a 5 out of 5. Maybe even 6. Sick ass car! I'm dominating Gymkhana events with this thing.

One last thing, I'm hoping to get more cars. It seems I'm closer to getting some of the bigger sports cars. At one point, I had as much as 30,000,000 CP just in Gymkhana monies alone with the S2000. I think I had 10,000,000 at one point. This amount of money would be like contracts pro athletes can be signed for!

A Ca battle is a drift battle, judged on angle and speed. A CAT battle is exactly the same but you are versing a ghost of an AI racer.

Criticle engine combo's are best. It means your engine is making the most power possible.

Just incase you were asking lol;)

If the reviewer's actually got a bit into the game i think the reviews would be ALOT different. Most of them seemed to be based of a heavy starting car like the mazda 6.

I had a Mazda 6 to start out when I first played it. I didn't do much racing because I wanted a front/RWD car to use, since it's essential to a good drift. I still imagined how hard it was to drift in FWD. You had to ride the handbrake and use careful steering and such.

Here's a funny deal. My new "flagship" car is the Honda S2000 as I sold my 300ZX. I went into a night battle, and I beat this three-member team. Coincidentally, they were all Nissans. It's a small world, I know.

CAT isn't against a ghost, it's when there is a point target for each corner and you have to meet that target, meaning you can't miss drifting any of them, or touch the wall in any corner. As soon as you do, it's a fail.

If I remember rightly, I get a Ghost of the other car (turned mine off as I hate ghost cars, they distract me too much) in the CA, though mine is on the course map on the side, the olde blue arrow

I like the CA races, but the CAT's are a night mare. One of the sponcers give you a CAT to complete in what I feel is a poorly set up Impreza wagon. It just grips too much for a drift comp. I use my STi for the iced stages because of the grip (though the gears need adjustment) while for everything else it's my yellow RX7 :)

Nowadays, I can't seem to win CA battles in some of the higher-up levels of the game. I still have some CA Battles that I have yet to win. I don't take too kindly to losing in the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. My usual criteria for losing in racing games is if I raced a car on the same level as my competition and fell short at my absolute best. But if it was about me losing to a Daihatsu Midget when there were some dirt roads around (which did happen to me), I IMMEDIATELY reload my last save. But one time, I lost and accidentally saved the game. Stage 3 is tough. * Omote Rokko has some tricky bends in the road. I went left on a right turn during a CA battle in the dark. The switchbacks here can be disasterous. * Shiga Kusatsu is low on breathtaking scenery, and it's not real fun to race either. It's no wonder I've struggled with CA battles at night here. I think of it as an incomplete race track. * Nikko starts easy, but finishes rough. Nikko is almost like Akagi. It won't make claustrophic types very happy, I'll tell you that.

It looks like I'll be here for a while trying to find out how exactly to win CA battles at night on Stage 3 tracks. The thing about these battles is that you have to clear the sections while also beating your opponent to the line. It can be frustrating at times. Almost feel like I'm spending weeks trying to clear the CA battles at night. Before each CA battle, I save the game. The CA battles are the races are the essence of the drift moniker for this game. Can't drift? Can't advance. I usually use Hakone and Hakone Nanamaagari as test tracks. But even they can be too easy when you're facing some of the tougher courses.

I'll find my way somehow... I'm thinking about getting a 4WD car of some kind for my battles. Most of the big Japanese guns aren't available for me to purchase yet. I recently unlocked the Mazda RX-8 as well as a Stage 4 Turbo kit. Perhaps more power for my S2000? Thanks for reading.

Sounds like you're in the same boat I'm in. I've gone back to messing about in GT4. the CAT battles are REALLY driving me batty.

Omote Rokko has some tricky bends in the road. I went left on a right turn during a CA battle in the dark. The switchbacks here can be disasterous.

Now, why does that remind me of a scene from "Cars?" But, I digress, that's a tough track.

I like the CA races, but the CAT's are a night mare. One of the sponcers give you a CAT to complete in what I feel is a poorly set up Impreza wagon. It just grips too much for a drift comp.

Here's a tip, with cars that grip too much in the sponser tests, do the tests during a rainy/stormy/snowy day. It drifts alot better during thoses conditions.

Yeah, I've started using my STi more in races at Zao and Aso, so have gotten more used to it on the slicker tracks, but currently I have enough sponcers that let me rake in the dough ;) Cheers for the tip though :)

Back