Karting - 100% fail - PD redo steering from scratch please

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 78 comments
lol What a massive bag of fail that is.

Completely undriveable. This comes from a guy who has shelves filled with karting trophies.

On a wheel you have to use the teeny tiniest steering input in or it spins. I'm talking just a couple of degrees and there is no way to reduce the steering sensitivity other than the FFB, which does help but it's still a couple of degrees of movement. The moment you have to take avoiding action and use more input, you're doomed. Yes karts have very fast racks but a well setup kart you should be able to have around 45 degrees of useable steering, not 2!

I'm guessing pad users have no problems from what I've just seen.

I'm trying to fixate on the red dot and keep it as close to the middle as possible.

Why is it these driving sims can't get karts right? PC1 was extremely bad as well.
I don't have shelves of karting trophies, but from beta to demo, karting category is where I'm really having fun with, as in real life karts need precision steering, even in daily race in demo I've won almost all the karts event. Maybe your setting isn't up to your level perhaps?

I don't have shelves of karting trophies, but from beta to demo, karting category is where I'm really having fun with, as in real life karts need precision steering, even in daily race in demo I've won almost all the karts event. Maybe your setting isn't up to your level perhaps?
Or maybe the issue is real and you've just worked around it?

Or maybe the issue is real and you've just worked around it?
I did fiddled around with the controller setting the torque feedback etc since few of the laps were too bad for me, but don't think that's gonna impact much since i was adjusting the controller to my driving style, TCS at 2 and brake balance at -1

Does anyone know if they fixed the degrees of rotation for karts for G29? It was basically undriveable the last time I tried it. Changing the steering sensitivity made no difference.

With other wheels you can change the rotation in the wheel but not with a G29.

Does anyone know if they fixed the degrees of rotation for karts for G29? It was basically undriveable the last time I tried it. Changing the steering sensitivity made no difference.

Steering sensitivity does change for wheels imo, I do it all the time for Karts, from 7 down to about 0/1.

Drove the kart for the 1st time in Sunday's daily... took me around 10 laps to get the hang of it, but no problems after that (T300).

OK, not it's not very realistic to use such tiny steering inputs, but it's in no way undrivable!!

Are you sure??? Really really sure???

Please look in this links .. and after doing (or trying) something like they say.. confirm that you were correct.. please!!

http://support.logitech.com/en_my/a...ch-Gaming-Software?product=a0qi0000006PmxKAAS

http://support.logitech.com/en_my/a...r-Playstation-4-Playstation-3-or-PC-platforms

https://www.softwarert.com/change-logitech-g29-wheel-operating-range/

Anyway, maybe the devs are listening and will sort this out.

I wouldn't assume that.

You should probably push the issue to Sony customer support as well as to the manufacturer of the wheel (it's not their fault but complaining to them could cause them to push the issue to Sony/PD). Present the issue as a pure bug and not a preference and it should move up the chain to some extent.

I used to work for a video game publisher and you would be surprised by the small issues that make it directly to the developer if taken through the proper channels.

Those instructions are for adjusting steering range on PC. I believe those settings do not carry over to the PS4. I've seen those comments reflected a few times on these forums, but I'd be happy if you proved me wrong. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g29-optimum-rotation.374606/

I'm pretty sure the G29 updated degrees of rotation based on car.

Steering sensitivity does change for wheels imo, I do it all the time for Karts, from 7 down to about 0/1.
I tested setting sensitivity from the max to -2 with no change. Even at -2 a few degrees of rotation was full wheel lock on the kart.

Last edited:

Those instructions are for adjusting steering range on PC. I believe those settings do not carry over to the PS4. I've seen those comments reflected a few times on these forums, but I'd be happy if you proved me wrong. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g29-optimum-rotation.374606/

I tested setting sensitivity from the max to -2 with no change. Even at -2 a few degrees of rotation was full wheel lock on the kart.

They do not carry over. I have tested this myself. Changing settings on laptop which sets right next to my ps4. So I would change settings and then plug it in. Tried multiple times, as have others on this site, to no avail.

With plenty of shame, I admit I turn on counter assistance steering :boggled:
Exactly this, elbows sticked on your ribs, lot of fun.
giphy.gif

You just have to adjust your degrees of rotation.

Fanatec CSL Elite makes this very easy as it is all just in the tuning menu. Limiting to 900 degrees seems ok. They really should adjust this per wheel probably though to find a default steering ratio that works better and feels more real.

I’ll have to try again myself but for the three kart races I’ve done, at 7 it was crazy touchy, so adjusted it down and felt better. Was still realllllyy sensitive but it seemed to help for me, I’m sure it wasn’t placebo, but as I said I’ll have to see again for myself.

I can´t proov your wong.. casue I don´t have a G29.. and if you don´t try it.. ypu wont prove nothing to yourself either.. That´s your problem dude! Not mine!!!

Regarding kart angle block.. that is what happens in anny kart race.. and on any kart race... not only in GTS... I had some problem with GT6.. so... it aint gonna be with angle change on the wheel tha your going to do improve that... but as I said. i you don´t try.. you´l never trully know...

They do not carry over. I have tested this myself. Changing settings on laptop which sets right next to my ps4. So I would change settings and then plug it in. Tried multiple times, as have others on this site, to no avail.

You just have to adjust your degrees of rotation.

Fanatec CSL Elite makes this very easy as it is all just in the tuning menu. Limiting to 900 degrees seems ok. They really should adjust this per wheel probably though to find a default steering ratio that works better and feels more real.

as mentioned in the quote above, you can't do this with a G29 :(
I'll try running the CSA and see if it mellows out the steering.

Back