Kaz at Taipei Game Show: GT7 in production, more content for GTS and more

Slovakia
Slovakia
dawko-san
https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1103429.html

We need somebody to translate this ASAP guys.

This is a japanese interview from the Taipei Game Show 2018.

Here's what I got from it:

Basically, PD started to work on next GT since the launch of GT Sport, they don't know if they call it GT7 as of now.

More content is in development, they would like to do a next TT game although cars are priority.

More tuning and customization options to come in the next GT.

More new cars (those which didn't appear in previous GTs) are coming to GTS in the future updates.

Time trail will be compatible with PS VR in future.

Last edited:
Translated into ita, he talks principally about GTsport and speaks circumstantially about the next GT ... nothing really confirmed.
Basically it says that after the release of GTsport it was already thinking about the development of the next GT, which is obvious.

He clearly stated the production has started :)
Technically developing GTsport automatically develops the next chapter because everything you do on Gtsport will go to the next chapter with additions.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I thought google did a terrible job at translating any language to german but translating this to english is almost as bad :lol:

But anyway, it‘s the usual beat around the bush Kaz talking, he doesn‘t corfirm or deny anything really. I‘m still excited to see what his plans are with GTS and if he has any surprises in the sleeve for us :)

And I thought google did a terrible job at translating any language to german but translating this to english is almost as bad :lol:

But anyway, it‘s the usual beat around the bush Kaz talking, he doesn‘t corfirm or deny anything really. I‘m still excited to see what his plans are with GTS and if he has any surprises in the sleeve for us :)

Well there is the weather...

And yeah, Kaz being Kaz... confirms nothing, rules out nothing :D everything is technically possible, they just don't care obvioisly :D

Basically he is confirming that they are already working on next GT, also he confirms that with every month there will be a car pack update for GT Sport (this is interesting). And adding new tracks in current game. Also no plans for TT.

...how I see it, they will probably use this engine that they have in GT Sport, reduce fps to 30 so they can add all the features that GT6 had, and then leave GTS as competitive game (Sport mode) and this new GT (if it is true what he says) new GT, probably 7, with all features that 6 had :)

Last edited:
Here is the direct translation from the interview (probably not quite accurate, but here is what I've got) :

Interview with Mr. Kazunori Yamauchi producer "GT SPORT"

Finally mention "GT 7". The FIA licensing plan is "moving forward one step at a time"

Taipei Game Show After the stage event of "Gran Turismo SPORT (GT SPORT)" on January 27, which is the second day of the exhibition of 2018, a media interview with Mr. Kazunori Yamauchi, producer, was conducted, so I would like to deliver that pattern . As for the stage event, I summarize it as an event report , so I would like to refer to that.

GT SPORT" is updating cars and courses with patches, but are there any plans for new updates beyond cars?

Mr. Yamauchi: Currently it updates cars and courses. Then three of the GT league game mode race update. I think that will continue in the future.

- "GT 6" has many customized items, is there any plan to add the same elements in the future "GT SPORT"?

Mr. Yamauchi: The customization factor of "GT SPORT" is different from the numbering, "GT 6", or "GT 7" which may come in the future. I think the customization factor will probably be the next work that will be what Kitchin and all of you will want

- Many of the cars recorded so far in "GT SPORT" are also included in the previous work, but are you planning to add a completely new car in the future?

Mr. Yamauchi: That is it. There are new cars in updates that are released every month. We will continue to include new cars as well as past cars in the future.

- Multiplayer of "GT SPORT" is required to have sportsmanship like a real race, but in actual racing in the game, some users are not used to the game and comply with sportsmanship It is difficult. Are there any comments on this point?

Mr. Yamauchi: I saw the match between top players of "GT SPORT" at the venue today, but raced with almost the same quality as the top class real car race. If they grow up like a lot of "good drivers", I think that the world of "GT SPORT" will approach the real world of motor sports.

- How was the plan to be able to obtain an official license from the FIA?

Mr. Yamauchi: It continues as usual. FIA, and then communication with everyone with the car club continues, we are moving forward one step at a time. However, it is not easy to advance the program globally.

- I liked the "Tourist trophy" which was released at PS2. Is there no plan for a sequel to "TT"?

Mr. Yamauchi: Although I do not have any plans at the moment, I always hear about the sequel of "TT", so I do not know whether it will appear as a sequel to "TT" or whether a motorcycle will appear in "GT", but always There is a corner in the head.

- Although "GT" pursues reality, there are opinions that there is not enough for light users as entertainment. How is that balance taken?

Mr. Yamauchi: The behavior of the car, which we realized with "GT SPORT", physics is probably an advanced person, the advanced person here refers to a person who has actually run a car on the circuit But I think that even advanced people are doing a convincing movement, and at the same time I think that even people driving a car for the first time do not do anything different from imagination. I think that "GT SPORT" is the first time that I realized these two things at the same time

- VR mode is only single play at the moment, but what are you planning to do with multiplayer in the future?

Mr. Yamauchi: I do not have plans for Multiplayer at the moment, but I am planning to make time trials possible in VR mode with future updates.

