Kamy's BTCC Series || FinishedFinished 

Just a heads up on track boundaries on Silverstone National, as some people seem to exceed these limits.

Here is the first corner of Silverstone National
1st showcase.jpg

This is clean:
1s clean.jpg

This is dirty:
1st dirty.jpg

Notice that the red and white kerb counts as on track, but anything past (or excluding) these kerbs/rumble strips is off track. To stay within track limits, the car must keep at least 2 tires on track.

The same applies to the chicane section in Sector 1, as seen here:
2nd showcase.jpg

This is clean:
2nd clean.jpg

This is dirty:
2nd dirty.jpg

Please apply this information to every situation and all track layouts!

I hope people found this useful. Thanks for reading!

Cheers Moto nice work!

Kammy 2 Questions:

1. Will qualifying be on the 'solo' setting? Otherwise people can slipstream and those who hold back to avoid it might miss out on completing an extra lap.

2. During tonights session can we practically introduce the penalty/warning system to series newcomers by applying it with example punishments if there is any need for it after the races (with no impact on series points).

Also I reccomend that anyone in a team who is using skype or other service as comms to have no calls during the race to avoid any lag that could lead you to causing crashes or getting punted off.

Looking forward to it guys!

What times people getting on NATIONAL TRACK? My best so far is 58.9...

Going to open a room, anyone is welcome to join an test will post room number asap.

ROOM NUMBER:
1472-6681-3329-8085-4733

Last edited:
I'm sorry I probably can't make it tonight, got the GF over and I don't think she'll be impressed by having to watch my Integra going round in circles. Hopefully another Integra driver will be around to give a good idea of how well that car compares to the others. If I can make it, I will, but no promises :(

Thanks for the pictures Moto. That's exactly what's expected of track boundaries 👍

Cheers Moto nice work!

Kammy 2 Questions:

1. Will qualifying be on the 'solo' setting? Otherwise people can slipstream and those who hold back to avoid it might miss out on completing an extra lap.

2. During tonights session can we practically introduce the penalty/warning system to series newcomers by applying it with example punishments if there is any need for it after the races (with no impact on series points).

Also I reccomend that anyone in a team who is using skype or other service as comms to have no calls during the race to avoid any lag that could lead you to causing crashes or getting punted off.

Looking forward to it guys!

1. Nope. All together like in real life and you can pretend to be Massa and Alonso in Monza helping eachother :P
2. We can do that. Race incidents should be reported via PM to me

Good point on the internet usage.

Really???? I know you could say it's realistic, but in a real BTCC qualifying the cars are completely spread out and the track much quieter than it will be in our session, where as Kaz decides to release us all bumper to bumper before the first corner and we have to constantly drop away from other cars while trying to set hot laps.[/quote]

Really???? I know you could say it's realistic, but in a real BTCC qualifying the cars are completely spread out and the track much quieter than it will be in our session, where as Kaz decides to release us all bumper to bumper before the first corner and we have to constantly drop away from other cars while trying to set hot laps.
We'll do it in practise mode instead of Qualifying, so we all start from pits.

Great racing guys.

Please let me know what you think:
The good and the bad from tonight's session

My thoughts from what I saw:

Focus to fast on straights(yeah I know it's a tank on cornering, but still to fast). Integra the best on cornering and Golf was a bit slower than the Integra on straights too. It was impossible to overtake the focus on a straight no matter how I exited the turns before, even with draft.
I'm thinking Maybe the Focus will have power down to 285BHP and the Integra will have a 20 or 40 Kg added to it's tally. Golf will remain at 1220 as the Integra will have more wheight and the Golf was faster than Focus in Brands Indy. Can't coment on the other 2 cars as I didn't race them.

EDIT: Also qualy on practice mode went fine I think. Any problems with that??

Great racing guys.

Focus to fast on straights(yeah I know it's a tank on cornering, but still to fast). Integra the best on cornering and Golf was a bit slower than the Integra on straights too. It was impossible to overtake the focus on a straight no matter how I exited the turns before, even with draft.
I'm thinking Maybe the Focus will have power down to 285BHP and the Integra will have a 20 or 40 Kg added to it's tally. Golf will remain at 1220 as the Integra will have more wheight and the Golf was faster than Focus in Brands Indy. Can't coment on the other 2 cars as I didn't race them.

Definitely worth a try, I'd like to see this in action soon :) Good, fun racing tonight everyone, thanks!

