Kaido Battle

The trailer is of a S15 Silvia and a RX7 not too rx7s :P. It kind of reminds me of initial d. Looks good and i hope it comes out to australia.

:drool:.....That is a game??

No freaking way! That is so incredible! The trailer of the RX-7 and Silvia..... :drool: And the song! :drool:

Do you have anymore information on this game? I'm really excited about this!

BTW: Does anyone know the name of the song in the RX-7/Silvia trailer?

i wasnt very impressed. I didnt see a rain clip and have yet to download the lancer clip so i guess its that one.

the graphics were okay, nothing spectacular. car noises were very generic. the ae86 engine noise is horrible, the real life one is so different. the physics didnt look too great either. the course was very generic, back and forth, back and forth. some more detailed and varied scenery would be much better.

For a drfting game i just wish for better tracks in gt3. there are no good driftin tracks. like motorsportsland in gt2. a touge like in this game and initial d would be great. a track where the fastest route would actually be via drifting. that way you could really get in great battles with friends. not taking it slow every corner, but trying to be the fastest. gt3 physics with camber tweaks and tires is very realistic.

theres a ****ty psx initial d game thats been out for like 4 years. i think the ps2 game might be based on the arcade game thats out now. the game is highly praised, and i think its called "arcade stage, or battle stage". Im sure ae86driver can clear this up.

There are actually quite a few japanese drift games i think. another is based on the manga "wangan midnight", called the same name. i saw a trailer a while back and it looked pretty sweet. I think it is based on tokyo extreme racer but would guess its a bit better.

wangan is highway street racing.

you know what i mean. the stylized japanese racing games. made after anime or manga.

sorry I didn't read this any sooner advan,I've been busy playing Devil May Cry 2 ^_^.Well,anyways...yes,the game is called Initial D Special Stage.It's the 2nd Initial D arcade game from what I understand.I've already preordered my copy of it from www.ncsx.com

it comes out March the 27th in Japan.There's no guarantee that the shelves of wal-mart will get to see it though,looks like this one is also only stayin' in Japan or maybe another foreign country.I've downloaded some awsome videos from this upcoming Initial D game,and it looks sooooo awsome ^_^.But,just one problem I've noticed....the only song they ever play on the videos is Grand Prix?They better have MORE than just that one song from Initial D to race to.And yes,they have the Mecha-Tuned AE86,I saw it race against the RX-7 ^_^,if anybody in here has an AOL account and they want to see one of these videos,then I can send it to you.

AE86Driver

ummm.....it has come to my attention that the Initial D Special Stage game has been delayed to June!a whole 4 months from now....damn....well,you can still preorder it like I have and just go on with your lives till 4 months,then you might forget about it,till one day you get your mail,then,"hey!it finally got here!".So,just thought I'd let the people know that won't visit the ncsx website,that the game has been delayed..=P

AE86Driver

ummm...excuse me for askin',but...you're complaining why?:lol: I think the graphics look very nice ^_^.I downloaded the Lancer vid yesterday,and those rain effects actually look pretty awsome...must be a replay?

AE86Driver

Looks like an amazing game! I wish they brought games like this to the U.S.

r.gif

This game includes very accurately modelled courses of famous mountains in Japan which are used for downhill racing. Check the clips out here : http://www.the-magicbox.com/game020703g.htm

Of course, the famous mountains in 'Initial D' are included as well. Most notably, Akina (Haruna) and Nikko Irohazaka. The Lancer video clip is in Iroha.

Oh, if you folks have not heard of this game called 'Battle Gear 2', go get the English version which is named 'Tokyo Road Race'. A great drifting game. Car simulations and drive model is very realistic. Graphics are dated, but it's a port from the arcade. Current installment is 'Battle Gear 3', which would probably be awhile before it gets to PS2. Oh yeah, the game is by Taito.

Another thing... The 'Initial D' arcade game is called 'Initial D : Arcade Stage' in Asia. Is it called 'Special Stage' is the US?

I've got Battle Gear 2 Kai ^_^!I'm tryin' to earn up enough km to get the mecha tuned Trueno,but I'm soooooo far away -_-,bleh.I'm missing one course and I haven't got ONE secrect car yet =P.I'm missing the last OLD BATTLE GEAR course,I've got 2,and I know there's 3,so...I just don't know how to get any of this stuff though,cause the website I check every now and then,it's in Japanese...so I can't really tell what's what,except by the pictures ^_^,you think you can help me out a lil Kai?Do you know of an English Battle Gear 2 website that explains how many km you need to unlock courses and cars?any help appreciated,thanks ^_^!

AE86Driver

AE86Driver,

Dude, I feel your pain! But have no fear. I'll help ya out. I've got everything out already.

