Kart Racing - Most frustrating races in GT6?

• Thread starter Devolution
  • 282 comments
Really? Maybe you can coach me through that one as well? I also need to get a gold on mission race s-5. But this is not the right forum for that now.

As far as I can tell, the main thing about the RB @ Goodwood is just surviving 'til the end. The thing goes like a nutter, but it also brakes and turns like a nutter, and the time for gold isn't really all that tight. Other GW challenges you really have to put in a good time to get gold... the RB you pretty much just have to make it to the end in a time that's not entirely rubbish.

The first time I made it to the end was I think my third try, and I got gold with it. I decided to just take it a lot easier so I could actually make it to the end for once, set a time, and then I'd have an idea of how much faster I'd need to go. As it turned out, it was a gold run anyway. A couple of weeks later, knowing I'd taken it pretty easy, I figured I'd try beat the time. Well I was flying off the track left right 'n' centre. Finally decided I'd take it slower again and work my way up. When I finally held it together all the way to the finish line, I was nearly a second off my previous time... yet still easily clear of time for gold.

DNW
As far as I can tell, the main thing about the RB @ Goodwood is just surviving 'til the end. The thing goes like a nutter, but it also brakes and turns like a nutter, and the time for gold isn't really all that tight. Other GW challenges you really have to put in a good time to get gold... the RB you pretty much just have to make it to the end in a time that's not entirely rubbish.

The first time I made it to the end was I think my third try, and I got gold with it. I decided to just take it a lot easier so I could actually make it to the end for once, set a time, and then I'd have an idea of how much faster I'd need to go. As it turned out, it was a gold run anyway. A couple of weeks later, knowing I'd taken it pretty easy, I figured I'd try beat the time. Well I was flying off the track left right 'n' centre. Finally decided I'd take it slower again and work my way up. When I finally held it together all the way to the finish line, I was nearly a second off my previous time... yet still easily clear of time for gold.
Thanks for your reply & feedback! Although, I'd like to respond to your post, it will be "off topic" for this thread, so i'll let it go for now. Thanks again!

Christ. Who dont you just ask him to do it for you! Honestly.....

He was only asking for advice on how to do the event....is this not a forum for such things? The advice he got from this thread helped him get through the Shifter event, so he wanted similar advice for the RB event. I don't see why your comment was needed :confused:

Christ. Who dont you just ask him to do it for you! Honestly.....
He was only asking for advice on how to do the event....is this not a forum for such things? The advice he got from this thread helped him get through the Shifter event, so he wanted similar advice for the RB event. I don't see why your comment was needed :confused:
@nursemorph I think he's just joking bro. Chill up. :D

@nursemorph I think he's just joking. Chill up. :D

Yeah, I guess he was although it's difficult to tell on here sometimes, though Chris doesn't normally moan at people. It was more my tiredness of the sheer number of posts in this forum that make me want to tell the person posting it to "🤬 off and stop being so arrogant/cocky/unhelpful/bullying". Most people on the forum are extremely helpful and nice but, on the other hand, the number of people who aren't is the biggest I have seen in any one forum so far. I think it's time i took a break before I start posting things and getting banned for being a bit too rude

Yeah, I guess he was although it's difficult to tell on here sometimes, though Chris doesn't normally moan at people. It was more my tiredness of the sheer number of posts in this forum that make me want to tell the person posting it to "🤬 off and stop being so arrogant/cocky/unhelpful/bullying". Most people on the forum are extremely helpful and nice but, on the other hand, the number of people who aren't is the biggest I have seen in any one forum so far. I think it's time i took a break before I start posting things and getting banned for being a bit too rude
Let them. The important thing is you're the good guy who's always here to help and give advice. It's the internet. Just chill out bro! ;)

OMG after plugging in my G25, I finally got gold on the last 125 Shifter race in GT Arena!! I'm so happy, I could leg hump someone!! :eek:

I also got gold on the Aventador test for the License S which I also wasn't able to do with DS3.

Seriously, those two races are nearly impossible to get gold if you don't have a wheel. :boggled:

By the way, a HUGE thanks to dynasty_dennis' for his transmission tuning suggestion. For those who are still struggling with the 125 Shifter, you can try maxing out the top speed so it's easier to put the power down especially for the last two corners in GT Arena before you hit the long straight.

Last edited:
I came in here to agree that these are frustrating. These were easier after I stretched out my transmission gearing. Helped a lot on Autum Ring.

Back