Great racing guys.

Please let me know what you
think:
The good and the bad from
tonight's session

My thoughts from what I saw:

Focus to fast on straights(yeah I
know it's a tank on cornering, but still to fast). Integra the best on cornering and Golf was a bit slower
than the Integra on straights too. It was impossible to overtake the
focus on a straight no matter how I exited the turns before, even with draft.
I'm thinking Maybe the Focus will have power down to 285BHP and
the Integra will have a 20 or 40 Kg added to it's tally. Golf will remain at 1220 as the Integra will have
more wheight and the Golfwasfaster than Focus in Brands Indy. Can't coment on the other 2 cars as I didn't race them.

EDIT: Also qualy on practice mode
went fine I think. Any problems with that??

Good Racing 👍

My thoughts is that the Focus is
really a Ducati deep down inside
lol..

I think the chances of ford winning at brands arent good to be honest an at the National Circuit i was struggling to get into 58's on a track that is more suited to the ford.

We can only keep testing guys 👍

Its not easy getting all these sorted.

In GT5 i did my own BTCC. Maybe Kamy you could include the Volvo C30??

Good Racing 👍

My thoughts is that the Focus is
really a Ducati deep down inside
lol..

I think the chances of ford winning at brands arent good to be honest an at the National Circuit i was struggling to get into 58's on a track that is more suited to the ford.

We can only keep testing guys 👍

Its not easy getting all these sorted.

In GT5 i did my own BTCC. Maybe Kamy you could include the Volvo C30??
The idea is to put more weight on Integra and Golf to bring them closer to the Focus on handling. But the Focus speed has to go down as it realy is impossible to overtake in straight. And I mean impossible.

I prefer to try and make this cars work before adding cars that didn't run on BTCC.

we could do another pre season race like today but this time on Brands Indy.
We start with 20 or 40 more Kg to Integra and Focus on 285 BHP.

Phone crashed an it multi posted..

Ford Focus 06 is a greater car than the 13 i think.
In testing I thought it was more of a tank :P

The idea is to put more weight on Integra and Golf to bring them closer to the Focus on handling.
But the Focus speed has to go down as it realy is impossible to
overtake in straight. And I mean
impossible.

I prefer to try and make this cars work before adding cars that didn't
run on BTCC.

we could do another pre season
race like today but this time on
Brands Indy.
We start with 20 or 40 more Kg to
Integra and Focus on 285 BHP.

Yeah sounds good, we can only try :) am usually on all day so it gives me something to test tune :)

I'm interested in this I'm new to online racing so I may not be as quick when are your race days and times if anybody needs a team mate I'm up for that as well.

Yeah sounds good, we can only try :) am usually on all day so it gives me something to test tune :)
Great. Maybe tomorrow night we can test some more.
Or if more people can make it we could do Brands Pre Season race :)

I'm interested in this I'm new to online racing so I may not be as quick when are your race days and times if anybody needs a team mate I'm up for that as well.
Monday night's starting 20:20 GMT

The idea is to put more weight on Integra and Golf to bring them closer to the Focus on handling. But the Focus speed has to go down as it realy is impossible to overtake in straight. And I mean impossible.

I prefer to try and make this cars work before adding cars that didn't run on BTCC.

we could do another pre season race like today but this time on Brands Indy.
We start with 20 or 40 more Kg to Integra and Focus on 285 BHP.

After reading this, I thought it might make more sense to try reducing focus weight and power, but keep the Golf and Integra at about where they are. This way, only one car's regulations are changing, and the Golf and Integra have gone under a lot of changes, whereas the Focus '13 is relatively new. To me, making the new car fit in would be easier than making the other cars change for that one new car. Please feel free to disagree ;D

After reading this, I thought it might make more sense to try reducing focus weight and power, but keep the Golf and Integra at about where they are. This way, only one car's regulations are changing, and the Golf and Integra have gone under a lot of changes, whereas the Focus '13 is relatively new. To me, making the new car fit in would be easier than making the other cars change for that one new car. Please feel free to disagree ;D
That would be the best way to do it. But the problem is the Focus is at it's lowest weight at 1198 :(

Hmm. It's going to take some testing to see if the focus' advantage on Silverstone is
equal to its disadvantage on
Brands!

Its not lol i Dont even think the focus would qualify first with 295bhp at silverstone lol..

Still working on a setup for this beast

Back