Here's how to get the courses :
Win every course available with at least 2-star setting.
This will release a new course. But note : not all courses will release another course.

I take it that you are still missing the BG1 course B4, the snow course? To get this one, you have to win Myougi. Which if I remember right, is C4.

Also, you have to win the course to release the option of playing it in reverse.

As for the cars, you have to win specific courses with setting of 3-stars and higher.

I'll do this from memory :

Akina C7 : 86Mecha (Fujiwara Takumi)(obvious, ain't it? The Tofu car! It even has the cup in the cupholder!)
Akina C6 (Reverse) : 86Turbo (Akiyama Wataru's turbo Levin)

Akagi C5 : Tuned FC (Takahashi Ryouske)
Akagi C5 (Reverse) : Tuned FD (Takahashi Keisuke)

Haruna C6 : Tuned Evo III (Sudou Kyouichi)
Haruna C6 (Reverse) : Tuned Evo IV (Iwaki Seiji)

Myougi C4 : Tuned BNR32 (Nakazato Takeshi)
Myougi C4 (Reverse) : Tuned SW20 (MR2) (Kogashiwa Kai)

Nagao Pass C8 : Tuned DC2 (Integra Type R)
Nagao Pass C8 (Reverse) : Tuned EK9 (Civic Type R)
*Can't remember the names of the two 'Initial D' drivers

B4 : Tuned GC8 (Impreza Type RA)

There are two more cars, of which I don't know how to release other than waiting for them to appear :
AE85 Trueno
AE86 Levin (Takeuchi Itsuki)

Try finishing Akina with either of these! I haven't been able to! They are SO slow! 85bhp!

Here's the life saver : It will release cars every 500km at 500km intervals (500km, 1000km, 1500km).
It also seems to release courses this way as well, but I'm not sure if it is 500km, and what the interval is.

The tuned AE86 Trueno is my favourite car as well, so it's the first one I got! :D But sadly, it behaves quite a bit differently from how it is in the arcade. This car is better in the arcade.

By the way, you can check out the BG2 forum I'm from here : http://boards.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?name=bg2

Great drivers there, and lots of tips. My nick there is Bunta666. Enjoy!

AHHHHHHH!!I FINALLY look back at this post and it too Late! ^_^!I found a site that has ALL the info I need,I think it's somethin' like BG2MY or somethin' like that .com I don't know exactly..it's in my favorites,but I FINALLY figured it all out now =D!yay!I've beaten all of the courses with an A classed car with the difficulty on 3 stars to earn all the bonus cars,hehe,I even got your SW20 Kai *_*,bleh!My favorite car is Mecha Tuned AE86 though ^_^,it turns reeeally well,but you shift too much,ahhhh!I can't beat Nagao 0_0 AHHHHH!eh,oh well...I got ALL the ones I wanted *grumbles* cept for the tuned LanEvo III that Kyouchi drives -_-.....ahhhh!Well sorry I read this post too long,I've been busy playing Battle Gear 2 and Stepmania ^_^,hehe.Well,if you wanna reply to this message Kai,then please send private message,bai!

Ja-ne

AE86Driver

by the way Kai,I've seen your name on that site I went to =D!I believe you gave a review about a secret car,haha!was it SW20?

Ja-ne

AE86Driver

Hey! Great that you figured out how to get the cars. And yeah, BG2MY is where I'm 'from' ;) My nick there is Bunta666 (in the forum). My playing nick is 666. Do drop into the forum, if it is operational ;) Check the records, those guys are phenomenal!

And yeah, I've given my input on a few cars, the last of which was probably the SW20 :D I was suggesting one of the record holders to try it out since none of them have yet.

Just to be sure, here's the site for my area : http://www.geocities.com/battlegear2my/

And the forum : http://boards.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?name=bg2

Ja ne. Ganbatte!

kaido battle looks pretty awesome...i just wish anything like this could come over to the us...im thinkging about importing a japanese playstation 2 so i could play more import titles like this..is it a good idea?

I'm doing the same thing. Hopefully I will find one that I want to get by next week. Actually the PS2 I really want in the white version that they sold in the UK, they only made 666 of them, and they play all games, NTSC, PAL, and NTSC-J no reason to mod it. The only thing is that I can't find anyone that wants to sell one for a reasonable price, they are all asking for about 600-1000 dollars for them, and with that amount, I can just buy all three types on my own.

0_o?!that much!That's outrageous!I payed $175 for mine ^_^!Brand Spankin' New as well =D!You should try ebay,that's where I bought mine.

Ja ne

AE86Driver

I've got 'Kaido Battle', and unfortunately, IMHO, it's kinda sucky. Basically threw it into the corner, and just went back to exhilirating mountain racing with 'Battle Gear 2'

Back