Kart tuning

• Thread starter tennyis
  • 15 comments
On the 100cc karts? I passed the first one.. It only took a few hours lol but I'm completely stuck on the second track of the 100cc karts the in doors space looking one. I know I can skip it but Im trying to gold everything. I got my wheel out and I've figured out you can't take 1st off the bat you have to get 2nd and around 4-5th lap 1st place slows down and you have a chance but omg it's so frustrating

Anyone have a liat of gear ratios for each track. Im having a hell of a time with the space track

Don't remember the ratios but I believe with the right tune the kart tops out around the S/F line...if that helps.

Karts aren't about tuning, it's how you drive them. I've yet to try out the second round of karts, but the first round was fairly straight forward. I won't endeavour to teach you how to suck eggs, but I didn't touch the gearbox at all, I just drove the ass off it...

{Cy}

Don't worry, just try to fiddle around with the gearbox. You should be able to define the optimal (top)speed needed within 2-3 times max.

***Spoiler Alert***
Wait till you get to the final Kart 125 shifter race... took me 1.5hours of sweat & cursing to gold it.
On a positive note, its possible to gold it with the DS3 joypad ;)

The transmission isn't the same anymore. Tuning the transmission as it was in GT5 is not going to work.

The transmission isn't the same anymore. Tuning the transmission as it was in GT5 is not going to work.
So you've tested this extensively I assume and have some data to publish to back up your claim?

Don't worry, just try to fiddle around with the gearbox. You should be able to define the optimal (top)speed needed within 2-3 times max.

***Spoiler Alert***
Wait till you get to the final Kart 125 shifter race... took me 1.5hours of sweat & cursing to gold it.
On a positive note, its possible to gold it with the DS3 joypad ;)

How? This particular race is the bane of my existence :irked::ouch::grumpy::nervous:

How? This particular race is the bane of my existence :irked::ouch::grumpy::nervous:
Trial and error..try increasing the final gear ratio about 20% to start...if the Kart is topping out before the first hairpin after the S/F line you're probably close enough. If you're still gaining speed, raise it some more until you get it right. After that it's up to you to drive the wheels off it.

Trial and error..try increasing the final gear ratio about 20% to start...if the Kart is topping out before the first hairpin after the S/F line you're probably close enough. If you're still gaining speed, raise it some more until you get it right. After that it's up to you to drive the wheels off it.
The problem is with oversteer on GT Arena....I am using a d pad and I have the gas assigned to the X button. One mis-press, and boom....spun out. This is ridiculous, I bet this race was made from From Software (creators of Demons Souls / Dark Souls). I have golded the other two events, and I am sitting here in the pre-race screen thinking how to approach this....

EDIT: Ok, I got 2nd which gave me the win for the cup since I got first on the other two events. That's what Ii wanted so I can freely restart the final race to get all 3 stars. There's few times I have felt so accomplished in my life :D

Last edited:
I beat the 100cc with the stock settings, just had to grind out a couple races to figure out the track, on the space track you can take first by cutting the first turn and use the opponents as a cushion into the oval turn, minimal braking needed. I got out in front and cruised to the gold. Will be starting the 125cc tonight!

Did all the kart races with the stock settings, most difficult for me was the 125 shifter at the gt arena. My tires heated up to much so i had to steer carefull.

DATA being log @Johnnypenso! TESTING ALL THE WAY!!! :lol:

I know it's hard to convince people that are stuck in their ways @Johnnypenso, it's called HUMAN NATURE. Though some already finding out for themselves.

Last edited:
thanks will try the gear rations and being more aggressive at the start to try and get 1st.
The trick to driving karts is throttle control and using smooth racing lines. If you stay on the gas around the corners you'll get exit oversteer and spin. Focus on coasting thru the corners and it will become clear when its safe to get back on the gas. Soon you will be able to start knocking seconds off those lap times.:cheers:

Back