There is more :

- In this setting, you can adjust tires and suspensions, but what are the plans to install new settings for those who want to adjust more finely?

Mr. Yamauchi: I think it will probably be the next "GT"

- "Is there any concrete plan for the next" GT "?

Mr. Yamauchi: I can not talk about anything yet, but since the moment releasing "GT", I have started making the next "GT".

- Next number will be numbering, will it be "GT 7"?

Mr. Yamauchi: I still do not know it (laugh).

- The "GT" series pursues reality, but is there any idea to make entertainment-centered racing games?

Mr. Yamauchi: In terms of the genre of racing games, I do not think there will be anything to make racing games with more entertainment. I think it may be possible to make it in genres other than racing games.

- F1 car came out to "GT SPORT", but there are no genres of car yet. Are you planning to add it in the future?

Mr. Yamauchi: I do not think there is any reason to deny adding such a car.

- What are the plans for adding a new mode of the GT league?

Mr. Yamauchi: We are adding GT league events every month, but as new courses appear in the same event, we would like to continue doing things like being added to new events. I think that the world of the GT league, which was originally part of the world of the "GT" series, will continue to expand. In the GT league, it is a race of F150 raptor added this month, it is a race only of Ferrari, and it is a game design that can do anything basic, so in the GT league so far I think that there might be a unique race that did not exist.

- "GT SPORT" is a game for all ages, but are you planning to add race for children only in future offline tournaments etc.?

Mr. Yamauchi: That 's what I'd like to do. The missing from "GT SPORT" is the UI where you can choose your age. I want to introduce such an age selector and also race by age. However, doing online is not easy. Regarding the FIA 's Gran Turismo championship, the FIA says "Basically it will be over 18 years old."

I hope they take break from GT series and do some TT. When they making a new racing game. While they support GTS, I hope they come up with new idea in TT. I feel like could do some thing in TT and bring GT.

I hope they don't. Most people who buy GT wouldn't buy TT as a stand alone bike game. If they want to develop TT2, I hope they designate a second team for that, not that they stop GT.

If the livery editor, decal uploader, and Scapes are features in GT7, I will be happy.

I don't see the reason why PD would drop such important features after the time and effort they spent developing it for GTSport. If those features make sense in GTSport, they make even more sense in a "full" GT title IMO.

What console? PS4 Pro PR PS5? Looks like IPL be waiting for the next game then. Gran Turismo 25th Anniversary Edition.

Was Tourist Trophy a commercial success? I've never looked into it.

Cars are more popular and used in the real world, GT makes more sense.

GT7 is not in production phase, that is a misleading title:
Asked whether there are already concrete plans for the next GT, he mentioned that he cannot say anything specific, but “from the moment he releases a Gran Turismo, he has started creating the next Gran Turismo.” About whether it’ll be called Gran Turismo 7 or not, he mentioned that he doesn’t know yet.
More FIA collaboration coming:
Plans to extending the FIA License feature are continuing to unfold, with Polyphony in communication with each national institution. They’re moving one step at a time, as it’s not easy to push forward the project on a global scale.

Multiplayer of "GT SPORT" is required to have sportsmanship like a real race, but in actual racing in the game, some users are not used to the game and comply with sportsmanship It is difficult. Are there any comments on this point?

Mr. Yamauchi: I saw the match between top players of "GT SPORT" at the venue today, but raced with almost the same quality as the top class real car race. If they grow up like a lot of "good drivers", I think that the world of "GT SPORT" will approach the real world of motor sports.
Real world translation: I only watch the best players and they are clean. The rest of you are on your own:lol:

It's just a constant recurring theme that PD does whatever it wants and if it makes others happy then that's a bonus.

2018/1/27, Taipei Game Show

0cdc37da7a5fa7a7b0da403937fbc94b.JPG

Unfortunately, I can not say a few words with him or ask some questions because I am not a mediaman and he is very busy .. But thanks God, I still get a photo with him! :bowdown::gtpflag:

:gtplanet:

It's just a constant recurring theme that PD does whatever it wants and if it makes others happy then that's a bonus.
sigh, KAz was scoffed when he pitched GT to sony , they said no one wanted to race/tune real cars with realistic physics. They made him make two cartoony games before finally greenlighting his " bubble world vision" . The man has a vision , like it or not, its the reason we have GT sport. Heck, it's the reason we have Forza/ Asseto Corsa / Project cars. The fact Forza and AC use foreign language names speak volumes to what they were influenced by. Kaz is a visionary, whats sad is he sets out goals that are feasibly not achievable by his team. Its evident Polyphony strives for the best but can't really do it all, so some elements are half-assed , but when they get it right, they get it right.

GT7 is not in production phase, that is a misleading title:

Agree - now its been translated OP should really change his title as its an intent....

More interesting is the confirmation of ongoing updates.

We'll know when GT7 or whatever itvis called production starts when content updates reduce.. ....suspect 2+ years from now if GTS is to have 500 cars and production rate is c50 every 6 months......

Back